PDA

View Full Version : DNC agrees to give Sanders greater influence over party platform

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Bernie Sanders will be able to claim more sway over the convention in July after the Democratic National Committee partially gave in to his demand for more control over the committee that writes the party's platform.

While DNC rules allow the chair to pick all 15 members of the national convention drafting committee, the organization struck a deal with the two campaigns so that Hillary Clinton will pick six members, Sanders will pick five, and DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz will appoint four, party officials confirmed.

It's short of what Sanders lobbied for — he wrote to Wasserman Schultz suggesting that each campaign pick seven members and that the final member be picked jointly by both campaigns — it's still progress for Sanders, who has had an especially rocky relationship with Wasserman Schultz.

His campaign recently accused the DNC chairwoman of actively trying to undermine his presidential bid from the get-go, while Wasserman Schultz has given Sanders grief for the chaos caused by his supporters at the Nevada state convention earlier this month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/dnc-bernie-sanders-convention-2016-223477#ixzz49VXBh9Y8

Leadership marginalizing Wasserman is interesting. Apparently their handwaving at the chair throwing in Nevada wasn't working like they had hoped.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 02:19 PM
LOL. Clinton + Wasserman =10 out of 15.

Just happens to be a 2/3 majority.

:lmao

Bernie will get Berned.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 02:22 PM
LOL. Clinton + Wasserman =10 out of 15.

Just happens to be a 2/3 majority.

Bernie will get Berned.

You realize it was 15 for Wasserman before? Everything is relative, fattie.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 02:29 PM
You realize it was 15 for Wasserman before? Everything is relative, fattie.

If you think Hillary and Debbie are gonna let Bernie write a bunch of crazy shit into the platform you are even stupider that I thought you were.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 02:40 PM
If you think Hillary and Debbie are gonna let Bernie write a bunch of crazy shit into the platform you are even stupider that I thought you were.

He didn't even have a seat at the table before. Again, everything is relative, fattie.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 02:50 PM
He didn't even have a seat at the table before. Again, everything is relative, fattie.

:lmao yep. zero is relatively 0

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Wow.

That fuzzy logic never ceases to cause me laughter.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:01 PM
:lmao yep. zero is relatively 0

Which is greater, fattie: 0 or 5?

You've got the village idiot on your side at least.

spurraider21
05-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Is this his consolation prize?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Is this his consolation prize?

Wasserman lost 11 votes. She was supposed to have all of them.

It denotes a split in DNC leadership seeing that she is the chair. Her vice chair quit several months ago in protest.

You seem to lack the ability to grasp that not everyone thinks like you; you are equally bad at compelling others to your way of thinking. As such, you should stay out of court. You're going to flounder around trying to cater to judges and jurors like our other supposed jurist.

spurraider21
05-23-2016, 03:29 PM
Wasserman lost 11 votes. She was supposed to have all of them.

It denotes a split in DNC leadership seeing that she is the chair. Her vice chair quit several months ago in protest.

You seem to lack the ability to grasp that not everyone thinks like you; you are equally bad at compelling others to your way of thinking. As such, you should stay out of court. You're going to flounder around trying to cater to judges and jurors like our other supposed jurist.
:lol your outrage is duly noted

Just so you know, your emotional rants aren't getting me closer to dripping out of school or switching gears professionally. But you're free to keep trying. Fortunately you seem pretty poor at convincing others.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Wasserman = Hillary

She's all in.

I'm surprised you can't see this.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Wasserman = Hillary

She's all in.

She panders to Hillary certainly as the presumptive nominee from the get go but your conflation is reductio ad absurdum suited for dimwits.

I can see it. I just think its for simpletons who need to dumb things down to grasp them. suits you frankly.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 03:45 PM
She panders to Hillary certainly as the presumptive nominee from the get go but your conflation is reductio ad absurdum suited for dimwits.

I can see it. I just think its for simpletons who need to dumb things down to grasp them. suits you frankly.

Dumb is thinking Bernie has a chance against Hillary and Debbie.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:48 PM

Dualism from the dimwit. Good job.

You keep throwing out straw and I'll keep pointing out your failure in comprehension.

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:48 PM

So true, but Fuzzy likes that artificial hope. He is so easily conned by the left, it's laughable.

DMX7
05-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Wasserman = Hillary

She's all in.

How can anyone not see this??? She's totally for Hillary and hardly tries to pretend she's not with her actions.

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 04:04 PM
How can anyone not see this??? She's totally for Hillary and hardly tries to pretend she's not with her actions.

Fuzzy logic...

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 04:11 PM

The change makes it so that each party gets to put their people in. They are also just the chairs of the committees as well. I am curious who gets to appoint the rules committee chair. I'm not sure if they even vote as the rules are fairly convoluted.

While its obvious that Wasserman panders to Hillary, it's is besides the point in that context.

It just reads to me like simpleton spin and little more given the topic.

boutons_deux
05-23-2016, 04:28 PM
we all know platforms are bullshit, and ignored after election.

In the case of the upcoming Dem platform, NONE of it will pass with Repugs controlling Congress and running their scorched-earth, strict obstructionist strategy. And they would HATE and obstruct a Dem woman Pres as much has they hate and have obstructed a Dem male knitter.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 04:35 PM
The change makes it so that each party gets to put their people in. They are also just the chairs of the committees as well. I am curious who gets to appoint the rules committee chair. I'm not sure if they even vote as the rules are fairly convoluted.

While its obvious that Wasserman panders to Hillary, it's is besides the point in that context.

It just reads to me like simpleton spin and little more given the topic.

I realize you love to argue, but occasionally wise men can agree that the other guy has a point. You know it will always be 2 against 1 against whatever Bernie's guys propose.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 04:51 PM
I realize you love to argue, but occasionally wise men can agree that the other guy has a point. You know it will always be 2 against 1 against whatever Bernie's guys propose.

Again, this change has to do with committee chairs and not the delegates at large. At large delegates are actually rather close and super delegates are various senators and whatnot. acting like they will all side 2 : 1 " against whatever Bernie's guys propose" on every issue is asinine.

You're dumbing shit down to the point of absurdity. It's also completely obtuse to the apparent schism in leadership and what that portends with the superdelegates.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Again, this change has to do with committee chairs and not the delegates at large. At large delegates are actually rather close and super delegates are various senators and whatnot. acting like they will all side 2 : 1 " against whatever Bernie's guys propose" on every issue is asinine.

You're dumbing shit down to the point of absurdity. It's also completely obtuse to the apparent schism in leadership and what that portends with the superdelegates.

"what that portends with superdelegates". :lol

They vote for Hillary. End of Story.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 05:06 PM

"what that portends with superdelegates". :lol

They vote for Hillary. End of Story.

More than the nomination is determined at the convention, dimwit. Your insistence to continue your dumbed down take is noted though.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 05:09 PM
More than the nomination is determined at the convention, dimwit. Your insistence to continue your dumbed down take is noted though.

Your insistence to ignore what is painfully obvious to everyone else is noted as well.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 05:18 PM
Your insistence to ignore what is painfully obvious to everyone else is noted as well.

going to go for the bandwagon? sorry if that is uncompelling. dumbed down is certainly for mass consumption. Bernie is not likely in any way to win the nomination. I never said anything different, fattie.

ducks
05-23-2016, 07:38 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/280939-top-dem-sanderss-platform-role-pretty-unusual

Th'Pusher
05-25-2016, 05:54 AM
Dems discuss dropping Wasserman-Shultz

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/281147-dems-discuss-dropping-wasserman-schultz

Reck
05-25-2016, 05:59 AM
Like I said, the dem party bending over backwards to please him and he still trashing the system. This guy cant take an L with some grace.

His picks are insanely progressive. That is huge for Bernie.

I expect this guy to play nice now.

Th'Pusher
05-25-2016, 06:26 AM
Like I said, the dem party bending over backwards to please him and he still trashing the system. This guy cant take an L with some grace.

His picks are insanely progressive. That is huge for Bernie.

I expect this guy to play nice now.

He's in a position of power and he's using it to advance his agenda. You're right in that his loyalty is not to the Democratic Party, it's to his supporters. Unfortunately for Hillary, she needs his supporters.

ducks
07-17-2016, 12:30 AM
Do they want to lose