PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Warhammer

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Releases at 2AM 4/24.

I'm actually looking forward to this one fanboi like. Love the IP but TW had gotten stale.

Here is a video of tactical siege warfare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

DJR210
05-23-2016, 04:25 PM
So it's pretty much like Rome and Shogun with fantasy units?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 05:14 PM
So it's pretty much like Rome and Shogun with fantasy units?

Separate game mechanics for each race. flying units. quests and hero customization. multiple faction leaders. Specialized units, previously spies, priests etc, now both on campaign and tactical maps. Different siege mechanics and tactical map concepts. spells and their mechanics with much more depth and breadth than the previous tactical general cooldown.

Previous TW games were same mechanics for each faction with different skins. This is not the case. Lots more unit depth and diversity unique to each faction.

It does use the same base engine.

DJR210
05-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Maybe I'll stop by my local Codex retailer and pick it up

baseline bum
05-23-2016, 06:51 PM

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Denuvo:_Questions_and_Answers

Denuvo Q&A

Hi all,

News broke over the weekend that Total War: WARHAMMER will feature Denuvo Anti-tamper tech to help prevent piracy of our game.

There’s a large amount of misinformation around about the tech and how it will work with TW:WARHAMMER, so here’s a quick Q&A to help explain.

It is very much the case that this tech will be entirely automatic and unnoticed to the vast majority of players, but if you have concerns please do read on.

Will Total War: WARHAMMER require you to be always online?

No.

The game will require initial online authentication via Steam during installation as per all Total War games since EMPIRE. At this point Denuvo will also automatically authenticate. You can then decide to play in offline mode if you wish. Other games sometimes need to be always online, but this isn’t a Denuvo or Total War: WARHAMMER requirement and doesn’t apply to this game.

Will it affect the modability of the game?

No.

Like previous anti-tamper tech we have employed in Total War, it is the .exe that is protected, and we aren’t aware of any previous mods that change the .exe. In any case, there are Denuvo-protected games with mods that patch the values of the game’s .exe in memory (example).

Can you upgrade your PC hardware without any problems?

Yes.

Depending on the upgrade (CPU, mainboard or major OS update), it is likely that Denuvo will need to validate your PC again, which will happen automatically once you start the game. It may also be the case, depending on your upgrade, that Steam might need to validate your PC again anyway. So you would need to be online at that moment.

Regardless, if you upgrade your PC hardware in any manner, we would always recommend you go online anyway and download the latest drivers from your manufacturer’s website in order to ensure the best performance from the game.

Does Denuvo limit the max number of times I can install the game on different PCs?

No.

You can install your copy of Total War: WARHAMMER on as many PCs as you like under your Steam account.

The only limit is on the number on PCs you can install on in any 24 hour period. This is limited to 5 PCs.

There might of course be an unusual reason you would want to install the game on more than 5 PCs in a day, but we hope in that case you don’t mind waiting a couple of hours. This is obviously an important measure to help us prevent the spread of a pirated version of the game, so hope you appreciate that with this understanding you help us make more Total War games in the future.

Does Denuvo cause HDD or SDD (Hard drive) problems?

No.

There’s a misconception that Denuvo writes data (or encrypts data) to and from hard drives continuously. It doesn’t.

You can read more at the Denuvo FAQ here: http://denuvo.com/#page-4

Will Denuvo affect the performance/FPS of the game?

No.

Despite there being no technical reason it should, to ensure that its implementation doesn’t affect TW: WARHAMMER’s performance we have been running tests internally here at CA and externally at Denuvo to see if FPS is different between Denuvo and non-Denuvo builds. It isn’t.

Is Denuvo a DRM (digital rights management) solution?

No.

Total War games since EMPIRE have used Steam as DRM. In order to help our games not be pirated (and so we can keep making Total War), we have used various different Anti-tamper technology over the years, and Denuvo is the latest.

Chris
05-23-2016, 08:07 PM
I still play Rome and Medieval II (both great games) Highly recommend the Third Age mod if you're a LotR fan... It has a few very annoying bugs, but it's a lot of fun. Napoleon was the last one I bought. I've read a lot of negative reviews on the more recent TW games and their pricey downloadable content.

DJR210
05-23-2016, 11:48 PM
:lol fuckin Denuvo

BTW OP, it's May homie

baseline bum
05-24-2016, 12:10 AM
:lol fuckin Denuvo

BTW OP, it's May homie

:cry Gotta wait for Bird Sister to end her moratorium next February :cry

05-24-2016, 06:22 AM

:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
05-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Fucking chaos. You have to plan ahead. Getting to turn 120 and realizing you have no shot to handle the extra stacks. Good times.

DJR210
05-27-2016, 11:29 PM
I think I might just fire up Rome II tbh, fucking Denuvo cock blocked again

FuzzyLumpkins
06-01-2016, 02:28 PM
I think I might just fire up Rome II tbh, fucking Denuvo cock blocked again

This would actually be entertaining if you appeared to have the ability to crack anything. Instead it just reads like whinging because you are poor.

DJR210
06-01-2016, 02:46 PM
This would actually be entertaining if you appeared to have the ability to crack anything. Instead it just reads like whinging because you are poor.

That first part doesn't make sense. And :lol at poor.. The majority of games today just arent worth 60 bucks

baseline bum
06-01-2016, 02:47 PM
I have never played any of the Total War series. The last strategy game I was strongly into was Age of Empires II, that game is so much fun. FuzzyLumpkins, would you say this is the best in the series? The one to get into if you want to try Total War out? Is it better than the Rome series or Total War Attila?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-01-2016, 02:56 PM
I have never played any of the Total War series. The last strategy game I was strongly into was Age of Empires II, that game is so much fun. FuzzyLumpkins, would you say this is the best in the series? The one to get into if you want to try Total War out? Is it better than the Rome series or Total War Attila?

With games its hard because of how you relate to them. I didn't have more fun than the first Rome but that was because I had never seen anything like that. I do like it better than Medieval and that was my second favorite of the series.

It combines RTS and turn based strategy and while I think that the addition of RPG elements does a lot for it, if you don't like the genre in general it is not such a transcendent departure that I would recommend it.

If you love RTS and 4X already then yes I would say this is the best they have come out with ina a decade. I do and I find myself replaying factions and trying every permutation I can. It also has multiplayer support which we'll try this weekend.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-01-2016, 02:59 PM
That first part doesn't make sense. And :lol at poor.. The majority of games today just arent worth 60 bucks

Youre complaining about being stopped by copy protection and you cannot figure out how it could make sense? You do realize that different people have different senses of humor, no?

Posturing is amusing. You're complaining that you cannot get it for free. Actions speak louder than words.

DJR210
06-01-2016, 03:17 PM
baseline bum its Denuvo, nothing more to see here

baseline bum
06-01-2016, 03:37 PM

Eh, I might check it out in a Steam sale. I don't pirate all my games nigga.

baseline bum
06-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Still, nosteam sales are the best tbh

baseline bum
06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
With games its hard because of how you relate to them. I didn't have more fun than the first Rome but that was because I had never seen anything like that. I do like it better than Medieval and that was my second favorite of the series.

It combines RTS and turn based strategy and while I think that the addition of RPG elements does a lot for it, if you don't like the genre in general it is not such a transcendent departure that I would recommend it.

If you love RTS and 4X already then yes I would say this is the best they have come out with ina a decade. I do and I find myself replaying factions and trying every permutation I can. It also has multiplayer support which we'll try this weekend.

Thanks, I might check it out later when it drops in price. It has been a long time since I have played much RTS, but this game seems to get great reviews. But for now Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 just released big expansions so those will keep me busy a couple of months probably.

DJR210
06-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Eh, I might check it out in a Steam sale. I don't pirate all my games nigga.

Steam 93% off sale

baseline bum
06-03-2016, 08:38 PM

mkdev looks like he might be close to cracking son