PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Dunk King on NBA TV

Venti Quattro
05-24-2016, 12:24 AM
Does anyone watch this show? :lol :lol :lol

DMC
05-24-2016, 12:31 AM
Like "Who Wants to Eat a Meal", the Russian talent show.. not interesting.

Venti Quattro
05-24-2016, 12:40 AM
Like "Who Wants to Eat a Meal", the Russian talent show.. not interesting.

Tbf they have some good dunkers

Ginobili3
05-24-2016, 02:10 AM
They have good dunkers but the show is garbage. Hoopmixtape/BallIsLife does it better in less than an 8th of the time lol

Obstructed_View
05-24-2016, 04:48 AM
Now taking over-under bets on number of days until someone punches Kenny Smith in the face on the set.

05-24-2016, 06:09 AM
I thought it was on TNT. Anyways, this show is like 10 years too late tbh

Killakobe81
05-24-2016, 07:35 AM
I hate the false drama and reality tv wannabe schtick
Kenny's own reality TV show failed and he is desperate to find another platform ...
There are some really good dunkers on there but a lot of them you could already find on youtube ...

And doesnt this further devalue the NBA's own dunk contest? :lol
Sure it's on really late in the east and Midwest but just a reminder that best dunkers for the most part dont play in the NBA ... neither do the best ball handlers ...the best players, sure.
But these guys dont need to learn how to hedge and recover proper spacing in a motion offense or a horn set ... they just need to get nice with handle or can spend all day working and perfecting dunks. Call me semi-impressed, but I do appreciate the work they have done to perfect a small part of the "craft" of hoops ...

DMC
05-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Tbf they have some good dunkers
Dunks are boring as fuck without context. I don't even watch the AS Weekend dunk contest. I sure as hell ain't going to watch a bunch of no name leapers doing driveway dunks that I could find on Youtube, not when there's something on Netflix to watch.

I like Shaq, always have, but can't stand to listen to him talk. Same with Barkley. He says something stupid and funny now and then but the three crows cackling is played out on TNT already.

daslicer
05-24-2016, 05:55 PM
I hate the false drama and reality tv wannabe schtick
Kenny's own reality TV show failed and he is desperate to find another platform ...
There are some really good dunkers on there but a lot of them you could already find on youtube ...

And doesnt this further devalue the NBA's own dunk contest? :lol
Sure it's on really late in the east and Midwest but just a reminder that best dunkers for the most part dont play in the NBA ... neither do the best ball handlers ...the best players, sure.
But these guys dont need to learn how to hedge and recover proper spacing in a motion offense or a horn set ... they just need to get nice with handle or can spend all day working and perfecting dunks. Call me semi-impressed, but I do appreciate the work they have done to perfect a small part of the "craft" of hoops ...

I agree and would say that youtube and these other social media sites have devalued the power of the dunk psychologically. People are now used to seeing thousands of videos of guys dunking from all over world and doing random tricks that it's really hard to be amazed by dunks anymore. I love game dunks more then dunks performed in contests because contextually they still have more meaning especially during playoff games.