PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: anyone else thinks okc will win the title this year?

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 02:08 PM
the way westbrook is playing plus everyone appears to be in sync and their key guys all believed in the system. I cant honestly see golden state coming back from this series, kd is due for a good string of games and imo he's finally heating up.

game 4 is pivotal and my bet is they win tonight and close the series in 6 games.

and with the way the cavs have regressed lately, me thinks thunder finally wins the big one this year, tbh.

Thread
05-24-2016, 02:09 PM
I ain't a (thinker). I'm a (wisher & a hoper). I hope they do. They're in a near blind panic pursuit of it.

oh crap
05-24-2016, 02:16 PM
sure as fuck hope so. KD deserves a ring.

Ghazi
05-24-2016, 02:18 PM
If they're good enough to beat the Warriors and the Spurs back to back.... two historic regular seasons... I don't see why they shouldn't be favorites over the Cavs or Raptors.... their athleticism is blinding... and Cleveland comes off as a slow and unathletic team... This isnt 2012 anymore... Durant/WEstbrook have matured and Lebron has regressed... and Whistle/Bosh > Irving/Love.

2016 OKC > 2012 OKC and 2016 Cavs < 2012 Heat, IMO.

hater
05-24-2016, 02:26 PM
sure. Dirk and Kidd did it very similarly in 11....

FYM
05-24-2016, 02:30 PM
I think we are all selling short GSW, series ain't over yet

I'd be fine with an OKC win even though I'd prefer Lebron and the Cavs... think what you want about James but a win with cavs would be a great story

baseline bum
05-24-2016, 02:31 PM
the way westbrook is playing plus everyone appears to be in sync and their key guys all believed in the system. I cant honestly see golden state coming back from this series, kd is due for a good string of games and imo he's finally heating up.

You can't see the Warriors coming back from 2-1? If it's 3-1 tomorrow then that would be nearly impossible for GS to come back from, but 2-1 when they're such a devastating road team? OKC doesn't get to carry over their 28 point lead into tonight any more than the Spurs could after Game 1 last series.

timtonymanu
05-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Yep Thunder have to win today and I think they will take the series. Dubs haven't lost a back to back game yet in the playoffs under Kerr so Thunder have a good opportunity here.

hater
05-24-2016, 02:42 PM
I predicted Worriers in 6 and no reason to reneg on that prediction. Sticking to it till the end.

I would be actually shocked to see Worriers lose this bad so early in their legacy :lol but it has happened before (Miami, June 2014)

05-24-2016, 02:45 PM
If they were still in Seattle I'd be all for it. Right now I dislike everything about the franchise, from the name to the uniforms to the fans. Fuck them.

DPG21920
05-24-2016, 02:50 PM

game 4 is pivotal and my bet is they win tonight and close the series in 6 games.

and with the way the cavs have regressed lately, me thinks thunder finally wins the big one this year, tbh.

Westbrook shot 37% vs SA & is shooting sub-40% against GS I believe (it was 36% before GM3, might have changed enough). I don't think it's about how WB is playing (although outside of shooting he's doing well).

Killakobe81
05-24-2016, 03:03 PM
I think we are all selling short GSW, series ain't over yet

I'd be fine with an OKC win even though I'd prefer Lebron and the Cavs... think what you want about James but a win with cavs would be a great story

agreed the city would go nuts ...
Problem is ... it's cleveland even when they should win, they never do.
But hey the BoSox proved anything can happen ...eventually.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 03:17 PM
You can't see the Warriors coming back from 2-1? If it's 3-1 tomorrow then that would be nearly impossible for GS to come back from, but 2-1 when they're such a devastating road team? OKC doesn't get to carry over their 28 point lead into tonight any more than the Spurs could after Game 1 last series.
bum, I think they're easily rattled. cavs show them up last year and you can easily see them lose composure when the going gets tough.

I have a condition though, westbrook must continue to play at his teams pace and not the other way around.

if there's any other team that can come back from a 3-1 deficit (assuming tonight is a loss) its golden state but from my own eye test, okc appears to have regulated those bay area folks.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Westbrook shot 37% vs SA & is shooting sub-40% against GS I believe (it was 36% before GM3, might have changed enough). I don't think it's about how WB is playing (although outside of shooting he's doing well).

that's my point, its not about the numbers for westbrook it's all the intangibles so far in this series.

Kawhitstorm
05-24-2016, 03:18 PM

This is the same situation as the 2013 Finals when the Spurs blew out the 66 win Heat by 36 in Gm 3 (LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Ray finished w/ a -32/-29/-21/-21 ala Curry/Klay/Draymond/Iggy) & had them on their heels. In Gm 4, Bosh/Ray showed up & Wade/Bron took over in the 2nd half after the Spurs hung around in the first half.

Basically, Draymond/Iggy have to show up & Curry/Klay have to take the game over to get themselves out of this mess otherwise they will be in deep waters.

FYM
05-24-2016, 03:21 PM
agreed the city would go nuts ...
Problem is ... it's cleveland even when they should win, they never do.
But hey the BoSox proved anything can happen ...eventually.

This place is worst shit hole on earth, they never won anything. Even damned people deserve something good once in their life. That would be cool for the fans and the city yes

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 03:22 PM
im so confident im willing to put up $50 bet to any takers...okc in 6/7

Kawhitstorm
05-24-2016, 03:24 PM

WB had a TS of 47% against the Spurs but he has a TS of 54% (same as his regular season TS%) against the Duds. Besides, Klay has a TS of 46% against OKC (without having to guard WestBrick for 40 minutes nor score in isolation) while Kawhi had a TS of 55% against OKC (guarding WestBrick for 40 minutes & scoring in isolation).

The main difference is that WB couldn't get into the paint when Kawhi was guarding him unless it was in transition ala Gm 2 when he didn't score a single bucket against Kawhi but finished the game w/ 29. Meanwhile, Klay has Draymond switching to keep WB out of the paint but they are failing miserably. :lol

K...
05-24-2016, 03:28 PM
im so confident im willing to put up $50 bet to any takers...okc in 6/7

series or champs? big difference.

The thing about the cavs and okc....their role players are the streaky dumb kind and don't choke when logic suggests but when their own damn internal clocks go off. It would be an amazing series.

That said the cavs have bigs better than GS or the spurs. I'd imagine they are the favorite. The real MVP for OKC is Adams. He's going to get the max if he keeps up this level. He is like Raymond Green but bigger.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 03:30 PM
series or champs? big difference.

The thing about the cavs and okc....their role players are the streaky dumb kind and don't choke when logic suggests but when their own damn internal clocks go off. It would be an amazing series.

That said the cavs have bigs better than GS or the spurs. I'd imagine they are the favorite. The real MVP for OKC is Adams. He's going to get the max if he keeps up this level. He is like Raymond Green but bigger.

$50 for both, $100 total...down? love is trash and if lue is really coaching this team then they're gonna be blown to pieces..

DPG21920
05-24-2016, 04:00 PM
WB had a TS of 47% against the Spurs but he has a TS of 54% (same as his regular season TS%) against the Duds. Besides, Klay has a TS of 46% against OKC (without having to guard WestBrick for 40 minutes nor score in isolation) while Kawhi had a TS of 55% against OKC (guarding WestBrick for 40 minutes & scoring in isolation).

The main difference is that WB couldn't get into the paint when Kawhi was guarding him unless it was in transition ala Gm 2 when he didn't score a single bucket against Kawhi but finished the game w/ 29. Meanwhile, Klay has Draymond switching to keep WB out of the paint but they are failing miserably. :lol

WB game 3 jumped his TS% way up. The first two games were in line with SA series. He hasn't shot well at all but has had less lapses on defense and passed well.

DMC
05-24-2016, 04:40 PM
Thunder have always had the ability to bury you in points when the bench is on. When they aren't, then WB gets a bit untrusting and goes hero mode. That's when KD tunes him out and it's all downhill from there.

Can they? Absolutely, but like GS they are going to have to find a happy place where high usage guys start to get better roles, better looks and trust their teammates to make plays. This is where names are made (Bismack will get paid because of his performances tbh).

Kawhitstorm
05-24-2016, 04:50 PM
WB game 3 jumped his TS% way up. The first two games were in line with SA series. He hasn't shot well at all but has had less lapses on defense and passed well.

It's not a coincidences, WestBrick shoots better at home but even then Kawhi held him to 10-31 shooting in Gm 3 while dropping an efficient 31 on the other end & WB hit a bunch of hero-shot in Gm 4. The Duds meanwhile can't keep him out of the paint when he is being stubborn & going to the rim.

He shot a TOTAL of 38 FTs against the Spurs, he has already attempted 30 FTs against the Duds meaning he's on pace for 60 FTAs in 6 games.:lol

He's outplaying Curry & having his way in the paint against Klay/Draymond, Kawhi haters are getting ethered.

Strategic
05-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Talking heads are comparing tonight's game with recent 2-1 deficits for the Warriors. I think tonight's game is a must win for them, but not for OKC. Not a Thunder fan but GS looks sub par.

skmblz
05-24-2016, 04:52 PM
if westbrook wasnt on that team, sure. so no

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 05:57 PM
It's code RED for the Warriors. There's no way they can beat OKC 3 straight times if they lose tonight, it's over.

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Thunder have always had the ability to bury you in points when the bench is on. When they aren't, then WB gets a bit untrusting and goes hero mode. That's when KD tunes him out and it's all downhill from there.

Can they? Absolutely, but like GS they are going to have to find a happy place where high usage guys start to get better roles, better looks and trust their teammates to make plays. This is where names are made (Bismack will get paid because of his performances tbh).
Pansy, stand on your ground and pick.

Arcadian
05-24-2016, 06:26 PM
If they're good enough to beat the Warriors and the Spurs back to back.... two historic regular seasons... I don't see why they shouldn't be favorites over the Cavs or Raptors.... their athleticism is blinding... and Cleveland comes off as a slow and unathletic team... This isnt 2012 anymore... Durant/WEstbrook have matured and Lebron has regressed... and Whistle/Bosh > Irving/Love.

2016 OKC > 2012 OKC and 2016 Cavs < 2012 Heat, IMO.

I agree with this logic.

Capt Bringdown
05-24-2016, 06:33 PM
As a UT alum, I would like to see Durant win a title.
But I would get a much bigger thrill from watching the smirks silenced in Golden State.
The east teams are boring as hell and the finals is going to be a snoozefest.

DMC
05-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Pansy, stand on your ground and pick.
"I'm almost tempted to ignore him"

Stalks me through every forum.. :lmao

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 06:55 PM
"I'm almost tempted to ignore him"

Stalks me through every forum.. :lmao

Pansy. Give us your pick.

DMC
05-24-2016, 06:58 PM
Pansy. Give us your pick.
There's two of you faggots?

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 07:02 PM
There's two of you faggots?
You're so Beta :lol

With takes like "Billy Donovan" is a short timer" and "Draymond Green doesn't fit" , yes you need to shut up and sit your ass down...

DMC
05-24-2016, 07:06 PM
You're so Beta :lol

With takes like "Billy Donovan" is a short timer" and "Draymond Green doesn't fit" , yes you need to shut up and sit your ass down...

Vanilla posters like you come along after a win and look to take a profit when you didn't make an investment to begin with. We'll see how Donovan ends up. There were plenty in the thread that agreed and I even spoke better of Donovan than Brooks the very next post. You were no where to be seen though you had ample time to post a different viewpoint. Same with Green. 3 years later and you're trying to take profits you didn't earn.

Faggot vanilla posters ruin forums by not contributing anything and legriding the real operators here.

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Blah blah, I got you on a big ass stick fatty. :lol

SAGirl
05-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Been saying its their year since they beat us. They finally got a good coach, it made the whole difference.

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Been saying its their year since they beat us. They finally got a good coach, it made the whole difference.
Donovan is a short timer...:lol

SAGirl
05-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Hes much improved from Scott Brooks TBH, Kerr was a rookie coach but got a championship his first season.

For whatever reason, he's getting through to this group. I had not seen them this focused b4.

Its their year.

DMC
05-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Blah blah, I got you on a big ass stick fatty. :lol
Get a name and I'll ELE bet you. Until then you're nobody and you need to get a sponsor.

spurtech09
05-24-2016, 08:11 PM
It would be funny if the Raptors won the 2016 NBA Championship.....Don't count out the raps lol.....

K...
05-24-2016, 08:13 PM
As a UT alum, I would like to see Durant win a title.
But I would get a much bigger thrill from watching the smirks silenced in Golden State.
The east teams are boring as hell and the finals is going to be a snoozefest.

as a UT alumn i say fuck the one and done from out of state. Couldn't get us past 16.

spurtech09
Raptors 2016 NBA Champs

hater
Randy Isiah Foye and Deyon Dumars Waiters tbqh

Darius McCrary
05-24-2016, 08:26 PM
as a UT alumn i say fuck the one and done from out of state. Couldn't get us past 16.

That was on that piece of human trash garbage mothafucka Rick Barnes.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 08:42 PM
*shook*

StrengthAndHonor
05-24-2016, 09:13 PM
bum, I think they're easily rattled. cavs show them up last year and you can easily see them lose composure when the going gets tough.

I have a condition though, westbrook must continue to play at his teams pace and not the other way around.

if there's any other team that can come back from a 3-1 deficit (assuming tonight is a loss) its golden state but from my own eye test, okc appears to have regulated those bay area folks.

:wow Props

TampaDude
05-24-2016, 09:39 PM

Donovan is a winner, pure and simple. OKC = 2016 NBA Champions.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 09:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce0bdUGWEAAnU5d.jpg

today's nba lefty :lol

05-24-2016, 10:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce0bdUGWEAAnU5d.jpg

today's nba lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) :lol
:lol Today's 70+ wins teams

Capt Bringdown
05-24-2016, 10:39 PM

Well, fuck you then. Durant's jersey was retired by The University. That should be good enough for any UT fan.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2016, 11:22 PM
:wow Props

just shock at how well Durant played D tonight,

these Bay Area dudes are done...and don't let game 5 fool y'all:lol

DMC
05-24-2016, 11:26 PM
Warriors will rebound in game 5. Might not be enough, but they will.

AlexJones
05-24-2016, 11:27 PM
Little correlation but heard the same thing after OKC's game 5 win in SA, 2012.

HankChinaski
05-24-2016, 11:58 PM
Thunder have shown some tremendous mental fortitude especially in the 3rd Qtr tonight when Warriors made that run and brought it within 6-8pts. Warrior fans were probably thinking the game was going to be over at the start of the 4th. Thunders hung in there and kept hitting some Bigs shots and flying all over the place. That was an amazing performance by the thunder. Getting Waiters, Roberson, and the supporting cast doing what they are doing they win out the series.

I had doubts they would get that continued play from their bench players but they are all gelling at the right time in the playoffs now.