PDA

View Full Version : Should the Spurs consider targeting Joakim Noah this offseason?

jdiggy0424
05-25-2016, 01:25 PM
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/joakim-noah-has-told-teammates-hes-done-with-the-bulls/

A little early to be discussing this, but I've read rumors that Noah is reportedly done with Chicago and wants a change of scenery. Considering how difficult it was for the Spurs to defend the P & R (along with Duncan looking somewhat over-the-hill in the series), should the Spurs target Noah this upcoming offseason and potentially move Duncan to a bench role?

RD2191
05-25-2016, 01:26 PM
Fuck Noah. Why would any fan want him on the Spurs?

jdiggy0424
05-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Brings the same enforcer type role West has, he's an emotional player, something the Spurs lack, a legit 7 footer who can guard the P&R and switch at times on 3-5's maybe even 2's and brings the defensive intensity while leaning on Duncan to mentor him as well. He can also pass the ball and bring the ball up the floor at times.

i just think it's food for thought that's all. The Spurs need a big man, and if he's available for cheap why not offer?

Keepin' it real
05-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Why would he be available for cheap?

jdiggy0424
05-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Why would he be available for cheap?

Noah's coming off an injury that kept him out most of the season, so their will be question marks on whether or not he will contribute at the same level he was prior to.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Can he box out Adams ?

jdiggy0424
05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Can he box out Adams ?

if he plays to his full potential, which I feel would be possible under Pops tutelage, then yes lol

peacemaker885
05-25-2016, 01:42 PM
Good target IMO but definitely not cheap. We may be better starting Boban, Timmy as backup and upgrading the bench.

cjw
05-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Noah will space the floor nicely. Not.

SpurPadre
05-25-2016, 01:43 PM
First there was an old man fetish here, now all many here want to get are a bunch of gimps, smh.

objective
05-25-2016, 01:44 PM
No strong desire for him, he's finished too.

His best game this year before getting hurt again? Against David West in one of SA's Pop-losses, which are games that were easily winnable with simple substitutions but that Pop lost by being stubborn and playing his little favorites.

Noah is also one of those fake team first guys, who is supposed to be all about winning but really pouts and tends to quit if he doesn't get his way and starts.

DarrinS
05-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Chip Engelland can't fix this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBVN8xTCZ0

jdiggy0424
05-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Noah will space the floor nicely. Not.

Aldridge, Danny and Kawhi already space the floor well enough to where you can afford to have a bruiser in the paint and not completely hinder the offense. I realize Green had an off year, but his shot was falling when it mattered most (Game 5)

dabom
05-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Chip Engelland can't fix this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBVN8xTCZ0

:lmao

NameLess Scrub
05-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Isn't Noah done and/or too injury prone at this point?

The Chicago Injuries, tbh.

lmbebo
05-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Not opposed to him at the right price.

DJR210
05-25-2016, 02:11 PM
:lol at the old "enforcer role" argument.. Like the Spurs are ever going to give the green light to go and enforce some discipline on someone.. Look at that fake tough guy David West, how did that go?

Maddog
05-25-2016, 02:14 PM
I think he definitely deserves a look and talk. Along with a thorough review of his medical records. The Spurs are going to have to be creative and lucky this off season.
He just turned 31.
~ 19K minutes total in his career. For comparisons, David West has 30K

Spur|n|Austin
05-25-2016, 02:25 PM
His time as a starter has passed, I wouldn't be opposed to him as a spark off the bench - for the right price of course.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 02:25 PM
I think he definitely deserves a look and talk. Along with a thorough review of his medical records. The Spurs are going to have to be creative and lucky this off season.
He just turned 31.
~ 19K minutes total in his career. For comparisons, David West has 30K

If he's relatively healthy & can be had for a reasonable price then it should be fine but he was no better than Tim at finishing at the rim last season b/c of his knee & lack of confidence.:lol

Defensively/rebounding wise he was still one of the best bigs last season.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 02:27 PM
His time as a starter has passed, I wouldn't be opposed to him as a spark off the bench - for the right price of course.

He wants no part of coming off the bench, that's one of the reasons he wants out of Chicago. He will probably end up on the Blazers who need a big that can make plays since teams trap Lillard ala Curry.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Can he box out Adams ?

g9rI8gQFVHc

tbdog
05-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Defiantly. I love Noah. The guy just works. And this is what the team needs. He has great hands and is a great passer (3.8 apg in avg 20mins playing time). He would work in nearly any system in the game. He doesn't need plays called for him, works hard on the pick n roll defense, and just battles. He had an awful year this year. Play like 30 games, shot under 40% for a big man (that is beyond terrible). So he can be bought for a small 3 year contract.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Defiantly. I love Noah. The guy just works. And this is what the team needs. He has great hands and is a great passer (3.8 apg in avg 20mins playing time). He would work in nearly any system in the game. He doesn't need plays called for him, works hard on the pick n roll defense, and just battles. He had an awful year this year. Play like 30 games, shot under 40% for a big man (that is beyond terrible). So he can be bought for a small 3 year contract.

He AIN'T signing a "small" 3 year contract.:lol (He might sign for one year then cash in next season)

tbdog
05-25-2016, 02:46 PM
He AIN'T signing a "small" 3 year contract.:lol (He might sign for one year then cash in next season)

Then I will take that. But I think he wouldn't mind some long term commitment.

Chinook
05-25-2016, 02:51 PM
Noah sucks. Unless he's pulling a West, nope.

elemento
05-25-2016, 02:58 PM
If healthy, I like him. Tough, good passer, great defensive player (especially help defense), very good rebounder.

The question is :

1 - He is 31 y/o in the downside of his career. How much does he have left? How much does he want ?

Honestly, I don't see him signing for less than 15/year and he probably wants a full 4-year contract. For a guy that has played only 29 games last season, it's a risky move no doubt.

hater
05-25-2016, 03:00 PM
I like him. But it would be frustrating seeing him bullshit his way up and down the court and produce very little. I do think he brings things Tim Duncan used to and unlike 16 Duncan, he can make a lay up.

He'd be a huge upgrade over Duncan IMO. I actually would prefer Gasol or taj Gibson

dbestpro
05-25-2016, 03:23 PM
His passion and emotion could help when the Spurs need to pick it up a notch.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 03:37 PM
I do think he brings things Tim Duncan used to and unlike 16 Duncan, he can make a lay up.

:lmao: https://vine.co/v/eZewDL26TDZ

He'd be a huge upgrade over Duncan IMO. I actually would prefer Gasol or taj Gibson

As Noah fell, so did the Bulls. So disastrous was his 2014-15 season, he would register less total points scored (485) than his rookie season (488). Guarding more power forwards than ever before, his storied defensive ability had also fallen away. Moving from center to the four spot in order to integrate the slow and aging Gasol, no longer would his lateral quickness be a staple in the pick-and-roll defense. If that weren’t enough, his playoff performance would be worse than his regular season play. On the big stage, once again matched up against James and his cronies, the Cavaliers would expose the center's inability to efficiently score the basketball, often leaving him unguarded and forcing the Bulls into an inadvertent 4 on 5 scenario. With no one guarding him and more room to operate with, Noah simply couldn't get it done. His already terrible regular season true-shooting percentage (48.4%) would significantly fall (40.7%) in the post-season.

So much had changed. No longer would Noah be viewed as one of the most versatile and terrific defenders in the league. Instead, his name would quickly carry a stigma which would have supporters shouting "trade him now!".

cd021
05-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Have not watched in play in a while but remember him as a monster on the offensive glass. Him as a starter probably would not be ideal but as a backup big in a 20-25 minute role could be nice. Worried about his price tag. Someone will talk themselves into giving him a short term deal worth around $14M. Think I would rather buy low on Hibbert and have him next to LMA for 25 mpg

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Have not watched in play in a while but remember him as a monster on the offensive glass. Him as a starter probably would not be ideal but as a backup big in a 20-25 minute role could be nice. Worried about his price tag. Someone will talk themselves into giving him a short term deal worth around $14M. Think I would rather buy low on Hibbert and have him next to LMA for 25 mpg

Hibbert starting AND playing 25 minutes in 2016.:lmao

SequSpur
05-25-2016, 03:49 PM
wtf is this? another drawing straws topic? Spurs are foolsgold.

UZER
05-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Isn't Noah done and/or too injury prone at this point?

The Chicago Injuries, tbh.

Pop will make sure he only plays 12-15 min a game so he's fresh for the playoffs!

05-25-2016, 04:17 PM
People might think it's a good time to buy low on Noah but he can probably still get $15+ million on the open market. With the new cap, it might not be so bad and a decent risk. Noah has declined tremendously in the past two years and even lost his starting job before getting injured. Still, at 31, he might have a few good years left in him if he properly recovers from his injuries during the offseason. If he ever regains even 80% of what he was in his prime, he would be a great fit next to Aldridge.

I would pass. Spurs should try to get younger, not lock up cap space gambling on aging has-beens. If Spurs want to gamble, at least do it on a younger player.

MaNu4Tres
05-25-2016, 04:18 PM
People might think it's a good time to buy low on Noah but he can probably still get $15+ million on the open market. With the new cap, it might not be so bad and a decent risk. Noah has declined tremendously in the past two years and even lost his starting job before getting injured. Still, at 31, he might have a few good years left in him if he properly recovers from his injuries during the offseason. If he ever regains even 80% of what he was in his prime, he would be a great fit next to Aldridge.

I would pass. Spurs should try to get younger, not lock up cap space gambling on aging has-beens. If Spurs want to gamble, at least do it on a younger player.

Willing to bet Noah signs a 1 yr deal wherever he goes-- he had a terrible year and the cap is expected to spike even more next summer. Now wouldn't be a smart time to cash in for Noah.

hater
05-25-2016, 04:21 PM
:lmao: https://vine.co/v/eZewDL26TDZ

Healthy Noa >>> Duncan

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Healthy Noa >>> Duncan

Noah hasn't been the same since his knee injury back in 2014.

As far as finishing in the paint, 2016 Tim = 2016 Noah

Nbadan
05-25-2016, 04:30 PM
no...too risky....and some desperate GM will overpay...

hater
05-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Noah hasn't been the same since his knee injury back in 2014.

As far as finishing in the paint, 2016 Tim = 2016 Noah

No shit. He played like 15 games in 16.

Healthy noa >>> 16 Timmy

Chomag
05-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Not saying it should be this guy but spurs do definitely need a player that does the dirty work. Just look at the OKC front line and that guy on the Raptors. Spurs seriously lack that kind of player. The notion that every big man on the roster needs to also just shoot 3s is old and no longer effective with the decline of TDs roll in the offense.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 04:39 PM
No shit. He played like 15 games in 16.

Healthy noa >>> 16 Timmy

In that case, Tim w/ one shot knee > Healthy Noah

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Not saying it should be this guy but spurs do definitely need a player that does the dirty work. Just look at the OKC front line and that guy on the Raptors. Spurs seriously lack that kind of player. The notion that every big man on the roster needs to also just shoot 3s is old and no longer effective with the decline of TDs roll in the offense.

You have guys like Cole Aldrich/Mozgov who can do the dirty work for cheap & can actually finish in the paint unlike Noah.

Dump Diaw+D-Worst, sign Marvin Williams+Aldrich. If Tim retires, offer Pau the Room Exception.

TD 21
05-25-2016, 05:03 PM
You have guys like Cole Aldrich/Mozgov who can do the dirty work for cheap & can actually finish in the paint unlike Noah.

Dump Diaw+D-Worst, sign Marvin Williams+Aldrich. If Tim retires, offer Pau the Room Exception.

Lowe speculated recently that Williams could command 2/$30M. He's way out of the Spurs' price range.

I doubt they end up spending more than something like $10M on a specific free agent and they'll probably only go that high for Gasol.

People throwing around all these names that are going to be expensive, are going to be disappointed.

Even Noah, who they might have interest in, if there's a belief that he could regain at least something close to his previous form, probably ends up out of their price range.

I agree with those that say he'll sign a 2 year deal, with a player option after the 1st year, in order to attempt to re-prove himself and cash in next year for one final big deal.

SAGirl
05-25-2016, 05:19 PM
If he's betting on himself to have a come back season after rehabbing and thus will accept a one and one I would take him. We need bigs that have wheels, and he may have no wheels, thus I not crazy about him, but he's worth a gamble for one cheap season. If he wants to get paid, a role, etc probably no.

palangi
05-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Why not go younger with Plumlee?

Chillen
05-25-2016, 05:27 PM
He's an energy guy and would help the Spurs a bit but not for what he would be worth. Pau Gasol is a better fit imo Spurs need a big that can score consistently, and Noah at times can't even make a layup. Just a rebounder, defensive energy type of player. For cheap though he's worth it.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Lowe speculated recently that Williams could command 2/$30M. He's way out of the Spurs' price range.

He had an atrocious playoff series & the Hornets only have his Early Bird rights so they can only offer him 9mill per (120% raise, the max allowed with Early Bird Rights). The Hornets probably value him more than any team so that would take the main competitor out of the market if the Spurs offer him say 4yr/48.

His playoff struggles might work in the Spurs favor unlike Biyombo.:lol

Otherwise, hope Sean Marks will gift PATFO Thad Young for Diaw/Kyle/Simmons: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hapnu9h

f--EEqBxngE

There are guys like Solomon Hill, E'Twanu Moore & Vasquez who can the backup fill the wings for cheap if Kyle/Simmons are moved; Vasquez could fill in the Manu void. Then use the remaining cap space on a center & offer Pau the room exception.

TD 21
05-25-2016, 05:52 PM
He had an atrocious playoff series & the Hornets only have his Early Bird rights so they can only offer him 9mill per (120% raise, the max allowed with Early Bird Rights). The Hornets probably value him more than any team so that would take the main competitor out of the market if the Spurs offer him say 4yr/48.

His playoff struggles might work in the Spurs favor unlike Biyombo.:lol

Otherwise, hope Sean Marks will gift PATFO Thad Young for Diaw/Kyle.

f--EEqBxngE

I don't think his playoff struggles really matter. People often read too much into random blips, which was probably what this was, at an inopportune time.

Even if the Spurs could sign Williams for 4/48, that would mean Aldridge and him would be their top two bigs. As much as that would probably warm Chinook's and SAGirl's heart, they'd get destroyed on the defensive glass and at the rim.

The same thing would apply with Young, who'd probably require a 1st.

All Mighty Janitor
05-25-2016, 06:02 PM
I would like him here. He was forced to come off the bench, which he didn't want to do, and played out of position at the PF spot. He's a good passer and a talker on D. Hopefully his DPOY days are not fully behind him.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 06:02 PM
I don't think his playoff struggles really matter. People often read too much into random blips, which was probably what this was, at an inopportune time.

Even if the Spurs could sign Williams for 4/48, that would mean Aldridge and him would be their top two bigs. As much as that would probably warm Chinook's and SAGirl's heart, they'd get destroyed on the defensive glass and at the rim.

I suggested that they dump Diaw pick up Marvin AND also sign Cole Aldrich w/ the 19 mill cap space that would be created. Basically, start Aldrich & Aldridge then bring Marvin off the bench like Diaw. If Pau agrees to sign for the Room Exception on the condition that he starts then give him the Tiago treatment & play him 20-24 minutes then close the game w/ Marvin.

That's why I qualified my statement by saying "if Sean Marks gifted"; maybe Kyle might be an intriguing prospect for a young team & he's from the tri-state area.

Spurs9
05-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Depends on the price

TD 21
05-25-2016, 06:09 PM
I suggested that they dump Diaw pick up Marvin AND also sign Cole Aldrich w/ the 19 mill cap space that would be created. Basically, start Aldrich & Aldridge then bring Marvin off the bench like Diaw. If Pau agrees to sign for the Room Exception on the condition that he starts then give him the Tiago treatment & play him 20-24 minutes then close the game w/ Marvin.

Not enough minutes to satisfy Gasol and Williams nor to justify what they'd have to spend. Also, no way an ego like Gasol agrees to come off the bench and probably rarely finish games too.

This would also leave virtually no means with which to upgrade the back court.

Kawhitstorm
05-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Not enough minutes to satisfy Gasol and Williams nor to justify what they'd have to spend. Also, no way an ego like Gasol agrees to come off the bench and probably rarely finish games too.

This would also leave virtually no means with which to upgrade the back court.

Unless Porker is moved, it's going to be impossible to upgrade BOTH the backcourt/frontcourt but the frontcourt is the main priority considering that Tim/Diaw/West/Boban/Boban are essentially no longer rotation players against LEGIT frontcourts. The team needs a center & a small-ball 4 to compete w/ the likes of OKC/GSW/Cavs.

PATFO can shipout Patty/Simmons for Darren Collison who can actually create his own shots & penetrate. If the Spurs had someone like Aldrich & Collison they would have beaten OKC but would have needed someone like Marvin to compete against GSW. (Troy Daniels can be picked up to play the Gary Neal role)

610kb3F2DLw

mV71KcOF3xM

poeticism707
05-25-2016, 07:38 PM
No.

tholdren
05-25-2016, 07:47 PM
no - he can't score. how would he help in the playoffs when kl and lma brick jumpers all series?

turkish spurs fan
05-25-2016, 08:20 PM
bring back richard jefferson.

Snaq O'Meal
05-25-2016, 08:45 PM
g9rI8gQFVHc

Gasol is fucking good. High BBIQ, excellent passer and scorer from midrange to low post. And simply too big for Anus Cancer to handle.

objective
05-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Marvin Williams is a contract year FRAUD. He's a sham and the team that gives him a lot of money and depends on him will suffer.

Hibbert is also terrible. Imagine the poor pick and roll defense of Boban but without the passing, finishing, efficiency, rebounding or low-maintenance ego.

cd98
05-25-2016, 09:02 PM
He's like 32 so he won't be the same athlete you remember and coming off a season ending injury. If there is a bargain to be had, Spurs will kick it around. But my guess is his asking price will be too high.

cd021
05-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Hibbert starting AND playing 25 minutes in 2016.:lmao

If Duncan retires, the Spurs do not have many options to replace him without using up all of their cap space. Both had disappointing years but Hibbert is still an elite rim protector. Noah is better but has a long injury history teams are going to be chasing him because they think that they can get him on a good deal and hope he outperforms the contract. Zach Lowe mentioned that he believes that Hibbert's salary next year would be around $10 million. I think a team will give Noah 14-16 million per on a short team deal

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2016, 12:03 AM
I'd like the move. Good P&R defender, rebounder, passer, and he's actually decent at defending guards when he's isolated :tu ... He's also a guy that pumps the crowd up, and the AT&T Center needs as much of it as possible.

Wow, there's actually people worried about his jumper and how he doesn't space the floor, lol. Timmy hasn't been able to hit a shot consistently since 2013, and the Warriors are getting their shit pushed it by Steven Adams who's Joakim Lite :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Fucking Spurstalk :lol

Dont want Gasol, Noah, & Howard.... But want Aldrich, Hibbert, Plumlee, and Biyombo

:cry built not bought :cry fans rofl

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Kawhitstorm is willing to pay Marvin Williams 12M/per :lmao

Because he's the missing piece to a championship, right? Thank god none of you are GM's

midnightpulp
05-26-2016, 01:17 AM
2014 Noah would be a perfect fit, but he doesn't seem like the same player. He still rebounds like a motherfucker (8.8 rpg in 22 min), which is what this team needed against OKC, and as we're seeing, rebounding is what is killing the Warriors right now, but he only played 29 games. Don't know if he could stay healthy.

We might have to gamble, though. Pre-my-right-knee-is-still-fine Tim Duncan is not walking through that door. Gasol is another intriguing choice, but he's 35.

And of course, we still need to find that athletic penetrator.

I'm willing to gamble. Noah + hopefully Clarkson would be a nice off-season. We can't sit around waiting for the "perfect fit at the perfect price," and waste LMA's last 2 or 3 seasons as an all-star level player and 2 or 3 more seasons of Kawhi's prime.

palangi
05-26-2016, 01:19 AM
Plumlee and clarkson would be even better. Younger and more athletic.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2016, 01:21 AM
2014 Noah would be a perfect fit, but he doesn't seem like the same player. He still rebounds like a motherfucker (8.8 rpg in 22 min), which is what this team needed against OKC, and as we're seeing, rebounding is what is killing the Warriors right now, but he only played 29 games. Don't know if he could stay healthy.

We might have to gamble, though. Pre-my-right-knee-is-still-fine Tim Duncan is not walking through that door. Gasol is another intriguing choice, but he's 35.

And of course, we still need to find that athletic penetrator.

I'm willing to gamble. Noah + hopefully Clarkson would be a nice off-season. We can't sit around waiting for the "perfect fit at the perfect price," and waste LMA's last 2 or 3 seasons as an all-star level player and 2 or 3 more seasons of Kawhi's prime.
healthy Noah > 16' Duncan
Clarkson >>>>> prime Manu

Would be the perfect offseason, IMO

ElNono
05-26-2016, 01:45 AM
hell no. besides of being a gigantic douchebag he's damaged goods.

cascaders
05-26-2016, 02:08 AM
helll no OP. fuck that guy. Noah is right there at the top of my most hated nba players list.

SD126
05-26-2016, 02:35 AM
Uh....no

Kawhitstorm
05-26-2016, 04:17 AM
If Duncan retires, the Spurs do not have many options to replace him without using up all of their cap space. Both had disappointing years but Hibbert is still an elite rim protector. Noah is better but has a long injury history teams are going to be chasing him because they think that they can get him on a good deal and hope he outperforms the contract. Zach Lowe mentioned that he believes that Hibbert's salary next year would be around $10 million. I think a team will give Noah 14-16 million per on a short team deal

Hibbert would be lucky to STILL be in the league, let alone fetching 10 millions which is basically double the MLE.:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-26-2016, 04:22 AM
More washed up:Noah > 16' Duncan
Points given up per possession: Cockson >>>>> Washed up Turnobili

FIFY

Keepin' it real
05-26-2016, 05:24 AM
helll no OP. fuck that guy. Noah is right there at the top of my most hated nba players list.

Of course the Spurs should make roster decisions based on who you like.

:lol

Slippy
05-26-2016, 05:39 AM
Ya like others , my biggest concern is this guy past it or done because of injuries.

SpurS need key role players that are younger.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Noah sucks. Can't spread the floor, hit free throws, or finish consistently at the rim. Used to be a heck of an offensive rebounder but it seems like that has declined with his game as well. Don't want.

Russo21
05-26-2016, 09:29 AM
He's also a guy that pumps the crowd up, and the AT&T Center needs as much of it as possible.

100% agreed there, his passion can get the crowd pumped up like few others. He's been doing that since his days in Florida where the Gator fans went nuts all game every game. Watching the OKC series I think we all noticed the AT&T crowd were a bunch of deadshits and he would definitely help with that. Very passionate, energetic and doesn't need shots. He'd be great next to LMA in the middle.

He's the kind of player where if he is not on your team, then you hate him. Thus explaining the negativity about him in this thread. We don't really have one of those guys at the moment and could really do with one. Excited to see which direction the Spurs take this offseason.

SPURt
05-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Maybe Matt Bonner can use his Florida ties and that sweet sandwich mouth to bring in Noah on an affordable deal

look_at_g_shred
05-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Ya like others , my biggest concern is this guy past it or done because of injuries.

SpurS need key role players that are younger.

jdiggy0424
05-26-2016, 10:22 AM
After thinking about it for most of the day yesterday and reading all of the posts, I've came to the conclusion that the Spurs really have nothing to lose by offering Noah a 1 year deal and could very well be in a low risk high reward scenario (maybe 1+1 player option, which depending on his play he could opt out of and potentially command more).

Yes there are question marks regarding his health and yes the dude cannot shoot beyond 10ft, but if healthy (and that's a BIG IF), he's one of the best passing/rebounding big men in the game. His positives definitely outweigh his negatives and at the end of the day the only person right now that replace Duncan defensively (somewhat, which speaks volumes about the Spurs lack of big man depth) is Aldridge, and we need Aldridge to focus more on being a scorer and weak side help defender rather than the defensive stopper.

To those in the forum that are complaining about his inability to hit the midrange, that's the last thing I want him doing. I want a guy that'll dive for the loose ball even though were up by 10+. I want a guy to get dirty and commit the hard foul when Westbrook drives the lane. I want the guy that notices Kawhi is getting after it on defense and kicks it up a notch defensively to inspire the team and hyping up the AT&T center simultaneously.

I could go on and on about what I want but to put it simply, I want some NASTY.

And I feel that the Spurs have the most to offer more than any team in the NBA during this years free agency. So if he's willing to bet on himself and test the market, maybe the Spurs should consider taking a closer look on what Noah could bring to the team.

tbdog
05-26-2016, 10:57 AM
^ Exactly. He isn't a guy that wants touches. He just plays damn hard, and would fit in most teams. He has had a bad season last year. Mills had a bad one last year too. It takes time. You just hope the damage isn't done and it is more of a stamina/mental thing.

EDIT* Noah had a bad season this* year, while Mills had a bad one last year after his injury recovery.

bklynspursfan
05-26-2016, 11:08 AM

:wow :huh

Did you watch prime Manu play?

rjv
05-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Fucking Spurstalk :lol

Dont want Gasol, Noah, & Howard.... But want Aldrich, Hibbert, Plumlee, and Biyombo

:cry built not bought :cry fans rofl

i always said ST is the worst fake front office in the league.

Emperor
05-26-2016, 12:31 PM
:wow :huh

Did you watch prime Manu play?

He must not have. No way anyone in their right mind would say that.

look_at_g_shred
05-26-2016, 03:10 PM

Nah dude not even close c'mon now

Keepin' it real
05-26-2016, 03:34 PM
He can't even remotely guard the 1-5 pick and roll.

http://memedad.com/memes/651101.jpg

Kawhitstorm
05-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Noah sucks. Can't spread the floor, hit free throws, or finish consistently at the rim. Used to be a heck of an offensive rebounder but it seems like that has declined with his game as well. Don't want.

He also has the GayMond bully mentality where he folds if he gets punched in the mouth.:lol

TD 21
05-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Unless Porker is moved, it's going to be impossible to upgrade BOTH the backcourt/frontcourt but the frontcourt is the main priority considering that Tim/Diaw/West/Boban/Boban are essentially no longer rotation players against LEGIT frontcourts. The team needs a center & a small-ball 4 to compete w/ the likes of OKC/GSW/Cavs.

PATFO can shipout Patty/Simmons for Darren Collison who can actually create his own shots & penetrate. If the Spurs had someone like Aldrich & Collison they would have beaten OKC but would have needed someone like Marvin to compete against GSW. (Troy Daniels can be picked up to play the Gary Neal role)

610kb3F2DLw

mV71KcOF3xM

Upgrade or not, they still need a starting center and sixth man/third guard. Stretch four is more of a need than small ball four.

Not a bad idea. The only problem with Collison, is he's pint sized and can't guard the physically overwhelming/dynamic point guards. Otherwise, he checks every box: Strikes me as a Spur, is affordable, in his prime, legit point guard, solid shooter, good enough to push Parker, sometimes close and play starters minutes when Parker is rested/injured, but not good enough to gripe about generally being a 20 mpg backup.

Temple would probably pair well with him, but Green/Temple would be an offensively limited shooting guard duo.

T Park
05-26-2016, 04:46 PM
First there was an old man fetish here, now all many here want to get are a bunch of gimps, smh.

Another basement dweller who always bitches, but when pushed, couldn't give you a single name of a player he wants.

random21
05-26-2016, 05:50 PM
I'd like the move. Good P&R defender, rebounder, passer, and he's actually decent at defending guards when he's isolated :tu ... He's also a guy that pumps the crowd up, and the AT&T Center needs as much of it as possible.

Wow, there's actually people worried about his jumper and how he doesn't space the floor, lol. Timmy hasn't been able to hit a shot consistently since 2013, and the Warriors are getting their shit pushed it by Steven Adams who's Joakim Lite :lol

Agree 100%....
Fuckin barn needs somebody to get those fat asses up and somebody needs to light a fire under their ass when they are playing soft...

Kawhitstorm
05-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Not a bad idea. The only problem with Collison, is he's pint sized and can't guard the physically overwhelming/dynamic point guards. Otherwise, he checks every box: Strikes me as a Spur, is affordable, in his prime, legit point guard, solid shooter, good enough to push Parker, sometimes close and play starters minutes when Parker is rested/injured, but not good enough to gripe about generally being a 20 mpg backup.

I brought up Collison as an upgrade over Fatty Mills. He would be fine playing against backups despite his turnstile defense ala Jamal Crawford.:lol

Porker is going to Porker in the starting lineup until he's euthanized.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-26-2016, 10:56 PM
Noah for the right price might work beautifully as he could concentrate on defence and passing playing next to LMA. Big red flags though - age 31, injury prone. You wouldn't want to spend more than about 3/30 for him, and someone else is likely to offer more.

Hoops Czar
05-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Noah for the right price might work beautifully as he could concentrate on defence and passing playing next to LMA. Big red flags though - age 31, injury prone. You wouldn't want to spend more than about 3/30 for him, and someone else is likely to offer more.

Posters said the same thing about David West. Spend $10M/year on Noah and you might as well just flush your money down the toilet.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Posters said the same thing about David West. Spend $10M/year on Noah and you might as well just flush your money down the toilet.

West never made much sense to me because he duplicated LMA (mid-range shooter, average on boards, no rim protection). We needed a defender and rebounder as the 3rd-4th big, not an offensive guy who used to be tough but is over the hill.

Noah actually compliments LMA - doesn't demand the ball, great passer, can be an excellent defender and rebounder (depends whether his injuries have slowed him too much though).

Sign him to 3/30 with team option in 3rd year and suddenly you have 2 expirings in 2017 that add up to ~25mil. See the play now?

spurtech09
05-27-2016, 01:20 AM
I like his hustle...he would be pretty good coming off the bench.....only thing he is not a good free throw shooter.....

TD 21
05-27-2016, 04:17 PM
I brought up Collison as an upgrade over Fatty Mills. He would be fine playing against backups despite his turnstile defense ala Jamal Crawford.:lol

Porker is going to Porker in the starting lineup until he's euthanized.

I know, but with the offensive responsibility Leonard now has and no obvious path to somewhat alleviating that in the short term, they can't have him defending one of Durant/Westbrook for 40 mpg in a series and the alternatives to the latter, can't be Parker/Collison.

Kawhitstorm
05-27-2016, 04:38 PM
I know, but with the offensive responsibility Leonard now has and no obvious path to somewhat alleviating that in the short term, they can't have him defending one of Durant/Westbrook for 40 mpg in a series and the alternatives to the latter, can't be Parker/Collison.

Conley is the only available PG that stands a chance against WestBrick but he would require a MAX, Teague is no better than Collison.

I already suggested PATFO draft an NBA ready defensive minded PG to play the CoJo role: Gary Payton II & Brogdon are the two best candidates. GP II probably would have the best chance (Brogdon would be athletically overwhelmed ala Danny) against WestBrick but his jumper is broken.:lol (Roberson gives me hope )

ace3g
06-05-2016, 04:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/458870688653135872/CB0XkDzH_bigger.png Sportando Verified account ‏@Sportando (https://twitter.com/Sportando)

Timberwolves reportedly interested in Joakim Noah

Per Sporting News, (http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/list/tom-thibodeau-joakim-noah-jeff-hornacek-brandon-knight-mike-dantoni-jeremy-lin/lh3i43pk4vi81i3msynloklq1/slide/8) League sources tell Sporting News that Thibodeau has targeted Joakim Noah, who is an unrestricted free agent and has interest in leaving Chicago and re-joining Thibodeau. When they were together in Chicago, Noah developed and thrived under Thibodeau, finishing fourth in the MVP voting in 2013-14.

TD 21
06-05-2016, 04:55 PM
If true, I don't get it. Thibodeau supposedly wanted Dieng. Now he has him and he provides a lot of what Noah did and might still do.

In addition, Towns is more of a center than a power forward and they're probably stuck with Pekovic.

spursistan
06-05-2016, 04:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/458870688653135872/CB0XkDzH_bigger.png Sportando Verified account ‏@Sportando (https://twitter.com/Sportando)

Timberwolves reportedly interested in Joakim Noah

I have weird feeling Thibs is going to mess up that team with his co-GM powers :lol

DPG21920
06-05-2016, 05:06 PM

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Only one that noticed the jewel I left there, tbh

MaNu4Tres
06-05-2016, 06:35 PM
If true, I don't get it. Thibodeau supposedly wanted Dieng. Now he has him and he provides a lot of what Noah did and might still do.

In addition, Towns is more of a center than a power forward and they're probably stuck with Pekovic.

If they are "indeed" interested in Noah, I'd imagine they try to extract good value for Dieng in a trade while he's in middle of rookie contract. Hard to imagine teams wanting to even look at Pek after he fell off the Grand Canyon.

Kawhitstorm
06-05-2016, 08:40 PM

Noah was Thibs favorite player & even if he can't play more than 30 minutes, Thibs probably values his leadership skills for such a young team. Unlike Dieng, Noah also enables them to run dribble handoffs, play high-low & find cutters, which is something they could exploit since they have athletes on the team. (Towns can play on the perimeter so spacing shouldn't be a major issue)

As far as Pek, they just have to buy him out b/c his contract is untradable. (They should probably keep Dieng to play backup considering Noah's health issues)

mo7888
06-06-2016, 09:44 AM
I have weird feeling Thibs is going to mess up that team with his co-GM powers :lol

I think you have have to question TomT as a GM if he goes this route. He's new to the role and if he goes this route he may be susceptible to a bad trade or two and buy in on a veteran whose past his prime. He might very well value someone for what they used to be instead of what they are now. I'd be calling about a TP trade asap just to gauge his gullibility...