PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Bay area peeps, how is this sports journalist doing?

Fabbs
05-25-2016, 07:53 PM
By Bruce Jenkins of SFGate
Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Meddling Joe Lacob to blame for firing of Mark Jackson

A lot of words come to mind in the wake of Mark Jackson's firing, but this one says it best: pathetic.

Pathetic that what happened on the basketball floor mattered so little to Warriors' management.

Pathetic that virtually every wise person on the national NBA scene defended Jackson - but no, Lacob and Bob Myers knew better.

And it's a little bit pathetic, as well, that Jackson's ego became such an overriding irritant within the Warriors' organization. Behind that calm, ever-so-spiritual facade, Jackson's defensiveness and insecurity eventually brought him down.

I'll forever remember Jackson as a man standing off to himself during many timeouts while his assistants furiously mapped out strategy. I'll remember times when the Warriors' substitution patterns, isolation-oriented offense and lackluster home performances didn't speak so well for the head coach. Venturing into the catty world of office politics, I tried to figure out how Jackson could have valued two assistant coaches he eventually discovered to be his enemies.

Still, I'm going to dismiss all that. Let us all bow down to Lacob, all-knowing genius of the game. Let's congratulate him for, once again, being the face of the franchise. And let's use that word again: pathetic.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/jenkins/article/Meddling-Joe-Lacob-to-blame-for-firing-of-Mark-5458279.php

^^ he rambles on even further....

Fabbs
05-25-2016, 07:54 PM
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mddcd032779bbc20c4568acf3b4b03e25o0&w=299&h=206&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

DMC
05-25-2016, 08:13 PM
1. Fabbs: Everything this guy says is so out in left field as to make you scratch your head and wonder which forum he's actually reading. He always has to respond to himself with some image or something just to get replies. I have no idea what's going on there. Seems to spend his life on tabloid websites and thinks someone here might want to know some odd factoid about Justin Beiber. It's likely not a shtick.

Thread
05-25-2016, 08:16 PM
1. Fabbs: Everything this guy says is so out in left field as to make you scratch your head and wonder which forum he's actually reading. He always has to respond to himself with some image or something just to get replies. I have no idea what's going on there. Seems to spend his life on tabloid websites and thinks someone here might want to know some odd factoid about Justin Beiber. It's likely not a shtick.

You're already in Stamps doghouse. You want to end up in Fabbs on weekends?

Fabbs
05-25-2016, 08:26 PM
^^ Thread, he already got ethered for this on his lame Fail thread..
Doesn't know when to stop. :lol

DMC
05-25-2016, 08:29 PM
You're already in Stamps doghouse. You want to end up in Fabbs on weekends?
You just worry about coughing up 500 dollars old man. You ain't getting out of it except to welch.

05-25-2016, 08:51 PM

:lol