PDA

View Full Version : Moves I'd make if I were in spurs management.

Vito Corleone
05-26-2016, 12:38 AM
Based on the premis that Tim Duncan and Manu are going to retire.

1. Make sure I bring back the following players. Simmons, Anderson, Mills, and Marjanovic. They will keep our bench productive.

2. Create enough cap space to go after Hassan Whiteside. He is young, and a player that can be very effective without the basketball, he would also be the perfect compliment to LaMarcus and Kawhi. Second choice is Ian Mahinmi Very similar player to Whiteside but at about half the cost.

3. I'd draft the best available player but specifically look at PG or 2 guard as my top priority.

4. I would NOT bring back the following players: Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner, David West, Andre Miller, and Kevin Martin. Time to move on from these old dudes and bring in some new blood.

I would quietly shop Parker around, if I had a taker I'd do it unless it was taking back a worse contract. If I don't find the right deal, it is no big deal to keep him and try again near the trade deadline. He still has a little bit left in him, but his expiring contract is very valuable to many teams.

This team needs a little more re-tooling and it will be ready to win championships again.

TheGreatYacht
05-26-2016, 01:01 AM
1. Make sure I bring back the following players. Simmons, Anderson, Mills, and Marjanovic. They will keep our bench productive.

:flipoff:pctoss:drunk:hang:yield:vomit::nutkick::v iolin:spless::pimpslap

Chinook
05-26-2016, 01:07 AM
That plan is at least slightly unrealistic. It would rely on the cap being near $96 Million to all fit together unless Parker is moved.

Keepin' it real
05-26-2016, 05:20 AM
Ever grateful that you're not in Spurs management.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 05:36 AM
I'd trade Turnrique for a 2nd rounder straight up at this point

Kikoluna
05-26-2016, 06:27 AM
:flipoff:pctoss:drunk:hang:yield:vomit::nutkick::v iolin:spless::pimpslap
You beat me to it man. :bobo

MultiTroll
05-26-2016, 09:41 AM
I would quietly shop Parker around, if I had a taker I'd do it unless it was taking back a worse contract. If I don't find the right deal, it is no big deal to keep him and try again near the trade deadline. He still has a little bit left in him, but his expiring contract is very valuable to many teams.
Porkers contract does not expire this upcoming season.
Signed thru '17-18 :depressed

Dre_7
05-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Kyle Anderson is a good young player entering his 3rd season. You are fools to think he sucks. :lol

DJR210
05-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Kyle Anderson is a good young player entering his 3rd season. You are fools to think he sucks. :lol

Should change his name to James

afireinside20
05-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Kyle Andershit sucks, let him go

Spurs9
05-26-2016, 01:23 PM
:wow Anderson? I think I'd rather have James Anderson tb:lol

Robz4000
05-26-2016, 01:37 PM
You should post a pic of the moves you'd make tbh.

Obstructed_View
05-26-2016, 02:38 PM

2. Create enough cap space to go after Hassan Whiteside. He is young, and a player that can be very effective without the basketball, he would also be the perfect compliment to LaMarcus and Kawhi. Second choice is Ian Mahinmi Very similar player to Whiteside but at about half the cost.

3. I'd draft the best available player but specifically look at PG or 2 guard as my top priority.

4. I would NOT bring back the following players: Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner, David West, Andre Miller, and Kevin Martin. Time to move on from these old dudes and bring in some new blood.

This team needs a little more re-tooling and it will be ready to win championships again.

If the goal is to draft someone who can contribute, then shopping Parker needs to be done prior to the draft, which means it probably won't be quiet.

cd98
05-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Anderson is slow, but the way the league is going 6'9 small forwards/power forwards are all the rage. My guess is we draft and pick up as much of those guys as their length helps them guard smaller, faster players and if they can learn to shoot the corner three, then they can spread the court. Anderson, flaws and all, has value if he can shoot 30% from three. He's incredibly slow, but useful when he can get switches to post up guards and when he can play the four and shoot threes.

SAGirl
05-26-2016, 05:21 PM
^^^ I agree with your moves though I haven't seen Whiteside vs Mahinmi enough. But I get your point on us needing a rim protector to move on from Tim. He should be young and able to rebound!!!! I liked Biyombo for his motor and energy. Anyways priority agreed upon, same as old players they need to let go.

tholdren
05-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Pull up the KA Draft Thread. Almost everyone here thought he was a "Manu replacement"

dbestpro
05-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Cat Barber can be the next Parker.

Snaq O'Meal
05-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Cat Barber can be the next Parker.

I prefer that Brogdon guy from Virginia who shut Barber down. And Brogdon is a decent playmaker too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2642613-2016-nba-draft-prospects-breaking-down-nba-future-of-virginias-malcolm-brogdon

Stabula
05-28-2016, 11:22 AM

lol apalisoc still posts with this shitty alt? Parker isn't the reason we lost, faggot.

K...
05-28-2016, 12:36 PM
lol apalisoc still posts with this shitty alt? Parker isn't the reason we lost, faggot.

Dont you dare talk to Andrew Hansen, the millennial Messiah like that!

Kawhitstorm
05-28-2016, 12:45 PM

Evita is being deployed on a mission to Brazil to take out Enrique.:wakeup #CIApop

cjw
05-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Two more years on Parker. Next year is a killer as it prevents Spurs from using cap space before the huge jump, but the following year is tenable if cap is $107 million (only 14% of it). Knowing how the Spurs treat their long timers, everyone here should work under the assumption that Parker will be an overpaid guy at his level of production, but still playable. Better than stretching him and having a $7.5 million hit for two years after his contract is up.

T Park
05-28-2016, 04:56 PM

agree with a lot of this but shopping Parker.

You don't shop a hall of fame best point guard in franchise history. You let him play out the contract, he's earned it.

That said, I don't think there's any room for a Mahinmi. That said, is he really going to help vs the Adams of the world?

Remember also jettisoning Boris. Your doing all this building, to beat a OKC team, who is the rarity, as opposed to the norm, which is everyone else playing small.

You can't overreact to just one team as opposed to the rest of the league. Jmo.

T Park
05-28-2016, 04:58 PM

He's a damn solid improving player that will work in the NBA as a small forward, decent three.

To get a decent to good player at 29 is again, a miracle. It's a coin flip on players 20 down.

kaji157
05-28-2016, 07:41 PM
If you can get to offload Parkerīs contract for nothing, say a 2nd and an exception, youīve got to do it, no matter what tim and manu do.
The reason is that while this season there are no great players to add, the Spurs will be in position to sign a big FA next year, and if they sign well this year they could have the deph in this market, and get the star in the next one.

I really donīt think there would be teams willing to give us an exception for parker other than maybe Utah.

tholdren
05-28-2016, 09:31 PM
1. Not go after doucherant

DMC
05-29-2016, 05:57 PM

Hmm..

1. Our bench shit the bed in the playoffs
2. lol
3. I'd look to sign a vet PG over trying to train one
4. I like David West
5. You can't shop Parker. SA fans won't have it.

This team won't be ready to win a ring again until they get some solid 3pt shooting and a PG with handles and court vision. He can be a good outside shooter but not required.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-29-2016, 07:17 PM

That is bad for business and so would letting West go. Players need to see that we will take care of them. The short term gain is going to be outweighed by the long term damage to the image of our front office for not treating the players right.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-29-2016, 07:19 PM
1. Not go after doucherant

I would take him in a heartbeat and we would win the title with him. He brings the much needed scoring to the table. Which would allow Kawhi to focus more on defense and not feel like he has to do it all.

SpursforSix
05-29-2016, 07:22 PM
That is bad for business and so would letting West go. Players need to see that we will take care of them. The short term gain is going to be outweighed by the long term damage to the image of our front office for not treating the players right.

No way. It's worse for business if the Spurs are known for sacrificing the team to stay loyal to players that are hurting the team and not making decisions based on making the team better.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-29-2016, 07:43 PM
No way. It's worse for business if the Spurs are known for sacrificing the team to stay loyal to players that are hurting the team and not making decisions based on making the team better.

NBA players like loyalty, you are looking at this from a fans perspective. Most players will look at Tony and go "Man, that guy is a future hall of famer and has helped deliver the Spurs 4 championships and they did him dirty by shipping him off to Philly/Minnesota/wherever. Thats messed up man, I wouldnt want that to happen to me." The players will see we treated him right and want to come play for us. Keeping him dosnt really hurt us that badly with the cap rising.

SpursforSix
05-29-2016, 07:50 PM
NBA players like loyalty, you are looking at this from a fans perspective. Most players will look at Tony and go "Man, that guy is a future hall of famer and has helped deliver the Spurs 4 championships and they did him dirty by shipping him off to Philly/Minnesota/wherever. Thats messed up man, I wouldnt want that to happen to me." The players will see we treated him right and want to come play for us. Keeping him dosnt really hurt us that badly with the cap rising.

I don't agree. They'll be saying, "shit...them niggas gave $15,000,000 per year for a player past his prime. Where do I sign".

SpursforSix
05-29-2016, 07:51 PM
And it's not like Parker doesn't get every penny of that. Wherever he goes.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-29-2016, 07:54 PM
I don't agree. They'll be saying, "shit...them niggas gave $15,000,000 per year for a player past his prime. Where do I sign".

We gave it to him during his prime though.

Vito Corleone
05-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Parker played selfish and it cost us. I don't think he can handle not being the man on this team. He is no longer the PG he once was, but he doesn't accept that, he took how many shots in the 4th quarter of game 5? Parker is not the man to run this offense.

SpursforSix
05-29-2016, 11:11 PM
We gave it to him during his prime though.

Lol

Spurs 4 The Win
05-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Parker played selfish and it cost us. I don't think he can handle not being the man on this team. He is no longer the PG he once was, but he doesn't accept that, he took how many shots in the 4th quarter of game 5? Parker is not the man to run this offense.

That is why if we strike out with durant, we will go after Conley. Imo, we will be getting conley, parker will be our backup PG and Mills will move to shooting guard. Or we will trade Mills.

Dre_7
05-31-2016, 02:11 PM
Pull up the KA Draft Thread. Almost everyone here thought he was a "Manu replacement"

Because people are silly. Manu is a hall of famer. Those types of players are rare. Just because KA isn't Manu in his second year at age 22 does not mean he isn't a good player. Hell, Manu wasn't even in the NBA until 26. Anderson has progressed very well and has a lot of talent. He is a solid player. People here just love to hate.

DMC
05-31-2016, 05:58 PM
Because people are silly. Manu is a hall of famer. Those types of players are rare. Just because KA isn't Manu in his second year at age 22 does not mean he isn't a good player. Hell, Manu wasn't even in the NBA until 26. Anderson has progressed very well and has a lot of talent. He is a solid player. People here just love to hate.

The same logic you're applying says any player who's not a good player at 22 will be a HOFer.

Dre_7
06-01-2016, 10:26 AM
The same logic you're applying says any player who's not a good player at 22 will be a HOFer.

What??? No, not at all. How the hell did you get that? :lol :lol

All I am saying is here at ST if someone isn't an immediate super star, people say they suck. But I mean, a lot of people think Pop sucks, so I am not surprised.

DMC
06-01-2016, 04:58 PM
What??? No, not at all. How the hell did you get that? :lol :lol

All I am saying is here at ST if someone isn't an immediate super star, people say they suck. But I mean, a lot of people think Pop sucks, so I am not surprised.
That's true, but using exceptions to the rule doesn't invalidate the rule. If someone appears to suck, often it's because they suck.

AFMadison
06-02-2016, 03:02 AM
Assuming Duncan/Ginobili/Miller retire....

Draft Thon Maker
Pursue the hell out of Durant.
Trade Tony, Boris, and (Green, only if it's needed to acquire Durant).
If you can't get Durant, still trade Boris, Tony.
Dump Bonner
Grab Conley, and a big back up pg (MCW)
Pau is an option, or Biyombo.

Lots of options, basically listed some players I wanna see in a Spurs uniform.

TheDoctor
06-02-2016, 09:51 AM
RC about to max...

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/03/12/6359341238002401661367386784_anigif_enhanced-16803-1401312761-37.gif

Dre_7
06-02-2016, 09:57 AM
That's true, but using exceptions to the rule doesn't invalidate the rule. If someone appears to suck, often it's because they suck.

Agreed. But Kyle Anderson doesn't appear to suck. A lot of ST wants every Spur from Timmy to the last man off the bench to be HOF status it seems. That's not how it works. Kyle Anderson is a solid young player that has gotten better over time and is still 22. He is long, smart, and can pass the rock. His defense also has been solid. It would be foolish to let him go. The KA hate is just plain stupid.

DMC
06-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Agreed. But Kyle Anderson doesn't appear to suck. A lot of ST wants every Spur from Timmy to the last man off the bench to be HOF status it seems. That's not how it works. Kyle Anderson is a solid young player that has gotten better over time and is still 22. He is long, smart, and can pass the rock. His defense also has been solid. It would be foolish to let him go. The KA hate is just plain stupid.
The problem isn't Anderson. The problem is how Pop is using him. You cannot put a guy who's still figuring out into a situation where his failure is so obvious to everyone. Pop seems to get that with bigs like Boban but he sees things in people like Anderson and forces the issue. If they fizz he ditches them.

Dre_7
06-02-2016, 12:54 PM
The problem isn't Anderson. The problem is how Pop is using him. You cannot put a guy who's still figuring out into a situation where his failure is so obvious to everyone. Pop seems to get that with bigs like Boban but he sees things in people like Anderson and forces the issue. If they fizz he ditches them.

Other than the few times he had to guard a good big men, what failure of his is so obvious to everyone?

Brazil
06-02-2016, 03:10 PM

:lol He sucks

DMC
06-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Other than the few times he had to guard a good big men, what failure of his is so obvious to everyone?

Guarding good bigs plus he's a snail on a fast break. You can get nachos and back before he scores.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Dre_7
06-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Guarding good bigs plus he's a snail on a fast break. You can get nachos and back before he scores.

Yet he was still able to get the job done. He had quiet a few steals and one man medium break scores.

Also, I do not usually expect second year Small Forwards to be Wilt when guarding the leagues top bigs.

Dre_7
06-02-2016, 05:12 PM
:lol He sucks

:lol No he doesn't

Brazil
06-02-2016, 11:01 PM
:lol No he doesn't

Yes he does :lol dude is terrible

AFMadison
06-02-2016, 11:35 PM
RC about to max...

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/03/12/6359341238002401661367386784_anigif_enhanced-16803-1401312761-37.gif
:lol

skulls138
06-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Agreed. But Kyle Anderson doesn't appear to suck. A lot of ST wants every Spur from Timmy to the last man off the bench to be HOF status it seems. That's not how it works. Kyle Anderson is a solid young player that has gotten better over time and is still 22. He is long, smart, and can pass the rock. His defense also has been solid. It would be foolish to let him go. The KA hate is just plain stupid.It seems that the last thing a player does becomes his whole career, past, present and future. Bunch of bi-polar fuckers.

skulls138
06-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Parker played selfish and it cost us. I don't think he can handle not being the man on this team. He is no longer the PG he once was, but he doesn't accept that, he took how many shots in the 4th quarter of game 5? Parker is not the man to run this offense.But at the same time we needed his points and there was nobody else so he had to try. That series pointed out the lack of players in their prime. Too many, either rookies or veterans.

SAGirl
06-02-2016, 11:59 PM
It seems that the last thing a player does becomes his whole career, past, present and future. Bunch of bi-polar fuckers.

But at the same time we needed his points and there was nobody else so he had to try. That series pointed out the lack of players in their prime. Too many, either rookies or veterans.

Frankly maybe he wasn't ready, but the ball was not in his hands. It was in Manu's, Patty's and sometimes D'West. It's not like the ball was passed to him to make plays. It's also not like he passed up shots. It wasn't his role to create or take shots that didn't come within the flow of the offense. The problem was really that Manu didn't have a proper PnR partner and that bench had no inside presence whatsoever, so shooters weren't open, etc. Its' been discussed elsewhere, but so long as some ppl can blame the entire bench misfortune on the last guy they should be blaming it on they will. :lol

MultiTroll
06-03-2016, 12:15 AM
If the Celtics got a 2015 1st rounder for Doc.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/25/celtics-announce-trade-of-doc-rivers-to-clippers/

And the Raiders got two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders and $8 million.
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/feb/19/sports/sp-gruden19

What could the Spurs get for the GOAT?

Dre_7
06-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Yes he does :lol dude is terrible

How so?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-03-2016, 11:26 AM
RC about to max...

:tu Nice! :lol

Brazil
06-03-2016, 11:34 AM
How so?

worst stat of a Spurs player with at least 13 mpg in history ?

.32 FG% PER of 7.7 etc etc

Dre_7
06-03-2016, 11:55 AM

Um, he shot 47% from the field last year, not 32%.

Brazil
06-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Um, he shot 47% from the field last year, not 32%.

POs

Dre_7
06-03-2016, 12:36 PM
POs

:lol That is an incredibly small sample size. He played 10 games and it was the first time he played in the post season. I know you have been an NBA fan long enough to know that you cannot judge a player based on the first 10 playoff games of his career. Come on now.

Brazil
06-03-2016, 12:52 PM
:lol That is an incredibly small sample size. He played 10 games and it was the first time he played in the post season. I know you have been an NBA fan long enough to know that you cannot judge a player based on the first 10 playoff games of his career. Come on now.

:lol find me a young Spurs player with his 10 first games in POs with worst stat for 13 mpg

TheDoctor
06-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Both, Kyle and Boban suxs. You can argue that they have unique, special, rare and artisan talents or characteristics but deep down you know they suxs.

Dre_7
06-03-2016, 01:12 PM
:lol find me a young Spurs player with his 10 first games in POs with worst stat for 13 mpg

Bruce Bowen shot 37 percent in the first 10 playoff games in his career while playing 16 minutes a game. Manu Ginobili's first time in the playoffs he played in 24 games and shot 38 percent from the field. Danny Green's first time in the playoffs he shot 33 percent.

TheDoctor
06-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Bruce Bowen shot 37 percent in the first 10 playoff games in his career while playing 16 minutes a game. Manu Ginobili's first time in the playoffs he played in 24 games and shot 38 percent from the field. Danny Green's first time in the playoffs he shot 33 percent.

I know you answered his Q, but unlike Kyle, ALL of those players brung more than selective offense. They all were/are pretty good to elite defenders while Kyle is constantly being eaten alive by his mark (unless they're 3rd tier scrubs) and can't get pass his defender at the other side of the court.

Dre_7
06-03-2016, 02:19 PM
I know you answered his Q, but unlike Kyle, ALL of those players brung more than selective offense. They all were/are pretty good to elite defenders while Kyle is constantly being eaten alive by his mark (unless they're 3rd tier scrubs) and can't get pass his defender at the other side of the court.

You are tripping. Anderson is a great passer and has played solid defense all year. Just stop with the hate lol

TheDoctor
06-03-2016, 02:22 PM
You are tripping. Anderson is a great passer and has played solid defense all year. Just stop with the hate lol

LMAO :rollin

Brazil
06-03-2016, 02:27 PM

:lol Bruce had a TS% of .50 Kyle at .41, Manu is horrible comparaison, he had .52 TS% a PER of 15 and very solid advanced metrics, Dany played only 4 games for 2mpg. now his second POs had TS% of .59 and had solid advanced metrics.

my point was not just shooting

Dre_7
06-03-2016, 02:50 PM
:lol Bruce had a TS% of .50 Kyle at .41, Manu is horrible comparaison, he had .52 TS% a PER of 15 and very solid advanced metrics, Dany played only 4 games for 2mpg. now his second POs had TS% of .59 and had solid advanced metrics.

my point was not just shooting

You brought up his FG percentage for a 10 game stretch and tried to spin it to make it seem like he shot that percentage all year. But it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree. I will continue to trust RC, Pop, and the rest of the FO over some posters on ST.

I'm excited to see how he plays next season. Guarantee you he improves yet again.

Brazil
06-03-2016, 04:26 PM
You brought up his FG percentage for a 10 game stretch and tried to spin it to make it seem like he shot that percentage all year. But it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree. I will continue to trust RC, Pop, and the rest of the FO over some posters on ST.

I'm excited to see how he plays next season. Guarantee you he improves yet again.

:rolleyes

First of all I never just brought up only FG as you can see above
Second where did I make it sound like it was all year ? You replied no it is not .32 and I said POs, where did I try to make it sound like it was all year by responding POs ?

For the rest... I said he sucks, you replied how so ? I gave you numbers. Your reply is well I trust FO... well ok... smh

Brazil
06-03-2016, 04:28 PM
And for the sake of it the 3 players you mentionned had significantly better shooting % not even mentionning you picked Green at .33 over a sample of 4 games where he played a total of 10 mn but still you call me out about sample size :lmao

Brazil
06-03-2016, 04:31 PM
and I'm still waiting worst outcome for first 10 POs games of a Spurs player than Kyle while averaging at least 12 mpg during those games