PDA

View Full Version : NBA: DeAndre Jordan, not Boogie, makes the 1st team

lefty
05-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Today's NBA

baseline bum
05-26-2016, 02:56 PM
That's terrible making first team when you can't hit a free throw.

05-26-2016, 03:07 PM
And Klay being the only SG amongst the guards

:lol today's NBA

DPG21920
05-26-2016, 03:29 PM
I thought DeAndre deserved it this year TBH...However, I thought KD should have been on over him (if not for sill position requirements)

Kawhitstorm
05-26-2016, 03:31 PM
And Klay being the only SG amongst the guards

:lol today's NBA

Harden went from being the player's MVP to not mentioned at all.:lmao

Splits
05-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Davis loses $24m for not making any all-nba team

:lol today's nba

Clipper Nation
05-26-2016, 03:52 PM
:lmao Harden not even on any team at all

whitemamba
05-26-2016, 04:17 PM
This.

:lmao Harden not even on any team at all
Wait are you surprised or upset?

Stalin
05-26-2016, 05:47 PM

:lol Today's NBA.

StrengthAndHonor
05-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Evidently, everyone doesn't watch Clippers games here. I'm confident to say Jordan is far more valuable than Griffin in our team. We were 25-10 midway March with BG and a huge reason is DJ's ability to step up and protect our paint.

If one's goal is to win ball games, no one in their right mind should put a malcontent like Cousins over DJ.

InRareForm
05-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Hall of famer

apalisoc_9
05-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Evidently, everyone doesn't watch Clippers games here. I'm confident to say Jordan is far more valuable than Griffin in our team. We were 25-10 midway March with BG and a huge reason is DJ's ability to step up and protect our paint.

If one's goal is to win ball games, no one in their right mind should put a malcontent like Cousins over DJ.

DJ deserved it this year. I dont think people realize how being one of the top 5 rollmen in the league does to your offense. His rebounding too has been huge for their offense and considering the personel minuus griffin..he was the only guy competent enough to secure defensive boards. Aldrich was nice but he played minus Jordan.

05-26-2016, 11:18 PM
Boogie "45% overall FG%" Cousins didn't deserve All NBA 1st team this year

DAF86
05-26-2016, 11:23 PM

Shaq, Wilt and like a hundred bigmen more in the history of the league, tbh.

DMC
05-26-2016, 11:37 PM
These teams don't mean shit. It's just some fantasy team that's more highly publicized. I can't believe anyone gives a shit.

baseline bum
05-26-2016, 11:52 PM
Shaq, Wilt and like a hundred bigmen more in the history of the league, tbh.

They didn't shoot in the high 30s to the low 40s though. At least with guys like Shaq and Wilt you were getting more than a point per possession.

StrengthAndHonor
05-27-2016, 10:00 AM
DJ deserved it this year. I dont think people realize how being one of the top 5 rollmen in the league does to your offense. His rebounding too has been huge for their offense and considering the personel minuus griffin..he was the only guy competent enough to secure defensive boards. Aldrich was nice but he played minus Jordan.
Correct. People go by reputation and for casual NBA fans he's just a big man who likes to block and dunk. Defensively, he's a monster. People go crazy about Whiteside lol yet they overlook how great DJ is defensively, especially this year.

His value goes beyond numbers and he's been so reliable too. Only missed 4 games out of 330. His contract will look like a bargain now especially under the new cap.

Killakobe81
05-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Correct. People go by reputation and for casual NBA fans he's just a big man who likes to block and dunk. Defensively, he's a monster. People go crazy about Whiteside lol yet they overlook how great DJ is defensively, especially this year.

His value goes beyond numbers and he's been so reliable too. Only missed 4 games out of 330. His contract will look like a bargain now especially under the new cap.

S&H is right.
We murder Dwight for not accepting his role ...
He freely admits he was disengaged at times ...
Deandre is the anti-Dwight as far as that goes.
yes he bungled his free agency but he really stepped up with a great year ...personally I dont think either guys is first team all nba caliber. I would put Jordan on the 2nd team Boogie on the 3rd and added another forward like durant who plays in small ball lineups at C or PF...
Either way Durant should have been on the 1st team over somebody ...either Deandre or Kiwi ...and I love Kiwi.

Splits
05-27-2016, 10:11 AM
These teams don't mean shit. It's just some fantasy team that's more highly publicized. I can't believe anyone gives a shit.

Anthony Davis gives 24 million shits.

StrengthAndHonor
05-27-2016, 10:20 AM
S&H is right.
We murder Dwight for not accepting his role ...
He freely admits he was disengaged at times ...
Deandre is the anti-Dwight as far as that goes.
yes he bungled his free agency but he really stepped up with a great year ...personally I dont think either guys is first team all nba caliber. I would put Jordan on the 2nd team Boogie on the 3rd and added another forward like durant who plays in small ball lineups at SF besides
Either way Durant should have been on the 1st team over somebody ...either Deandre or Kiwi ...and I love Kiwi.

And that's another thing. Jordan is a great character guy. He gets along everyone in the locker room.

StrengthAndHonor
05-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Yep

Thread
05-27-2016, 10:53 AM

What's up, fart face? I ain't seen you since the surrender. Matter of fact I didn't see you at the surrender.

Splits
05-27-2016, 11:43 AM
What's up, fart face? I ain't seen you since the surrender. Matter of fact I didn't see you at the surrender.

What the fuck are you talking about? I was there, taking it, night of May 12. Now, go back and fuck your dead mother some more.

Thread
05-27-2016, 11:56 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? I was there, taking it, night of May 12. Now, go back and fuck your dead mother some more.

I know, I was just giving you a red ass. Relax, sport.

Splits
05-27-2016, 12:04 PM
I know, I was just giving you a red ass. Relax, sport.

Bend over, I'll give you a red ass. You'll have blood dripping from your... wherever

DMC
05-27-2016, 12:10 PM
You couldn't tell it by how he played.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Locker-room Smallpox shouldn't be on an all-NBA team.

ambchang
05-27-2016, 03:40 PM
I am not exactly sure why a segment of this board is infatuated with Cousins. yeah, he's big, he's mobile, and he has great moves, but his head is way out there. We have seen players like that before, and they quickly wear out their welcome. To make it worse, Kings management has not only not taken the steps from reigning him in, but actually took steps to make sure that he is NOT reigned in. It's bizarre how they are handling the situation.

Sure Cousins got great potential, but he's had great potential for a few years now, and it's never really materialized into something meaningful, like helping his teams win. He is, right now, the pre-Grizzlies Randolph. Until he gets a coach who has the guts and management backup to discipline him, he will never achieve his potential and be a big wasted blob of unrealized potential.

TheSanityAnnex
05-27-2016, 04:21 PM
I am not exactly sure why a segment of this board is infatuated with Cousins. yeah, he's big, he's mobile, and he has great moves, but his head is way out there. We have seen players like that before, and they quickly wear out their welcome. To make it worse, Kings management has not only not taken the steps from reigning him in, but actually took steps to make sure that he is NOT reigned in. It's bizarre how they are handling the situation.

Sure Cousins got great potential, but he's had great potential for a few years now, and it's never really materialized into something meaningful, like helping his teams win. He is, right now, the pre-Grizzlies Randolph. Until he gets a coach who has the guts and management backup to discipline him, he will never achieve his potential and be a big wasted blob of unrealized potential.He just got that coach, and actually had that coach before Malone was fired.

ambchang
05-27-2016, 06:49 PM
He just got that coach, and actually had that coach before Malone was fired.

That coach didn't get management backup though. Really is a shame.