PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Apocalypse

Fabbs
05-27-2016, 09:44 AM
3/10
Blow up, kill maim, injure. Repeat.
Expected with director Singer.
It.Finally.Ends.

Quicksilver is a good and funny character. His scenes are pretty good.
Moves remind of Dash on The Incredibles. :lol
Nightcrawler as an emo is actually pretty good.
Apocalypse is definitely a creepy villain.

Jennifer Lauwrence snooze as they try too hard to keep the Girl Power theme bullshyte going.
Olivia Mumm is not boner inspiring at all.
The ususual couple of English accent phags.

* I am not comic book come to life affectionado.
Nonetheless, the script is a snoozer.

Pelicans78
05-27-2016, 09:46 AM
I feel like Mystique is basically Jennifer Lawrence wearing blue makeup.

UZER
05-27-2016, 11:02 AM
3/10
Blow up, kill maim, injure. Repeat.
Expected with director Singer.
It.Finally.Ends.

Quicksilver is a good and funny character. His scenes are pretty good.
Moves remind of Dash on The Incredibles. :lol
Nightcrawler as an emo is actually pretty good.
Apocalypse is definitely a creepy villain.

Jennifer Lauwrence snooze as they try too hard to keep the Girl Power theme bullshyte going.
Olivia Mumm is not boner inspiring at all.
The ususual couple of English accent phags.

* I am not comic book come to life affectionado.
Nonetheless, the script is a snoozer.

Haven't seen it yet but...

1. The last movie with quicksilvers scene reminded me of Hammys time warp scene in Over the Hedge.

2. I'm actually surprised her big line wasn't "You are now all X-people!"

angrydude
05-27-2016, 08:00 PM
It's fine. Wasn't terrible. It was actually pretty entertaining until the last fight scene. The magneto stuff was great. But it sort of felt like they decided, ok guys we have to finish the movie now so we need a big fight scene.

lefty
05-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Based on the trailers alone, I'm more excited for Suicide Squad than I am for XMA

XMA looks shitty tbh

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2016, 09:46 PM
havnt watch it yet,

but what do you guys think of apocalypse changing shape, did they do it good like the ant man changing size? or was the angles good?

LaMarcus Bryant
05-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Olivia Munn gets award for movie boner of the YEAR in that Psylock outfit. You're crazy, she was fine AF.

Movie was decent, more special effects reliant less actual action (like daredevil and civil war).

They should have done Mr Sinister and built apocalypse over a few movies.

So did Havoc die? Lol

The movies pace is where it was truly flawed. Everything seemed to be going 1.5 faster than it should have, yet the niche was well over 2 hours long.

StrengthAndHonor
05-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Not better than DOFP nor worse than The Last Stand IMO. 6.5/10

Leetonidas
05-28-2016, 04:36 PM
I thought it was okay. the X-Men movies are never like mind blowing or as good as the main marvel studios movies but it wasnt bad. I felt they should have focused more on magneto though as his story is more interesting. so wolverines part was meh. I give it a 6.5/10 as well.

Kim Jong-il
05-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Better than expected. Wolverine is such a tired, annoying fucking character at this point, I was really happy his part was just a cameo. Not as good as DOFP or X2 but better than all the rest.

lefty20
05-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Nothing to write home about, but not bad overall. Iceman seemed to be the only one missing from the original(comics) team, I think. Hopefully they will add him on the next one.

TDMVPDPOY
05-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Better than expected. Wolverine is such a tired, annoying fucking character at this point, I was really happy his part was just a cameo. Not as good as DOFP or X2 but better than all the rest.

dont understand the hype of this pos character, yet its getting a stand alone movie again?

cd021
05-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Best movie in second trilogy 7.5/10

liked Apocalypse and the use of the alternate timeline to reboot the series. Thought the cast was solid and the special affects were great.

Chick who played Jean Grey was hot and Olivia Munn looked fine as hell in that costume TBH.

cd021
05-29-2016, 04:15 PM
My rank of the two trilogies.

X3 (Liked it more than most, particularly the Phoenix part.
X2
X1 (Good not great)

Apocalypse (Enjoyed this one the most out of the second trilogy )
DOFP (solid)
1st class (first forty five minutes bored the hell out of me, good end. Set the table nicely for the other two films)

Still liked both better than the iron man trilogy but can't hold a torch to Captain America.

Overall very well done. Wolverine is a likeable character but his standalones were both deeply flawed. Would love to see Wolverine in Infinity Wars.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-01-2016, 10:33 AM
I agree with the magneto comment.
His character is the most complex and well developed of any in this X series, plus Fassbender is an amazing actor.
Wish they had spent more time with him.

Also lol for real fuck wolverine.

cd021
06-01-2016, 01:39 PM
I agree with the magneto comment.
His character is the most complex and well developed of any in this X series, plus Fassbender is an amazing actor.
Wish they had spent more time with him.

Also lol for real fuck wolverine.

Fassbender was excellent, he parts in the movie was very good. Favorite part was when he was in the factory ready to kill everyone and Apoc. and his crew appears.
"Who the fuck are you?" :lol

I like Jackman as Wolverine but it was nice to focus on building a movie without revolving around him.

With the change in the timeline, it means they can continue without his involvement

djohn2oo8
06-12-2016, 08:24 PM
pleasantly surprised , it was good

jeebus
06-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Ditto. Good popcorn flick. Those looking for academy award quality should stay home and rewatch Crash.

TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2016, 09:36 PM
magneto story>>> wolverine bs, nobody gives a shit about that kent back story and character development

redzero
06-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Ditto. Good popcorn flick. Those looking for academy award quality should stay home and rewatch Crash.

Crash is more unbelievable than the X-Men movies.

Reck
06-12-2016, 11:29 PM
This movie was good entertainment. Was expecting Apocalypse to be more badass though.

All the guy did was stand and talk. Little action with him.

HI-FI
06-13-2016, 12:02 AM
The reviews seem mixed to poor but I was planning on seeing it this week anyways. Good to hear that it's not that bad, the last one was quite good imo. Also, you can't go wrong with Fassbender.

daslicer
06-13-2016, 01:08 AM
This movie was good entertainment. Was expecting Apocalypse to be more badass though.

All the guy did was stand and talk. Little action with him.

Apocalypse came across as a cult leader especially when he used that line "My child" when talking to his recruits.

The Reckoning
06-14-2016, 11:02 AM
fassbender with that necklace. brutal.