PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook

SASdynasty!
05-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Greatest choke artist of our generation? Not only is he going to shoot in the 30%s for the series, but to have that many terrible plays down the stretch is crazy. I don't know how you could be so bad at the end of games.

Gummi Clutch
05-28-2016, 10:45 PM
He was doing stuff on the floor, Durant choked. Russ was by no means good but he held his own.

Cry Havoc
05-28-2016, 10:45 PM
Most overrated player since KobePERIOD

Cry Havoc
05-28-2016, 10:46 PM
He was doing stuff on the floor, Durant choked. Russ was by no means good but he held his own.

4 4th quarter TOs, 2-7 from the field, including 3 different shot attempts where he was only looking to sell a foul.

"held his own"? KD was terrible too but they both were fucking abysmal in the 4th.

tholdren
05-28-2016, 10:47 PM
4 4th quarter TOs, 2-7 from the field, including 3 different shot attempts where he was only looking to sell a foul.

"held his own"? KD was terrible too but they both were fucking abysmal in the 4th.
Yes, not sure why he went away from attacking. No where near KD failure though.

Gummi Clutch
05-28-2016, 10:48 PM

I think there is "bad" which is allowed, nobody is perfect or great all the time---but you can accept it.

KD was rattled in the pressure situations, Russel (except last TO) were pretty consistently bad with and without pressure. What I saw from Kd was dissappointing as a big fan of his....dude was rattled and just turned it over under pressure over and over again.

PMed you yesterday beeteedubs.

Cry Havoc
05-28-2016, 10:51 PM
I think there is "bad" which is allowed, nobody is perfect or great all the time---but you can accept it.

KD was rattled in the pressure situations, Russel (except last TO) were pretty consistently bad with and without pressure. What I saw from Kd was dissappointing as a big fan of his....dude was rattled and just turned it over under pressure over and over again.

PMed you yesterday beeteedubs.

I mean, they both shit the bed. But at least Durant wasn't causing TOs before he even got a shot off.

This isn't new for Westbrook. He heroballs EVERY SINGLE TIME the Thunder get into a situation like this. At least with Durant there's a chance he goes off for 40. Westbrook shot 27 fucking times, and Barkley rightly called them both out at halftime.

fresnodog
05-28-2016, 10:52 PM
EPIC COLLAPSE

hater
05-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Good thread. His out of control bullshit in game 5 was the beggining of the end for OKC. I always called him the MVP for the other team.

Gummi Clutch
05-28-2016, 10:53 PM
I mean, they both shit the bed. But at least Durant wasn't causing TOs before he even got a shot off.

This isn't new for Westbrook. He heroballs EVERY SINGLE TIME the Thunder get into a situation like this. At least with Durant there's a chance he goes off for 40. Westbrook shot 27 fucking times, and Barkley rightly called them both out at halftime.
He does, but there comes an aggression and tenacity with it. Whenever teams play passive in situations like this they almost always lose. WB was relentless regardlessand the team thrives off his energy. Durant is a much better player, which is why its inexcusable for him to be that bad of a leader and fold like that tbh. Adams and Roberson were saving his but even when they were up

Cry Havoc
05-28-2016, 10:57 PM
He does, but there comes an aggression and tenacity with it. Whenever teams play passive in situations like this they almost always lose. WB was relentless regardlessand the team thrives off his energy. Durant is a much better player, which is why its inexcusable for him to be that bad of a leader and fold like that tbh. Adams and Roberson were saving his but even when they were up

It's stupid tenacity. It's like Allen Iverson. Always looking to get a shot off regardless of the situation he's in or the shot clock, or how open his teammates are.

If Durant is that much better, WB should be deferring to him a lot more instead of posting the highest usage rate in the playoffs.

Btw will respond to your PM tomorrow. :tu

td4mvp2k
05-28-2016, 10:59 PM
greatest fag of our generation tbh

http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Russell-Westbrook-ALBA-Legacy-UpscaleHype-c.jpg

RD2191
05-28-2016, 11:01 PM
But but he's a "superstar" he can score 30 pts on 40 shots. :lmao

spurtech09
05-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Don't know why everyone is hating......Love to have him in s Spurs uniform....Parker as back up....

YGWHI
05-29-2016, 01:04 AM
Don't know why everyone is hating......Love to have him in s Spurs uniform....Parker as back up....
Having Durant is a thing...Westbrook? Hell no.

Both are choke prone. KD didn't play great either, but Russ turnovers in the 4th...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-29-2016, 01:37 AM
Pity they didn't choke against us in games 2 and 5... although in a strange way they almost did. :lol

I think this game was actually decided by NBA record 11 3s from Klay, and another 6 from Steph. They finally performed well when it mattered.

cd98
05-29-2016, 07:51 AM
GSW played tough D and shot lights out, so it's not a complete choke job. But OKC had too many turnovers down the stretch. That said, they weren't choke artists against the Spurs. They won the close games. Unfortunately for the Thunder, GSW have figured them out and will win by double digits in Oakland.

tholdren
05-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Pity they didn't choke against us in games 2 and 5... although in a strange way they almost did. :lol

I think this game was actually decided by NBA record 11 3s from Klay, and another 6 from Steph. They finally performed well when it mattered.

It's all about WHEN you make the shot. Those threes by Klay were brutal.

hater
05-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Westpanzee is the most cancerous player in the past 30 years

cjw
05-29-2016, 09:31 AM

Surprisingly, Kobe's been a better shooter throughout his career - even including the abysmal finish to it. He's more similar to Iverson in that respect. Westbrook is bigger and more explosive, but both inefficient shooters.

aal04
05-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Watched the game. KD and WB were chucking HARD in the 4th to try and stay level with the GSW.

Thats all you can do, you cant really go back for a higher percentage 2pt when they are breaking 3pt records.

No team would have stood a chance against GSW today. And basically KD and WB knew it. I dont blame them for chucking. they needed god mode to match god mode.

GSW was ridiculous.

We wouldnt have beaten either team at all, especially when we go for long 2s. thats the new age game.

Cry Havoc
05-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Watched the game. KD and WB were chucking HARD in the 4th to try and stay level with the GSW.

Thats all you can do, you cant really go back for a higher percentage 2pt when they are breaking 3pt records.

No team would have stood a chance against GSW today. And basically KD and WB knew it. I dont blame them for chucking. they needed god mode to match god mode.

GSW was ridiculous.

We wouldnt have beaten either team at all, especially when we go for long 2s. thats the new age game.

:lol Are you joking? They were up 7 with 5 minutes to play, in a closeout game, on their own floor. If a team is that hot from 3, you make them put the ball on the floor.

Of course, not turning the ball over 5 times in the final 2 minutes is probably a good idea too.

This was OKC's game to win. Don't pretend like it was an impossible obstacle. They had it won with 5 to play and choked as hard as any team in NBA history.

Captivus
05-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Of course, not turning the ball over 5 times in the final 2 minutes is probably a good idea too.

Did WB have 4 TO in the last 1:40 of the game?? I wonder what OKC fans are saying about that.

Cry Havoc
05-29-2016, 11:38 AM
Did WB have 4 TO in the last 1:40 of the game?? I wonder what OKC fans are saying about that.

1:39 Russell Westbrook lost ball turnover (Andre Iguodala steals)
0:55 Russell Westbrook out of bounds lost ball turnover
0:35 Russell Westbrook bad pass (Andre Iguodala steals)
0:12 Russell Westbrook bad pass

skut_farkus
05-29-2016, 11:45 AM
This game is on durant, he single handedly kept the warriors in it with his chucking

Tully365
05-29-2016, 12:04 PM
1:39 Russell Westbrook lost ball turnover (Andre Iguodala steals)
0:55 Russell Westbrook out of bounds lost ball turnover
0:35 Russell Westbrook bad pass (Andre Iguodala steals)
0:12 Russell Westbrook bad pass

yep... I don't think it's chance that OKC lost a bunch of 4th quarter leads this season. Westbrook consistently makes bad decisions when it matters most. If it isn't a turnover, it's an ill-advised 3 point shot.

Spurs9
05-29-2016, 12:36 PM
They just went away from what was successful for them with horrid shooting. With 38 missed shots between them and tons of turnovers, along with a ridiculous Klay they were only a few points away at the end. They arent in bad shape tbh, I worry about the mental state after dropping that and then going into GS. I think they can make the adjustments. You realize 38 missed shots is at least 76 points they poetentially gave away? :lol I think Curry is still hurt a bit and is slowed down. I dont think the Thunder game planned for Klay since he didnt shoot like this. I think thunder will make the adjustments needed, will be intresting to see the mental toughness of them in game 7. I think they can recover but it will be close.

AFMadison
05-29-2016, 05:41 PM

GSW was ridiculous.

I don't even know what to say. I don't think I should stoup that low.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2016, 08:44 PM

Klay was hitting some unbelievable shots, you can't stop that. I am still pissed the Spurs blew those games at home too man, no reason they should have lost either of those but they did. I wish the Thunder would have choked then tbh.

05-29-2016, 09:26 PM

therealtruth
05-29-2016, 09:46 PM
Klay was hitting some unbelievable shots, you can't stop that. I am still pissed the Spurs blew those games at home too man, no reason they should have lost either of those but they did. I wish the Thunder would have choked then tbh.

That was all heart. He was basically willing the ball into the basket. The Spurs could learn something from that. It seems they either win or lose easily. The ability to hang tough when things are not going well and still pull out the win requires heart. To be a champion you need to be able to win games like that.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2016, 10:01 PM
That was all heart. He was basically willing the ball into the basket. The Spurs could learn something from that. It seems they either win or lose easily. The ability to hang tough when things are not going well and still pull out the win requires heart. To be a champion you need to be able to win games like that.

That was a game you look back on when you get the championship DVD and say that was a classic, all heart and that won the title basically right there indirectly. Spurs have done that a few times in their title run years, the last two years though after leading in the series or the key home game they fold and lose it (Start missing shots and TO's late). I miss that about the Spurs some times, know it's only been a few years since their title but man they the last two seasons have showed little heart in those come from behind or close games, it's frustrating to watch.

Three on the Spurs have won multiple titles and are champions but their time is nearly up and they can't do that stuff anymore like they did during their title runs unfortunately, it is up to Kawhi now and LMA to turn into that person and maybe a third wheel as well being a shooter. Tim and Manu are past that stage and Tony appears to be too.