05-29-2016, 10:37 PM
EiOB5cby2-w

DMC
05-30-2016, 02:27 AM
Dirk walked off like a boss.

Sean Cagney
05-30-2016, 03:06 AM
Dirk walked off like a boss.

Boy did he lol, classic. I also love the 03 ending with K Willis out there jumping around at the end when he puts those elbow pads on..... Classic.

Robz4000
05-30-2016, 03:27 AM
:cry Manu making clutch freethrows :cry

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 08:31 AM
I want to see the Warriors win one at home. Love or hate this current Warriors squad, those fans are the most loyal and committed basketball fans in the NBA. As a Spurs fanbase we can thank those Oracle fans for pretty much single-handedly winning the Spurs the championship in 2007 in round 1 (with a little help from Stern in round 2).

No way we beat the Mavs without HCA that year considering they beat us without HCA the year before and dominated us 3–1 in the 2007 regular season. They were poised to win it all and ran into literally the only team in the NBA that could beat them in a 7 game series.

FYM
05-30-2016, 08:46 AM
I want to see the Warriors win one at home. Love or hate this current Warriors squad, those fans are the most loyal and committed basketball fans in the NBA. As a Spurs fanbase we can thank those Oracle fans for pretty much single-handedly winning the Spurs the championship in 2007 in round 1 (with a little help from Stern in round 2).

No way we beat the Mavs without HCA that year considering they beat us without HCA the year before and dominated us 3–1 in the 2007 regular season. They were poised to win it all and ran into literally the only team in the NBA that could beat them in a 7 game series.

:lol you are not the one who bragged about calling an OKC win earlier this season bumping your takes left and right ?

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 08:50 AM
:lol you are not the one who bragged about calling an OKC win earlier this season bumping your takes left and right ?

I did call OKC over SA in 6 explicitly, in multiple threads. So yeah. I have bragging rights. How'd the Celtics do this year in the playoffs?

FYM
05-30-2016, 08:55 AM
I did call OKC over SA in 6 explicitly, in multiple threads. So yeah. I have bragging rights. How'd the Celtics do this year in the playoffs?

you also did call OKC over Warriors IIRC. So yeah you bragged and get shat on.

Celtics could continue to suck in the POs during 50 years and still have more rings than SA.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 08:57 AM
you also did call OKC over Warriors IIRC. So yeah you bragged and get shat on.

Celtics could continue to suck in the POs during 50 years and still have more rings than SA.
I called warriors to win upfront and then thunder to win in 6 after the game 3 massacre. Thunder really should have won game 6 and were clearly the better team for the first 44 minutes of the game. But I didn't make a huge deal of it like the SA Shits losing to OKC in 6.

ambchang
05-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Amazing how only one of those games had a 20+ point margin.

Robz4000
05-30-2016, 12:17 PM

As a Spurs fan you should know the regular season means little when it comes to the postseason bruh. That 2007 Spurs team was pretty deep, and the Spurs generally do well in revenge series'.

InRareForm
05-30-2016, 12:21 PM

I forgot all about that mavs series loss that year

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
As a Spurs fan you should know the regular season means little when it comes to the postseason bruh. That 2007 Spurs team was pretty deep, and the Spurs generally do well in revenge series'.

Kinda like how the Spurs crushed the Lakers in 2002, right? Right... & we all thought we had it made after winning game 2 in LA that year. Riiiiight.

Those Dirk/Howard/Terry/Stackhouse etc teams were a matchup nightmare for us, there's no way around it. Even Phoenix had a huge problem with those teams after they lost Joe Johnson and Q-Rich in favor of more defense.

Robz4000
05-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Kinda like how the Spurs crushed the Lakers in 2002, right? Right... & we all thought we had it made after winning game 2 in LA that year. Riiiiight.

Those Dirk/Howard/Terry/Stackhouse etc teams were a matchup nightmare for us, there's no way around it. Even Phoenix had a huge problem with those teams after they lost Joe Johnson and Q-Rich in favor of more defense.

Got em in 2003, also beat the Suns that year after they ousted the Spurs in 2000, and obviously they've beaten the Heat, Thunder, and Grizz after losing to them in the playoffs. Also, as I said, regular season =/= playoffs; Spurs struggled against several teams they've smashed in the playoffs (SSOL Suns, LeBron teams, Jizz, etc).

Chris
05-30-2016, 06:20 PM
Why were these fans rushing the court at 5:23 in this one? Seems a bit odd.

mMzYUK_f5uI

DPG21920
05-30-2016, 06:26 PM
Great video - it's so awesome when the team you root for wins. I know it means nothing in our lives really, but it's still great.

Keepin' it real
05-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Great video - it's so awesome when the team you root for wins. I know it means nothing in our lives really, but it's still great.

Balderdash, it means ALL.

Clipper Nation
05-30-2016, 07:10 PM

That Mavs team was so mentally weak, they'd have choked eventually regardless. The Spurs were the best team in the league (best SRS, top 5 in offensive and defensive rating, won 25 of their last 31 games) and had a chip on their shoulder from that rigged series against Dallas the previous year. Even the fucking Jazz took 2 out of 3 against the Mavs that year in the regular season, and both of those wins were blowouts - one of them coming in Dallas right before the playoffs.

Keepin' it real
05-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Wow I had no idea LA lost to Boston by 39!!

therealtruth
05-30-2016, 09:28 PM

I heard a lot of the Spurs called to thank them for beating the Mavs.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 10:48 PM
That Mavs team was so mentally weak, they'd have choked eventually regardless. The Spurs were the best team in the league (best SRS, top 5 in offensive and defensive rating, won 25 of their last 31 games) and had a chip on their shoulder from that rigged series against Dallas the previous year. Even the fucking Jazz took 2 out of 3 against the Mavs that year in the regular season, and both of those wins were blowouts - one of them coming in Dallas right before the playoffs.
After Dallas had clinched the 1 seed and Avery mailed it in for the rest of the RS. Yes, I remember. And the other one was close in Utah and part of their 0–4 start before the 67–11 finish.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Got em in 2003, also beat the Suns that year after they ousted the Spurs in 2000, and obviously they've beaten the Heat, Thunder, and Grizz after losing to them in the playoffs. Also, as I said, regular season =/= playoffs; Spurs struggled against several teams they've smashed in the playoffs (SSOL Suns, LeBron teams, Jizz, etc).
All your arguments are silly.....

- 2003 Mavs were a COMPLETELY different team. Only constant was Dirk, but they were led by Nash and Don ****ing Nelson Sr. was the coach. Terrible defense, crazy good but gimmicky offense, they were basically the post 2004 Suns who the Spurs of course dominated as well.

- 2000 Suns were a completely different team from the 2003 team that also gave us problems... 2000 Suns weren't that good (no Marbury/Amare yet) but WE DIDN'T HAVE FUCKING TIM DUNCAN so OF COURSE WE LOST. 2003 Suns were a pain in the ass and had Marbury who hated us and gave Parker nightmares, Amare P&R was already a problem, but going to Manu and Claxton did wonders for us beginning in game 3 of that series. Too many different variables to evaluate and compare those two teams/series.

Robz4000
05-30-2016, 11:23 PM
All your arguments are silly.....

- 2003 Mavs were a COMPLETELY different team. Only constant was Dirk, but they were led by Nash and Don ****ing Nelson Sr. was the coach. Terrible defense, crazy good but gimmicky offense, they were basically the post 2004 Suns who the Spurs of course dominated as well.

- 2000 Suns were a completely different team from the 2003 team that also gave us problems... 2000 Suns weren't that good (no Marbury/Amare yet) but WE DIDN'T HAVE FUCKING TIM DUNCAN so OF COURSE WE LOST. 2003 Suns were a pain in the ass and had Marbury who hated us and gave Parker nightmares, Amare P&R was already a problem, but going to Manu and Claxton did wonders for us beginning in game 3 of that series. Too many different variables to evaluate and compare those two teams/series.

Was talking about the Lakers in '03, not the Mavs.

The Gemini Method
05-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Those losses in '04 & '08 were terrible. Just hurts we should've competed better. I remember watching the end o the '08 series on my mom's birthday and it was a murder. Like O.J. slashing Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman proportions. I was pretty numb for the Pistons massacre.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2016, 01:05 AM
Was talking about the Lakers in '03, not the Mavs.
We did beat them and it was AWESOME that year, even if you could argue the Lakers were bored (outside of Kobe and Shaq) and played like it, Rick Fox was out and Derek Fisher and Devean George were both playing hurt, they were trotting out guys like Jannero Pargo, Slava Medvedenko and Brian Shaw in the clutch because so many rotation players weren't 100% and they were thin. But, winning that 6th game in blowout fashion on their court was undeniably exhilarating.

Unfortunately, we didn't follow that up by making a statement that it was no fluke in 2004. Granted they brought in 2 geriatric HoFers but that shouldn't have changed too much. No excuse for blowing a double-digit second half lead in a game 4 that should have had us going back to SA up 3–1. Fucking Turkoglu and Devin Brown, :pctoss