PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel

SilverSpur
05-31-2016, 12:32 AM
What would it take to get him from the 76ers? I would like to see the Spurs trade the rights of some of the overseas players that we don't plan on bringing over plus Anderson, Green, 2nd round pick next year.
He is young, athletic and would protect the rim.
What do you think?
:flag:

cjw
05-31-2016, 12:35 AM
At least you're including Green and Anderson in the deal. Most folks around here think he can be had for Diaw's fatass and Parker or Mills.

I think Okafor gets dealt well before Noel.

Mnky
05-31-2016, 06:03 AM
They prefer to keep Noel, but he favors what the spurs need as a young athletic defender and finisher. Spurs could offer mills/Parker their pick and another player like diaw or Anderson. Danny would get it done, but I think his cap friendly deal is too good to trade if you want to have some sort of insurance on missing out on big name fa. Draft night wil be interesting.

I expect the spurs to be in talks for noel, among other center options.

tbdog
05-31-2016, 06:42 AM
Noel is a nice player already and has a bit of upside. He pick n roll defense is pretty damn good. He works hard. He is still little raw offensively, and displayed enough court time to show that he doesn't come with a health warning. Therefore, he wont be had by giving up junk. It is possible to get by trading Parker, but Spurs will have to throw in some over seas rights and a few unprotected 1sts to get it done. In all honesty, with Manu and TD set to retire this year or next, we are one Leonard injury away from being out out the playoffs. You don't want a Nets situation where they bet their future on a one year thing. Heck, it is all possible that another 96 season is coming our way.

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 06:52 AM
Green, Diaw, Mills, Anderson

If you want Teague, use those same four and a 1st round pick

SAGirl
05-31-2016, 06:49 PM
Noel is a nice player already and has a bit of upside. He pick n roll defense is pretty damn good. He works hard. He is still little raw offensively, and displayed enough court time to show that he doesn't come with a health warning. Therefore, he wont be had by giving up junk. It is possible to get by trading Parker, but Spurs will have to throw in some over seas rights and a few unprotected 1sts to get it done. In all honesty, with Manu and TD set to retire this year or next, we are one Leonard injury away from being out out the playoffs. You don't want a Nets situation where they bet their future on a one year thing. Heck, it is all possible that another 96 season is coming our way.
I agree.
Not worthy to give up a future pick. We have become top heavy, with 2 stars and that is it, a bunch of really, really old dudes (bc just old dudes does not really explain the severity of the age situation), and not much in terms of stashed players, maybe Bertans and Milutinov and they are roleplayer potential caliber guys. LJC has stalled on his development and they have a similar player in Jerami Grant. If Kawhi gets injured for a good chunk of the season we will be in the lottery. I would not trade a future unprotected 1st pick unless we were talking about a real star which Noel is not.

Russ
05-31-2016, 07:57 PM
In all honesty, with Manu and TD set to retire this year or next, we are one Leonard injury away from being out out the playoffs. . . . Heck, it is all possible that another 96 season is coming our way.

I think you mean '97.

cd98
05-31-2016, 08:19 PM
If he's any good why are the 76ers ready to trade him for crap most likely. He's on a rookie contract so what can you get in a trade for that other than cheap assets.

Russ
05-31-2016, 08:47 PM
If he's any good why are the 76ers ready to trade him for crap most likely.

He's good and they won't trade him for crap.

This is off-season dreaming.

TheGoldStandard
05-31-2016, 08:53 PM
Brett brown can really do us a solid and gift that guy to us..

Noel/Aldridge/Leonard/Green/MCW Starters

That equates to length for days and mostly solid defense outside of Aldridge. Seems feasible if they are going to jettison all the old timers. The bench will probably be soft but if they can at least fill it with shooters that will be something.

Emperor
05-31-2016, 09:28 PM

That equates to length for days and mostly solid defense outside of Aldridge. Seems feasible if they are going to jettison all the old timers. The bench will probably be soft but if they can at least fill it with shooters that will be something.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that would still leave us some cap flexibility to play with also see it as Noel/MCW make about $6mil combined?

TheGoldStandard
05-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but that would still leave us some cap flexibility to play with also see it as Noel/MCW make about $6mil combined?

Depends on what you had to move in order to get those pieces.. I still think most teams will balk at taking on Parker's contract. Most scenarios would probably take Anderson/Diaw/Mills/some 1sts and some draft n stash players. Now if Philly were willing to Take Kyle, Mills and a 1st for Noel and Bucks were willing to take Parker and Diaw well then you'd have some cap flexibility.

Realistically you could move Green and get Noel and a combo of those players mentioned to get MCW but you'd still have Parkers albatross contract eating up cap space.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-01-2016, 08:19 AM

See, now, that's what I've been thinking too. That's a perfect team for the "new NBA" - long, athletic, a defensive beat - if it develops like I think it could. If FO can pull that off forget next year, but the 3 years after that we'd be nasty, assuming the bench could be rebuilt in the meantime. A reliable scoring 6th man would be crucial to a team like that.

SilverSpur
06-01-2016, 07:13 PM
I think you mean '97.

No, He's right, it was 96 season that gave us the top pick in 97

MaNu4Tres
06-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Spurs have no one Sixers would want for Noel. Only guy they'd want is Leonard and he's obviously off limits.

No idea how or why anyone would think its realistically possible to get him. Come on guys -- step up your game.

K...
06-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Also remember Colanelgo is there to cock block any Brett Brown gifting.

Spurtacular
06-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Noel ain't a buy high guy, tbh. He ain't coming this year.

Mnky
06-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Noel is young and has shown plenty of promise. I believe If it happened, it would be a three team trade. Patty, Diaw, Parker etc become more valuable to other teams who could facilitate players to the sixers. The sixers mindset is to start winning, some vets is what they are looking for to mold their youth in the right direction and make the most of their potential

cjw
06-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Patty and Diaw are not netting you Noel without giving up one or two unprotected picks - not the 29th pick. Stop it everyone. Just stop it.

Sean Cagney
06-02-2016, 03:01 AM
Spurs have no one Sixers would want for Noel. Only guy they'd want is Leonard and he's obviously off limits.

No idea how or why anyone would think its realistically possible to get him. Come on guys -- step up your game.

Fans think they can trade players they don't want on their team for someone that is why, no clue in hell why the other team would want them if you don't :lol
Patty and Diaw are not netting you Noel without giving up one or two unprotected picks - not the 29th pick. Stop it everyone. Just stop it.

Exactly, dudes are on that good shit with these trade ideas.

SD126
06-02-2016, 03:15 AM

Patty/Diaw likely nets you a bad contract in return. Wise move is to swap Mills by himself with a backup PG, and to just outright waive/stretch Diaw.

td4mvp2k
06-02-2016, 04:20 AM
this would be best option at center if they can make it happen tbh

mo7888
06-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Patty/Diaw by themselves would only net us something like a top 58 protected 2nd round pick that we'd never see. Philly would probably do that...basically take them into space without giving anyhing back....that's probly the best we could do to get rid of the $3m guaranteed on Diaw's contract

TheGreatYacht
06-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Patty/Diaw by themselves would only net us something like a top 58 protected 2nd round pick that we'd never see. Philly would probably do that...basically take them into space without giving anyhing back....that's probly the best we could do to get rid of the $3m guaranteed on Diaw's contract
Okay :lol

Yes, some of us are dreaming high on these trades... But y'all debbiedowners are exaggerating with how worthless our trade assets are. A Protected 58th second round pick for Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, cmon man :lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-02-2016, 09:42 AM
D-League Danny, Boris Diaw, and Patty Mills for Nerlens Noel... Get it done RC :tu

Then show Mike Conley the money

Kawhitstorm
06-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Instead of trading for Noel, PATFO could just sign Biyombo before the cap explodes in 2017 when Noel will be a free agent.

Biyombo is a playoff proven performer & doesn't have health or attitude issues, which is something that can't be said about Noel.

MaNu4Tres
06-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Instead of trading for Noel, PATFO could just sign Biyombo before the cap explodes in 2017 when Noel will be a free agent.

Biyombo is a playoff proven performer & doesn't have health or attitude issues, which is something that can't be said about Noel.

Highly doubt the Spurs would trade Danny or Tony in order to use all the space to make a run for Biyombo for 17-20 mil per.

mo7888
06-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Okay :lol

Yes, some of us are dreaming high on these trades... But y'all debbiedowners are exaggerating with how worthless our trade assets are. A Protected 58th second round pick for Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, cmon man :lmao

Nobody is taking on Diaw's contract unless they get something in return...he's worth less than cap space at this point.....that something could be mills...it could be a future 2nd rd pick that's unprotected...but nobody is giving an asset for him..

Kawhitstorm
06-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Highly doubt the Spurs would trade Danny or Tony in order to use all the space to make a run for Biyombo for 17-20 mil per.

All they have to do is dump Diaw, assuming Tim/Manu retire or re-sign for the vet min. In any case, I doubt PATFO give Biyombo that much money & they are probably best served spending 20 mill on Marvin Williams/Cole Aldrich b/c Biyombo would clog up the paint on offense.

TheGreatYacht
06-02-2016, 02:42 PM
All they have to do is dump Diaw, assuming Tim/Manu retire or re-sign for the vet min. In any case, I doubt PATFO give Biyombo that much money & they are probably best served spending 20 mill on Marvin Williams/Cole Aldrich b/c Biyombo would clog up the paint on offense.
20 million on Cole Aldrich and Marvin Williams :lmao

Kawhitstorm
06-02-2016, 03:19 PM
20 million on Cole Aldrich and Marvin Williams :lmao

r0drig0lac
06-02-2016, 05:02 PM
hummm

TheGoldStandard
06-02-2016, 05:05 PM
hummm

If only the Spurs would somehow get involved or call and offer up Tony. lol

Imagine finding out that Philly offered up Noel or Okafor but Spurs were unwilling to let go of Parker.

SpursFan86
06-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Geez, I might have overestimated Philly's competence. If they're actually willing to part with Noel for something like Teague + a 1st, then maybe the Spurs would have a shot at getting him.

Chris
06-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Any young center that can rebound and defend should be this highest priority this offseason. Not sure Nerlens fits the bill; he has been underwhelming in both categories.

rasuo214
06-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Geez, I might have overestimated Philly's competence. If they're actually willing to part with Noel for something like Teague + a 1st, then maybe the Spurs would have a shot at getting him.

Well Noel is about to become a FA next off-season, so that hurts his trade value quite a bit when you factor in what it'd probably cost to keep him. Okafor probably has more value since he'll only be on his 2nd year of a rookie deal.

DPG21920
06-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Noel doesn't have a ton of value right now based on his on court production. It would be a gamble and he's a RFA next year so if he doesn't really perform you might have a tough decision on your hands with regards to giving him a deal.

I mean, Teague isn't a great return, but Noel is not going to fetch something major.

Mnky
06-02-2016, 09:40 PM

They have to move him. He fits in the least, even if he's going to be a star. Okafor showed he can be a beast on offense going forward and they have a center coming back from Injury plus the top pick who will likely garner them another big or forward. Theyre just crowded with talent up front.

Mnky
06-02-2016, 09:43 PM
hummm

That's crazy. If only the spurs were involved. Atlanta sending teague to the sixers was the exact third party facilitator in a spurs deal I could imagine. Atlanta getting back Parker/Anderson type deal for grooming and potential. They're losing teague either way and need to move him for Schroeder to take over.

SAGirl
06-02-2016, 10:43 PM
That's crazy. If only the spurs were involved. Atlanta sending teague to the sixers was the exact third party facilitator in a spurs deal I could imagine. Atlanta getting back Parker/Anderson type deal for grooming and potential. They're losing teague either way and need to move him for Schroeder to take over.
They need frontcourt help though with possibly losing Al Horford, and their frontcourt was undersized very often even with Horford.
Its a good deal for Atlanta. Nice athlete to pair with Schroder.

I don't think our assets are going to interest anybody that much.

Mnky
06-03-2016, 08:44 AM
They need frontcourt help though with possibly losing Al Horford, and their frontcourt was undersized very often even with Horford.
Its a good deal for Atlanta. Nice athlete to pair with Schroder.

I don't think our assets are going to interest anybody that much.

I agree they may need to replace him, since they seemed intent on trading all the starters this season. He would be a nice piece to build around with Schroeder. Spurs were one of the names that came up for teague during the season which is why they made sense as a third party. Spurs have something they were interested in. If they're going young rebuild, I could see them liking Anderson's potential.

I think because the spurs have had a graveyard for so long, people have lost the importance of veteran leadership. One of the reasons these young teams don't grow is the lack of veterans to help mold them. Not to mention there's another cap increase next year, and some of the trade assets will be coming off the books. If a team is looking to make a move next year, they probably wouldn't mind a cheap rental.

Context makes players valuable. They don't have to all be superstars.

cjw
06-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Fans think they can trade players they don't want on their team for someone that is why, no clue in hell why the other team would want them if you don't :lol

Exactly, dudes are on that good shit with these trade ideas.

Because you can in video games. If you turn computer override trades on.

SAGirl
06-03-2016, 01:10 PM
I agree they may need to replace him, since they seemed intent on trading all the starters this season. He would be a nice piece to build around with Schroeder. Spurs were one of the names that came up for teague during the season which is why they made sense as a third party. Spurs have something they were interested in. If they're going young rebuild, I could see them liking Anderson's potential.

I think because the spurs have had a graveyard for so long, people have lost the importance of veteran leadership. One of the reasons these young teams don't grow is the lack of veterans to help mold them. Not to mention there's another cap increase next year, and some of the trade assets will be coming off the books. If a team is looking to make a move next year, they probably wouldn't mind a cheap rental.

Context makes players valuable. They don't have to all be superstars.
It all rests on whether Spurs want to deal Tony. I am all for dealing him, but its all on PATFO now. He did make a vague statement that Kawhi had earned the right to have a team built around him, with guys that complement his game, and that LMA had already earned that previously in his career. It could mean they are willing to make some drastic moves, but I guess it's just wait and see at this point.