PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: KD- Bailing or staying?

oh crap
05-31-2016, 01:48 AM
Make a pick and stay with it.

AlexJones
05-31-2016, 02:18 AM
ill bail on ur fkn mother

Silver&Black
05-31-2016, 02:34 AM
Bails

oh crap
05-31-2016, 02:39 AM
Is bailing a easy decision? Beating an on paper great or greatest Spurs team and taking a "historic" GS team to 7 (and choking) enough to make him stay pat or motivation to start again?

HarlemHeat37
05-31-2016, 02:40 AM
He would be an idiot to leave, tbh..

OKC is his best possible location outside of GS(can't join them, though).. young core, continuity, a lot of talent, and most importantly,Westbrook eats all the blame, while Dominos gets a lifetime pass..

Gummi Clutch
05-31-2016, 02:49 AM
if he leaves he gets made out to be the biggest pussy in the league. Its his fault they choked.

Chris
05-31-2016, 02:57 AM
https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fi868.photobucket.com%2Fa lbums%2Fab250%2FZac_Sweeney%2FNBA%2520Photoshops%2 FJersey%2520Switches%2FDurant_finalaa.png&sp=fb2f90151e47bade087bdea23e33e1ef

.G.
05-31-2016, 04:43 AM
Dat niggz is on IH-35S as we speak.

05-31-2016, 04:48 AM
He'll sign a one year deal

Caltex2
05-31-2016, 05:40 AM
Dwight Howard is leaving, so maybe he'd be inspired to come to the Rockets and reunite with Harden.

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 06:02 AM
He'll sign a one year deal

A one plus one player option on the plus.
If he Russ both leave together neither takes the full brunt on their own plus if they stay one more year they dont wonder ifcthey kefy a title team ...my guess is they give okc one more shot.

aussie91
05-31-2016, 06:10 AM
He stays for now but next year will determine if he is there for the long term

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 06:18 AM
He stays for now but next year will determine if he is there for the long term

This..financially makes most dolarts and "cents/sense"

DMC
05-31-2016, 07:02 AM
I say he bails. He thanked the GS ball boys last night. He's overly gracious and has been for half the season. I think he's got that thousand yard stare. He wasn't that upset over losing, perhaps because he's shedding himself of that fucking chucker.

If he stays I'll lose a lot of respect for the guy, but he couldn't care less.

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 07:08 AM
http://shaqfuradio.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/21113516/Shaqkevin-lakers-trade-300x225.jpg

:)

baseline bum
05-31-2016, 07:13 AM
I think he'll sign a 5 year deal to stay in OKC. He's probably too sick of all the FA speculation to sign a 1+1 deal.

djohn2oo8
05-31-2016, 07:17 AM
I think he'll sign a 5 year deal to stay in OKC. He's probably too sick of all the FA speculation to sign a 1+1 deal.

Doesn't a 1 plus 1 deal get him the most money when the cap rises again? If he was sick of the speculation he could have said he isnt going anywhere.

baseline bum
05-31-2016, 07:21 AM
Doesn't a 1 plus 1 deal get him the most money when the cap rises again? If he was sick of the speculation he could have said he isnt going anywhere.

I don't think he wants the media circus all over again. Plus they'd crucify him for leaving after he choked Game 6 and a title away.

djohn2oo8
05-31-2016, 07:24 AM
I don't think he wants the media circus all over again. Plus they'd crucify him for leaving after he choked Game 6 and a title away.

He may stay one more year. They would crucify him for leaving this year, that will die down some next offseason. He is going to have to leave and team up elsewhere to beat GS. Its not happening with Westbrook, who is getting a pass from the media

djohn2oo8
05-31-2016, 07:35 AM
OKC is going to have to go very deep.in the luxury tax to keep this team together.

MultiTroll
05-31-2016, 07:58 AM
Stays one + one.

As stated:
1. Gets max money when cap goes up.
2. Avoids / postpones some of the blame and media glare from his playoff bust.
2a. Gets to leave at same time as Westbrook. Can claim they *have* to. Not enough talent around them. (There is, but they can spin it) ChokeBros.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 08:35 AM
He would be an idiot to leave, tbh..

OKC is his best possible location outside of GS(can't join them, though).. young core, continuity, a lot of talent, and most importantly,Westbrook eats all the blame, while Dominos gets a lifetime pass..

Question: Which core is better - LMA/KD/KL/DG or OKC's current roster? Keep in mind that if he stays, SA gets to re-tool, GS is still there & maybe LAC. If he comes to SA (especially if you think that core is better than OKC's) that also eliminates one of the biggest competitors (OKC).

Fabbs
05-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Question: Which core is better - LMA/KD/KL/DG or OKC's current roster? Keep in mind that if he stays, SA gets to re-tool, GS is still there & maybe LAC. If he comes to SA (especially if you think that core is better than OKC's) that also eliminates one of the biggest competitors (OKC).
You're still gonna have Playoff Pop as coach so who knows how that will end.
Of course the Spurs with Durant would be, well should be better then OKC.

DMC
05-31-2016, 08:54 AM
OKC can't get over the hump. They had their shot back when they had Harden and they blew it. Now they are just struggling to learn a new coach. I don't think that's something I'd want to stick around for, even with their deep run in the playoffs. Hell, McHale made the WCF last year and was fired just a few games later.

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 08:55 AM

Seriously?
With donovan narrowing the gap with Pop I dont see how OKC is not the better overall situation.
Aldridge is a much better scorer than Adams ... but Durant doesnt need a scoring big especially one that likes to shoot from from the same elbow and wings that he likes to shoot from. Adams is the better defender, rim protector and rebounder.
KL and Russ are a wash. Kl the much better defender and more reliable shooter. Russ higher motor fearless and the better play-maker. But Russ plays at a premium position in the modern NBA while KL plays the same position as Durant. The rest of both rosters is a bunch of spare parts tbh ...Good players on both sides but outside of Tony (who this site kills constantly) most of those guys are players that benefit from opportunities generated by the stars.

IF i am KD i would rather play with Russ/Adams/ibaka than KL/Aldridge/Tony

OF course SA has 100x better chance getting KD than the Lakers or Knicks do despite market size ... but I dont think he leaves he signs the one plus one and if russ leaves he may follow suit but I think he stays.

If he was FA the year the Mr. Unreliable article came out ... I would argue he may have left.

DMC
05-31-2016, 08:56 AM
You're still gonna have Playoff Pop as coach so who knows how that will end.
Of course the Spurs with Durant would be, well should be better then OKC.
The post Big 3 era Spurs are an unknown. Durant could be a big part but he could also just be going to another deep playoff team that's over matched by hot 3pt shooting teams and teams with fast PGs. If he leaves, I think GS would be his destination. Lakers would be second choice, because they have a void right now for superstar.

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 09:00 AM
And despite the heat he gets here Pop is a draw if Donovan hadn't done a good job this playoffs I think that would of DEFINITELY been an attractive selling point ...

Clipper Nation
05-31-2016, 09:32 AM
http://shaqfuradio.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/21113516/Shaqkevin-lakers-trade-300x225.jpg

:)
:lol You want that choker, Juan Pablo Alberto? Even Fredo isn't as desperate as you.

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 09:34 AM
KD to SA would not end well. KD > KL offensively. KL can't play SG full time to accommodate him either. And who guards the yard, LMA? I forsee 22-year old Adams pushing his shit in. :lol

KD ain't going to Washington nor will he sign with the Dubs. The only logical choice:

Once he signs with LA, the floodgates will open. FAs will want to play alongside him. They'll even take less to sign with the Lakers. He'd flourish even more so in det Dub offense Luke bringing to SoCal. KD + another max player and Simmons/Ingram is the core of a playoff team. Then we'll have enough cap space to sign another max FA next Summer.

Come ta Lakers, KD. :)

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 09:36 AM
:lol You want that choker, Juan Pablo Alberto? Even Fredo isn't as desperate as you.

:lol

Yep. MJ wasn't shit until Phil made him share the ball. Luke will do the same for KD. :tu

djohn2oo8
05-31-2016, 09:36 AM
Marc Stein posted Durant likely to sign a 2 year deal with opt out after 1.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Seriously?
With donovan narrowing the gap with Pop I dont see how OKC is not the better overall situation.
Aldridge is a much better scorer than Adams ... but Durant doesnt need a scoring big especially one that likes to shoot from from the same elbow and wings that he likes to shoot from. Adams is the better defender, rim protector and rebounder.
KL and Russ are a wash. Kl the much better defender and more reliable shooter. Russ higher motor fearless and the better play-maker. But Russ plays at a premium position in the modern NBA while KL plays the same position as Durant. The rest of both rosters is a bunch of spare parts tbh ...Good players on both sides but outside of Tony (who this site kills constantly) most of those guys are players that benefit from opportunities generated by the stars.

OF course SA has 100x better chance getting KD than the Lakers or Knicks do despite market size ... but I dont think he leaves he signs the one plus one and if russ leaves he may follow suit but I think he stays.

If he was FaAthe year the Mr. Unreliable article came out ... I would argue he may have left.

Yes - very seriously. You seem to underrate many of the Spurs and imply Adams is better than LMA? WB/KL a wash? Ok maybe I buy that but WB seems to be a tough guy to trust where Kawhi has no ego and can take the defensive burden off of KD that Turn over, gambling Russ cannot.

Plus, Danny Green is way better than Roberson too.

I think you are sorely under estimating how good LMA was on defense too. That LMA/KD/KL/DG lineup would easily be the best defensive team in the league.

Even with Ibaka/Adams OKC was mediocre on defense all year and gave up a lot of uncontested shots in the playoffs. If the Spurs wouldn't have missed some open looks and knocked OKC out would you have said what you said?

DMC
05-31-2016, 09:52 AM
Seriously?

If he was FaAthe year the Mr. Unreliable article came out ... I would argue he may have left.
Donovan narrowing the gap with Pop?

lol did you just get ahead of yourself a bit there? Pop is a HOF coach, Donovan just entered the league.

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
:lol at DG being "way better than" Roberson
:lol at LMA's "defense"
:lol at LMA better than Adams overall. Adams defense = LMA's offense
:lol at LMA (PF) KD (SF) KL (SG :lol) DG (PG :lol) lineup
:lol at whoever Spurs plays at center vs Adams
:lol at DPG begging for KD like he Keith Sweat

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 09:54 AM
Donovan narrowing the gap with Pop?

lol did you just get ahead of yourself a bit there? Pop is a HOF coach, Donovan just entered the league.

Billy the Kid 4 wins, Pop 2 wins. Advantage Billy the Kid :downspin:

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 09:58 AM
After 67 wins, I'd think DPG wouldn't resort to begging. :lol

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 09:58 AM
Yes - very seriously. You seem to underrate many of the Spurs and imply Adams is better than LMA? WB/KL a wash? Ok maybe I buy that but WB seems to be a tough guy to trust where Kawhi has no ego and can take the defensive burden off of KD that Turn over, gambling Russ cannot.

Plus, Danny Green is way better than Roberson too.

I think you are sorely under estimating how good LMA was on defense too. That LMA/KD/KL/DG lineup would easily be the best defensive team in the league.

Even with Ibaka/Adams OKC was mediocre on defense all year and gave up a lot of uncontested shots in the playoffs. If the Spurs wouldn't have missed some open looks and knocked OKC out would you have said what you said?

When it mattered most, none of that proved true.
Aldridge did well with an all time great paint anchor, probably the best defensive perimeter defender since the GP/Pippen/Rodman in Detroit era ..., and Green another top 5 defender.
Not saying he didnt do well he did. But I dont think he is all that much of a great defender On defense I would rather have adams just like on offense I would rather have Aldridge ...do you disagree?
Sure KL has much less ego but he also plays teh same position as Durant and both KL and LMA both like to shoot from the sweet spots mid range that Durant prefers.
I just dont see it as a natural fit. Sure Danny green is better than Roberson much better tbh but do you truly think that Danny Green (who is older and probably not ascending) over Roberson will be a factor in his decision?
He will forego money, leave a team that just beat the team he is supposed to join leave a promising big man and a dynamic PG?

i dont see it.

Only way Spurs get KD is this:
He signs the one plus one and Kl keeps climbing next season and as part of Team USA they become best buds Pop sells thedream ala Riles and they decide to superfriend it up like James/Wade placing aldridge in the Bosh/Love role.
Ri

DMC
05-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Billy the Kid 4 wins, Pop 2 wins. Advantage Billy the Kid :downspin:

Pop 5 rings, Billy and every other OKC coach 0

Pop

I know you have low expectations now but goddamn Paco, you're supposed to be a Lakers fan, act like somebody.

DMC
05-31-2016, 10:00 AM
jejejejeje

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 10:46 AM

What?

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 10:51 AM
When it mattered most, none of that proved true.
Aldridge did well with an all time great paint anchor, probably the best defensive perimeter defender since the GP/Pippen/Rodman in Detroit era ..., and Green another top 5 defender.
Not saying he didnt do well he did. But I dont think he is all that much of a great defender On defense I would rather have adams just like on offense I would rather have Aldridge ...do you disagree?
Sure KL has much less ego but he also plays teh same position as Durant and both KL and LMA both like to shoot from the sweet spots mid range that Durant prefers.
I just dont see it as a natural fit. Sure Danny green is better than Roberson much better tbh but do you truly think that Danny Green (who is older and probably not ascending) over Roberson will be a factor in his decision?
He will forego money, leave a team that just beat the team he is supposed to join leave a promising big man and a dynamic PG?

i dont see it.

Only way Spurs get KD is this:
He signs the one plus one and Kl keeps climbing next season and as part of Team USA they become best buds Pop sells thedream ala Riles and they decide to superfriend it up like James/Wade placing aldridge in the Bosh/Love role.
Ri

That's just jargon. That's like saying Russ is a loser because every time it's mattered most he's been a loser who couldn't get it done. By that logic, Kawhi is then wayyyy better than WB & not a wash because he's a champion, finals mvp & 2x DPOy.

You can't have it both ways. You can't call WB/Kawhi a wash with all that Kawhi has done compared to WB and then not analyze what happened when you said "when it mattered most none of that mattered".

The fact OKC beat SA was not because none of that mattered & certainly doesn't change the fact that it's more than reasonable to say Kawhi/KD/LMA/Green is a better higher ceiling core than OKC.

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 11:01 AM
That's just jargon. That's like saying Russ is a loser because every time it's mattered most he's been a loser who couldn't get it done. By that logic, Kawhi is then wayyyy better than WB & not a wash because he's a champion, finals mvp & 2x DPOy.

You can't have it both ways. You can't call WB/Kawhi a wash with all that Kawhi has done compared to WB and then not analyze what happened when you said "when it mattered most none of that mattered".

The fact OKC beat SA was not because none of that mattered & certainly doesn't change the fact that it's more than reasonable to say Kawhi/KD/LMA/Green is a better higher ceiling core than OKC.

I am not saying that what you are saying is false.
I agree the spurs were the better team and won 67 games ...
When it mattered that did not prove itself in the series vs. OKC
The reason it matters is because Durant played in that series.
He saw first hand that Donovan held his own and that by the end of that series they were better than the 67 win Spurs.
Adams even with his improving but limited game was able to impact that series more than any other big and that is even with LMA scorching hot to start the series ...

JamStone
05-31-2016, 11:02 AM
I can see him staying for that one year plus another option as rumors and reports have suggested. But it would be in his best interest to bail this summer.

If I were KD, I'd bail on the entire Western Conference. I'd go to the best fit in the Eastern Conference. And while Washington didn't even make the playoffs this season, if you add Durant to the Wall and Beal and Gortat core, I think that's already the best competition for the Cavs in the East. It's also a good fit for Durant on paper. He gets paid like the franchise superstar, but he'll have John Wall to carry him when he wilts. Getting away from the Western Conference and the multiple power teams to a soft Eastern Conference where any team he goes to will automatically be the 2nd best team in the conference should appeal to him. Having the chance to be perceived as the man, but having a failsafe in John Wall when he can't come through. That's a good situation for him.

And it's close to home, which gave rise to rumors of him going to Washington for the last couple of years anyway.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:07 AM
John Wall couldn't bail anyone out :lol

He's going to be a fail safe for KD when he couldn't make the playoffs in the East?

I don't disagree that going East is an option but there are much better options than Washington (BOS for example).

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
I can see him staying for that one year plus another option as rumors and reports have suggested. But it would be in his best interest to bail this summer.

If I were KD, I'd bail on the entire Western Conference. I'd go to the best fit in the Eastern Conference. And while Washington didn't even make the playoffs this season, if you add Durant to the Wall and Beal and Gortat core, I think that's already the best competition for the Cavs in the East. It's also a good fit for Durant on paper. He gets paid like the franchise superstar, but he'll have John Wall to carry him when he wilts. Getting away from the Western Conference and the multiple power teams to a soft Eastern Conference where any team he goes to will automatically be the 2nd best team in the conference should appeal to him. Having the chance to be perceived as the man, but having a failsafe in John Wall when he can't come through. That's a good situation for him.

And it's close to home, which gave rise to rumors of him going to Washington for the last couple of years anyway.

Not a bad fit with wiz but Celts may be even better if they can make some additional moves.
A good young coach, proven franchise strong front-office. (even if I hate this prick).

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 11:15 AM
What?

Don't be obtuse. You've just had the best RS in franchise history. Now you're begging for KD and tryna justify it. Act like somebody son. :lol

JamStone
05-31-2016, 11:18 AM
John Wall couldn't bail anyone out :lol

He's going to be a fail safe for KD when he couldn't make the playoffs in the East?

I don't disagree that going East is an option but there are much better options than Washington (BOS for example).

Winning and losing, making or missing the playoffs is a team accomplishment or failure. It's not all on Wall. They were a couple wins of squeaking in with Brad Beal missing nearly 30 games.

I happen to believe that adding Durant to the Wizards automatically make them the 2nd best team in the East.

And I do believe Wall would be able to bail Durant out when Durant fails. Wall shares some similarities with Westbrook actually, in not only style of play but ego and confidence. A player like that is a good fit for Durant's sometimes passive personality. Washington was middle of the road defensively last year, but they were bottom 10 offensive team. They were so reliant on Wall and Beal to score. Durant would boost their offensive efficiency a ton.

And there's always that Scott Brooks connection. Durant's favorite head coach. And now he's there in Washington.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:30 AM
I agree that KD would boost WAS but using Wall as some selling point when he's a poor mans Westbrook and KD has the real thing already doesn't resognate to me.

Even if that would make WAS the 2nd best team in the East (I disagree but it's possible) are they really a threat to the Cavs or west team in the finals? I don't think so. KD only leaves for a team he thinks can win the finals and imo no way does WAS check that box.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Don't be obtuse. You've just had the best RS in franchise history. Now you're begging for KD and tryna justify it. Act like somebody son. :lol

Man you're dumb :lol. Love you but I'm getting you a helmet for Christmas.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 11:37 AM
I agree that KD would boost WAS but using Wall as some selling point when he's a poor mans Westbrook and KD has the real thing already doesn't resognate to me.

Even if that would make WAS the 2nd best team in the East (I disagree but it's possible) are they really a threat to the Cavs or west team in the finals? I don't think so. KD only leaves for a team he thinks can win the finals and imo no way does WAS check that box.

Wall being how you put it a poor man's Westbrook is NOT the only selling point, as I already stated the others. 1) Getting away from the Western Conference and the grueling playoff process it would take to get out of the West, 2) Washington being close to home, 3) Scotty Brooks who Durant has made it known was his favorite coach now being the Wizards head coach, 4) being paid as the "man" without having to be the "man" with Wall there

It's not just about Wall being a "poor man's Westbrook." I thought it was obvious when I listed all the other things already as factors and considerations that made Washington a good fit for him.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:46 AM
It was not obvious. The logic you're using applies to all East teams more so than WAS. Your main initial statement was a shot at Durant and mostly about wall. You really went into detail about wall. The rest was fluff that outside of Brooks applies to all teams.

Any team in the East would get KD away from the West. Any team would be the 2nd best team by adding KD. Most every team has a Wall quality player already to "take heat" from KD & he's going to paid like the man anywhere he goes.

There is a ton better fits & when you really look at what you wrote you propping up Wall as someone who can save KD is the only thing (besides Brooks) that matters or is different from any team in the East.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:50 AM
And the overall point is again: KD only leaves if a team offers him a legit shot to win a title over OKC.

Wash, who cant even make the playoffs in the East, is no way a better shot to win than OKC that even in the West was on the cusp of the finals.

Even if he goes east he still has to beat Lebron just to get to the finals & no doubt that OKC is better than was with KD.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Also, also: I'm not saying that the Brooks/Home things don't matter I'm just disagreeing with the outcome if he chooses WAS and that Wall is any selling point

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 11:56 AM
:lol at DG being "way better than" Roberson
:lol at LMA's "defense"
:lol at LMA better than Adams overall. Adams defense = LMA's offense
:lol at LMA (PF) KD (SF) KL (SG :lol) DG (PG :lol) lineup
:lol at whoever Spurs plays at center vs Adams
:lol at DPG begging for KD like he Keith Sweat

This might be the dumbest post all playoffs from you :lol. Congrats!

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 12:20 PM
This might be the dumbest post all playoffs from you :lol. Congrats!

Translation: anyone who disagrees with me is dumb. :lol

Don't get short with me DPG. It's unbecoming. :downspin:

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 12:21 PM
Man you're dumb :lol. Love you but I'm getting you a helmet for Christmas.

Name calling? Yep, DPG Maaaaaaaaad! :lol

JamStone
05-31-2016, 12:22 PM
It was not obvious. The logic you're using applies to all East teams more so than WAS. Your main initial statement was a shot at Durant and mostly about wall. You really went into detail about wall. The rest was fluff that outside of Brooks applies to all teams.

Any team in the East would get KD away from the West. Any team would be the 2nd best team by adding KD. Most every team has a Wall quality player already to "take heat" from KD & he's going to paid like the man anywhere he goes.

There is a ton better fits & when you really look at what you wrote you propping up Wall as someone who can save KD is the only thing (besides Brooks) that matters or is different from any team in the East.

Washington being close to home does not apply to all East teams. Scotty Brooks being the Wizards head coach does not apply to all East teams.

My point about Wall is that he's an all star type player who is the type of player like Westbrook who will have the ball in his hands at the end of games to take pressure off Durant. That being the case, Durant can be paid like the franchise player but will also have a teammate (like Westbrook) who has the balls and the talent to take over the game when it's not Durant's day. Not every team in the East has that type of player. A few do, but not most. So it does not apply to all East teams as well. I'm not talking about joining 30+ year old fading stars like Carmelo or Wade. I'm not talking about unproven up-and-coming stars like the Greek Freak. And teams like Philly, Orlando, Brooklyn, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Detroit don't even have either. That is unless you consider guys like Paul Millsap, Kemba Walker, Reggie Jackson enough star power to take pressure off Durant. I don't. There's only a handful of teams in the East that can offer a guy with John Wall's talents still very much in the prime of their careers. Cleveland obviously but that's not a realistic fit. Paul George, maybe argue the tandem of Lowry/DeRozen, maybe argue Isaiah Thomas in Boston. Who else? That's not "most every team" in the East. That's like one-third of East teams.

You can call it fluff. They were legitimate points.

I don't see the "ton" of better fits. I certainly don't think Boston is a better fit, which you suggested earlier. They have Isaiah Thomas and a bunch of role players. Cap room only gives them an opportunity to add better players, not a certainty that they will. Isaiah Thomas, Durant and guys like Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger? That's a better fit? That's what you seem to think. I don't know what other Eastern team makes better sense.

Washington has all of their other positions set with Wall, Beal, Morris, and Gortat. What they need to improve the most is their team offensive efficiency. Durant fits that need and the SF position.

To me, if Durant were to bail on OKC to go to the Eastern Conference, Washington makes the most sense.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 12:31 PM
Well you calling Wall a star essentially while questioning Millsap, Kemba & Jackson is where we disagree.

Wall can "have balls & talent" all he wants but couldn't drag WAS to the playoffs with a roster you are trying to sell KD on being talented?

It makes no sense but you seem to like Wall. Again, why leave Westbrook for Poorbrook if the team isn't better? Unless you are saying winning isn't the main goal for KD or you just really believe an East non/playoff team is really that talented.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 12:36 PM
So awesome Wall & a solid core that's supposed to be contenders by adding KD is better than Thomas & a bunch of role players that made the playoffs where WAS couldn't.

I'll take the guys who made the playoffs adding KD than the guys who didn't. There's 8 of them that are all better options. Yes including DET who's obviously better than WAS.

djohn2oo8
05-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Winning and losing, making or missing the playoffs is a team accomplishment or failure. It's not all on Wall. They were a couple wins of squeaking in with Brad Beal missing nearly 30 games.

I happen to believe that adding Durant to the Wizards automatically make them the 2nd best team in the East.

And I do believe Wall would be able to bail Durant out when Durant fails. Wall shares some similarities with Westbrook actually, in not only style of play but ego and confidence. A player like that is a good fit for Durant's sometimes passive personality. Washington was middle of the road defensively last year, but they were bottom 10 offensive team. They were so reliant on Wall and Beal to score. Durant would boost their offensive efficiency a ton.

And there's always that Scott Brooks connection. Durant's favorite head coach. And now he's there in Washington.

Durant is not that fond of Brooks

Darth_Pelican
05-31-2016, 01:24 PM
NOLA may make a pitch to him to come play with AD and build around those 2. They have the #6 overall pick to offer and Gordon and Anderson's contracts are both expired. But KD won't consider coming here.

baseline bum
05-31-2016, 01:32 PM

John Wall isn't much of a failsafe. If I'm Durant and I'm going East it's to Boston, not Washington. They have a boatload of capspace and Bradley, Thomas, and Smart on really reasonable deals. And then the third pick this year. That's a team that could really become somebody with KD.

baseline bum
05-31-2016, 01:34 PM
And the media would love Durant making the Celtics relevant again.

UZER
05-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Build around? Durant doesn't have time to build around. He needs to win now. He's 28 already and who knows if his foot will hold up past 32.

DAF86
05-31-2016, 01:58 PM
I think he stays. Way too beta to take the heat of leaving OKC.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 02:41 PM
John Wall isn't much of a failsafe. If I'm Durant and I'm going East it's to Boston, not Washington. They have a boatload of capspace and Bradley, Thomas, and Smart on really reasonable deals. And then the third pick this year. That's a team that could really become somebody with KD.

A boatload of capspace doesn't mean they any add great players with it. That's not tangible. It's hope, conjecture, and hypthetical. The third pick in this draft might net the Celtics a guard like Hield, Murray, or Dunn (which doesn't address their biggest needs) or a project international big in that Bender prospect, who will unlikely make an immediate impact. So you're still talking about Thomas and Bradley (I don't think Smart is very good), a rookie who may or may not be any good, and a bunch of role players.

In Washington, you have a multiple all star at PG, a pretty good and young SG, and two serviceable bigs in Gortat and Morris. They're not great, but I take those two over what Boston has in the frontcourt with guys like Olynyk, Sullinger, Johnson. By adding Durant, Washington has less holes to fill than Boston, and the holes they would still have would be really off the bench depth holes. Adding Durant to Boston, they would still need two major upgrades at PF and C and could stand to upgrade Bradley at SG.

And in the Eastern Conference, it's so wide open and year to year, things can change drastically. Look at what Atlanta did from 2014 to 2015 without any major changes to the core of their roster. From 38 wins to 60 wins in one year. The biggest thing might have been Horford being healthy for most of the year. That's a similar issue with Washington from last year to next season. Beal missed 27 games. Morris was a mid-season acquisition. They were 3 games out of the playoffs with Beal sidelined one-third of the season and with Morris only playing the last couple months on their team. Things can change quickly in the wide open East. Every thing else equal, Washington's roster appears more attractive to me, despite the success Boston had and how bad Washington's record was last season.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 02:44 PM
Durant is not that fond of Brooks

Haven't heard that before. Things I've read make it appear that he not only has respect but a fondness for Brooks.

I have zero inside information. That's just what it seems from stuff I've read online.

DAF86
05-31-2016, 02:44 PM
Boston > Washington

Wall and Beal are overrated, I'd rather take Brad Stevens and Boston's market over those two very flawed players.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 02:47 PM
I think Boston played way over their heads this season. Now that's definitely a credit to Stevens and Thomas who played great. But I think the same Boston team next season would come crashing down to earth and be a .500 team at best.

Spurs9
05-31-2016, 02:48 PM
Bails, how many times you gonna keep trying it with Westbrook

Spurs 4 The Win
05-31-2016, 02:53 PM
Haven't heard that before. Things I've read make it appear that he not only has respect but a fondness for Brooks.

I have zero inside information. That's just what it seems from stuff I've read online.

Agreed, although, having a semi decent coach like Donovan may have opened his eyes

baseline bum
05-31-2016, 02:56 PM
A boatload of capspace doesn't mean they any add great players with it. That's not tangible. It's hope, conjecture, and hypthetical. The third pick in this draft might net the Celtics a guard like Hield, Murray, or Dunn (which doesn't address their biggest needs) or a project international big in that Bender prospect, who will unlikely make an immediate impact. So you're still talking about Thomas and Bradley (I don't think Smart is very good), a rookie who may or may not be any good, and a bunch of role players.

In Washington, you have a multiple all star at PG, a pretty good and young SG, and two serviceable bigs in Gortat and Morris. They're not great, but I take those two over what Boston has in the frontcourt with guys like Olynyk, Sullinger, Johnson. By adding Durant, Washington has less holes to fill than Boston, and the holes they would still have would be really off the bench depth holes. Adding Durant to Boston, they would still need two major upgrades at PF and C and could stand to upgrade Bradley at SG.

And in the Eastern Conference, it's so wide open and year to year, things can change drastically. Look at what Atlanta did from 2014 to 2015 without any major changes to the core of their roster. From 38 wins to 60 wins in one year. The biggest thing might have been Horford being healthy for most of the year. That's a similar issue with Washington from last year to next season. Beal missed 27 games. Morris was a mid-season acquisition. They were 3 games out of the playoffs with Beal sidelined one-third of the season and with Morris only playing the last couple months on their team. Things can change quickly in the wide open East. Every thing else equal, Washington's roster appears more attractive to me, despite the success Boston had and how bad Washington's record was last season.

Thomas is an allstar too. Both Wall and Thomas are high usage low efficiency point guards, but Wall is paid like a star and keeps the Wizards from adding much around him. That third pick could be some nice trade bait to land a bigman and they'd have the money to get Horford or Howard in addition to Durant.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 03:05 PM
Thomas is an allstar too. Both Wall and Thomas are high usage low efficiency point guards, but Wall is paid like a star and keeps the Wizards from adding much around him. That third pick could be some nice trade bait to land a bigman and they'd have the money to get Horford or Howard in addition to Durant.

Wall's contract is more reasonable than you might think. It's about $16 million per year and won't even break $18 million in annual the next three seasons. With the escalating salary cap the next two years, the Wizards have plenty of financial maneuverability, even if and when they extend Beal after next season. They don't have as much cap space as the Celtics or Lakers, but they have something like $45 million in cap space this summer. And again, fewer major holes than Boston.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 03:06 PM
I think Boston played way over their heads this season. Now that's definitely a credit to Stevens and Thomas who played great. But I think the same Boston team next season would come crashing down to earth and be a .500 team at best.

Even if they crashed down & became a 500 team, that's still where WAS was this year.

baseline bum
05-31-2016, 03:07 PM
Wall's contract is more reasonable than you might think. It's about $16 million per year and won't even break $18 million in annual the next three seasons. With the escalating salary cap the next two years, the Wizards have plenty of financial maneuverability, even if and when they extend Beal after next season. They don't have as much cap space as the Celtics or Lakers, but they have something like $45 million in cap space this summer. And again, fewer major holes than Boston.

Thomas' is less than half that.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 03:09 PM
Even if they crashed down & became a 500 team, that's still where WAS was this year.

Right, with Beal's injury. I think Washington even without Durant is better than a .500 team with Beal and Morris healthy all season. My opinion. You obviously don't agree and that's fine.

And as you suggested earlier, you don't think Durant leaves unless it's a title contending team. Boston with Durant isn't title contending either. I don't make that a condition for why he may or may not leave. That's why I added other factors like Washington's proximity to his childhood home and Scotty Brooks, and why those factors may play a role in his decision and why Washington could be a better fit than Boston.

JamStone
05-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Thomas' is less than half that.

Okay, but that doesn't affect my point.

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 03:31 PM

You might be right i felt the same about Nola before this year and the suns, the. year before that ...
Young teams dont always progress as anticipated ...

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 03:57 PM
Right, with Beal's injury. I think Washington even without Durant is better than a .500 team with Beal and Morris healthy all season. My opinion. You obviously don't agree and that's fine.

And as you suggested earlier, you don't think Durant leaves unless it's a title contending team. Boston with Durant isn't title contending either. I don't make that a condition for why he may or may not leave. That's why I added other factors like Washington's proximity to his childhood home and Scotty Brooks, and why those factors may play a role in his decision and why Washington could be a better fit than Boston.

Oh for sure, I don't think BOS or any East team really is the answer, was just saying I definitely don't think WAS is. He could definitely choose them for the reasons you mention but I think it would be a terrible basketball move is what I was saying.

djohn2oo8
05-31-2016, 05:25 PM

With Durant, there is a feeling of been there, done that regarding Brooks.

DPG21920
05-31-2016, 05:27 PM
To me, if winning is the goal, OKC, GS & SA are only teams that make sense. If it's off court stuff then LA is possible. If it's just something different but decent and comforting then Was can come into play.

DMC
05-31-2016, 05:51 PM
Looking back on it, was it almost the perfect place to breed a friendship? New franchise, you’re in a new city, not a big city, both around the same age, probably almost forced to hang out with each other.

Yeah, to be honest, we could’ve done it anywhere. Oklahoma City was just a great spot for us, our starting spot, but we could’ve done it anywhere. Because our personalities matched, what we wanted as basketball players, that matched. What we liked off the court, everything, it just matched. As men, you grow up and you figure out what you want and you like and we’ve kinda grown apart but not in a bad way. I’m figuring out what my lane is as a man. He’s married, starting his own family, so it’s a little different now. But as men, we respect each other. We know where we came from. -KD

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 05:54 PM
To me, if winning is the goal, OKC, GS & SA are only teams that make sense. If it's off court stuff then LA is possible. If it's just something different but decent and comforting then Was can come into play.

PTI mentioned Clippers as a potential destination. Blake going to OKC with KD teaming with CP.

Silver&Black
05-31-2016, 06:53 PM
20-20 tie right now...

whitemamba
05-31-2016, 07:01 PM
I think he stays tbh, if he signs a 1 year , isnt he eligible for like a 200 million dollar max extension..?

Clipper Nation
05-31-2016, 07:02 PM
PTI mentioned Clippers as a potential destination. Blake going to OKC with KD teaming with CP.
I can see it now: OKC beating us in the playoffs as Choke Paul and Durbeta play hot potato down the stretch. Blake looking like prime Hakeem and Alphabrook taking a shit in Choke's mouth. :vomit:

K...
05-31-2016, 07:48 PM
I can see it now: OKC beating us in the playoffs as Choke Paul and Durbeta play hot potato down the stretch. Blake looking like prime Hakeem and Alphabrook taking a shit in Choke's mouth. :vomit:

But Austin rivers is just entering his prime

Mitch
05-31-2016, 07:54 PM

Heard your sisters got caught up, Ernesto. My condolences

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/shared/npr/styles/x_large/nprshared/201605/480085917.jpg

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 08:55 PM
Heard your sisters got caught up, Ernesto. My condolences

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/shared/npr/styles/x_large/nprshared/201605/480085917.jpg

:lol

Killakobe81
05-31-2016, 09:39 PM

I mentioned that a while back ...good trade for both teams if blake is healthy.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-31-2016, 10:01 PM

Downgrade for both imo

LkrFan
05-31-2016, 11:29 PM

Agreed...so I hope it doesn't happen.

99 Problems
06-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Agree Lakers have the void and he probably likes the idea but clock ticking and no LO'B coming to LA in next few years. If he considers our beloved Spur he does never have to compete with Kiwi ever again. Not in regular or any playoff series. Plus Kawa destroys all other scoring threats all day everyday making KD look the premier man again. Not sold on the GSW talk. Fwiw that GSW core will be busted soon anyway once Steef gets paid and others also expand the payroll. Even on court the league has started to work out death lineup. You don't stay Kang in this league for long anymore with so manypeople plotting to bring you down.

:claw

Killakobe81
06-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Downgrade for both imo

If Durant is leaving how many top 20 players could you realistically get in return? A healthy Blake is more valuable thsn even the sixers #1 pick. Unless they could flip Durant for kiwi, Kat or ADavis ...not many good choices especially if alternative is they walk for nothing in return ...

AlexJones
06-01-2016, 12:18 PM
He'll do just fine as Steph's beta. He should do it IMO. Be the villain

Brazil
06-01-2016, 12:34 PM
He should go East tbh. That would be good for him and for the NBA. KD in Boston would make sense more imo than WAS

DPG21920
06-01-2016, 02:06 PM
I honestly don't see going East as any sort of logic. He would still have to go through Lebron and then to win he's still going to have to go through GS/SA/LAC.

I would rather be on a really good team that has a chance to beat all of the good teams than a mediocre team because that means you only have to be 2 great teams vs 3 to win it all (it's not even guaranteed you have to beat both SA/GS every year either).

The Gemini Method
06-01-2016, 02:31 PM
It just makes financial sense to stay in OKC for the next year w/player option. I know it has been said a thousand times already. But imagine coming off another playoff run and maybe even a possible Finals appearance in '17 to bolster the max contract you'll get. It also gives you an out from the tumultuous relationship with Westbrook whom is also a UFA next summer and it deflects some of the incendiary media reports. I think Jamstone has some valid points with the return to Washington. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm certainly not sure the bright lights of L.A. would suit him. He can barely piece together a cognizant interview and loathes the spotlight. L.A. would be vicious as would New York.

DPG21920
06-01-2016, 03:27 PM
If Durant is leaving how many top 20 players could you realistically get in return? A healthy Blake is more valuable thsn even the sixers #1 pick. Unless they could flip Durant for kiwi, Kat or ADavis ...not many good choices especially if alternative is they walk for nothing in return ...

One idea that I heard that makes more sense is swapping CP3 for Westbrook.

Blake is a talented player, but they already have 3 good bigs. He would just be overkill for OKC with Adams, Ibaka, Blake & Kanter.

CP3 gets a more stable, defensive PG for KD and WB paired with explosive bigs like Blake/DJ could be nice return for an older CP3.

spurtech09
06-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Stays

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2016, 01:32 AM
his staying, makes no point going to a rebuilding team, even if its out easts

unless he jumps onto a contender who can fit him into their salary cap....

Killakobe81
06-02-2016, 07:16 AM
One idea that I heard that makes more sense is swapping CP3 for Westbrook.

Blake is a talented player, but they already have 3 good bigs. He would just be overkill for OKC with Adams, Ibaka, Blake & Kanter.

CP3 gets a more stable, defensive PG for KD and WB paired with explosive bigs like Blake/DJ could be nice return for an older CP3.

True, Deeps.
But a couple things ...
When i called for that trade Adams had not developed yet and Ibaka regressed...
That isnt a bad idea though ...