PDA

View Full Version : The team who beat the SPURS are cursed?

spursparker9
05-31-2016, 06:59 AM
Since 2003, has there been any team that beat the Spurs and go on to win the title?

Other than 2013 Finals, which obviously you are the champion after you beat the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 07:00 AM
No.. It just shows how garbage the teams Poopovich lost to were. They weren't championship material

Mal
05-31-2016, 09:46 AM
No.. It just shows how garbage the teams Poopovich lost to were. They weren't championship material

Or maybe they had nothing left in tank after beating Spurs

daslicer
05-31-2016, 09:57 AM

I think these teams prepare and approach the Spurs in a different manner compared to other opponents. To some degree the spurs stereotype of being a smart fundamentally sound team hurts them because it causes the opponent to play smart and as a cohesive unit. These teams know they can't beat the Spurs by playing iso ball. The Spurs are the equivalent to that hard class you take in college in which you know you can't slack off in or else you will fail. I feel after these teams eliminate the Spurs they go back to playing undisciplined thinking they can now get away with it since they are not dealing with the spurs anymore but fail to realize you can't win a title playing without discipline.

sananspursfan21
05-31-2016, 10:20 AM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/deez-nuts-guy.png

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 10:21 AM
Look at the last 2 seasons, both the Clippers and Thunder had enough in the tank to go up 3-1, but they choked. They were pretenders and Pop blew it twice.

Unforgivable tbh, any other coach would've gotten fired after an early exit with the roster we had on paper.

Ice009
05-31-2016, 10:41 AM
As I said in another thread, it's because they shouldn't have won against the Spurs in the first place.

There is not many years where I thought a team has legitimately beaten the Spurs. Since 2002, only 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015 are the few clear cut years where I felt we lost without any bullshit. Those other teams that so called "beat" the Spurs in some of those other years weren't prepared cause they weren't good enough to be there in the first place. Most of those teams probably falsely thought they were great after getting past the Spurs, but in reality they needed help to get past the Spurs and were then exposed later on in the playoffs for being shit.

sammy
05-31-2016, 11:13 AM
As I said in another thread, it's because they shouldn't have won against the Spurs in the first place.

There is not many years where I thought a team has legitimately beaten the Spurs. Since 2002, only 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015 are the few clear cut years where I felt we lost without any bullshit. Those other teams that so called "beat" the Spurs in some of those other years weren't prepared cause they weren't good enough to be there in the first place. Most of those teams probably falsely thought they were great after getting past the Spurs, but in reality they needed help to get past the Spurs and were then exposed later on in the playoffs for being shit.

I agree! Spurs curse lives on! Teams that get by the Spurs with the refs help are doomed! Karma has a way of working and justice is served!

Kawhitstorm
05-31-2016, 01:07 PM
Look at the last 2 seasons, both the Clippers and Thunder had enough in the tank to go up 3-1, but they choked. They were pretenders and Pop blew it twice.

Unforgivable tbh, any other coach would've gotten fired after an early exit with the roster we had on paper.

Porker has been the "Floor General" throughout it all.:wakeup

05-31-2016, 02:17 PM

TDomination
05-31-2016, 02:18 PM
I think these teams prepare and approach the Spurs in a different manner compared to other opponents. To some degree the spurs stereotype of being a smart fundamentally sound team hurts them because it causes the opponent to play smart and as a cohesive unit. These teams know they can't beat the Spurs by playing iso ball. The Spurs are the equivalent to that hard class you take in college in which you know you can't slack off in or else you will fail. I feel after these teams eliminate the Spurs they go back to playing undisciplined thinking they can now get away with it since they are not dealing with the spurs anymore but fail to realize you can't win a title playing without discipline.

I could see this being very true.

And unfortunately whether its bad officiating, bad coaching, bad playing, it all seems to happen all at the same time when these loses occur. But even after all that, 2 made jumpshots would have essentially put us in the WCF. But we all know that story where 1 rebound would have given us a championship. Oh well, there will ALWAYS be next year.

mudyez
05-31-2016, 02:31 PM
2004 Lakers
2006 Mavs
2008 Lakers
2009 Mavs
2010 Suns
2011 Grizz
2012 Sonics
2015 Clippers
2016 Sonics

05-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Porker has been the "Floor General" throughout it all.:wakeup
Kawhi has been the number one option through it all :wakeup

Kawhitstorm
05-31-2016, 03:11 PM

Since 2003, has there been any team that beat the Spurs and go on to win the title?

Kawhi:
-NBA draft: 2011, Indiana Pacers (Round: 1 / Pick: 15)

Porker:
-NBA draft: 2001 / Round: 1 / Pick: 28th overall Selected by the San Antonio Spurs
-Playing career: 2001–present (San Antonio Spurs)

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 03:23 PM
Leading teams to embarrassing losses to teams that went on and choked 3-1 leads :lol

05-31-2016, 06:04 PM
Leading teams to embarrassing losses to teams that went on and choked 3-1 leads :lol
:lol

:depressed

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 06:20 PM
:lol

:depressed
:pop: Forget the Big 3, you're the Big 1 Kahwi

*goes on and recruits Lamarcus and Durant*

dreamerspur
06-01-2016, 03:05 AM
One can say that the 2013 Heat got their taste of the curse in the 2014 Finals rematch in which they got shredded apart by the hands of the Spurs. And we all know what happened to the Heat in the summer of 2014 following that defeat