PDA

View Full Version : Best SNL generation ever?

Chris
10-02-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm going with the 90's crew because mainly I grew up with them and they had tons of talent. Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, David Spade to name a few. Which generation is your favorite and why?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Ditto. My mom got me into the old old school gilda radner dan aykroyd crew, which was funny, but i really couldn't fully relate to them like i did with the ones i grew up with.

T Park
10-02-2005, 01:20 AM
First generation.

Murray Belushi Akroyd Murphy

come the fuck on.

David Spade isnt half as funny as Bill Murray.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 01:22 AM
No argument there. Bill Murray is a funny ass guy too.

But Chris Farley was easily the greatest....his funniness was only outweighed by his fatness. Or was it the other way around?

Anyways. Farley, Sandler, Meyers, Carvey, man Dana Carvey's impressions OWNED.

can i finish? can i finish?

Vashner
10-02-2005, 01:23 AM
I don't like the people they have now. They are not like super funny like Farley, Murphy, Chevy Chase etc...

I remember freaking out on Eddie's Mr Rogers Hood..

"Now kids.. go tell mommy she's a Bitch"....

I mean my whole family like freaked out... no one EVER said anything like that on tv...

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 01:25 AM
The people they have on their now wouldn't be fit to lace Chevy Chase's shoes.

They all freakin suck, imo. I seriously have not laughed once at that show in AGES until mike meyers/kanye west thing tonight. And thats only cuz Meyer's facial expressions are priceless.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 01:26 AM
LOL. Remember when Martin Lawrence hosted and started babbling about stinky feminine areas and hoes during his monologue. He got alot of shit for that one.

baseline bum
10-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Will Ferrell alone is better than any other crew SNL has ever had, including the days when they had Chris Rock or when they had John Belushi.

baseline bum
10-02-2005, 01:28 AM
LOL. Remember when Martin Lawrence hosted and started babbling about stinky feminine areas and hoes during his monologue. He got alot of shit for that one.

He got a lifetime ban from NBC for that one! :lmao

SequSpur
10-02-2005, 01:30 AM
There have been alot of great talents to come out of SNL.

But I agree, lately, there is a bunch of dipshits on the show. It just seems lame, but I am sure it will pick up again.

Chris
10-02-2005, 01:32 AM
It's only a matter of time really.

Chris
10-02-2005, 01:41 AM
60's

It started in 1975.

Vashner
10-02-2005, 01:42 AM
He was not SNL but he hung out with them (10 movies with SNL folks).. John Candy..
I think he hosted SNL once or twice..

samikeyp
10-02-2005, 01:44 AM
But Chris Farley was easily the greatest....his funniness was only outweighed by his fatness. Or was it the other way around?

See Belushi, John.

ZStomp
10-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Will Ferrell was part of the Mike Myers,Dana Carvey,Chris Farley,Chris Rock,David Spade,Adam Sandler???

ZStomp
10-02-2005, 01:46 AM
First generation.

Murray Belushi Akroyd Murphy

come the fuck on.

David Spade isnt half as funny as Bill Murray.

Why do you get angry a lot?

Vashner
10-02-2005, 01:53 AM
David was uber in Joe Dirt...

samikeyp
10-02-2005, 02:06 AM
My favorite is the Myers-Carvey-Miller group but IMO, the best was the original cast. From them all the others grew.

GoldToe
10-02-2005, 02:48 AM
70's without a doubt.

Mixability
10-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Why do you get angry a lot?

right? stupid bandwaggoning bitch! :lol

ZStomp
10-02-2005, 04:55 AM
right? stupid bandwaggoning bitch! :lol

is it me or does he jump on everyone..ok not everyone..but like he takes this toooo serious.....calm down boy..you gonna pop a vein....

scott
10-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Have we forgotten Phil Hartman already?

angel_luv
10-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Confession: I've never watched an entire SNL show.

ObiwanGinobili
10-02-2005, 08:37 AM
I voted 90's...... thats when I was growng up.. those are the guys/gals I love.
Hartman, Myers, Sandler, Farley etc etc... :lmao :lmao wow.

a very very close second would be the original 70's cast - they were pure genius!
( land shark!!! ) But as other's have said, it wasn't my era so I don;t connect 100% with everything they did. EX: political or news of the day skits.

ObiwanGinobili
10-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Have we forgotten Phil Hartman already?

ladies and gentleman of the jury.... I'm just a cave man... your lights adn machines.. they frighten me...

:lol

Jelly
10-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure about the best, but the worst it the current generation.

Jelly
10-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Also, you left off some of the most talented (Phil Hartman, Jon Lovitz) and included the no-talents (Adam Sandler, Chris Farley)

SpursWoman
10-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Because "it was the generation you grew up in" doesn't make it the funniest by default... :lol

The 80's was the best. Weekend update has never been the same since Dennis Miller left the show.... :depressed

SpursWoman
10-02-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure about the best, but the worst it the current generation.

Definitely...it sucks now. :(

samikeyp
10-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Weekend update has never been the same since Dennis Miller left the show....

very true!

Vashner
10-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Yea Weekend update is now Bush bash update... that's all the focus on.

Not that political humor is not ok.. hey fine if they want to do that.. but sometimes it's not funny..

samikeyp
10-02-2005, 10:26 AM
To be fair though....when Clinton was in office it was the same thing, and Bush sr, and Reagan and Carter. All the presidents have taken a lot of shit from SNL over the years. Phil Hartman's Reagan imitation was underrated. :)

Jelly
10-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Phil Hartman's Reagan imitation was underrated. :)

as was Jon Lovitz's Mike Dukakis :lol

samikeyp
10-02-2005, 10:34 AM
ACTING! :lol

Jelly
10-02-2005, 10:38 AM
or, remember this...

"I can't believe I'm losing to this guy"

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Dennis Miller was the best weekend update guy of all time. Wait. No it's a tie between him and Kevin Nealon.

I liked them both. Miller was so much less conservative back then.

SpursWoman
10-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh crap, I forgot about him....I liked Kevin Nealon at it, too.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Norm McDonald was good too, but he had a very different style than we were accustomed to. I liked him, others HATED him. Remember when he kept referring back to "Clinton's bent penis" over and over again?

Rofl

Jekka
10-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Norm McDonald was good too, but he had a very different style than we were accustomed to. I liked him, others HATED him. Remember when he kept referring back to "Clinton's bent penis" over and over again?

Rofl

Norm McDonald was great - Colin Quinn is my vote for worst Weekend Update.

ObiwanGinobili
10-02-2005, 11:25 AM

i agree with you there. And I absolutely love colin quinn. but weekend update was not a place he shoulda been.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 11:33 AM

Hahahaha, yeah he was less funny than Jimmy Fallon.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Hahahaha, yeah he was less funny than Jimmy Fallon.

Jimmy Fallon was the most worthless Weekend Update guy ever. Did he ever get through reading a single damn joke off the teleprompter without laughing like a six year old? And then they'd cart out that tub Horatio Sanz and they would giggle at each other like they were high or something.

I'd give Nealon the nod for the best anchor there, although nothing will ever top the Dan Akroyd-Jane Curtin "Point/Counterpoint" discussion.

"Jane, you ignorant slut..."

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Jimmy Fallon was the most worthless Weekend Update guy ever. Did he ever get through reading a single damn joke off the teleprompter without laughing like a six year old? And then they'd cart out that tub Horatio Sanz and they would giggle at each other like they were high or something.

I'd give Nealon the nod for the best anchor there, although nothing will ever top the Dan Akroyd-Jane Curtin "Point/Counterpoint" discussion.

"Jane, you ignorant slut..."

OMG you hit it right on the nail.
I've never seen someone break character and laugh during a skit so much as Jimmy Fallon, and somehow get praised for it. It was like his 'thing' was to break character and laugh....so fucking weak.

I like Horatio Sanz, because his fatness makes him funny. But Jimmy Fallon was ridiculously un-funny.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Keenan is on SNL and Kel is hosting a dance show on UPN lol.
Give me mad tv any day. At least they got people who do damn good impressions.

Fonzie
10-02-2005, 04:36 PM
The 70's were cool.

bigzak25
10-03-2005, 12:25 PM
70's
Dan Aykroyd (good comic, funny guy)

John Belushi (GREAT comic, much pain, died tragically)

Chevy Chase (good comic, too arrogant, only funny in seems like old times Vacation, and Fletch, oh and 3 Amigos!)

Speaking of which, STEVE MARTIN!!! Awesome Comic and Actor!

Bill Murray (good comic, Great actor, getting his rewards late in his career)

80's
Eddie Murphy (ONE of the GREATEST comics, needs to reclaim his 1984 edge, I want bev hills cop 4, shit goes down in detroit...Axel Foley is an Awesome Character...I want to see him again)

Billy Crystal (Great Comic)

Martin Short (good comic)

Dennis Miller (good comic, very smart, and conservative now, so thats a plus :tu)

90's -Mike Myers (great comic, funny and loyal to his wife and family)

Dana Carvey (great comic, one of my favorites)

Chris Farley (GREAT comic, like belushi, much pain, dies tragically)

Chris Rock (Great comic, very funny, very smart, no bullshit, tells it like it is)

David Spade (okay comic. is best as sidekick. i.e. to farley, i.e. to everyone on that tv show he was on, will now have the Hollywood minute spinoff show...where he makes fun of everyone famous...he's good at it...it's where he started, but the poking of celebrities will burn bridges for him, I like him...i hope it works out)

Adam Sandler (Great comic, was very insecure, many characters from that...but has much control over emotions which is what comedy is all about)

Will Ferrell (has gotten better...he's a funny guy that is living off Frank the Tank fame...never saw anchorman...it looked boring...never saw bewtiched, never saw that soccer movie he made...i liked Night at the Roxbury with him and Kattan...never liked his cheerleader routines, but i Love his Jeopardy fights with Connery and I loved his Bush impersonation and of course Harry Carey impersonations...)

00's
-Darrell Hammond (very funny, very underated)

Horatio Sanz (headliner face and body, his talent is catching up)

Jimmy Fallon (pretty face with talent, but Godbless him, he's made me laff a few times),

Tracy Morgan (very funny, miss him on the show)

Ana Gasteyer (she's hilarious as well, i'll never forget her salty balls skit with alec baldwin...i think she did the Martha Stewart impressions as well...)

Tina Fey (what can I say, brilliant woman, very smart, and yeah, very pretty...I have a small crush on her, but I think it's just her talent...and long brunette hair and glasses...:lol)

As many have said, do not forget

Phil Hartman (one of the BEST EVER on the show, sadness, died tragically)

John Lovitz (very funny)

there is another lady that I had a crush on in the late 80's early 90's...can't remember...maybe Jan Hooks, but i'm not sure...

and don't forget Sarah Silverman who is Awesome, but was never used properly on the show....

and Janeane Garroffalo (spelling) as she was VERY good on the show as well...

I voted 80's, but so much talent in the 90's....

if Eddie was on the show in 85?

I'm gonna cheat and vote 85-95 years....:)

ClintSquint
10-03-2005, 12:26 PM
There must be some young voters.

tlongII
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM
The 70's was the best by far. Chevy Chase was the best at Weekend Update. I choose the original.

MiNuS
10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
90's SNL!

The most talented and most created of all the generations.

1)90's
2)80's
3)70's
4)00's

IMO

I was only in kinder in 1979.

edit: Horatio Sanz is the funniest of the new crew.He's funny looking.

2Blonde
10-03-2005, 12:45 PM
70's

Landshark
Samurai Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Pepsi
Emily Litella (Gilda Radner)
Weekend Update w/Chevy Chase
Rosanne Rosannadanna
The Coneheads
Point/Counterpoint

tlongII
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
70's

Landshark
Rosanne Rosannadanna
The Coneheads
Point/Counterpoint

Don't forget The Mexican Killer Bees!

2Blonde
10-03-2005, 12:51 PM
I can't believe I forgot them. I loved the Killer bees. :lmao

samikeyp
10-03-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.tvacres.com/images/landshark_bw_small.jpg

"candygram." :lol

whottt
10-03-2005, 01:17 PM
70's

Landshark
Rosanne Rosannadanna
The Coneheads
Point/Counterpoint

Don't forget Mr.Bill, and TWO WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!

Or the Blues Brothers...

Opinionater
10-03-2005, 01:20 PM
IMHO, the original not ready for prime time players were the best.

Vashner
10-03-2005, 01:21 PM
No coke! PEPSI!

Also the Samuri Laundry... hahahahaha...

If the customer complained about the work he would threaten to kill himself with sword hahaha

bigzak25
10-04-2005, 12:08 AM
i saw the 3 amigos today...Chase, Martin and Short...all destroying the bad guys and showing the people of Santa Poco how to defeat El Guapo...how they had the power to defeat him all along, they just didn't know how...and making us laff all the way...Classic Movie! :lmao :tu