PDA

View Full Version : DURANT'S 4th quarter clutch moves

poop
05-31-2016, 12:12 PM
Durants big -game 4th quarter plays:

1. Dribble, make move, throw ball into stands
2. Dribble, make move, fall down, turnover
3. Immediately chuck ill-advised long 3

I dont want durant on the spurs. Biggest paper-tiger, empty-numbers guy ive ever seen.

Never seen anyone put up such inpressive numbers yet have so little actual impact on a game.

Durant bascially = tracy mcgrady

HarlemHeat37
05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Nice thread, tbh:lol..

look_at_g_shred
05-31-2016, 12:21 PM

This about Westbrook?

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 12:27 PM
Kawhi's go-to crunch time moves:

1) dribble dribble dribble, settle for a midrange brick
2) drive to the paint, get fouled, split free throws
3) miss open threes in the 4th quarter like in Game 4

SPURt
05-31-2016, 12:30 PM

4) stand in corner and watch Tony Parker execute #1

Horse
05-31-2016, 12:33 PM

We know this is bullshit cause he can't get a call in the 4th.

Crazymaddopeyo
05-31-2016, 12:54 PM

Complaining about having Kawhi on the team? What a privileged fuck.

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 01:27 PM
In the 4 losses Spurs had to OKC, Kawhi averaged 3.25 points in the 4th quarter (6 of the 13 points came in Game 6 garbage time)

For the WHOLE series, Kawhi shot 8-22 (36.4%) in the 4th quarter

-21-
05-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Andre Iguodala doe. Dat dude clutch.

Spurtacular
05-31-2016, 04:04 PM
Durant is smart enough to know the value of a system. Kawhi, LMA and Durant would be a three headed beast.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2016, 04:05 PM
Durant is smart enough to know the value of a system.

Since when? He certainly doesn't show it down the stretch of games when he says "fuck a system" and starts iso-chucking.

Spurtacular
05-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Since when? He certainly doesn't show it down the stretch of games when he says "fuck a system" and starts iso-chucking.

That's a culture byproduct more than an ego issue, imo.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2016, 04:24 PM
That's a culture byproduct more than an ego issue, imo.

They already changed the culture by dumping Harden's toxic ass and Scott Brooks, and he still does it.

LittleCriminal
05-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Id put KD clutchness right under Kobes...

Spurs 4 The Win
05-31-2016, 04:27 PM

I dont want durant on the spurs. Biggest paper-tiger, empty-numbers guy ive ever seen.

Never seen anyone put up such inpressive numbers yet have so little actual impact on a game.

:lmao You are such a stupid faggot if you actually mean that. If Durant or any Top 10 player wants to come here, I welcome them with open arms. Especially one who can help with our struggling offense. Get real dude. :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
05-31-2016, 04:29 PM

Yeah these people are dumb as bricks. We have elite talent and a playoff contending team and they bitch and bitch and bitch. Look at LA, nobody is entitled to success in the NBA, nobody will give a fuck if we arent good, enjoy what we have while we have it.

poop
05-31-2016, 04:35 PM
I do mean it.

Durant -aldridge-leonard would be the ultimate on-paper championship lineup, they would probably win 65ish games and dominate regular season then when it really counts, when the real killers come out, they would probably all fold.
I love kawhi and all but honestly can you imagine that trio in the critical 4th quarter possessions in big playoff do or die games lmao?? All 3 of them would basically be competing to see who could get the ball out of their hands the fastest with big doe-eyed looks on their faces, and some team that maybe didnt win as many games but has an actual killer on their team takes the game and their lunch money

cd98
05-31-2016, 04:43 PM
I do mean it.

Durant -aldridge-leonard would be the ultimate on-paper championship lineup, they would probably win 65ish games and dominate regular season then when it really counts, when the real killers come out, they would probably all fold.
I love kawhi and all but honestly can you imagine that trio in the critical 4th quarter possessions in big playoff do or die games lmao?? All 3 of them would basically be competing to see who could get the ball out of their hands the fastest with big doe-eyed looks on their faces, and some team that maybe didnt win as many games but has an actual killer on their team takes the game and their lunch money

Ok so who are the real clutch playoff performers that you prefer over Durant and how do you plan to get them on a Spurs roster?

DeRozan m8
05-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Tony Parkers 4th quarter clutch moves -

- Shoot a low %, 20ft contested 2
- Turn the ball over
- Play terrible D
- Eat a croissant

RD2191
05-31-2016, 05:09 PM

- Turn the ball over
- Play terrible D
- Eat a croissant
Lmao

Clipper Nation
05-31-2016, 05:18 PM

- Turn the ball over
- Play terrible D
- Eat a croissant
- Tissot

still.focused
05-31-2016, 05:22 PM
Yeah these people are dumb as bricks. We have elite talent and a playoff contending team and they bitch and bitch and bitch. Look at LA, nobody is entitled to success in the NBA, nobody will give a fuck if we arent good, enjoy what we have while we have it.

I think we are at least slightly at fault for expecting bitches to do anything other than what bitches do which is be bitches & bitch

TheGoldStandard
05-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Some people are just totally nuts. Durant would be an awesome addition to the Spurs and would pretty much shore up any offensive disparities we have had over the last 2 seasons since the championship run. Durant would basically mean you couldn't double team any one of the New Big 3 as long as they were on the floor together. It opens up passing lanes, ball movement and the better shot. It adds the length you need to play defense against teams that always burn us because they're more athletic.

Adding Durant will also help attract other players who want to play next to stars especially when the cap explodes the following seasons.

What does it mean though? Well, that means that the team will need to create the cap space needed in order to pay for this addition so either Green or Parker would have to go and hopefully it would be Parker. If Green goes then the Spurs will need to shop for a Combo guard who can guard the 1&2 and can shoot.

south side spur
05-31-2016, 05:50 PM
I think we are at least slightly at fault for expecting bitches to do anything other than what bitches do which is be bitches & bitch

Would a bitch misinterpret someone who points out Kawhi's flaws as "complaining Kawhi's on the team?" Constantly redirect blame to his teammates and coaches when he underperforms? Praise his ability to play both ends and complain that he doesn't get enough minutes while simultaneously stating that 4th quarter lapses are a result of his fatigue and is the result of having to play both ends? Just curious.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-31-2016, 05:56 PM

Notice how he never got the ball in the flow of the offense? There is a reason why they started isolating him to get him th ball. GSW was playing good ball denial but Russ is a shitty distributor unless he is dishing off penetration.

DMC
The definition of clutch:

Their guy who hits the dagger against us, 3-21, who's own fans think he's a piece of shit chucker. That guy is clutch.

Anti-clutch:

Our guy who carried our team all game and missed a FT at one point and we lost by one.

Mnky
In the 4 losses Spurs had to OKC, Kawhi averaged 3.25 points in the 4th quarter (6 of the 13 points came in Game 6 garbage time)

DMC
Notice how he never got the ball in the flow of the offense? There is a reason why they started isolating him to get him th ball. GSW was playing good ball denial but Russ is a shitty distributor unless he is dishing off penetration.
Sounds like Choo Choo.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-31-2016, 05:58 PM
I do mean it.

In the playoffs where teams are anticipating plays and taking away spots, great players make a difference moreso in the regular season. This take is ignorant as hell.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2016, 06:00 PM
Id put KD clutchness right under Kobes...

Since some people think Kobe's actually a clutch player, I'm not sure what you mean by this statement.

tholdren
05-31-2016, 06:53 PM
We know this is bullshit cause he can't get a call in the 4th.
he only splits in closeout games in the finals tbh

bic50
05-31-2016, 07:10 PM

Alright let's trade him so your bitch ass will stfu already.

cd98
05-31-2016, 07:12 PM
In fairness, if Durant joined forces with Kawhi, GSW would have to put a weaker defender on one of those two bc They only have one Igudola. And Thompson would get lit up by either Durant or Kawhi. And Green would have to guard LMA in a mismatch.

TheDoctor
05-31-2016, 07:23 PM
:pop: - It's just basketball. Get over yourselves.

Spurtacular
05-31-2016, 07:55 PM
They already changed the culture by dumping Harden's toxic ass and Scott Brooks, and he still does it.

Taking away Harden just took away the scorer who could put them over the top. Brooks sucked; not sure Donovan is that much better. Durant was playing hero ball because they don't have the right parts for clutch time otherwise.

LittleCriminal
05-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Since some people think Kobe's actually a clutch player, I'm not sure what you mean by this statement.

Kobe Sux
Kd sux too
In the clutch.

skulls138
05-31-2016, 09:40 PM
I keep on changing my mind about KD. I cant stand how him and RW got their shit together for the Spurs but lost it against GSW. Just fucking chucking low percentage shots at the rim, hoping their talent will rescue them. Cant turn that kind of talent down but hes got no plan to his game or signature move, it seems so improvisational and show offy. Got nothing solid to turn to when the shit hits the fan, same with RW. Not the same with GSW, thus the result.

TheGoldStandard
05-31-2016, 09:48 PM
I keep on changing my mind about KD. I cant stand how him and RW got their shit together for the Spurs but lost it against GSW. Just fucking chucking low percentage shots at the rim, hoping their talent will rescue them. Cant turn that kind of talent down but hes got no plan to his game or signature move, it seems so improvisational and show offy. Got nothing solid to turn to when the shit hits the fan, same with RW. Not the same with GSW, thus the result.

It wasn't just Durant and Westbrook going off, the reason the Spurs were beat had to do with the role players showing up for OKC, same thing with the GSW series.. Adams and Kanter came up big in those games, Waiters had that one game where he was shooting lights out, Roberson had some consistency and was playing with confidence. Durant is a skilled guy but he has a tendency to fall into a comfortable groove waiting for the ball to come his way in that offense since Westbrook is always running that show.

Capt Bringdown
05-31-2016, 10:03 PM
I keep on changing my mind about KD. I cant stand how him and RW got their shit together for the Spurs but lost it against GSW.

Well, they did get their shit together enough to go up 3-1 against the champs, who were coming off a NBA record-shattering regular season. And then I think the moment got too much for them.
They thought that hero ball would get them past GSW once that got up 3-1.
Morons, really.

skulls138
05-31-2016, 10:08 PM
It wasnt just "going off", it was trusting each other and shooting high percentage shots in rhythm. Yeah when they got their groove on they started chucking successfully but that was after getting in the groove. Thats what annoyed me about Manu, he got wild before he got in the groove and was a turnover, bad shooting machine. Not a Manu hater BTW.

And if I were Kanter or Stephens Id be wanting to swing a baseball bat at them for their chucking.

As for Durant waiting for a shot, that could work well with the Spurs. Let the other guys get theirs and then the avalanche. KD could be better without RW honestly.

Wonder if KD and LMA got along at UT.

Obstructed_View
06-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Kobe Sux
Kd sux too
In the clutch.

:bobo:

poop
06-01-2016, 09:10 AM
In the playoffs where teams are anticipating plays and taking away spots, great players make a difference moreso in the regular season. This take is ignorant as hell.

Mine is true, yours is predictable and ignorant. Killers come up big in the biggest moments, and make big plays when needed most. They dont even have to be 'superstars' numbers wise...some are but not all...id rather have a guy who is ice cold and ruthless in the clutch and hits big shots, gets big stops, makes perfect pass, ect...than some paper tiger like durant who scores 30 every game but chokes and throws the ball into the stands or chucks a panic 25 footer when it counts the most.

TheDoctor
06-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Kobe Sux
Kd sux too
In the clutch.

Kobe gotta be one of the most overrated clutch performers in the history of the game.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Mine is true, yours is predictable and ignorant. Killers come up big in the biggest moments, and make big plays when needed most. They dont even have to be 'superstars' numbers wise...some are but not all...id rather have a guy who is ice cold and ruthless in the clutch and hits big shots, gets big stops, makes perfect pass, ect...than some paper tiger like durant who scores 30 every game but chokes and throws the ball into the stands or chucks a panic 25 footer when it counts the most.

And you are incapable of discussing basketball as its played on the court but instead make comparisons to 'killer' and 'ice cold.' You are incapable of even keeping up with the argument or what I actually said to address it except in the most basic terms.

Close your mouth.

poop
06-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Enlighten me oh wise one :rolleyes

YGWHI
06-01-2016, 03:06 PM

You also can post LMA's numbers in the 4th of those games, or Parker's...

You always talk about Kawhi's mistakes but never a word about LMA's/Parker's numbers even when both shit their pants more often than not.

Surprising...LMA the offensive upgrade, the true/natural scorer didn't take over games on offense in the 4th in OKC series. I wonder why...

skulls138
06-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Surprising...LMA the offensive upgrade, the true/natural scorer didn't take over games on offense in the 4th in OKC series. I wonder why...Falling in love with jumpshot

FuzzyLumpkins
06-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Enlighten me oh wise one :rolleyes

You've demonstrated no capacity to understand, ice cold.

YGWHI
06-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Alright let's trade him so your bitch ass will stfu already.

Well, he always says that Harrison Barnes is a better player than Kawhi so if the GSW make a sign-and-trade this summer...

YGWHI
06-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Falling in love with jumpshot

Could be. Or...he isn't the clutch player that TGY says he is.

TGY spent all season all season trying to convince us that LMA would be the player who takes over games in playoffs, "LMAlpha will lead the Spurs to the Finals"...

Arcadian
06-01-2016, 03:26 PM

They didn't play together at UT. Aldridge was there '04-06, Durant '06-07.

TheGreatYacht
06-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Could be. Or...he isn't the clutch player that TGY says he is.

TGY spent all season all season trying to convince us that LMA would be the player who takes over games in playoffs, "LMAlpha will lead the Spurs to the Finals"...
LamAlphus Alpharidge was in his first year as a Spur and shattered Kahwi's career high multiple times. He sacrificed money to play next to a beta and aging players, give him time

YGWHI
06-01-2016, 03:42 PM
LamAlphus Alpharidge was in his first year as a Spur and shattered Kahwi's career high multiple times. He sacrificed money to play next to a beta and aging players, give him time

But you said he will lead us to a title this season, he will the main guy on offense taking over games in playoffs...

You also said that Harrison Barnes is a better player than Kawhi...

Sorry, but I have several reasons not to trust in your shitty takes.

TheGreatYacht
06-01-2016, 03:53 PM
But you said he will lead us to a title this season, he will the main guy on offense taking over games in playoffs...

You also said that Harrison Barnes is a better player than Kawhi...

Sorry, but I have several reasons not to trust in your shitty takes.
Kahwi had other plans, Roberson forced his will on him smh.

Whats wrong with that

The feeling is mutual

Brazil
06-01-2016, 05:32 PM
4) stand in corner and watch Tony Parker execute #1

:lol

add

5) defer with 3 sec left on shot clock

SPURt
06-01-2016, 06:30 PM
:lol

add

5) defer with 3 sec left on shot clock
Haha! That might be the most frustrating thing Kawhi does on offense!

tholdren
06-01-2016, 07:01 PM
You also can post LMA's numbers in the 4th of those games, or Parker's...

You always talk about Kawhi's mistakes but never a word about LMA's/Parker's numbers even when both shit their pants more often than not.

Surprising...LMA the offensive upgrade, the true/natural scorer didn't take over games on offense in the 4th in OKC series. I wonder why...
KL pulled a westbrook and started firing ill advised turnarounds when all he had to do was look to the post or drive. Player fans are the worst.

Sean Cagney
06-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Kobe gotta be one of the most overrated clutch performers in the history of the game.

Easily, when people still say clutch and Kobe I have to laugh my fucking ass off. He was in his earlier years some but later on he was one of the worst in the game by far and his % in the last minute or 20 second is horrible, anyone can look that up and see for themselves. Kobe is not clutch at all and has not been in years, FACT.

UZER
06-02-2016, 04:25 AM
It wasn't just Durant and Westbrook going off, the reason the Spurs were beat had to do with the role players showing up for OKC, same thing with the GSW series.. Adams and Kanter came up big in those games, Waiters had that one game where he was shooting lights out, Roberson had some consistency and was playing with confidence. Durant is a skilled guy but he has a tendency to fall into a comfortable groove waiting for the ball to come his way in that offense since Westbrook is always running that show.

It wasnt just "going off", it was trusting each other and shooting high percentage shots in rhythm. Yeah when they got their groove on they started chucking successfully but that was after getting in the groove. Thats what annoyed me about Manu, he got wild before he got in the groove and was a turnover, bad shooting machine. Not a Manu hater BTW.

And if I were Kanter or Stephens Id be wanting to swing a baseball bat at them for their chucking.

As for Durant waiting for a shot, that could work well with the Spurs. Let the other guys get theirs and then the avalanche. KD could be better without RW honestly.

The Spurs were just too old. I give them credit for making it a tough series, but getting every loose ball, every rebound, or trusting your teammates is easy when you know the old men can't rotate over.

YGWHI
06-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Kahwi had other plans, Roberson forced his will on him smh.

Whats wrong with that

No shit. Are you saying that the Spurs need Kawhi to win a game? But you said the Spurs would look better without him. What happens to LMAlpha? :cry You said he will be enough good to win it alone :cry

The feeling is mutual
Cool. :tu
But there is a difference, I never said that LMA would win a title alone or Kawhi was a scrub.

YGWHI
06-02-2016, 05:44 PM
KL pulled a westbrook and started firing ill advised turnarounds when all he had to do was look to the post or drive.
Not sure why do you want Kawhi to drive, dunk, whatever, if you already said in the other thread that he can't finish.

Also, you said he isn't a good driver & finisher at the rim, even when he had over 83 percentile from those plays in the season and 81 in playoffs.

Player fans are the worst.
Well, I tend to think that a guy who says that one of the most efficient players on drives in playoffs, over 81 percentile and 52.5 FG%, a top #10 player in those plays (and the only one SF in the list) is a bad finisher http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/drives/?sort=DRIVE_PTS&dir=1 ...IS the worst.

But it's fine, you would continue saying that "Kawhi sucks" and can't drive/finish in every thread...

tholdren
06-02-2016, 08:46 PM
I never said he was a bad finisher, in fact I said he could finish better than he can shoot a jumper. I said he was SCARED to attack the rim. Which is true. I also said he could have closed out the heat in game 6 but missed a FT. That is also true. I also said him disappearing in the fourth quarter is not what a SUPERSTAR does. That is also true. If you need any clarification all you have to do is ask.

KL doesn't come through in the clutch
KL has never led SA to a definitive SERIES win against a quality opponent.
KL is either too dumb, to scared, or too poorly coached to attack the rim when needed.

bic50
06-03-2016, 07:23 AM
I never said he was a bad finisher, in fact I said he could finish better than he can shoot a jumper. I said he was SCARED to attack the rim. Which is true. I also said he could have closed out the heat in game 6 but missed a FT. That is also true. I also said him disappearing in the fourth quarter is not what a SUPERSTAR does. That is also true. If you need any clarification all you have to do is ask.

KL doesn't come through in the clutch
KL has never led SA to a definitive SERIES win against a quality opponent.
KL is either too dumb, to scared, or too poorly coached to attack the rim when needed.

All this from a jimmer lover ?

YGWHI
06-03-2016, 08:12 PM
I never said he was a bad finisher
LIAR...

Then he can't finish

Can't argue with a troll who doesn't even know that Kawhi's stats tell he was going to the rack in these playoffs like never before, showing he has a nice ability to attack the rim when most people here -the troll included- said otherwise.

tholdren
06-04-2016, 05:13 PM
LIAR...

Can't argue with a troll who doesn't even know that Kawhi's stats tell he was going to the rack in these playoffs like never before, showing he has a nice ability to attack the rim when most people here -the troll included- said otherwise.
put it in context retard