PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Lebron James

StrengthAndHonor
06-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Would a championship against the historic GSW team cement Lebron's legacy as a Top 5 player of all time?

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Top 5? :lmao

He would be cemented in the top 3 and you would have to be very biased to believe otherwise, tbh..

AlexJones
06-01-2016, 02:36 PM
:lmao

SpursforSix
06-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Would a championship against the historic GSW team cement Lebron's legacy as a Top 5 player of all time?

He's secure a spot as one of the top 5 current players in the East.

Gummi Clutch
06-01-2016, 02:44 PM

He would be cemented in the top 3 and you would have to be very biased to believe otherwise, tbh..
glurgh garghhhh glurghhhlleleeee

Thats sound of his dick in your mouth I hear everytime you post about Lebron faggot. For the record, hope he does win.

StrengthAndHonor
06-01-2016, 03:04 PM

So what happens if he doesn't?

Raven
06-01-2016, 03:14 PM

yes.

Killakobe81
06-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Top 5?
He is in the convo absolutely.
With a 3rd ring he solidifies GOAT SF status (not sure how even 80's fans like myself can argue otherwiseand I already have bumped Bird to my all time 2nd team)
Kareem and MJ are definitely ahead of him.
But he has a case over Duncan, Magic Bird etc.Unless you count rings which for me matter a bunch ...(I dont make that team accomplishment cop out) ...but with 3 rings in in in 7 tries along with the historic regular season numbers, longevity and overall health hard to say he is not top 5 even at only 3 rings to duncan or Magic's 5 ...

Believe me, I dont want him to pass Magic and I still would rather have the 5 rings ...
but Lebron's carer is like cross between peak Bird with Karl Malone type health and longevity (so far)
That is crazy.

All that being said this nicca needs to win another ring.

ambchang
06-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Could be tough. The knock on Lebron has always been his individual brilliance but the less than expected team performance in the playoffs. A lot of it is due to him having teams that aren't really build as championships teams.

As an individual player, Lebron really has an argument as being GOAT as his combination of physical dominance, intelligence, and skills is really unmatched by anyone. That said, his teams are not ideal to win championships, at least in part, due to his ghost-GMing/coaching, and he really brought a lot of that himself. Like I said before, he's to player what Larry Brown is to coaches, brilliant, and unquestionably one of the greatest at what they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, both of them then to step out of their lane and lead to their respective teams under-performing.

If you define top player as individual brilliance, he's already top 5, likely top 3. If you define top player as having the best career, he is barely top 10. If you define top player as ease of building a championship around, he is somewhere between 5 and 10, I'd probably settle at around 8 or 9.

oh crap
06-01-2016, 03:49 PM
no

Killakobe81
06-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Could be tough. The knock on Lebron has always been his individual brilliance but the less than expected team performance in the playoffs. A lot of it is due to him having teams that aren't really build as championships teams.

As an individual player, Lebron really has an argument as being GOAT as his combination of physical dominance, intelligence, and skills is really unmatched by anyone. That said, his teams are not ideal to win championships, at least in part, due to his ghost-GMing/coaching, and he really brought a lot of that himself. Like I said before, he's to player what Larry Brown is to coaches, brilliant, and unquestionably one of the greatest at what they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, both of them then to step out of their lane and lead to their respective teams under-performing.

If you define top player as individual brilliance, he's already top 5, likely top 3. If you define top player as having the best career, he is barely top 10. If you define top player as ease of building a championship around, he is somewhere between 5 and 10, I'd probably settle at around 8 or 9.

Some great points, Amb. Love your different criteria perspectives.
That being said not only is his GM acumen suspect ,Isnt the type of player he is ...force teams to be constructed the way the Cavs are now?
His best success has come with a team built with a all-star wing man and defensive help and spot up shooters. As great as he is his suspect 3 point shooting forces the teams he is on to seek out the Channing Frye's and Mike Millers and forces them to tolerate the JR smith types and Boobie Gibson types because he needs shooters to be successful.

All that being said if you are just talking combo of skill, athleticism size and speed honestly LeBron crushes even Jordan from a natural ability and talent perspective ... LeBron is the most naturaly gifted NBA player I have ever seen play.

Career wise as many have said he needs more rings and a bit more continued greatness. But peak Level Lebron is up there in the GOAT convo ...

whitemamba
06-01-2016, 03:59 PM

:tu

Arcadian
06-01-2016, 07:32 PM
One could still argue for a 6-10 placement due to a poor Finals record.

Thebesteva
06-01-2016, 07:50 PM

No way u believe that...LBJ has had the easiest road to the finals in NBA history tbh..if he was in the WCF he wouldnt make it to the finals and you know it. Dude is a physical GOAT but mentally not even in the top 500 players ever.

K...
06-01-2016, 08:12 PM
No way u believe that...LBJ has had the easiest road to the finals in NBA history tbh..if he was in the WCF he wouldnt make it to the finals and you know it. Dude is a physical GOAT but mentally not even in the top 500 players ever.

He's cleaned up his mental act lately. Last year was the classiest loss ever since Timmy Duncan

No, what'll keep him out of the top 5 is his coach killing and gm skills. Imagine Bird the player being also a shit gm who trades away Kawhi at the same time. That's LeBron, who trades away Wiggins and runs a cancerous patronage system. That's why Duncan gets overrated, it's the extreme classiness

Reck
06-01-2016, 08:14 PM
glurgh garghhhh glurghhhlleleeee

Thats sound of his dick in your mouth I hear everytime you post about Lebron faggot. For the record, hope he does win.

Nigga check your main.

JoeTait75
06-01-2016, 08:53 PM

Name a top-5-worthy player who came into a worse situation than LeBron did? The Cavaliers were dead when he got here- they were an embarrassment on the floor and in the front office, a total afterthought in the city- nobody gave a shit- and in probably the worst market in the NBA (with the arguable exception of Minnesota.) You can't compare that to Magic going to the Lakers, Bird to the Celtics, even MJ to the Bulls (at least Chicago is a big market and they did draft Pippen and Grant when MJ was still a young player.)

It would have been tough for a lot of top guys to win a title in Cleveland in those years. Of contemporary guys, I think Duncan definitely could've won titles here, but Wade? Kobe? Dirk? Would've been tough for them, too.

da_suns_fan
06-01-2016, 11:16 PM
His legacy is already cemented.

If somebody said person X was "The Lebron James of finance" or "The Lebron James of Cricket", what would that mean?

If somebody said he's "the Tim Duncan of Cricket", what would that mean?

Arcadian
06-02-2016, 02:44 AM

If somebody said person X was "The Lebron James of finance" or "The Lebron James of Cricket", what would that mean?

Meaning is in the eye of the beholder. It would mean something very different to, say, an intelligent fan vs. a casual.

Thebesteva
06-02-2016, 04:59 AM
the happiest moment in Lebron james fanboys lives

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/59FZqyEg0Yc/maxresdefault.jpg

ambchang
06-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Some great points, Amb. Love your different criteria perspectives.
That being said not only is his GM acumen suspect ,Isnt the type of player he is ...force teams to be constructed the way the Cavs are now?
His best success has come with a team built with a all-star wing man and defensive help and spot up shooters. As great as he is his suspect 3 point shooting forces the teams he is on to seek out the Channing Frye's and Mike Millers and forces them to tolerate the JR smith types and Boobie Gibson types because he needs shooters to be successful.

All that being said if you are just talking combo of skill, athleticism size and speed honestly LeBron crushes even Jordan from a natural ability and talent perspective ... LeBron is the most naturaly gifted NBA player I have ever seen play.

Career wise as many have said he needs more rings and a bit more continued greatness. But peak Level Lebron is up there in the GOAT convo ...

The thing that really kills me is that Lebron is actually pretty easy to build around. You put a team with 2 or 3 3&D guys, a rim protector/rebounder type (not really that important as Lebron can even be that in a small ball lineup), and "not horrible" bench, and it's a championship contending team.

But due to his attitude, you have to have strong minded GMs and coaches (Riley) to put him in his place, and make him fall in line, you have to have closers around him like Ray Allen and Wade to bail him out. His diva attitude, though not absolutely terrible, didn't help him win more championships.

He really never found his Phil Jackson. Jordan was like that, or worse prior to Phil. Actually, his battles with Krause was worse than anything Lebron did with his coaches/GMs, but Phil kept Jordan in line, and Jordan was smart enough not to let his personal agenda get in the way of winning championships.

But most the GOATS had this ego. Kareem forced his way out of Milwaukee, Magic got a coach fired (though Magic was really in the right), Jordan feuded with Krause throughout and froze out Kukoc. Russell, Duncan and Bird didn't really let their pride get in their way. The respect the work done by coaches and management, and were fortunate enough to land on teams with strong management (or they will end up like KG).

ambchang
06-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Name a top-5-worthy player who came into a worse situation than LeBron did? The Cavaliers were dead when he got here- they were an embarrassment on the floor and in the front office, a total afterthought in the city- nobody gave a shit- and in probably the worst market in the NBA (with the arguable exception of Minnesota.) You can't compare that to Magic going to the Lakers, Bird to the Celtics, even MJ to the Bulls (at least Chicago is a big market and they did draft Pippen and Grant when MJ was still a young player.)

It would have been tough for a lot of top guys to win a title in Cleveland in those years. Of contemporary guys, I think Duncan definitely could've won titles here, but Wade? Kobe? Dirk? Would've been tough for them, too.

Kareem and Jordan went to pretty bad teams.

No question Lebron's first stint on Cleveland is on management. They just rolled out carts and carts of horrible players and coaches. I mean, Mike Brown? Boobie Gibson? Mo Williams? Those were horrible. I don't even fault his move to Miami as it really was a right move career-wise. People have issues about the press conference and the insane level of arrogance, but really, if I am that good, I'd probably be ten times worse. What really got me was how he left Miami and dictated the trades of Wiggins and then having Blatt fired. Blatt really isn't a bad coach, he needed some refinement in his coaching styles but he also needed to have a few seasons to work on the team. Blatt was thrown under the bus hard.

As for Duncan winning a title in Cleveland in the first stint? I doubt it. I don't think anybody could have done it if Lebron couldn't do it. With the current lineup? I can see a prime Duncan winning a title, or come close to it under the old rules. None of the other guys would even come close.

ambchang
06-02-2016, 09:52 AM

If somebody said person X was "da_suns_fan in life", what would that mean?

cascaders
06-02-2016, 11:29 AM
i hope he wins. Its going to be extremely difficult, and i hope he will pull through, winning this series will have so much value.

Brazil
06-02-2016, 03:05 PM

rooting for the cavs brah !

Hope Cleveland can celebrate a title this year, would be great for the city

Brazil
06-02-2016, 03:07 PM

It would mean 20 years of excellence leading a winning organization that sets the highest standards

Thread
06-02-2016, 03:16 PM
It would mean 20 years of excellence leading a winning organization that sets the highest standards

That's a crock of shit. You rape, fornicate, cheat, fail, degenerate just like everybody else.

Clipper Nation
06-02-2016, 04:08 PM

They'd both mean the same thing: one of cricket's most dominant superstars and winners.

Now, replace that with "The Charles Barkley of Cricket" or "The Amar'e Stoudemire of Cricket" or "The Steve Nash of Cricket," and then people would assume that person X was among the biggest postseason choke artists in the sport and would never win a ring.

da_suns_fan
06-02-2016, 04:15 PM
If someone said 'He's the Tim Duncan of Cricket", the obvious response would be "Whos Tim Duncan"?

da_suns_fan
06-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Hannibal Buress Calls Cracker Barrel “The Tim Duncan of Chain Restaurants”

“Cracker Barrel is the Tim Buncan of chain restaurants: It’s a superstar, but slightly boring, but efficient.”

http://splitsider.com/2014/11/hannibal-buress-calls-cracker-barrel-the-tim-duncan-of-chain-restaurants/

:lol

da_suns_fan
06-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Schea Cotton, the LeBron James of his day, wants to help young players

Why the Account Manager is Becoming the Lebron James of the Modern Sales Org

'Physical freak': Cam Newton is the LeBron James of the NFL

Adrian Peterson calls himself 'The LeBron James of the NFL'

Jamaal Charles: 'I'm the LeBron James of football'

Meet the S.C. teen dubbed the "LeBron James of weightlifting"

"The LeBron James of rugby league" spoke publicly for the first time since moving to the U.S. And he has a rather unique way of learning the 49ers

Turner’s ‘ELeague’ On TBS Looks To Create The LeBron James Of eSports

Clipper Nation
06-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Notice how nobody's rushing to compare themselves to Barkley or Nash.

Chris
06-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Never forget

https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fusatftw.files.wordpress. com%2F2014%2F06%2Fap_aptopix_nba_finals_basketball _647609462.jpg&sp=1c274997fa8824f43565dbad34090e69

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fgiant.gfycat.com%2FUglyT heseJackrabbit.gif&sp=1cfe130c33daf2c210d301e19bfa597e

Clipper Nation
06-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Never forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q1dpq3jg0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZD1BYFUfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsUkN_sVtII

DMC
06-02-2016, 06:05 PM
In Today's NBA, you can have the fucking Dream Team in the RS and as long as you're the star, your number shall rise with Today's NBA fan.

ambchang
06-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Hannibal Buress Calls Cracker Barrel “The Tim Duncan of Chain Restaurants”

“Cracker Barrel is the Tim Buncan of chain restaurants: It’s a superstar, but slightly boring, but efficient.”

http://splitsider.com/2014/11/hannibal-buress-calls-cracker-barrel-the-tim-duncan-of-chain-restaurants/

:lol

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/06/01/cracker-barrel-shares-flying-high-after-profit-surge-and-declaring-a-special-dividend/#2ffcf52e1189

Tim Duncan of restaurants indeed.

DMC
06-02-2016, 06:06 PM
https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fgiant.gfycat.com%2FUglyT heseJackrabbit.gif&sp=1cfe130c33daf2c210d301e19bfa597e

Serves them right. He carried them for 4 fucking years.

da_suns_fan
06-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Calling someone 'the Michael Jordan of field biology,' or more recently, 'the LeBron James of rugby,' is a quick shorthand for excellence.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-the-michael-jordans-of-1423802723