PDA

View Full Version : Doris Burke not giving Pop a pass anymore

SPURt
06-03-2016, 04:01 PM
I didn't see this posted but it's on realgm:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242117/Doris-Burke-Unwilling-To-Give-Gregg-Popovich-A-Pass-Anymore

spursistan
06-03-2016, 04:08 PM
I didn't see this posted but it's on realgm:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242117/Doris-Burke-Unwilling-To-Give-Gregg-Popovich-A-Pass-Anymore

see the "Pop is done" thread..all related stories about our TOSB coach are discussed there..:tu

Spurs9
06-03-2016, 04:09 PM
:cry

SPURt
06-03-2016, 04:13 PM
see the "Pop is done" thread..all related stories about our TOSB coach are discussed there..:tu
This story has nothing to do with Pop's ability as a coach but she is accusing Pop of not treating women equally. I wouldn't look at a "is Pop done" thread to see someone accuse Pop of being sexist. A coach that won a championship 2 years ago is not done and anyone who believes that is trolling.

Chinook
06-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Has nothing to do with sexism. She's not even saying it does.

Hoops Czar
06-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Doris has here panties in a bunch. Pop treats everybody the same way unless your name is Craig Sager.

houston spurs fan
06-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Becky, take note here of what not to do.

SPURt
06-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Doris has here panties in a bunch. Pop treats everybody the same way unless your name is Craig Sager.
Edit: wrong person my bad

SPURt
06-03-2016, 04:47 PM
How do you interpret the JVG comparison? Maybe because he was a coach?

SAGirl
06-03-2016, 04:58 PM
How do you interpret the JVG comparison? Maybe because he was a coach?
Thanks for sharing. :tu
Good for Doris.
I think Pops does treat former players and coaches differently. There is a camaraderie there. Strict media he's generally a smartass and rude to.
Doris just noticed that and said she's not giving Pop a pass anymore for being rude to her,

FuzzyLumpkins
06-03-2016, 05:20 PM
That the press no longer accepts Pop treating them like shit makes no difference to me and I imagine to him as well. It's classic counterintelligence. The focus is on Pop and his foibles as opposed to his team's strategy and tactics which appears to me exactly what he wants.

Pop is not concerned about marketing and he obviously does not see them as the representative to the fans because in fan setting Popovich is nothing if not engaging and cordial. He tries.

Sports journalism is filled with blood suckers. Fuck the lot of them I say.

RD2191
06-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Doris is a cool guy but he needs to cut the bullshit.

SPURt
06-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Good for Doris.
I think Pops does treat former players and coaches differently. There is a camaraderie there. Strict media he's generally a smartass and rude to.
Doris just noticed that and said she's not giving Pop a pass anymore for being rude to her,
My initial reaction was wrong. Since she didn't explain the comparison it's easy to misinterpret. I also had read the realgm comments accepting their interpretation. That was dumb. The guy who got it the worst this year was the reporter after game 6 when Pop gave the "are you coaching now" sound bite when he questioned Pop's rotations.

Chris
06-03-2016, 05:49 PM

:lol

SPURt
06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Good for Doris.
Actually, I don't know, here is the full interview:
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/doris-burke-on-curry-vs-lebron-sports-sexism.html

the entire interview is about being female in a male dominated culture of sport. It's hard to tell her intent with the JVG comparison in context to the rest of the interview.

tmtcsc
06-03-2016, 06:15 PM

Meaning what exactly? What is she going to do about it? Pop will give her the answer he wants and she'll take it like she always has. That being said, he is an asshole when it comes to fulfilling the same obligation every other coach has. He's a terrific guy off the court but a prick to the press. One too many questions from the likes of morons like Mike Monroe wore him out.

Monroe: "Pop, they made 6 3's in that quarter....was that....talk about that"

Pop: "That's a very astute observation Mikey. Is there a question somewhere?"

tmtcsc
06-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Fuck those bull dykes. It hurts the eyes.

Chinook
06-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Actually, I don't know, here is the full interview:
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/doris-burke-on-curry-vs-lebron-sports-sexism.html

the entire interview is about being female in a male dominated culture of sport. It's hard to tell her intent with the JVG comparison in context to the rest of the interview.

It's possible that she wants special treatment for being a woman and is confusing that with him discriminating against them. Pop isn't any better to a lot of men. More importantly, if he's going up to them afterwards and saying being nice, then what's the problem? I guess she wants to believe she's asking the good questions, but that's for post game. During the game, Pop hates all of the questions, as he said repeatedly.

Vic Petro
06-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Has everything to do with the fraternity of coaches and nothing more.

cd98
06-03-2016, 06:44 PM
I'd say that VanGundy being a former coach is in the fraternity. It's not male/female, it's coach/ESPN employee.

skulls138
06-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Doris is a cool guy but he needs to cut the bullshit.:lol

skulls138
06-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Pops is old school and doesnt think its right to have these stupid interviews in the middle of the game and I dont blame him. Im sure he wants to strangle these fuckers so she should feel lucky. I mean there you are thinking about winning and probably stressed about it and youve got to stop your train of thought and be interviewed. And they demand more and more.

Who is she to give anybody a pass or not give a pass. She as well as all the other reporters are very unneeded. All we really need is the game and some camera people.

apalisoc_9
06-03-2016, 07:31 PM

:lmao

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Doris Burke accusing Pop of sexism. TOP FUCKING KEK

TheGreatYacht
06-03-2016, 07:48 PM
I'm done giving her a pass for being worse than Jon Barry on commentary

dbreiden83080
06-03-2016, 09:12 PM
The dumbest thing ever is making these coaches talk to you after a quarter. They are in a time out essentially, and you want them to waste that time to go speak with you for TV.. Stupid..

phxspurfan
06-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Cue the politically correct police for being mad at a coach for not liking stupid media types.

poeticism707
06-03-2016, 09:37 PM
You mean to tell me,

some fat, ugly dike with penis envy,

is holding our GOAT coach accountable?

Oh noes, how will Pop ever recover?!?

Sean Cagney
06-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Cue the politically correct police for being mad at a coach for not liking stupid media types.

TBFH.......

therealtruth
06-03-2016, 10:23 PM
My initial reaction was wrong. Since she didn't explain the comparison it's easy to misinterpret. I also had read the realgm comments accepting their interpretation. That was dumb. The guy who got it the worst this year was the reporter after game 6 when Pop gave the "are you coaching now" sound bite when he questioned Pop's rotations.

I agree Pop shouldn't get a pass. Other coaches own up their mistakes in interviews and instead Pop uses it to criticize the reporters. I can't remember the last time he said I or we (coaching staff) messed up. It's not like there's any coach that's perfect. You make your best guesses but sometimes people like to understand the reasoning behind that.

Spurtacular
06-03-2016, 10:24 PM

That's not entirely clear, tbh. But Doris is being a retard by whining about not being loved. If anything, she's trying to use her position as a woman to leverage respect. It's pretty deuchy and not really ultimately possible. Personally, I've never like Doris either. Pop is not the only one.

UZER
06-03-2016, 10:43 PM
Pop is an ass. You wanna act like an ass, you deal with shit like this, not that he cares.

I wish our local guys had as much balls as Doris does to calm him out period.

TheGreatYacht
06-04-2016, 07:19 AM
You mean to tell me,

some fat, ugly dike with penis envy,

is holding our GOAT coach accountable?

Oh noes, how will Pop ever recover?!?
GOAT coach? :lmao

Greatest coattail rider Of All Time

bklynspursfan
06-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Definitely not sexism. Id call it sexism If he treated her differently than he male colleagues lol

poeticism707
06-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Definitely not sexism. Id call it sexism If he treated her differently than he male colleagues lol

This and this.

You get paid to do nothing at all Dork,

Now grow a pair and deal with it just like everyone else.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-04-2016, 06:39 PM
What dumbass dyke bitch would accuse the most pro-feminist coach in the NBA of being a sexist? He didn't exactly hire the first full-time female assistant coach or anything.

tholdren
06-06-2016, 07:13 PM
What dumbass dyke bitch would accuse the most pro-feminist coach in the NBA of being a sexist? He didn't exactly hire the first full-time female assistant coach or anything.
Yeah but he preaches be humble and a people person, then he's a dick on the mic, easy to get annoyed by that. In other news he ended up with his coaching job in fairly shady fashion.

skulls138
06-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Yeah but he preaches be humble and a people person, then he's a dick on the mic, easy to get annoyed by that. In other news he ended up with his coaching job in fairly shady fashion.By being nice he would be saying he agrees with being interviewed in the middle of the game which he doesnt. Sure other coaches dont agree with it but do their best but Pop is telling them he doent like it and good for him.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Yeah but he preaches be humble and a people person, then he's a dick on the mic, easy to get annoyed by that. In other news he ended up with his coaching job in fairly shady fashion.
At least he brought an era of responsibility to the Spurs that had never been there in the past with looney-tunes like Bob Hill in charge.

TDomination
06-07-2016, 08:49 AM
So what is she going to do about it by not giving him a pass anymore. Ask him tougher questions?

If your a reporter and you really were fed up because of how Pop answers, if the network allowed you, just ask simple undescriptive questions that go along with his simple undescriptive answers.

REPORTER: "Why is your team losing?"
POP: "Because they opponent scored more"
REPORTER: "Why did they score more?"
POP: "They made shots, we didn't"
REPORTER: Thank You

And to be honest, its not like we're getting detailed information that we haven't heard before from this in game coach interviews. Its all the same information.

Sec24Row7
06-07-2016, 08:55 AM
People hired BECAUSE they don't have a penis shouldn't complain when they get treated like they don't have one. Its why they got the job in the first place.

That being said, I wish her the best of luck on her Pop hit parade.

lefty
06-07-2016, 09:29 AM
That dude, that dude, Boris Durke

Obstructed_View
06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Pop hates the quarter interviews, and wants to make them so terrible and uncomfortable that they stop making him do it. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Pop wasn't a complete dick to Van Gundy once, and Doris Burke thinks it's an old boys' club. Fucking moron.

Chris
06-07-2016, 11:14 AM
I bet Doris Burke likes the new Ghostbusters trailers too

Brazil
06-07-2016, 11:19 AM
What a dumb comment from Beurk :lol

Pop has been rude with everybody including JVG, Saiger, Rose etc... he has good amount of respect for some of them but they somehow earn it in Pop's eyes.. not the case with Beurk... :cry poor thing :cry

Now I am getting curious to see what she's gonna do next time...

Beurk: "Pop I'm not gonna give you a pass anymore"
Pop: "good for you, and ?"

TheCerebral1
06-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Who?

lefty
06-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Who?

Boris Durke

tholdren
06-07-2016, 08:36 PM
By being nice he would be saying he agrees with being interviewed in the middle of the game which he doesnt. Sure other coaches dont agree with it but do their best but Pop is telling them he doent like it and good for him.
He's not - he's passive aggressively being a prick. If you don't like it, man up - take the fine - and say, "I don't want interviewed."

UZER
06-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I bet Doris Burke likes the new Ghostbusters trailers too

Kobe does.

skulls138
06-07-2016, 11:04 PM
He's not - he's passive aggressively being a prick. If you don't like it, man up - take the fine - and say, "I don't want interviewed."Didnt realize Pop wasnt a man. Mustve backed into those championships. Got no spine that Popovich.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Just proving hemann82 was pinked for being the sorry effeminate pussycunt that he is.

disciple
06-08-2016, 04:29 PM
She needs to stop being a PIMP(Programmed Intelligence Media Puppet).

She is trying to get her own take on Pop but failed beyond failure.

Acussing the same coach of discrimination towards woman that was the first EVER to hire a woman coach is simply assanine.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, Doris, but sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think you're stupid, than open it and remove all doubt.

philldafunk
06-08-2016, 04:54 PM
This whole time I thought Doris Burke was Jackie MacMullan

rjv
06-08-2016, 05:13 PM
so, she's just doing what pop does. he no longer gives the media a pass.

Keepin' it real
06-08-2016, 05:25 PM
The funny thing is Doris Burke is who Pop would be if he was a she.

They both take themselves too seriously and got hit with the ugly stick, repeatedly.

ace3g
06-08-2016, 10:26 PM
She is about to add Kerr to that list after tonight, lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-08-2016, 10:30 PM
She is about to add Kerr to that list after tonight, lol

:lol

Obstructed_View
06-09-2016, 06:09 AM
So what is she going to do about it by not giving him a pass anymore. Ask him tougher questions?

If your a reporter and you really were fed up because of how Pop answers, if the network allowed you, just ask simple undescriptive questions that go along with his simple undescriptive answers.

REPORTER: "Why is your team losing?"
POP: "Because they opponent scored more"
REPORTER: "Why did they score more?"
POP: "They made shots, we didn't"
REPORTER: Thank You

And to be honest, its not like we're getting detailed information that we haven't heard before from this in game coach interviews. Its all the same information.

This times a thousand. If someone could come up with an actual interesting question, you might get a coach to answer it.

Media people these days don't realize how good they have it that Gregg Popovich is the meanest interview they do. Imagine Doris Burke trying to get answers out of Bobby Knight or Bear Bryant while the game was going on.

Ocotillo
06-09-2016, 11:30 AM
:pop: Doris Burke needs to get over herself.

tmtcsc
06-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Does Steve Kerr have an original bone in his body ? Next thing you know he'll be drinking wine and growing his own grapes. Fucking fraud. All he's doing is a cheap imitation of Pop.

K...
06-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Does Steve Kerr have an original bone in his body ? Next thing you know he'll be drinking wine and growing his own grapes. Fucking fraud. All he's doing is a cheap imitation of Pop.

He didn't copy pop's " no need to repeat let's lose in the second round" strategy. Seems pretty smart adjustment.

tmtcsc
06-09-2016, 06:11 PM
He didn't copy pop's " no need to repeat let's lose in the second round" strategy. Seems pretty smart adjustment.

:lol That's for sure.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Pop is an ass. You wanna act like an ass, you deal with shit like this, not that he cares.

I wish our local guys had as much balls as Doris does to calm him out period.

It's a one sport town and as such they cannot afford to after Pop has shown a willingness to pull the plug on their access. It's not so much balls as it is a bottomline reality in a world where newspapers are finding consumers hard to come by.