PDA

View Full Version : Potential War In The South China Sea

DJR210
06-06-2016, 05:55 PM
If there's already a thread please merge, I didn't see one..

What is your take on this bullshit in the South China Sea? Does the US retaliate if one of China's aggressive intimidation tactics leads to another mid air crash? Does the US use the usual invasion tactic or challenge them to a naval battle for control or what?

Haven't heard much since word came of China sending nuclear subs to the region and Taiwan saying they will not respect any Chinese territorial claim in the region.. but what the fuck are they gonna do..

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2016, 06:04 PM
The US will let them get away with it.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-06-2016, 06:11 PM
If there's already a thread please merge, I didn't see one..

What is your take on this bullshit in the South China Sea? Does the US retaliate if one of China's aggressive intimidation tactics leads to another mid air crash? Does the US use the usual invasion tactic or challenge them to a naval battle for control or what?

Haven't heard much since word came of China sending nuclear subs to the region and Taiwan saying they will not respect any Chinese territorial claim in the region.. but what the fuck are they gonna do..

Japan changed their Constitution to arm themselves. Vietnam and the rest of the Indochina Peninsula as well as the Phillipines are on our side. China is trying to make man made islands to counter our strategic advantage but in case of war I don't see those atolls lasting very long.

Given the strategic situation and Japan's increased militarization, the longer this drags on the worse the Chinese position is. I anticipate a treaty without bloodshed.

DJR210
06-06-2016, 06:15 PM
The US will let them get away with it.

:cry sanctions :cry

Japan changed their Constitution to arm themselves. Vietnam and the rest of the Indochina Peninsula as well as the Phillipines are on our side. China is trying to make man made islands to counter our strategic advantage but in case of war I don't see those atolls lasting very long.

Given the strategic situation and Japan's increased militarization, the longer this drags on the worse the Chinese position is. I anticipate a treaty without bloodshed.

I don't think the global opinion towards America's world power position has ever been any lower.. Russia shitting on the Obama administration didn't help either.. With China spending so much on upgrading their defense, I honestly can see them thinking they're ready for the next step in trying to establish their "dominance" as a world leader

DJR210
06-06-2016, 06:26 PM
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=united-states-of-america&country2=china&Submit=COMPARE

Got damn they got us on total infantry :wow But pretty much everything else we are far and away superior, ESPECIALLY when comparing Naval capabilities, ironically enough

boutons_deux
06-06-2016, 06:27 PM
There's no need for a war, except politicians doing dick measuring, since they are the ones who will not pay and not die in a war.