PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Ricky Rubio to request a trade if the Wolves miss the playoffs (Porker replacement?)

Kawhitstorm
06-06-2016, 11:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15983213/ricky-rubio-next-season-last-minnesota-timberwolves-team-make-playoffs

Minnesota Timberwolves (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/min/minnesota-timberwolves) point guard Ricky Rubio (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4011/ricky-rubio) is hoping the new era under Tom Thibodeau brings changes and a much-expected ticket to the NBA playoffs.

In an interview with Catalunya Radio from Spain, Rubio said that next season could be his last one with the Timberwolves if the team doesn't make it to the postseason.

"When I arrived to Minnesota, my hope was to break the seven years' streak without [a] presence in [the] playoffs. I still have that hope, but it's very tough mentally when year after year that goal is not met," Rubio said.

"Next season will be crucial for me. I've been in the NBA for five years, and six years without playoffs would be a long time. At 26, I'd have to start thinking about teams that can get to the playoffs and win in the Finals."

Rubio, who averaged 10.1 points and 8.6 assists in the NBA last season, signed a four-year extension worth $56 million with the Timberwolves that started in 2015.

**Seems like he's trying to pull a Dragic**

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-07-2016, 02:07 AM
:lol He's got no room. Nobody guards him, don't see anyone serious trading for him with the intention to make him a starter and he's too expensive to be a back-up.

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 04:12 AM
:lol He's got no room. Nobody guards him, don't see anyone serious trading for him with the intention to make him a starter and he's too expensive to be a back-up.

Average starters are going to get paid 15 mill under the new CBA so he would be fine in a super sub role like Manu. He's essentially 2008 Rondo status who was a starter on a championship team. He's actually a decent corner shooter but jack ups 3s like pre-2005 Porker.:lol

BTW, Curry has his lowest career FG% against Rubio.

06-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Good defender, good passer, if Chip can work on his shot I'd gladly take him.

resistanze
06-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Dude's garbage ans should realize he's part of the problem tbh

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Dude's garbage ans should realize he's part of the problem tbh

A team like OKC could use him since he doesn't turn the ball over or play heroball during crunch time:lol

I could see him ending up in Memphis/Sacramento if they lose Conley/Rondo or even Utah if Exum is a bust. Best fit for him is probably Sacramento considering how Rondo fared & the fact they just run instead of playing halfcourt.:lol

apalisoc_9
06-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Rubio is a hell of a defender but its crazy how he hasnt improved his shooting since he arrived in the league. Hes still bad.

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Rubio is a hell of a defender but its crazy how he hasnt improved his shooting since he arrived in the league. Hes still bad.

He's best suited for a 6th man role where he can lead an up tempo 2nd unit, you can't have him running PnRs.

Spurtacular
06-07-2016, 05:57 PM
He stops shooting after the first quarter; severe confidence issues.

Spurtacular
06-07-2016, 06:00 PM
"Next season will be crucial for me. I've been in the NBA for five years, and six years without playoffs would be a long time. At 26, I'd have to start thinking about teams that can get to the playoffs and win in the Finals."

Rubio, who averaged 10.1 points and 8.6 assists in the NBA last season, signed a four-year extension worth $56 million with the Timberwolves that started in 2015.

**Seems like he's trying to pull a Dragic**

That's the modern athlete: Sign with a loser for big money and then whine that the team is losing.

Spurtacular
06-07-2016, 06:02 PM
He's essentially 2008 Rondo status who was a starter on a championship team. He's actually a decent corner shooter but jack ups 3s like pre-2005 Porker.:lol

BTW, Curry has his lowest career FG% against Rubio.

I guess that'd make Mills Eddie House.

If Rubio is that good a defender and passer, I could look past his shooting woes given the Spurs other weapons.

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 06:04 PM
If Rubio is that good a defender and passer, I could look past his shooting woes given the Spurs other weapons.

Teams are going to dare him to score when he runs PnP w/ LMA.:lol (The Celtics halfcourt offense was horrific even w/ KG/Pierce/Allen)

spurtech09
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Injury prone....

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-08-2016, 01:42 AM
I guess that'd make Mills Eddie House.

A Rubio type is the last thing a halfcourt, ISO heavy team offense around 2 low post/midrange J scorers need.

JMarkJohns
06-08-2016, 01:46 AM
Wolves take Dunn if he lasts and then trade Rubio this offseason.

Twixt Dunn, Jones, and LaVine, that's some good depth, especially factoring in that Towns is so good they won't be built like the Warriors with ball dominant guards. Needs versatility, flexibility, and shooting. Rubio brings none of it. Dunn brings a lot.

Kawhitstorm
06-08-2016, 02:52 PM
A Rubio type is the last thing a halfcourt, ISO heavy team offense around 2 low post/midrange J scorers need.

Rubio would be best suited on a team like the Hawks who have a bunch of shooters & play a spread offense.