PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Al Horford is going to be the Andre Iguodala of the 2016 FA class

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Horford has been miscast as a "franchise player" on a postseason fodder team just like Iggy was in Philly/Denver. He's a low maintenance but high IQ glue-guy that does the little things & should be no better than the 3rd best player on a championship team. His career is basically a mirror image of Horace Grant who was the 3rd wheel on the first (& best) 3-peat Bulls squad: http://bkref.com/tiny/gdYlI

He's the same age as Iggy was when he turned down a couple of lucrative deals to sign w/ the Warriors whom he had been linked w/ since the day they were trying to move Monta. The Warriors were capped out but they were able to do a sign & trade by moving Dick Jefferson. They basically told him how much they would be able to offer & he agreed despite his market value being higher.

I'm pretty sure PATFO have had their eyes on him & there is the Danny Ferry/Bud connection so he might leave money on the table to sign w/ the Spurs if he's as infatuated w/ the culture as Marc Gasol.:lol (Tim/Manu retire + dump Diaw/Patty= ~ 20 mill, PATFO can basically offer him the LMA contract)

Horford vs. Adams: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400828143 :wow
Horford vs. Warriors: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400828723 :wow

Home:

wpTOVsKonCw

Away:

eoBdhDo2AD8

ambchang
06-07-2016, 02:59 PM
People here laugh at Horford, but I think he would be an excellent fit with the Spurs. He can shoot, pass, rebound and defend, he is relatively mobile, and has great IQ. He's basically a rich man's Diaw.

the problem is how much he'd command.

lmbebo
06-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Would be great addition, no doubt. But I could see him going Boston.

JamStone
06-07-2016, 03:50 PM
I wonder how his career would have gone had he played more PF when he was younger, alongside a real center. He's prolly better suited for center at this point especially how the game has evolved. But when he was quicker and more mobile his first few seasons, he seemed more of a better fit at PF. Maybe it changes nothing. But maybe his career scoring and rebounding would be better matching up more with other PFs. And maybe it forces Atlanta to get rid of Marvin Williams and Josh Smith sooner.

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 04:38 PM
I wonder how his career would have gone had he played more PF when he was younger, alongside a real center. He's prolly better suited for center at this point especially how the game has evolved. But when he was quicker and more mobile his first few seasons, he seemed more of a better fit at PF.

He can play traditional 4 or small-ball center, he can move his feet as well as Orlando Dwight except he isn't a freak athlete. If he teamed up w/ LMA, they would be raining mid-range Js on NBA big men.:lol

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Horford can not rebound nor defend.

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 04:49 PM

You mean like 2016 Ibaka except has a high Bball IQ?:wakeup

Spurs9
06-07-2016, 04:50 PM
I hope the Spurs dont go after him

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 04:54 PM
I hope the Spurs dont go after him

They most likely won't b/c the bench would be reduced to 3rd stringers.:lol

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2016, 05:05 PM
You mean like 2016 Ibaka except has a high Bball IQ?:wakeup
He's basically New York Knicks Amare at this point, probably worse

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 05:07 PM
He's basically New York Knicks Amare at this point, probably worse

Love is better though...

baseline bum
06-07-2016, 05:09 PM

Amazing that 39 year old Duncan in 25 minutes a game grabbed as many boards per game as Horford.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Amazing that 39 year old Duncan in 25 minutes a game grabbed as many boards per game as Horford.

Kawhitstorm
06-07-2016, 05:15 PM

He's more comparable to 2014-16 Ibaka since they are both space cadets on offense & play away from the rim on defense. (Pre-Bud he was as good a rebounder as LMA)

TD 21
06-07-2016, 05:55 PM
People here laugh at Horford, but I think he would be an excellent fit with the Spurs. He can shoot, pass, rebound and defend, he is relatively mobile, and has great IQ. He's basically a rich man's Diaw.

the problem is how much he'd command.

People here laugh at damn near every player in the league. Almost everyone is "soft", "a chucker", "a choker", "overrated", etc., unless they play for the Warriors . . . until, of course, the next "it" team emerges and knocks them off their throne and then they'll be old news and they'll be trashed, too.

The difference between Iguodala and Horford is, the latter has always been more appreciated/beloved in his organization and they're a better team. Supposedly, he wants to stay and they want to retain him.

They probably only shopped him because they know that core is never winning a championship, so they figured they might as well see if someone blows them away before having to commit a massive contract to him.

Captivus
06-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Im gonna repeat myself...to see if this becomes a "rule" here...can we please post the latest season stats, everytime someone starts a thread about a player.

Something like this...

http://image.prntscr.com/image/edd5ab62f0fe497d9e000b1adb0c90aa.png

Like the title says, these player have, more than 17 PTS, 8 Reb and 1 Block per36.

He started all 82 games, high eFG% at 547, Fouls and TOs look good, can hit 3s.

Killakobe81
06-08-2016, 11:36 AM
I actually like Horford going back to Florida I thought he would have the best career by far.
I see games where he shows what I saw at UF but other times ...
Obviously at the right price in the right system he would be steal ...
I just dont see him taking a big paycut.
I think he wants to win so he wont choose Lakers but he would probably be a good fit in Luke's system on offense Problem is Lakers have no plus defenders and probably wont still have any until Ingram develops in to one ...

I wish the man luck wherever he lands.

phxspurfan
06-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Im gonna repeat myself...to see if this becomes a "rule" here...can we please post the latest season stats, everytime someone starts a thread about a player.

Something like this...

http://image.prntscr.com/image/edd5ab62f0fe497d9e000b1adb0c90aa.png

Like the title says, these player have, more than 17 PTS, 8 Reb and 1 Block per36.

He started all 82 games, high eFG% at 547, Fouls and TOs look good, can hit 3s.

Whiteside average 4.6 blocks per game :nerd

thats like averaging 10 more points a game

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-09-2016, 01:29 AM
Horford would be a great fit on the Spurs, but he'll likely get much better offers than the max the Spurs could give him realistically, which would be like ~4/70.

Mark Celibate
06-09-2016, 06:04 AM
He and LMA would overlap considerably in terms of playing style tbh. The Spurs need a Robin Lopez type of player to accompany LMA more than anything else at this moment, a hardcore defensive big is what they really need, not someone who's skillful but soft imho.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-09-2016, 06:19 AM
He and LMA would overlap considerably in terms of playing style tbh. The Spurs need a Robin Lopez type of player to accompany LMA more than anything else at this moment, a hardcore defensive big is what they really need, not someone who's skillful but soft imho.

A team with two 20PPG low post scorers need a big who plays 5 feet from the basket on offense?

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2016, 02:44 PM
We have a fucking beast in Boban, holy shit. Too bad Pop is giving him the 2011 Splitter treatment

Raven
06-09-2016, 03:14 PM
very solid thread.

Mnky
06-09-2016, 07:08 PM
He isn't a very good defender or rebounder, and those are known deficiencies in his game. He is a very viable offensive 3-4 option though and would work well with Aldridge and Kawhi I'm sure. In San Antonio system, I'm sure his defense would be better. His rebounding, probably, it depends because when your a stretch big, you don't always get many rebounds due to sitting on the 3 pT line. May be a reason for his low numbers. He seems able enough. I'd like him on the team, and would love him at a discount.

spurraider21
06-11-2016, 01:45 AM
People here laugh at damn near every player in the league. Almost everyone is "soft", "a chucker", "a choker", "overrated", etc., unless they play for the Warriors . . .
Lmao because nobody on ST ever calls curry a chucker and green overrated

TD 21
06-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Lmao because nobody on ST ever calls curry a chucker and green overrated

Maybe so, but they're drowned out by the closet fans/fan boys, like yourself.

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2018, 09:18 PM
RC: Pau :lmao

Not selling high on Danny/Fatty :sleep

Ainges & his disciple Morey would run circles around that drunk:wakeup