PDA

View Full Version : Pop, Please sign Ndoye after this SL

poeticism707
06-07-2016, 03:16 PM
A mobile, shot blocking 7 footer with good team defense,

which we will need DESPERATELY post TD.

Sign him to a one year deal instead of that waste of space Bonner.

TheGoldStandard
06-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Here comes Bonner 3 year deal 12 million deal

SAGirl
06-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Frankly he's probably making some NBA team.

palangi
06-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Would be great if it was us. A 7'er with good movement skills. But Pop isn't going to take developmental big. He would actually have to coach then. Pop is in coast mode.

palangi
06-07-2016, 04:14 PM
He'll go the way of jaymichael green and Alex Ajinca. Who are serviceable bigs playing in the league that we had no patience to develop.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Bonner will never leave this team, unfortunately.

Pop thinks he's a fan favorite, which he's not. Only "built not bought" fans like Bonner.

lilbthebasedgod
06-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Please learn to use colons correctly.

TD 21
06-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Bonner will never leave this team, unfortunately.

Pop thinks he's a fan favorite, which he's not. Only "built not bought" fans like Bonner.

Bonner is more than likely retiring, joining the front office and being replaced by Bertans.

The vast majority want to see more youth on the front end of the roster, but they'll probably remain on the older side, even if Duncan and Ginobili retire.

The back end, is where I suspect they get significantly younger. I expect West (after opting out), Martin and Miller (who also probably retires and joins the organization in some capacity) to also not be retained.

Snaq O'Meal
06-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Bonner is more than likely retiring, joining the front office and being replaced by Bertans.

No, Bonner wants to keep playing for the Spurs. He recently said this after the loss to OKC:

"I'm going to do everything I can do to keep playing in the NBA. The greatest job on Earth. Being able to play basketball, and do something you love and get paid for it. I'll stay in tip-top shape this summer. Come July hopefully the Spurs come calling."

Source: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/matt-bonner-on-why-spurs-lost-to-thunder-his-future-with-spurs-the-costume-party-more

TD 21
06-07-2016, 07:29 PM
No, Bonner wants to keep playing for the Spurs. He recently said this after the loss to OKC:

Source: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/matt-bonner-on-why-spurs-lost-to-thunder-his-future-with-spurs-the-costume-party-more

I know he does, but I think they were 50/50 to bring him back last off season and to keep him over Butler, when they signed Martin.

Also, by all accounts, they're signing Bertans this summer.

Unless another contender or pseudo one wants him, I'd be surprised if he goes elsewhere just to stapled to the bench, especially if the Spurs offer him a front office job.

poeticism707
06-07-2016, 08:25 PM

This.

I will be beyond pissed off if our Legendary FO can't see what's

right in front of ther faces.

At the center spot no less,

which is the hardest position to be blind about...

TheGoldStandard
06-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Spurs will forsake an open roster spot or a young prospect for loyalty to turds.. Bonner will be on that bench the motherfucker.

Keepin' it real
06-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Pop: Sign Ndoye after this SL

Link or he really didn't say it.

tholdren
06-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Please learn to use colons correctly.

TheGreatYacht
06-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Spurs will forsake an open roster spot or a young prospect for loyalty to turds.. Bonner will be on that bench the motherfucker.

Keepin' it real
06-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Oh, never mind ...

poeticism707
06-08-2016, 09:24 AM

This will probably happen sadly.

TheGoldStandard
06-08-2016, 09:38 AM
This will probably happen sadly.

His corporate knowledge extends to his vast knowledge of knowing which player likes turkey or ham, where to wash each players car and of course how to cup Pops balls just right when he's blowing him.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2016, 02:46 PM
If Boban coming back is a possibility, Ndoye ain't sniffing the roster.

YGWHI
06-08-2016, 02:51 PM
The vast majority want to see more youth on the front end of the roster, but they'll probably remain on the older side, even if Duncan and Ginobili retire.

The back end, is where I suspect they get significantly younger. I expect West (after opting out), Martin and Miller (who also probably retires and joins the organization in some capacity) to also not be retained.

Still don't get why they can't get younger on both, backcourt and frontcourt. If they can't sign Durant, the Spurs have enough flexibility to find a young rebounding bigman, and a young guard.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Dear OP: Make sure to actually watch this year's SL before making the request.

TD 21
06-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Still don't get why they can't get younger on both, backcourt and frontcourt. If they can't sign Durant, the Spurs have enough flexibility to find a young rebounding bigman, and a young guard.

They can and will, but I talking about the top half of the roster versus the bottom half.

Despite what many want to see, there's no actual reason to believe the top half won't remain on the older side.

poeticism707
06-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Dear OP: Make sure to actually watch this year's SL before making the request.

Wrong.

The FO should have signed him last year after his 10 day contract,

and maybe the Spurs wouldn't have had so much trouble down the stretch when TD tweaked his knee.

This guy could defensively be the next Mutumbo, with his shot blocking, shot altering, and help defense.

But you have to give him run to find out.

Sign Noye to two year minimum deal,

BEFORE or AFTER camp.

If Pop can keep that scrub Bonner around,

then surely this guy is worth a 2 year investment.

cutewizard
06-09-2016, 05:40 AM
Bonner is toast...........

Obstructed_View
06-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Wrong.

The FO should have signed him last year after his 10 day contract,

and maybe the Spurs wouldn't have had so much trouble down the stretch when TD tweaked his knee.

This guy could defensively be the next Mutumbo, with his shot blocking, shot altering, and help defense.

But you have to give him run to find out.

Sign Noye to two year minimum deal,

BEFORE or AFTER camp.

If Pop can keep that scrub Bonner around,

then surely this guy is worth a 2 year investment.

He's had run in the development league. Cady Lalanne was better in the summer league, and was better in the D league. Showing signs of life every so often is not worthy of a 2 year investment. Giving up Matt Bonner for someone equally unlikely to contribute is retarded.

palangi
06-09-2016, 10:47 AM
He's had run in the development league. Cady Lalanne was better in the summer league, and was better in the D league. Showing signs of life every so often is not worthy of a 2 year investment. Giving up Matt Bonner for someone equally unlikely to contribute is retarded.
I was hoping you could tell us who to go after then? Instead of just shooting ideas down. Remember we are talking about a 5th or 6th big here, not a future hall of famer. And Cady is a 4 not a 5 so that idea or comparison doesn't equate.

Ocotillo
06-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Wrong.

Easy there big fella, I like Ndoye myself but let's not get carried away.

Chinook
06-09-2016, 11:38 AM
I think Ndoye has been better than Cady this whole time. Again, I think his ceiling is Baynes with better defense. That's almost exactly what people want for the bench center.

palangi
06-09-2016, 11:55 AM
I don't get the need for comparison of the two. They play different positions and have different games. Why not bring both over? They both bring youth, length, athleticism, and rebounding. Something this team needs.

i guess it is the need to feel superior and be right on an Internet board.

Obstructed_View
06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I was hoping you could tell us who to go after then? Instead of just shooting ideas down.

I originally made a suggestion to watch him next month before suggesting the Spurs grab him, and was told I was wrong. So I was kind of defending myself when you stepped in. If you're going to play Internet cop, then you might make sure you know what's going on before you pick a side.

Remember we are talking about a 5th or 6th big here, not a future hall of famer. And Cady is a 4 not a 5 so that idea or comparison doesn't equate.
The two sentences above are sort of contradictory, since you mention six bigs, and then mention that Cady isn't a center, even though he is a big. And if Ndoye is going to be so insignificant to the team, I'm not sure why we're suggesting the Spurs take him over anyone else. They don't really need a placeholder. Bonner already does that.

I'm happy to make suggestions. If we're giving two year deals to fifth or sixth bigs, I'd be interested in knowing who 1-4 are first.

And if he's "not a future hall of famer", then you should probably go after the person who called him the next Mutombo.

wildbill2u
06-09-2016, 02:56 PM
I think Ndoye is better now than Ian Mahinmi was when he was on the Spurs. Mahinmi has beveloped his game via the mavs and Now is a good player for Indiana. Took a while, but he has made it when the Spurs decided not to keep him. Was this a bad evaluation by the FO or was he just caught in the numbers game when the Spurs rearranged the deck chairs? I can't remember.

But my point is that Ian got a couple of years and Ndoye is better than Ian at the same stage of his career.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2016, 03:02 PM
I think Ndoye is better now than Ian Mahinmi was when he was on the Spurs. Mahinmi has beveloped his game via the mavs and Now is a good player for Indiana. Took a while, but he has made it when the Spurs decided not to keep him. Was this a bad evaluation by the FO or was he just caught in the numbers game when the Spurs rearranged the deck chairs? I can't remember.

But my point is that Ian got a couple of years and Ndoye is better than Ian at the same stage of his career.

:pop: Matty stretched the floor and didn't refuse my advances.

SAGirl
06-09-2016, 03:03 PM
I liked what I have seen of him. He's one of those guys like Jamychal Green, you have to get them in your team while they still have a raw side here or there bc he will get picked up by a team if he has a nice showing in SL or next dleague season for cheap and will make you regret it. He's unpolished offensively but was a better prospect than say Ayers who we had for 2 years.

I haven't watched him enough to find out if he can catch balls and rebound in traffic something an athletic big like Ayers struggled with. If he can do that well enough, there should be no doubt he's a worthy project.

wildbill2u
06-10-2016, 04:01 PM
By late Spring he had several games with 5 or 6 blocks which goes to his physical skills and agility and he was rebounding well. And he was showing some scoring ability away from the basket although he was damn good at shots in the lane. Much better than Ayers or the double-clutch bullshit of Nasr Mohammed.

Seven footers with physical agility are pretty rare. I hope we find a way to keep him.

palangi
06-10-2016, 04:09 PM
By late Spring he had several games with 5 or 6 blocks which goes to his physical skills and agility and he was rebounding well. And he was showing some scoring ability away from the basket although he was damn good at shots in the lane. Much better than Ayers or the double-clutch bullshit of Nasr Mohammed.

Seven footers with physical agility are pretty rare. I hope we find a way to keep him.
He looks to have a nice little running hook shot

Hoops Czar
06-10-2016, 04:27 PM
I liked what I have seen of him. He's one of those guys like Jamychal Green, you have to get them in your team while they still have a raw side here or there bc he will get picked up by a team if he has a nice showing in SL or next dleague season for cheap and will make you regret it. He's unpolished offensively but was a better prospect than say Ayers who we had for 2 years.

I haven't watched him enough to find out if he can catch balls and rebound in traffic something an athletic big like Ayers struggled with. If he can do that well enough, there should be no doubt he's a worthy project.

How many projects do the Spurs need at one time? KA, Simmons, Boban, possibly Bertans, now Ndoye? Dump or develop what you already have first then, worry about signing more.

ceperez
06-10-2016, 04:37 PM
How many projects do the Spurs need at one time? KA, Simmons, Boban, possibly Bertans, now Ndoye? Dump or develop what you already have first then, worry about signing more.

Keep it simple folks... just acquire Livingston, Barnes and Ezelli this off season.