PDA

View Full Version : No "Yin-Yang Twins – Halftime" = Bad Luck in Home Playoff Games? Example

UNT Eagles 2016
06-10-2016, 09:41 PM
From 2005 through 2014, the hook of that song used to be played at the beginning of every Spurs home playoff game (and "big/statement" game in the regular season) as well as the end of every Spurs win... this year and last year the DJ didn't play that, and a lot of other SBC/AT&T Center stalwarts have been missing from the DJ's playlist as well the last couple seasons. Instead we have some stupid techno music on or some other stupid shit.

Why can't we keep it simple like the 2003-2007 era home games? Standard classic NBA music (but in our own Spur format/timbre), our own defense beats (simple but recognizable and effective), a few new pop/meme jingles sprinkled in (but very few), and appropriate songs and music signature of the Spurs during timeouts, intermissions, and other times. You don't even hear "Do you feel alllll right" and "Mony Mony" near the end of close games anymore, either. The Spurs version of the Rocky Balboa final theme on critical possessions at the end of close games? You never hear that anymore, that always used to guarantee a bucket.

What happened to the AT&T center experience during Spurs games? It's just gotten worse.

K...
06-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Why don't you try this thread again but use "att song selection, being back the classics"

No one cares about the young yang ymmies

Also your title speculated a link to the song change and game successes. Considering we won plenty of games this isn't persuasive.

Humberto
06-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Actually the "Do you feeeelll allllright" with coyote pointing up to screen at half court happened in the 4th of game 5 against OKC. You probably couldn't hear it from the Whataburger line.

Humberto
06-13-2016, 09:58 AM
...but DJ Quake is the worst person to be employed by the Spurs since Dick Jefferson aka 2016 Finals MVP

#HardRick
#PJCrane

Tully365
06-13-2016, 12:56 PM
The Spurs version of the Rocky Balboa final theme on critical possessions at the end of close games? You never hear that anymore, that always used to guarantee a bucket.

You can't honestly believe this.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-13-2016, 01:54 PM
You can't honestly believe this.

I think the only time it didn't was '06 game 7 against the mavs final play of regulation

Tully365
06-13-2016, 03:39 PM
I think the only time it didn't was '06 game 7 against the mavs final play of regulation

You can't honestly believe that.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-13-2016, 05:19 PM
You can't honestly believe that.

Youtube search:

"2004 Spurs-Lakers Game 5 Tim Duncan Shot"
"2006 Spurs-Kings Game 2 Brent Barry Shot"
"2009 Spurs-Lakers Roger Mason Shot"
"2009 Spurs-Rockets Tony Parker Shot"
"2011 Spurs-Rockets Manu Ginobili Shot"
"2011 Spurs-Grizzlies Game 5 Gary Neal Shot"

just off the top of my head... I left out a ton, I'm sure... the spurs usually miss a big shot when it's just the old "Go Spurs Go" chant, seriously.