PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: up to them to stop another dynasty in the making..

spursistan
06-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Shaqobe Lakers in 2003 and Heatles in 2014..One last dance, one last glorious effort in 2017 and be the team to nip it all in bud :toast..

AlexJones
06-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Shut the fuck up you attention whore.

Spurtacular
06-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Spurs need to get stronger in the back court. Curry and Thompson eat us up.

Robz4000
06-11-2016, 12:48 AM
Spurs need to get stronger in the back court. Curry and Thompson eat us up.

They actually do pretty well slowing those two down. Spurs need to rebuild their depth to compete with them.

daslicer
06-11-2016, 12:49 AM

This

Thread
06-11-2016, 08:39 AM
You need to do what Amy did and divorce Duncan. He's decrepit & needs a caregiver.

TampaDude
06-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Spurs are done. Welcome to the Golden Age.

LkrFan
06-11-2016, 08:44 AM

:lol

JamStone
06-11-2016, 09:00 AM
But the Spurs didn't stop the Shaq and Kobe Lakers. The very next year, the Spurs lost to them in the playoffs, and the Lakers went back to the NBA Finals.

Spurs can claim putting an end to the Heatles since LeBron left Miami after 2014. But the Spurs didn't stop the Shaq and Kobe Lakers. They just didn't.

coachmac87
06-11-2016, 09:48 AM
But the Spurs didn't stop the Shaq and Kobe Lakers. The very next year, the Spurs lost to them in the playoffs, and the Lakers went back to the NBA Finals.

Spurs can claim putting an end to the Heatles since LeBron left Miami after 2014. But the Spurs didn't stop the Shaq and Kobe Lakers. They just didn't.

They ended the Heat and Lakers...

Nothing to brag about but it did happen lol

dbreiden83080
06-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Spurs are done. Welcome to the Golden Age.

Maybe. Back to back is great, and they will be favored to win the three peat. But the league is funny. Things can turn on a dime.

Raven
06-11-2016, 10:09 AM
more like it's up to the rest of teams to offer max contracts to whoever gets to free agency of that team.

SpursDynasty
06-11-2016, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't really call the Lakers a dynasty. The first group that three-peated had a different core than the second group in 2009-2010.

The Spurs had the same core playing in an NBA Finals together 11 years apart.

The 2010-2014 Heat are not even a semi-dynasty, or anything resembling one. Making the Finals four times in the East is equivalent to making the second round four times in the West. They only won two titles.

soxxx
06-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Honestly if you put a gun to my head, I think the Warriors finish the 3 peat next year. I think everyone knows the significance of it, but then again the Lakers failed to do it in 2011, and the Heat failed to do it in 2014.....in all honesty, the Mavs stopped two three-peats from happening with that win in 2011.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2016, 11:15 AM
:lol believing a team with Lamarcus Aldridge as part of the core can win a title :lmao

soxxx
06-11-2016, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't really call the Lakers a dynasty. The first group that three-peated had a different core than the second group in 2009-2010.

The 2010-2014 Heat are not even a semi-dynasty, or anything resembling one. Making the Finals four times in the East is equivalent to making the second round four times in the West. They only won two titles.Hold up, the East wasnt as bad as it is now. In 2010-2014 the Bulls, Celtics, Pacers were highly competitive and had players that can take over games. Those teams would have beaten up on the current eastern teams, These teams in the East now are huge frauds, its unbearable to watch, back then it was certainly watchable. The only free ride the Heat got imo was in 2014 when the Pacers kinda came apart at the end.

AlexJones
06-11-2016, 11:44 AM

The 2010-2014 Heat are not even a semi-dynasty, or anything resembling one. Making the Finals four times in the East is equivalent to making the second round four times in the West. They only won two titles.

:lmao you wouldn't call the 3peat Lakers a dynasty but you'd call the Spurs a dynasty for never having won a back to back. Kys

Patrick Bateman
06-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Honestly if you put a gun to my head, I think the Warriors finish the 3 peat next year. I think everyone knows the significance of it, but then again the Lakers failed to do it in 2011, and the Heat failed to do it in 2014.....in all honesty, the Mavs stopped two three-peats from happening with that win in 2011.

They probably will and the saddest thing is this year its will probably be a 4-1 series win over Cleveland, next year I'm sure Cleveland comes back and gets swept. It would be hilarious if Golden State completes a 3 Peat against the same team, which is likely.

daslicer
06-11-2016, 01:10 PM
They probably will and the saddest thing is this year its will probably be a 4-1 series win over Cleveland, next year I'm sure Cleveland comes back and gets swept. It would be hilarious if Golden State completes a 3 Peat against the same team, which is likely.

Psychologically I tend to believe this team is mentally burned out from going to back to back finals and losing. I don't think anybody on that team has the desire and energy to go back next year outside of Lebron.

DMC
06-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Blame whitey.

Bynumite
06-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Thread should be renamed "Teams that successfully defended their title on Duncan's watch".

Thread
06-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Thread should be renamed "Teams that successfully defended their title on Duncan's watch".

Thank Christ. We'd never hear the end of it had Duncan repeated. I don't know whether I could have stood it.

whitemamba
06-11-2016, 03:33 PM

:lmao

Kawhitstorm
06-11-2016, 04:35 PM
Would be shocking if Love isn't traded, at the very least..they probably won't move Irving, but they should..they desperately need a 3 and D guy..ideally, they would acquire 2 of them, but let's begin with 1:lol

LeBron took his cues from Mark Cuban circa 2003-04 who thought a Dirk/Walker/Jamison frontline & a starting lineup w/ Finley as its best defender was championship worthy.:lol

Shumpert shouldn't be an NBA rotation player anymore, yet they just signed him to 10 per:lol

Schumpert was LeBron's favorite teammate last season along w/ Tristan, that's why they both got paid.:lol

Kawhitstorm
06-11-2016, 04:37 PM

You mean after they changed 3/5th of the starting lineup?:lol (In '04, Horry was on the Spurs::lol)

You might as well claim the Spurs didn't stop LeBron from 3-peating b/c he went back to the Finals in 2015.:lmao

~O~
06-11-2016, 04:44 PM
After that clawing match last night..nothing won't stop them. 73-9, come back from 3-1, mid post season injuries, ankle injuries, season injuries to Klay, Bogut, Curry, Iguodala, Barnes, records broken individually and team based.

I don't see it.

Kawhitstorm
06-11-2016, 04:48 PM

2011 Lakers weren't beating OKC in the WCF, they struggled against a Hornets squad whose 2nd best player was Carl Landry.:lmao

As far as the Heat, had they won in 2011 then LeBron would have refused to play PF or work on his post up game. Battier would probably also not be on the roster as he was signed to play PF when Bosh shifted to center instead of using a traditional line-up ala 2010-11.

JamStone
06-11-2016, 04:51 PM
You mean after they changed 3/5th of the starting lineup?:lol (In '04, Horry was on the Spurs::lol)

You might as well claim the Spurs didn't stop LeBron from 3-peating b/c he went back to the Finals in 2015.:lmao

Umm bad logic is bad.

They were called the "Shaq and Kobe" Lakers for a reason. That's because those threepeat Lakers were about Shaq and Kobe. Not the role players.

With your logic, then those "Shaq and Kobe" Lakers never threepeated to begin with, since 3/5ths of their starting line-up changed from 2000 to 2001 with Harper, Rice, and AC Green turning into Fisher, Fox, and Horace Grant. Smh.

The "Shaq and Kobe" Lakers weren't stopped by the Spurs in 2003. They came back the next year, beat the Spurs, and went back to the NBA Finals... with Shaq and Kobe.

Kawhitstorm
06-11-2016, 04:56 PM
:lol believing a team with Lamarcus Aldridge as part of the core can win a title :lmao

6'11" Harrison Barnes::lol

Kawhitstorm
06-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Umm bad logic is bad.

They were called the "Shaq and Kobe" Lakers for a reason. That's because those threepeat Lakers were about Shaq and Kobe. Not the role players.

Dumbass, they wouldn't have beaten the 2004 Spurs if Malone/Payton weren't on the roster. Put Malone/Payton on the 2003 Lakers & they would have beaten the Spurs.

:lolRole players didn't matter to the 3-peat Lakers when Fisher/Horry bailed out the Shaq/Kobe NUMEROUS times:lol

With your logic, then those "Shaq and Kobe" Lakers never threepeated to begin with, since 3/5ths of their starting line-up changed from 2000 to 2001 with Harper, Rice, and AC Green turning into Fisher, Fox, and Horace Grant. Smh.

2001 Lakers would have won if you replaced Harper, Rice, AC Green w/ the 2006 Lakers supporting cast.

The "Shaq and Kobe" Lakers weren't stopped by the Spurs in 2003. They came back the next year, beat the Spurs, and went back to the NBA Finals... with Shaq and Kobe.

LeBron wasn't stopped in 2014, he came back the next year & went back to the Finals.:lmao

Spurs lost Stephen Jackson/Speedy Claxton/Admiral while the Lakers gained Payton/Malone.:wakeup

Spurs 4 The Win
06-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Dumbass, they wouldn't have beaten the 2004 Spurs if Malone/Payton weren't on the roster. Put Malone/Payton on the 2003 Lakers & they would have beaten the Spurs.

:lolRole players didn't matter to the 3-peat Lakers when Fisher/Horry bailed out the Shaq/Kobe NUMEROUS times:lol

2001 Lakers would have won if you replaced Harper, Rice, AC Green w/ the 2006 Lakers supporting cast.

LeBron wasn't stopped in 2014, he came back the next year & went back to the Finals.:lmao

Spurs lost Stephen Jackson/Speedy Claxton/Admiral while the Lakers gained Payton/Malone.:wakeup

TBH, we lost to the lakers in 2004 because the refs dont know how long0.4 seconds is. Fisher took over a second and negated the 2nd greatest clutch shot of Tim Duncans career. Pistons should be thanking the refs because we wouldve beat them if it had been us in the Finals that year.

SpursDynasty
06-12-2016, 11:25 PM

Yes, they did. They ended their championship run. Sorry nice try.

Arcadian
06-12-2016, 11:45 PM

They ended the chance for a 4th consecutive title for the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. They would not go on to win a 4th (playing together) after that, and they broke up one year later after an embarrassing Finals loss. That is what people mean when they say the Spurs "ended" the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Granted, they might have broken up regardless. I don't think the Spurs were the primary cause for them breaking up. But they did end the championship streak.