PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs buy Parker out?

Spurtacular
06-11-2016, 12:42 AM
$30 mil over the next two years for this guy is like a millstone tied around the team's neck.

Ice009
06-11-2016, 12:46 AM
What the fuck, does he still have two full seasons left on the contract?

Spurtacular
06-11-2016, 12:48 AM

$14.4 and $15.5

cutewizard
06-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Parker is N-A-S-T-Y...............hmppppp

Nathan89
06-11-2016, 02:00 AM
What a shitty unnecessary contract.

lmbebo
06-11-2016, 08:48 AM
He's not getting bought out....

TXstbobcat
06-11-2016, 10:28 AM
He might have decent trade value next year as an expiring contract, but I seriously doubt the Spurs trade Parker.

TheGoldStandard
06-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Unless something drastic happens this season expect to see Parker renewed again for an amount that nobody will agree with.. I'm sure the Spurs will be comfortable paying him 10m when the cap explodes.

TimDunkem
06-11-2016, 12:04 PM
For fucks sake, people...He will retire a Spur.

bklynspursfan
06-11-2016, 12:07 PM
For fucks sake, people...He will retire a Spur.

Thank you. My god, people on here really don't have a clue. I keep trying to tell people the same thing

Tully365
06-11-2016, 03:00 PM
I can definitely see the Spurs & Parker working something out in 2017-- a Richard Jefferson sort of deal... Parker knows he got a late career contract that rewarded his earlier contributions to the team, and I'm sure he'll go the route of Tim & Manu, helping out so the Spurs can have maximum flexibility in 2017.

Spurtacular
06-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Thank you. My god, people on here really don't have a clue. I keep trying to tell people the same thing

Spurs need to stop buying their own hype; HOF this and that. Parker is a negative value at this point.

tmtcsc
06-11-2016, 03:18 PM
I think they would move him in a heartbeat if they could find a trade partner foolish enough to take him. The guy hit the wall two seasons ago and is spent. He's finished. He's not in the same conversation as a Manu or Tim in regards to being unmovable. If we are to believe the reports, the Spurs were ready to move him for a better draft position in 2011. You don't think they would do it now? C'mon people!

gambit1990
06-11-2016, 03:28 PM
he can be bought out but i don't see that happening.

spurs should move him though.

K...
06-11-2016, 03:33 PM
It's a rare bylaw of the cba, if you sacrifice three virgins to the old Jewish gods, no not those, older you can void a contract without penalty.

So, op and two others

spurtech09
06-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Not going to happen....Move along ....

J_Paco
06-11-2016, 04:58 PM

He was underpaid throughout most of his prime, earning Isaiah Thomas or Jeff Teague money, so the team gave him a deal based on past accomplishments. Sadly, age and injury caught up to him.

Fans need to get over the idea of him being waived, traded or anything else unless he requests it or a dynamic changes. Right now, that doesn't look like it is going to happen.

J_Paco
06-11-2016, 05:12 PM
I think they would move him in a heartbeat if they could find a trade partner foolish enough to take him. The guy hit the wall two seasons ago and is spent. He's finished. He's not in the same conversation as a Manu or Tim in regards to being unmovable. If we are to believe the reports, the Spurs were ready to move him for a better draft position in 2011. You don't think they would do it now? C'mon people!

I call bullshit on your entire post. Manu saw a sharp decline in production from age 33 to 34, going from a All-Star to more of a playmaking role player which he played for the last 4 or so seasons. The Spurs looked for various players (Keith Bogans, George Hill, Roger Mason Jr., etc.) to help fill in the gaps.

I'm not completely sure, but i believe he was earning the same amount as Parker is now yet no one was complaining as vocally.

If Tony being around impedes them from finding quality replacements for Manu and Timmy (should they retire) or even himself at starting PG, then i agree that his deal completely sucks and he should no longer be on the team.

That moment hasn't arrived and the team still needs veteran leadership because I believe neither Kawhi or LaMarcus is ready for that responsibility.

RD2191
06-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Best we can hope for is an early season ending injury.

SpursforSix
06-11-2016, 05:40 PM

Or something tragic.

K...
06-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Guaranteed contacts much?

lefty
06-11-2016, 06:33 PM

Yes :cry

Dingle Barry
06-11-2016, 06:55 PM
It's a rare bylaw of the cba, if you sacrifice three virgins to the old Jewish gods, no not those, older you can void a contract without penalty.

So, op and two others

UNT Eagles and ducks.

TheGoldStandard
06-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Maybe if the Spurs offer him free taco cabana for life he'll agree to be traded.. or the food chain of his picking.

Ice009
06-11-2016, 08:06 PM
$14.4 and $15.5

Wow, I thought it was only one season left on it. I was upset when they gave it to him and I think I'm even more angry about it now.

Like I said back then, the Spurs should have given him another season in 2015 to see how he performed before giving him an extension or contract renewal. What a stupid decision to not wait and see how he followed up 2014 after coming off of a season where he supposedly under-performed due to injuries. They needed to give him a full season to see if it was actually injuries or decline. If people on a message board can figure that out straight after the 2014 season ended, why the f$%^ couldn't the front office?

TheGoldStandard
06-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Wow, I thought it was only one season left on it. I was upset when they gave it to him and I think I'm even more angry about it now.

Like I said back then, the Spurs should have given him another season in 2015 to see how he performed before giving him an extension or contract renewal. What a stupid decision to not wait and see how he followed up 2014 after coming off of a season where he supposedly under-performed due to injuries. They needed to give him a full season to see if it was actually injuries or decline. If people on a message board can figure that out straight after the 2014 season ended, why the f$%^ couldn't the front office?

The Spurs organization is like a desperate girl who tries to do whatever it can to keep its man happy.. It'll screw themselves over to stay loyal and when it's all said and done they'll be left holding the bill at the restaurant, with the 2 year old in hand, maxed out credit cards and 20 dollars to their name washing the dishes dreaming of the one who got away from out of town who would have fixed everything.

Sean Cagney
06-12-2016, 02:47 AM
He might have decent trade value next year as an expiring contract, but I seriously doubt the Spurs trade Parker.

True, he is not getting traded and people need to accept that.
Best we can hope for is an early season ending injury.So Patty can start? No thank you.
Who is our PG then?

gambit1990
06-12-2016, 04:23 AM
So Patty can start? No thank you.
Who is our PG then?
patty starting is less detrimental than paying tony $30 million over the next two years.

illusioNtEk
06-12-2016, 04:45 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sfvIZtK1WVw/TA7OVEMr3oI/AAAAAAAAA3o/rTiBJg1KW3Y/s1600/harryporker.jpg

td4mvp2k
06-12-2016, 08:52 AM
True, he is not getting traded and people need to accept that.So Patty can start? No thank you.
Who is our PG then?so you would keep parker and not go after a better pg... :td

dbreiden83080
06-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Putting Mike Conley on this team is not winning them the chip guys.. Sorry..

Obstructed_View
06-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I highly doubt that the amount of money saved by buying Parker out is enough to make up for not having him on the team.

bklynspursfan
06-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Spurs need to stop buying their own hype; HOF this and that. Parker is a negative value at this point.

This guy doesn't get it.

He was underpaid throughout most of his prime, earning Isaiah Thomas or Jeff Teague money, so the team gave him a deal based on past accomplishments. Sadly, age and injury caught up to him.

Fans need to get over the idea of him being waived, traded or anything else unless he requests it or a dynamic changes. Right now, that doesn't look like it is going to happen.

This guy gets it.

Sean Cagney
06-12-2016, 01:04 PM
so you would keep parker and not go after a better pg... :td

They are keeping Parker but I sure as hell want a back up PG on the team, never said I did not. I doubt they trade Tony though so talking about that all the time is moot.
patty starting is less detrimental than paying tony $30 million over the next two years.

I agree in a lot of ways but Tony won't get traded IMHO. I would love Conley or someone to come in or a solid back up as well. I do not want Patty being a starting PG on a team though, that is a horrible option.

This is the truth.

wildbill2u
06-12-2016, 05:07 PM
I highly doubt that the amount of money saved by buying Parker out is enough to make up for not having him on the team.

Excellent point. You can't buy him out with millions and then have millions left to bring in some fantasy All Star free agent with a skill set off the chart. And as far as a trade, if he is as bad as you think, what team would give us a great young PG for him?

Whether the Parker haters like it or not, he is going to be a Spur for the foreseeable future 2 years. Get over it.

Seventyniner
06-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Whether the Parker haters like it or not, he is going to be a Spur for the foreseeable future 2 years. Get over it.

It's better for Parker to remain on the team so they have someone to unleash their butthurt on. What would they do if Parker actually wasn't on the team? Criticize Pop more?

Actually that's likely the answer.

wildbill2u
06-12-2016, 05:39 PM
It's better for Parker to remain on the team so they have someone to unleash their butthurt on. What would they do if Parker actually wasn't on the team? Criticize Pop more?

Actually that's likely the answer.

Have you ever read anything about child abuse where one child is singled out for the abuse and other children escape it? SpursTalk is like that family. There is always one player that is picked out by "fans" as the reason why we don't win a championship every year. Sometimes it is a bench player like Bonner but it is always more excitiing to these fans to gang up on a starter. Don't worry, they will always have a designated scapegoat.

tmtcsc
06-12-2016, 06:48 PM
I call bullshit on your entire post. Manu saw a sharp decline in production from age 33 to 34, going from a All-Star to more of a playmaking role player which he played for the last 4 or so seasons. The Spurs looked for various players (Keith Bogans, George Hill, Roger Mason Jr., etc.) to help fill in the gaps.

I'm not completely sure, but i believe he was earning the same amount as Parker is now yet no one was complaining as vocally.

If Tony being around impedes them from finding quality replacements for Manu and Timmy (should they retire) or even himself at starting PG, then i agree that his deal completely sucks and he should no longer be on the team.

That moment hasn't arrived and the team still needs veteran leadership because I believe neither Kawhi or LaMarcus is ready for that responsibility.

You can call bullshit all you want but your opinion of Parker's current worth on the court and to the front office - is based on fantasy. Manu has been a much more reliable member of the Big 3 than Parker ever has - and in my opinion, isn't viewed by the organization the same way as Tim and Manu. Those guys are the only 2 untouchables, along with David Robinson, the Spurs have ever had. George Gervin was traded, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson.

The Spurs were ready to move Parker in 2011 to get Klay Thompson and you think they won't move him after he has lost the two things his game was predicated on - speed and scoring? All this at a cost of 30 million over the next 2 years? Yeah, that's bullshit. Like I said, if some team out there is willing to take him, the Spurs will move him.

The Spurs showed "loyalty" to Parker by giving him the guaranteed contract. He is going to get that money no matter where he plays. It doesn't mean they won't trade him.

Keepin' it real
06-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Tony's leadership and championship experience are worth $10M per season minimum. And he helped bring these to town, so respect TP:

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

tmtcsc
06-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Tony's leadership and championship experience are worth $10M per season minimum. And he helped bring these to town, so respect TP:

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Keepin It Real with the 2112 post count. I respect the RUSH:

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2015/02/rush-2112-logo.jpg

Spurtacular
06-12-2016, 11:35 PM
This guy doesn't get it.

This guy gets it.

This may have been a bit of a legacy (payback) contract. But let's not pretend that Parker wasn't making pretty damn good money all along. The last half of the 4th Q, Pop went with fat and slow Andre Miller cos Parker couldn't get to his spot on offense anyways. Short of a buyout, I think the Spurs seriously still need to explore new options at the starting PG. If we can't get faster, we need to get bigger. TP can have his legacy money if he must. But the team shouldn't be catering to his ego otherwise.

J_Paco
06-13-2016, 02:35 AM
You can call bullshit all you want but your opinion of Parker's current worth on the court and to the front office - is based on fantasy. Manu has been a much more reliable member of the Big 3 than Parker ever has - and in my opinion, isn't viewed by the organization the same way as Tim and Manu. Those guys are the only 2 untouchables, along with David Robinson, the Spurs have ever had. George Gervin was traded, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson.

The Spurs were ready to move Parker in 2011 to get Klay Thompson and you think they won't move him after he has lost the two things his game was predicated on - speed and scoring? All this at a cost of 30 million over the next 2 years? Yeah, that's bullshit. Like I said, if some team out there is willing to take him, the Spurs will move him.

The Spurs showed "loyalty" to Parker by giving him the guaranteed contract. He is going to get that money no matter where he plays. It doesn't mean they won't trade him.

Keep believing whatever want, but him being involved in "trade rumors" - which were clearly a redding herring to throw people off the actual move they wanted (Hill for the 18th pick) - doesn't prove that they will suddenly cut bait with him.

He bas been just as important as Timmy and Manu, especially during the latter half of their time together as Manu and Timmy have declined. Now, Tony is declining and they probably find a way to work around his declining ability. His is still highly efficient, knows the system like the back of his hand and obviously knows he is declining.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Excellent point. You can't buy him out with millions and then have millions left to bring in some fantasy All Star free agent with a skill set off the chart. And as far as a trade, if he is as bad as you think, what team would give us a great young PG for him?

If the Spurs trade him, they're not going to get a point guard for him. Basically he only becomes valuable in 0.1% scenarios like getting Dwight Howard or Lebron James.

The Spurs have another point guard on the roster that was drafted in the first round. Nobody wants him to play.

TheGoldStandard
06-13-2016, 12:06 PM
If the Spurs trade him, they're not going to get a point guard for him. Basically he only becomes valuable in 0.1% scenarios like getting Dwight Howard or Lebron James.

The Spurs have another point guard on the roster that was drafted in the first round. Nobody wants him to play.

Weapon X is coming!

NameLess Scrub
06-13-2016, 12:56 PM

I try too.. it isn't worth a discussion unless on a "what if" basis.

Obstructed_View
06-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Have you ever read anything about child abuse where one child is singled out for the abuse and other children escape it? SpursTalk is like that family. There is always one player that is picked out by "fans" as the reason why we don't win a championship every year. Sometimes it is a bench player like Bonner but it is always more excitiing to these fans to gang up on a starter. Don't worry, they will always have a designated scapegoat.

Who was the starting center for an entire season.

TheGoldStandard
06-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Who was the starting center for an entire season.

:pop:Who is Davis Bertans? I love jeopardy