PDA

View Full Version : Is Pop gonna waste Duncan's last year playing Kyle Anderson in the playoffs?

dabom
06-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Just wanna know if Pop ever learns anything not 2 years apart.

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Relax its CIA Pop, he never makes mistakes. He only played Kyle in the playoffs so he can catch OKC off guard next season when he plays him 25 MPG instead of 15

dabom
06-13-2016, 10:47 AM
The only thing worse than this past years playing time given to Fathead is the possibility of even more mpg.

TheGoldStandard
06-13-2016, 10:50 AM
:pop: Just consider me Professor X

http://i64.tinypic.com/2n0lx6v.jpg

TheGreatYacht
06-13-2016, 10:53 AM
:pop: Just consider me Professor X

Killing them with corporate knowledge :wow

TheGoldStandard
06-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Killing them with corporate knowledge :wow

:pop: Tony is like Deadpool. He's a cancer but you can't get rid of him and he's always good for a laugh.

dabom
06-13-2016, 10:58 AM
:pop: Tony is like Deadpool. He's a cancer but you can't get rid of him and he's always good for a laugh.

:lol

Russo21
06-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Hopefully he didn't already waste Duncan's last year by playing Anderson in the playoffs ::hang

Spurtacular
06-13-2016, 11:27 PM
All deebs knows about basketball could fit into a thimble.

offset formation
06-14-2016, 12:37 AM
I laugh at the Kyle Anderson hate. It shows pure ignorance. There were times during this year he was easily one of the 5 best. He's 22, and just coming off his second year. He will undoubtedly play himself into the starting lineup within a couple years, by the age of 24-25. His jumpshot improved and his defensive understanding was leaps and bounds better this year.

Only fools can't see that. Then again, this board is full of fools. Hateful, ignorant, bigoted fools.

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 12:45 AM
I laugh at the Kyle Anderson hate. It shows pure ignorance. There were times during this year he was easily one of the 5 best. He's 22, and just coming off his second year. He will undoubtedly play himself into the starting lineup within a couple years, by the age of 24-25. His jumpshot improved and his defensive understanding was leaps and bounds better this year.

Only fools can't see that. Then again, this board is full of fools. Hateful, ignorant, bigoted fools.

SAGirl
06-14-2016, 01:33 AM

Not all, but the loudest, and most obvious trolls yes and they won't go away. To post in their thread is to fuel them further and bump their troll thread, thus I have given up with them.
Thanks for posting though. :tu
Frankly Kyle barely had the ball and got very short minutes, not sufficient to get a rhythm or get shots or opportunities. That was not his role, he was just there to give Kawhi a breather. Now, if Pop didn't balance rotations otherwise that was on him, and if the rest other 4 men in that bench were incapable of scoring and needed either Kawhi or LMA to hold their hands, that is on them. He's just the easiest scapegoat bc Patty Mills is a favorite of these trolls and they won't blame him or acknowledge that he was just absolutely horrible all playoffs and the latter part of the season really (bc they already hate on Tony, so they are reluctant to troll on Patty), and from there on everyone in the bench was absolutely ghastly, including Manu. So yea, when the alternative is blaming all the veterans in the bench, its better to blame the kid.

Ditty
06-14-2016, 01:46 AM
He isn't probably going to play in the summer league this summer, but he really needs to improve on a couple things. I really hope we get a look at him next year as a backup point guard if Mills and Manu aren't here. I think he is out of position, and shouldn't be playing back up 3 at this point. The question will be is he quick enough to guard point guards in the NBA like Shaun Livingston can who is the the same size, and pretty lengthy also? I think Anderson's literal quickness on defense is underrated, but at this point of his career I haven't been thrilled by Kyle for the most part. Hopefully this is his breakout season especially as a playmaker off the bench.

SAGirl
06-14-2016, 01:57 AM
He isn't probably going to play in the summer league this summer, but he really needs to improve on a couple things. I really hope we get a look at him next year as a backup point guard if Mills and Manu aren't here. I think he is out of position, and shouldn't be playing back up 3 at this point. The question will be is he quick enough to guard point guards in the NBA like Shaun Livingston can who is the the same size, and pretty lengthy also? I think Anderson's literal quickness on defense is underrated, but at this point of his career I haven't been thrilled by Kyle for the most part. Hopefully this is his breakout season especially as a playmaker off the bench.
We'll see. That is on Pop. If he doesn't get an increased role in terms of playmaking this upcoming season, they should look at trading him. He clearly has talent as a playmaker and passer, but the presence of so many playmakers in the bench doesn't take advantage of him in that role. Manu still creates and needs the ball a lot and after that, Boris and Patty.

I was tempted to make a post about how this past season was really Pop starting to turn over the bench to Patty. He had Manu there for help, but Patty had the ball a whole lot and was used for large stretches as a traditional PG. I think it was Pop trying to push Mills' development as a playmaker along. He had some good games sometimes, but he's clearly too much of a shooter and tends to chuck way too much when his shot isn't falling. Since he's not the kind of PG that gets to the foul line or to the basket it was strange bc when Mills' jumpshot isn't on, there isn't much else he can do.

I consider this past season as if it was Kyle's rookie season. He really wasn't integrated his rook season, and played spot minutes. His best games where when Kawhi was injured and he was quickly dispatched to the dleague the rest of the season after that. He clearly needed it and it was for the best. But the point is, if they don't plan to turn over more playmaking duties on his shoulders b4 his rookie deal is up (within the next couple of seasons), they won't ever get the best of his ability.

Now if you consider this season as the first one that Pop really had him in the team and coached him personally, then it makes sense that they took it slow. Next season I'd expect more playmaking duties for him and he either makes it or he won't. But to judge him as a playmaker based on a season in which he was played off the ball and Pop was clearly trying to push Mills as a true PG (with mixed results at best) is misguided. He is still 22. There are players in this draft older than he is. He's actually within the first 15 players in his draft class in many metrics even played out of position as he was.

I truly expect that he will be better next season, but yes, let's scapegoat the disappointing results of the season on Kyle. :lol

z0sa
06-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Number one rotation mistake was benching Kawhi for Kyle in the first quarters. Kyles definitely overrated by Pop.

bklynspursfan
06-14-2016, 09:19 AM
We'll see. That is on Pop. If he doesn't get an increased role in terms of playmaking this upcoming season, they should look at trading him. He clearly has talent as a playmaker and passer, but the presence of so many playmakers in the bench doesn't take advantage of him in that role. Manu still creates and needs the ball a lot and after that, Boris and Patty.

I was tempted to make a post about how this past season was really Pop starting to turn over the bench to Patty. He had Manu there for help, but Patty had the ball a whole lot and was used for large stretches as a traditional PG. I think it was Pop trying to push Mills' development as a playmaker along. He had some good games sometimes, but he's clearly too much of a shooter and tends to chuck way too much when his shot isn't falling. Since he's not the kind of PG that gets to the foul line or to the basket it was strange bc when Mills' jumpshot isn't on, there isn't much else he can do.

I consider this past season as if it was Kyle's rookie season. He really wasn't integrated his rook season, and played spot minutes. His best games where when Kawhi was injured and he was quickly dispatched to the dleague the rest of the season after that. He clearly needed it and it was for the best. But the point is, if they don't plan to turn over more playmaking duties on his shoulders b4 his rookie deal is up (within the next couple of seasons), they won't ever get the best of his ability.

Now if you consider this season as the first one that Pop really had him in the team and coached him personally, then it makes sense that they took it slow. Next season I'd expect more playmaking duties for him and he either makes it or he won't. But to judge him as a playmaker based on a season in which he was played off the ball and Pop was clearly trying to push Mills as a true PG (with mixed results at best) is misguided. He is still 22. There are players in this draft older than he is. He's actually within the first 15 players in his draft class in many metrics even played out of position as he was.

I truly expect that he will be better next season, but yes, let's scapegoat the disappointing results of the season on Kyle. :lol

Idk, I feel like Joseph was in a similar position, but he really started to make strides and impact the game even with limited time. Different kind of player of course, but he too wasn't getting a ton of time, and spent a lot of time in the D-League. Joseph fought and hustled like hell while he was out there, and he really improved his mid-range jump shot. When Anderson is out there, I could see some improvement in a game, but then his next couple it's like he took 3 steps back.

I get the whole, he doesn't get time so he can't develop chemistry, but that's not always true. I think the jump shot should be the thing he works on the most. Cause while it's not his game, if he can't catch and shoot in our system, then he's going to hurt us. I mean even Parker plays off the ball and will camp in the corner and shoot, and he couldn't shoot worth a lick when he got in the league. If he's a playmaker, that's fine, that'll come with repetition and what not. But he's got to get some confidence in that shot of his

cascaders
06-14-2016, 10:11 AM
pop better get KD to join

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 12:07 PM
pop better get KD to join

:pop: He can play behind Kyle till he learns the ropes.

dabom
06-14-2016, 12:19 PM
:pop: He can play behind Kyle till he learns the ropes.

:lmao

I seriously start laughing when I see your name on recent post on a thread. :lol

SAGirl
06-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Idk, I feel like Joseph was in a similar position, but he really started to make strides and impact the game even with limited time. Different kind of player of course, but he too wasn't getting a ton of time, and spent a lot of time in the D-League. Joseph fought and hustled like hell while he was out there, and he really improved his mid-range jump shot. When Anderson is out there, I could see some improvement in a game, but then his next couple it's like he took 3 steps back.

I get the whole, he doesn't get time so he can't develop chemistry, but that's not always true. I think the jump shot should be the thing he works on the most. Cause while it's not his game, if he can't catch and shoot in our system, then he's going to hurt us. I mean even Parker plays off the ball and will camp in the corner and shoot, and he couldn't shoot worth a lick when he got in the league. If he's a playmaker, that's fine, that'll come with repetition and what not. But he's got to get some confidence in that shot of his
Kyle's really a playmaker, Joseph was not. He's already played more than Cojo did his second season. He really needs to improve on the 3, which he's admitted he's not where the team needs him to be, but if you draft Anderson to play him off the ball, you are definitely not going to get the most out of him. You'd be much better served with a Bertans type. Cojo didn't really flourish until he got out of San Antonio. He did make strides, but he was not a regular and was always yanked in and out and ceding time to Mills. Do something like that to Ginobili or any of the regular vets. It does affect rhythm, confidence etc. Anderson may be the same way as Cojo unfortunately. It may take him being somewhere else with more opportunities for him to flourish and then we'd be here thinking wtf was Pop thinking.

Cojo could have served us more than Mills going forward who was a perfect to complement Ginobili but the bench should no longer be structured like that. It's time to put the ball in someone younger's hands. I think personally Pop gave the chance to Mills this past season while he also tried to develop both Simmons and Anderson whenever he could spare it (garbage time and towards the end of the season). The Mills experiment was a flop, so it's time to try someone new.

UZER
06-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Last years? He wasted the last half of his career with Bonner.

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Last years? He wasted the last half of his career with Bonner.

:pop: Lay off Junior.. he stretched the floor.

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Cory Joseph played defense and attacked the rim. Fathead does neither :wakeup

Brazil
06-14-2016, 01:48 PM
slurp slurp Kyle... hummm Kyle...slurp slurp....Kyle...playmaker huuummmm...ooohhhh... aahhhhh....yesssss

Kikoluna
06-14-2016, 08:27 PM

Wow, it's not trolling. Kyle Anderson is atrocious. The man ignited okc's run. He has no business playing a second , outside garbage time

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Wow, it's not trolling. Kyle Anderson is atrocious. The man ignited okc's run. He has no business playing a second , outside garbage time

:pop: It's not about any one person. You've got to get over yourself and realize that it takes a group to get this thing done. Besides, Kyle is like a swiss army knife, he can play all 5 positions.

spurraider21
06-14-2016, 09:20 PM
is OP going to waste duncan's last year by shitposting on the only decent spurs forum?

offset formation
06-15-2016, 12:08 AM

Ok, thanks genius. I'll take your assessment of his play, cross reference it with PATFO, Sean Elliott, league officials that praised his improvement, and then put it in the toilet, shit on it, then flush it down the fucking drain.

Carry on.

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2016, 12:57 AM
PATFO,
yeah, the geniuses that kept Bonner around for 10 years.

Sean Elliott,
Ultimate Spurs homer. Almost convinced me that Ayres was decent

league officials that praised his improvement
oh yeah, so praised that he was often left alone at the 3pt line.. Just so Kyle can pass up the open shot

Sean Cagney
06-15-2016, 01:38 AM
:pop: Lay off Junior.. he stretched the floor.
Don't forget he hustles too!

Kikoluna
06-15-2016, 06:41 AM
Ok, thanks genius. I'll take your assessment of his play, cross reference it with PATFO, Sean Elliott, league officials that praised his improvement, and then put it in the toilet, shit on it, then flush it down the fucking drain.

Carry on.
It's a spurs forum where you talk about the spurs man. I'm not getting paid to hire fire players. I'm just a fan saying Kyle is worthless. So according to you nobody can give him or her opinion on the spurs. Only front office and sean? Eat a snickers

dabom
06-15-2016, 06:43 AM
It's a spurs forum where you talk about the spurs man. I'm not getting paid to hire fire players. I'm just a fan saying Kyle is worthless. So according to you nobody can give him or her opinion on the spurs. Only front office and sean? Eat a snickers
:lol

cutewizard
06-15-2016, 07:08 AM
when Kyle suddenly becomes the point forward of the Spurs, then everyone here criticizing him shall be shocked.....

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2016, 09:47 AM
when Kyle suddenly becomes the point forward of the Spurs
Hopefully the #1 pick will be worth the tanking, tbh...

TheGoldStandard
06-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Hopefully the #1 pick will be worth the tanking, tbh...

Delusional Spur fan will be happy with how the team played in the first few months of the season before Tim had to use a wheel chair on court to get around and before Manu needed Steve Nash treatment to get into games. Parker was given a dribble count, can't dribble more than 15 times before he has to pass the ball and Kyle showed promise because he stayed in front of a few players and averaged 6 points instead of 5. This will prompt the Spurs to be the first team to ever Draft and Stash a #1 while they bring the back together for one more more run.

bklynspursfan
06-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Kyle's really a playmaker, Joseph was not. He's already played more than Cojo did his second season. He really needs to improve on the 3, which he's admitted he's not where the team needs him to be, but if you draft Anderson to play him off the ball, you are definitely not going to get the most out of him. You'd be much better served with a Bertans type.

True, but everyone should be rerady to catch and shoot on this team, regardless of what your strong point is. It also doesn't excuse the sometimes lackadaisical stuff defensively regarding loose-balls/rebounding, etc... I know he's on the slower side, but instincts have to be better.

(decent write-up on Anderson here- http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/6/14/11926166/kyle-anderson-scouting-report )

Cojo didn't really flourish until he got out of San Antonio. He did make strides, but he was not a regular and was always yanked in and out and ceding time to Mills. Do something like that to Ginobili or any of the regular vets. It does affect rhythm, confidence etc. Anderson may be the same way as Cojo unfortunately. It may take him being somewhere else with more opportunities for him to flourish and then we'd be here thinking wtf was Pop thinking.

Cojo started coming into his own towards the end, when Parker would sit out and he would take over. I think that OKC game 6 series where he was just amazing in the closeout with Parker out was an indicator of what he could do. Anytime he came in, he was usually solid. Didn't try and do too much, maybe not as aggressive as he could be, but he was never out of character. He hurt us offensively at times cause he wasn't a scorer, but he was a very good defender, and we could always count on him for that. So re: Anderson, you might be right. He might be able to flourish somewhere else. That's OK for both sides IMO if it comes to that. I just think Anderson needs to get stronger in other areas other than what his "comfort" zone is. You don't become great by staying in your comfort zone, you have to be able to do other things, at any given time.

Cojo could have served us more than Mills going forward who was a perfect to complement Ginobili but the bench should no longer be structured like that. It's time to put the ball in someone younger's hands. I think personally Pop gave the chance to Mills this past season while he also tried to develop both Simmons and Anderson whenever he could spare it (garbage time and towards the end of the season). The Mills experiment was a flop, so it's time to try someone new.

Mills had a down year, but he is key because he spreads the floor and can get going in a hurry offensively. Just prior to the shoulder surgery, he was a huge reason why we won it all. Not to mention we got him much cheaper than we should've cause of the shoulder surgery, so his contract isn't an issue. He's a shooter, and shooters struggle. (See Danny Green) but when they get going, it makes the team soooo much better and dangerous. So you live with some of the shots they take/miss. I don't think the Mills experiment was a flop by any means. I think we just had several guys have down years, in a very new system with a guy like LMA coming in. Mills is only 27, so I don't see them going away from what they tried. I think they'll tinker a bit, and maybe we'll see our younger guys get a few more minutes, but Pop is a stickler for corporate knowledge. If the Anderson/Simmons/Boban's of the world still make mistakes that they shouldn't, it'll hurt their chances of playing . Idk if that's fair or not, but that's usually how it is.

Cklbmk
06-15-2016, 04:21 PM

Truth

Kikoluna
06-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Wtf, all these people saying " people that hate Kyle don't understand the game", major bs. The play where the okc guy shoots the corner 3 and Kyle is so confused as to who to cover sums up his game.

TheGoldStandard
06-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Wtf, all these people saying " people that hate Kyle don't understand the game", major bs. The play where the okc guy shoots the corner 3 and Kyle is so confused as to who to cover sums up his game.

:pop: That's actually a defensive set called Confusion. Tony runs that one almost flawlessly.

offset formation
06-15-2016, 07:05 PM
yeah, the geniuses that kept Bonner around for 10 years.

Ultimate Spurs homer. Almost convinced me that Ayres was decent

oh yeah, so praised that he was often left alone at the 3pt line.. Just so Kyle can pass up the open shot

The ones that have won you 5 NBA titles and counting, and who is nearly universally considered the creme de la creme of NBA coaches and front offices.

You are dismissed.

offset formation
06-15-2016, 07:06 PM

You should bring facts to back up your like, opinions, man.

tholdren
06-15-2016, 07:07 PM
The ones that have won you 5 NBA titles and counting, and who WAS nearly universally considered the creme de la creme of NBA coaches and front offices.

You are dismissed.
fify

offset formation
06-15-2016, 07:13 PM

He was 22. I bet you fucked up plenty of shit at 22.

tholdren
06-16-2016, 04:49 PM
He was 22. I bet you fucked up plenty of shit at 22.
Never as bad as KA tbh.