PDA

View Full Version : Kodi

SpursforSix
06-13-2016, 04:09 PM
So I installed Kodi on our Fire TV box. Then the addons 1Channel and Exodus.
I as pretty excited until I starting trying to watch a movie. Had to try a few different sites to finally get one to load. Then the stream slowed down to about a frame a second.
I tried out an older movie and it seemed to run better and then checked a Game of Thrones stream.

Is this normal? That it's difficult to find a decent stream of a newer movie?

clambake
06-13-2016, 04:40 PM
sounds like you need to replace the bushings.

leemajors
06-13-2016, 05:31 PM
I as pretty excited until I starting trying to watch a movie. Had to try a few different sites to finally get one to load. Then the stream slowed down to about a frame a second.
I tried out an older movie and it seemed to run better and then checked a Game of Thrones stream.

were you all wearing beats?

SpursforSix
06-13-2016, 06:50 PM
were you all wearing beats?

I was about to watch a movie. Of course I was wearing Beats.

I'm just trying to understand if my Kodi experience is normal or if there are some settings I need to mess with. My Amazon and Netflix streams fine even though the Internet is shit out where I live.

jermaine
06-13-2016, 08:24 PM
I started the same thread about my Amazon firestick.... i dont know any good addons myself. I wish i knew if I'd be able to watch league pass on it cuz i get it every season.

resistanze
06-13-2016, 09:07 PM
SALTS

lefty
06-13-2016, 10:04 PM
SALTS
Fibersat

ColinB
06-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Not the norm for me. I get solid streams from Exodus the majority of the time.

SpursforSix
06-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Not the norm for me. I get solid streams from Exodus the majority of the time.

Maybe it's my internet provider. It's Suddenlink which is our only option. But other stuff streams fine. I don't guess I should call them and complain that XMen Apocalypse won't stream.

chunticakes
06-14-2016, 02:42 AM
Get the beast build.

I have solid streams with SALTS and Exodus.

Xevious
06-14-2016, 03:36 AM
How fast is your internet connection?

jermaine
06-14-2016, 07:00 AM
I use Spinztv build....

jermaine
06-14-2016, 07:01 AM
I dont watch enough tv to really see how it works with live tv... but I've watched alot of movies. Some have subtitles though.

SpursforSix
06-14-2016, 09:32 AM
How fast is your internet connection?

I believe it's about 5-6 down. 10 is what it's advertised at which I assume would be the max.

Xevious
06-15-2016, 02:40 AM
I believe it's about 5-6 down. 10 is what it's advertised at which I assume would be the max.

That's most of your problem right there.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 10:51 AM
That's most of your problem right there.

That's kind of what I was figuring. But as I said, Netflix and Amazon stream fine. But I suppose they have something that optimizes the stream?

Xevious
06-15-2016, 03:08 PM
That's kind of what I was figuring. But as I said, Netflix and Amazon stream fine. But I suppose they have something that optimizes the stream?
I don't know the details behind it, but Netflix really isn't a good barometer as it functions pretty well universally. The streams you'll find on Kodi (especially the live ones) require a great deal more bandwidth.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 03:12 PM
I don't know the details behind it, but Netflix really isn't a good barometer as it functions pretty well universally. The streams you'll find on Kodi (especially the live ones) require a great deal more bandwidth.

ah. Thanks for the explanation. that sucks. Guess I'll have to wait for faster internet.

I. Hustle
06-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Shobox

I saw Warcrapt at home already

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Shobox

I saw Warcrapt at home already

Since my internet sucks and I can't use Kodi, I'm going to PM you some movies and a schedule. You're going to stream the movies according to the schedule and FaceTime me and point your phone at the movie. Got it?

I. Hustle
06-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Since my internet sucks and I can't use Kodi, I'm going to PM you some movies and a schedule. You're going to stream the movies according to the schedule and FaceTime me and point your phone at the movie. Got it?

I can't guarantee that you won't see my penis quite often. I don't know how to face time without showing it.

I. Hustle
06-15-2016, 03:39 PM
What kind of tv do you got? I just have shobox on my phone then play it on my tv.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 03:50 PM
What kind of tv do you got? I just have shobox on my phone then play it on my tv.

Beats

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 03:52 PM

for real dough...how the fuck am I going to stream a movie to my phone over the same internet where I can't stream it to my box?

I. Hustle
06-15-2016, 06:12 PM
for real dough...how the fuck am I going to stream a movie to my phone over the same internet where I can't stream it to my box?

FRD I download it to my phone then watch it.FRD

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 06:16 PM
FRD I download it to my phone then watch it.FRD

Could I download it to other things? Like my shoes? Or a cracker?

I. Hustle
06-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Could I download it to other things? Like my shoes? Or a cracker?

If you download it to your penis, you could watch it through your wife or boyfriend's eyes.

SpursforSix
06-16-2016, 09:44 AM
If you download it to your penis, you could watch it through your wife or boyfriend's eyes.

My boyfriend has glaucoma you son of a bitch.

I. Hustle
06-16-2016, 09:50 AM
My boyfriend has glaucoma you son of a bitch.

Smoke some ganja while watching. The smoke will help his eyes.

SpursforSix
06-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Smoke some ganja while watching. The smoke will help his eyes.

You know I have emphysema.

I. Hustle
06-16-2016, 10:57 AM
You know I have emphysema.

Plus the smoke might make it hard to watch the movie. Clearly I have never before been in this type of predicament.

Why don't you carve out a spot on his back and place a screen there? Then you can watch while you are analizing him.

SpursforSix
06-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Plus the smoke might make it hard to watch the movie. Clearly I have never before been in this type of predicament.

Why don't you carve out a spot on his back and place a screen there? Then you can watch while you are analizing him.

Maybe...

Can you draft a schematic?

I. Hustle
06-16-2016, 11:20 AM
Maybe...

Can you draft a schematic?

sent you a pm.

Please don't share it with anyone as I had to use real people.

SpursforSix
06-16-2016, 11:25 AM
sent you a pm.

Please don't share it with anyone as I had to use real people.

:tu

LOL at that dude's expression.

DMC
06-18-2016, 10:04 AM

I think you could get Mr Poopypants McFartyface to stream pretty well. If that didn't work, try "dookie britches El booger snots".

Of course you could just bend over in the mirror and watch yourself shit. That's entertaining.

DMC
06-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Bend over, I'll stream it to your box.

sickdsm
06-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Builds are for newbies. Have fun constantly getting errors with bad addons, updating addons that you've never used and stupid lists like british gangster films cluttering up your experience. The beast is the worst at this, bloatware.

I use a metropolis skin with about ten addons, mainly only use Exodus. Works flawlessly on 8 mbs. You learn which hosts work better than others. Gvideo or vk is a sure thing. exodus doesn't have a huge amount of hd links. I used to subscibe to realdebrid for about $3 a month, well worth it if you have fast interenet. Lots of hd with 5.1 audio on there. Use a couple differnet addons for live tv, Scarface works the best for american channels. Use phoenix, pro sports, sportsdevel, moneysports, for live sports but those are always iffy on a major event.

If you have great internet, a realdebrid account coupled with trakt.tv is the best setup.

I watch more in theatre movies than a fat guy who lives a block away from the theatre. Generally i pop a movie on and if its good i stay awake, if i fall asleep, oh well.

best setup i have is an android m8s box in my shop, i use it mainly for music. tune in and cracked spotify, i also have kodi and dish network with a borrowed log in i use rarely.

phxspurfan
06-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Why not just use Chromecast

SpursforSix
06-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Why not just use Chromecast

Why not just poop on the floor and stomp in it barefoot.

z0sa
06-19-2016, 06:25 AM
Usually I steal tv from my mom and stepdad via the directv app. Non nationally televised games seem to be blacked out though, which always confused me. How can the channel work on the tv and not the app? Guess thats for a different thread.

Btw, not sure if it will change much, but try completely severing power to your modem/router for at least a full 60 second count. It can work small wonders in my experience.