PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry, system player?

mywastedlife900
06-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Of course not, but 2 years in a row he looks like a complimentary piece on the biggest stage. If Klay hadn't gone crazy at the end of game 5 against OKC, Curry would be watching the Finals at home.

Having said that the only reason I made this thread is because it seems a perfect time to point out how ridiculous the Kawhi hate is here from certain users. Just goes to show how the playoffs, with gameplans designed to take away a teams best player are a different animal than the regular season. Curry has Klay out there on the perimeter with him, I like Danny Green but Kawhi is pretty much out there alone. Not to mention Curry is a PG and has the ball in his hands while Kawhi has to rely on Parker to give up the rock. I know different positions, different styles, but keep this in mind when the trolls point to Kawhi for being inconsistent.

Nathan89
06-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Curry and Klay are what make this team so unstoppable. That combined with they are stacked with no real weaknesses.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Curry didn't look like a complimentary piece in last year's Finals, Cleveland's entire defense was focused on him while Thompson and Green were horrendous, tbh..

He's pretty clearly hurt, though IMO..I don't think it's a coincidence that his performance has declined dramatically since returning from injury, only showing short flashes of greatness..

SAGirl
06-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Of course not, but 2 years in a row he looks like a complimentary piece on the biggest stage. If Klay hadn't gone crazy at the end of game 5 against OKC, Curry would be watching the Finals at home.

Having said that the only reason I made this thread is because it seems a perfect time to point out how ridiculous the Kawhi hate is here from certain users. Just goes to show how the playoffs, with gameplans designed to take away a teams best player are a different animal than the regular season. Curry has Klay out there on the perimeter with him, I like Danny Green but Kawhi is pretty much out there alone. Not to mention Curry is a PG and has the ball in his hands while Kawhi has to rely on Parker to give up the rock. I know different positions, different styles, but keep this in mind when the trolls point to Kawhi for being inconsistent.
only your sixth post hah... welcome wastedlife900!
lol there will always be haters and scapegoats bc a few guys are just trolls for jiggles. The team for sure needs better guard play. It used to be Manu Ginobili that saved the guards, but he no longer can do that.

james evans
06-14-2016, 02:27 AM
Curry didn't look like a complimentary piece in last year's Finals, Cleveland's entire defense was focused on him while Thompson and Green were horrendous, tbh..

He's pretty clearly hurt, though IMO..I don't think it's a coincidence that his performance has declined dramatically since returning from injury, only showing short flashes of greatness..
The only thing hurting is his pride when the offense attacks him. Nothing's wrong with him. There was no "hurt excuse" when he scored 38, so don't use it now.

Sean Cagney
06-14-2016, 02:30 AM
The only thing hurting is his pride when the offense attacks him. Nothing's wrong with him. There was no "hurt excuse" when he scored 38, so don't use it now.

He looked pretty back in games 5-7 in the OKC series too tbh. He is not that banged up right now.

r0drig0lac
06-14-2016, 06:21 AM

yep , he's just hurt when not playing well, Curry fans are a thing

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 08:16 AM
:pop: Kyle's the better player

manu2timdynasty
06-14-2016, 08:40 AM

Last Finals Currys mediocre play made Matthew Dellavedovas defense look so good he got a street named after him.
I like Curry but hes not hurt. Even if he was its still a testament to how his team can carry him.

Spurs9
06-14-2016, 08:42 AM
:pop: Kyle's the better player
:pop: Anderson plays with more swag

keeferob25
06-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Curry was other-worldly this regular season but watching him and the Warriors this playoffs makes me appreciate Duncan's 2003 season (start to finish) that much more. Duncan led the team in EVERY major statistical category except steals in the playoffs. Its absolutely insane to me for a BIG to lead the team in assists over the entire course of a playoffs/championship run. Just shouldn't and doesn't happen. The team as a whole shot like 40% the entire playoffs outside of him. In other words Duncan HAD to shoulder the load in essentially EVERY facet for 24 of the toughest games of the season. He basically COULDN'T take a night off or they don't compete. Curry can rely and heavily at that on others for support and not even be the best player on a number of nights. Duncan really didn't have that luxury. Curry's a beast no doubt but that year was historic.

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2016, 02:54 PM

He's struggling against mediocre defensive teams(OKC, Cleveland) that he destroyed in the RS..even in games where he plays well(game 4 vs. Portland, 38 vs. OKC), he doesn't look anywhere near his usual form from an efficiency standpoint..it's not a coincidence that he has looked like a different player since getting hurt..

A great player can still show flashes, even when hurt(Tim Duncan in 2005 with 2 bum ankles struggled vs. Denver and a horrible Sonics defense IIRC, for example)..

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Finals Currys mediocre play made Matthew Dellavedovas defense look so good he got a street named after him.
I like Curry but hes not hurt. Even if he was its still a testament to how his team can carry him.

Curry averaged 26 on 59% TS in last year's Finals..they were doubling him off the ball and trapping him when he had it in his hands, all series..it's the reason Iguodala had easy reads and open shots every game..

manu2timdynasty
06-14-2016, 03:08 PM
He was wildly inconsistent. He shot 44% stop trying to put lipstick on a pig with this *TS bullshit.

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 03:17 PM
Curry averaged 26 on 59% TS in last year's Finals..they were doubling him off the ball and trapping him when he had it in his hands, all series..it's the reason Iguodala had easy reads and open shots every game..

You mean like 2014 Porker when he couldn't believe the Heat were leaving Danny open to blitz him.:lol (You wanted him to be crucified despite him playing w/ a an ankle/hammy injury)

He's struggling against mediocre defensive teams(OKC, Cleveland) that he destroyed in the RS..even in games where he plays well(game 4 vs. Portland, 38 vs. OKC), he doesn't look anywhere near his usual form from an efficiency standpoint..it's not a coincidence that he has looked like a different player since getting hurt..

You mean like 2013 Finals MVPorker?#noexcuses

A great player can still show flashes, even when hurt(Tim Duncan in 2005 with 2 bum ankles struggled vs. Denver and a horrible Sonics defense IIRC, for example)..

Except for the part where Tim was still a DOMINANT defensive player even when he was struggling to finish in the paint, meanwhile Kyrie (the guy that you said was a scrubby ass gunner) is roasting Wardell in historic fashion.:lol

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2016, 03:22 PM
You mean like 2014 Porker when he couldn't believe the Heat were leaving Danny open to blitz him.:lol (You wanted him to be crucified despite him playing w/ a an ankle/hammy injury)

You mean like 2013 Finals MVPorker?#noexcuses

Except for the part where Tim was still a DOMINANT defensive player even when he was struggling to finish in the paint, meanwhile Kyrie (the guy that you said was a scrubby ass gunner) is roasting Wardell in historic fashion.:lol

Parker's hamstring was widely mentioned in the 2013 Finals, by both the fans and the media:lol

I'm not arguing Duncan vs. Curry, I'm just giving the example that a great player can still show flashes of greatness, but can be limited by injury..Duncan in 2005 had the worst offensive playoff run of his prime, all Spurs fans knew he was playing though serious injuries, he didn't just decline overnight..

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Parker's hamstring was widely mentioned in the 2013 Finals, by both the fans and the media:lol

The media members who suck off the Duds & Wardell fan boys *cough*HarlemHeat37*cough* are playing up the injury narrative meanwhile NOBODY outside of ST brings up Porker's injury when the 2013 Finals are brought up.:lol

TD 21
06-14-2016, 04:00 PM
The media members who suck off the Duds & Wardell fan boys *cough*HarlemHeat37*cough* are playing up the injury narrative meanwhile NOBODY outside of ST brings up Porker's injury when the 2013 Finals are brought up.:lol

:tu

Harlem is not wrong; Curry is clearly not right. But you're bang on, in that him and other closet Warriors fans (which includes the vast majority of the media) clearly pick and choose who to grant the injury mulligan to based on the player/team.

Duncan never got the benefit of the doubt in '05 or '16, Ginobili never got it in '13, Parker never got it in '13 or '15, etc., but heaven forbid golden boy take some heat.

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 04:46 PM
:tu
Harlem is not wrong; Curry is clearly not right. But you're bang on, in that him and other closet Warriors fans (which includes the vast majority of the media) clearly pick and choose who to grant the injury mulligan to based on the player/team.

Folks were asking for Wade's head in 2012 when he had to have his knees drained b/w games & he ended up taking over the series after the Heat went down 2-1 to the Pacers while the Bosh was nursing an injury.

In the days between Games 3 and 4, Wade faced some of the harshest criticism from the Heat fan base -- with some suggesting on Twitter that he be traded in the offseason.

He willed the Heat to a Gm 4 victory on the road & closed out the Pacers in Gm 6:

ciLa42MaZCE

LfWCVEDwE5I

He also got shitted on in 2013:

And, as Zach Lowe noted in his piece for Grantland following Game 4, Wade's struggles to pose a consistent threat on offense have reached the point that the Pacers now assign their foul-troubled wings to guard him specifically. That very thought is irreconcilable with what we know of Wade as a basketball entity. While it may be understandable for Frank Vogel to shift Paul George off of James after racking up a few fouls, that Wade has devolved to provide some sense of safety in that scenario is fairly incredible. There may be no more apt evidence of Wade's current defects than that.

He came up big in Gm 4 of the the Finals & was responsible for the first offensive rebound in Gm 6 when he fought off Diaw/Kawhi/Manu to tip it out:

WKul1k36qm4

Meanwhile, Wardell can play like 2013 Finals Turnobili & his fan boys are going to excuse him citing his knee injury.:lol

TheGoldStandard
06-14-2016, 04:48 PM
:pop: He can spot up in the corner in my system.

SpursforSix
06-14-2016, 04:50 PM
Folks were asking for Wade's head in 2012 when he had to have his knees drained b/w games & he ended up taking over the series after the Heat went down 2-1 to the Pacers while the Bosh was nursing an injury.

He willed the Heat to a Gm 4 victory on the road & closed out the Pacers in Gm 6:

He also got shitted on in 2013:

He came up big in Gm 4 of the the Finals & was responsible for the first offensive rebound in Gm 6:

Meanwhile, Wardell can play like 2013 Finals Turnobili & his fan boys are going to excuse him citing his knee injury.:lol

Wade's got his own ring. That's worth something.

Can't remember the thread but someone had him listed as a Tier 2 star and someone that couldn't carry a team. When he was healthy, he was a great player.

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Wade's got his own ring. That's worth something.

Can't remember the thread but someone had him listed as a Tier 2 star and someone that couldn't carry a team. When he was healthy, he was a great player.

Wade has more rings than LeBron & was a champion before the Heatles were ever conceived. Even in the 2011, he was the best player in the Finals & utterly outplayed LeBron before he injured his hip in Gm 5. He basically led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals & blocks outside of garbage time.:lol

keeferob25
06-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Wade has more rings than LeBron & was a champion before the Heatles were ever conceived. Even in the 2011, he was the best player in the Finals & utterly outplayed LeBron before he injured his hip in Gm 5. He basically led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals & blocks outside of garbage time.:lol

With you 1000% on both the Curry crap excuses and the Wade love. THAT nigga gets shitted on like nobody's business when he is arguably a top 5 player post-Jordan...and frankly I find him to be clearly better as a player than Kobe who is insanely overrated (even if an alltime great). While I don't believe Curry is 100%, I do think he is at a minimum 85% healthy. That's WORLD's more healthy than 90% of the other cats that were shitted on historically that had legit excuses. Dude is given every excuse in the book when in this last game he was the main culprit for the loss if not for a garbage Harrison Barnes.

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 05:57 PM
With you 1000% on both the Curry crap excuses and the Wade love. THAT nigga gets shitted on like nobody's business when he is arguably a top 5 player post-Jordan...and frankly I find him to be clearly better as a player than Kobe who is insanely overrated (even if an alltime great).

Even Pop said Wade is the guy that reminds him of Jordan.:lol

While I don't believe Curry is 100%, I do think he is at a minimum 85% healthy. That's WORLD's more healthy than 90% of the other cats that were shitted on historically that had legit excuses. Dude is given every excuse in the book when in this last game he was the main culprit for the loss if not for a garbage Harrison Barnes.

Iverson in his MVP season was banged up from his head to his toes but that didn't stop him from outplaying Kirby:

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/AIFinals.jpg (http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/AIFinals.jpg)

Stabula
06-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Curry is an overrated chucker that takes stupid shots. His gimmick is he makes bad shots more than most other players. He's a streaky one way player, Thompson, Green, and Iguodala are all better than him. lol @ anyone who blames it on injury.

Mikeanaro
06-14-2016, 10:58 PM
yep , he's just hurt when not playing well, Curry fans are a thing

SAGirl
06-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Curry was other-worldly this regular season but watching him and the Warriors this playoffs makes me appreciate Duncan's 2003 season (start to finish) that much more. Duncan led the team in EVERY major statistical category except steals in the playoffs. Its absolutely insane to me for a BIG to lead the team in assists over the entire course of a playoffs/championship run. Just shouldn't and doesn't happen. The team as a whole shot like 40% the entire playoffs outside of him. In other words Duncan HAD to shoulder the load in essentially EVERY facet for 24 of the toughest games of the season. He basically COULDN'T take a night off or they don't compete. Curry can rely and heavily at that on others for support and not even be the best player on a number of nights. Duncan really didn't have that luxury. Curry's a beast no doubt but that year was historic.
TD was and is on another level as a player. Accomplishments like that make me sad that I missed that era and I have come to see him in his twilight, where he's still been magnificent but clearly not on that level. To sustain that kind of production when you are the one guy carrying the load throughout every game was just probably one of the most amazing feats by a player in the modern era. :flag: