PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened in a Finals game? Playoff game?

SASdynasty!
06-13-2016, 11:16 PM
No one scored more points, had more rebounds, had more assists, had more blocks, or had more steals than Lebron tonight. Surely that's never happened in the Finals. What about in the playoffs? Any Wilt experts know?

FromWayDowntown
06-13-2016, 11:22 PM
In Game 6 in 2003, Duncan had the game highs in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks, but not steals.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2016, 11:27 PM
ESPN Stats' Twitter will mention it, if true..I imagine that's going to take a minute to research, though:lol

Hoops Czar
06-13-2016, 11:28 PM
Leonard's never done that? Ooh right, he was short on Blocks, assists and steals.

Spurtacular
06-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Lebron playing with Lemmings. Of course his stats are going to be bloated.

SASdynasty!
06-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Lebron playing with Lemmings. Of course his stats are going to be bloated.

Lemmings? His teammate just arguably had the greatest Finals scoring performance of all time. Only 40+ point game on 70% in Finals history.

Clipper Nation
06-14-2016, 12:09 AM
Lemmings? His teammate just arguably had the greatest Finals scoring performance of all time. Only 40+ point game on 70% in Finals history.
A point guard who actually shows up in the playoffs, unlike fatshit.

SASdynasty!
06-14-2016, 12:09 AM
In Game 6 in 2003, Duncan had the game highs in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks, but not steals.
Dang, that's right. These guys are amazing and they overlapped eras, robbing each other of more titles.

SASdynasty!
06-14-2016, 12:10 AM
A point guard who actually shows up in the playoffs, unlike fatshit.
Both show up in the Finals, but Kyrie is still 4 titles and 1 FMVP short at this point.

Clipper Nation
06-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Both show up in the Finals, but Kyrie is still 4 titles and 1 FMVP short at this point.
Porker's taken at least three out of the case, Kyrie can't say the same.

Hoops Czar
06-14-2016, 12:23 AM
Porker's taken at least three out of the case, Kyrie can't say the same.

CP3's career = 1st or 2nd round exit. And you want to rag on Parker? :lol

cjw
06-14-2016, 12:48 AM

You beat me to it. Surprised CP3 didn't come to Draymond's defense considering how much both love to punch the D

r0drig0lac
06-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Lebron is one of the best, it's normal

UNT Eagles 2016
06-14-2016, 07:42 AM
You beat me to it. Surprised CP3 didn't come to Draymond's defense considering how much both love to punch the D

CN is some resident Spurfan's alt. The account was made not for love of the Clippers but to troll Laker fans.

bklynspursfan
06-14-2016, 09:36 AM

seriously lol... people are crazy man

Clipper Nation
06-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Porker's career without Duncan = warming the bench in the Euroleague.

hater
06-14-2016, 10:47 AM
Worriers are a shitty team tbqh.

Plus the team belong to Kyrie. Lebron is basically 2 role players rolled into one

FromWayDowntown
06-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Dang, that's right. These guys are amazing and they overlapped eras, robbing each other of more titles.

Duncan's Game 1 in 2003 was similar -- he had the game highs in points (32), rebounds (20), blocks (7), and steals (3), and only Jason Kidd (10) had more assists than Duncan's 6.

Spurtacular
06-14-2016, 04:50 PM

Okay, lemmings and Irving who he can defer to when he's tired. But big stats are to be expected when a guy is predominantly handling the ball.

Sean Cagney
06-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Duncan's Game 1 in 2003 was similar -- he had the game highs in points (32), rebounds (20), blocks (7), and steals (3), and only Jason Kidd (10) had more assists than Duncan's 6.

Commentators after game 1 replied on how they said they were happy not to face Shaq again too :lol Guess Tim was not one to face either.

tbdog
06-14-2016, 08:01 PM

Prime Duncan, man. That was 13 years ago. I remember the series, but forgot the dominance.

soxxx
06-15-2016, 05:04 AM
People needs to realize just how great lebron is. The guy plays both sides of the court, has to defend the top option, lead his team in rebounds, distribute the ball, and...... Score on top of it.

You notice in the elimination games he has the highest point average ever because he strays away from being the distributor and becomes the main scorer himself. He more like magic than Jordan, but when the seasons on the line he becomes more like mj. (but mj didn't have to play pg, lead the team in rebounds and defend the top assignment, he had other guys for that).

cutewizard
06-15-2016, 07:22 AM
Lebron has never faced the true legends of the game:

Jordan,

Olajuwon,

Sabonis at his peak

Oscar Schmidt at his peak

Erving at his peak

Walton at his peak

---------------------------------------

my god, these are unbelievable fellas

cutewizard
06-15-2016, 07:23 AM
and more,

Jabbar against James: no contest

Rodman himself can take James

Pippen??

Shaq, (omg)

Captivus
06-15-2016, 09:05 AM
This doenst mean anything to me.
I bet if for some reason MJ had to do all by himself he could he easiy do the same thing.
This is not a reason to argue who the best player is, is about team depth and confidence.

south side spur
06-15-2016, 12:55 PM
People needs to realize just how great lebron is. The guy plays both sides of the court, has to defend the top option, lead his team in rebounds, distribute the ball, and...... Score on top of it.

You notice in the elimination games he has the highest point average ever because he strays away from being the distributor and becomes the main scorer himself. He more like magic than Jordan, but when the seasons on the line he becomes more like mj. (but mj didn't have to play pg, lead the team in rebounds and defend the top assignment, he had other guys for that).

Exactly... Jordan never got down 3-1 in the finals because he was a killer every fucking game. When Bron Bron is in the zone its in desperation. Which is why he usually falls short although he will have great performances.

Bron Bron deserves criticism for trying to play GM and it backfired on him because he chose to surround himself with veterans who are his boys who in the end are just there to piggy back off him to get to the finals and possibly win a title. What do they contribute? Bron Bron got rid of Wiggins for Love that's on him no one else.

Finally, Jordan was asked to play point guard and you know how that turned out right? Westbrook just recently broke his triple double streak. Also, who whines to the media about being trash talked too? Yes millennials your hero is a bitchass. STOP bringing up MJ when whining about Bron Bron's "burden". Your hero doesn't have the killer instinct it's ok Robinson never did either. It makes him a better humanitarian and Jordan a bigger asshole. Just keep posting crying Jordan memes to cope.

soxxx
06-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Exactly... Jordan never got down 3-1 in the finals because he was a killer every fucking game. When Bron Bron is in the zone its in desperation. Which is why he usually falls short although he will have great performances.

Bron Bron deserves criticism for trying to play GM and it backfired on him because he chose to surround himself with veterans who are his boys who in the end are just there to piggy back off him to get to the finals and possibly win a title. What do they contribute? Bron Bron got rid of Wiggins for Love that's on him no one else.

Finally, Jordan was asked to play point guard and you know how that turned out right? Westbrook just recently broke his triple double streak. Also, who whines to the media about being trash talked too? Yes millennials your hero is a bitchass. STOP bringing up MJ when whining about Bron Bron's "burden". Your hero doesn't have the killer instinct it's ok Robinson never did either. It makes him a better humanitarian and Jordan a bigger asshole. Just keep posting crying Jordan memes to cope.
No Lebron plays a different game than Jordan, Lebron does things that Jordan was never asked to do. Lets be honest, Jordan didnt have to lead the team in rebounds, defend the top assignment, distribute the ball every night like Lebron has to do.

And yeah I agree Lebron did try to play manager, but he never had a team built around him the way jordan did, when Jordan left after 93, the Bulls won 55 games and were a bad call away from going to the ECF, instead the Knicks went, and won, and then lost the finals in 7. Jordan was on a team that could have realistically won the whole thing without him. So lets keep things in perspective.

But the one point I 100% agree with you was about Wiggins, even at the time I was confused as to what was going on, and Lebron 100% forced the Wiggins-Love trade which might go down as the biggest mistake in his career. I felt with Wiggins being 21, and Irving 24, it would have given Lebron a team that could get better as the years went on, while he got older, similar to Duncan, Lebron could have had a chance to win titles in Cleveland into his late 30s. He blew it.

therealtruth
06-15-2016, 09:42 PM
No Lebron plays a different game than Jordan, Lebron does things that Jordan was never asked to do. Lets be honest, Jordan didnt have to lead the team in rebounds, defend the top assignment, distribute the ball every night like Lebron has to do.

And yeah I agree Lebron did try to play manager, but he never had a team built around him the way jordan did, when Jordan left after 93, the Bulls won 55 games and were a bad call away from going to the ECF, instead the Knicks went, and won, and then lost the finals in 7. Jordan was on a team that could have realistically won the whole thing without him. So lets keep things in perspective.

But the one point I 100% agree with you was about Wiggins, even at the time I was confused as to what was going on, and Lebron 100% forced the Wiggins-Love trade which might go down as the biggest mistake in his career. I felt with Wiggins being 21, and Irving 24, it would have given Lebron a team that could get better as the years went on, while he got older, similar to Duncan, Lebron could have had a chance to win titles in Cleveland into his late 30s. He blew it.

You're disrespecting Pippen by just saying Jordan's team was good enough to get 2 less wins without him. Pippen was the main reason. He lead the team in like every category. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. Something I don't think Jordan did even though I think he had the one year he averaged 32/8/8 when they were using him as PG.

soxxx
06-15-2016, 09:56 PM
You're disrespecting Pippen by just saying Jordan's team was good enough to get 2 less wins without him. Pippen was the main reason. He lead the team in like every category. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. Something I don't think Jordan did even though I think he had the one year he averaged 32/8/8 when they were using him as PG.
No im disrespecting Jordan by saying that. Which he deserves because his team did almost go all the way without him. Im sure Pippen and Phil wanted that title more than anything, to bad the refs blew a call in a game 7.