PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Mother of teen killed over Air Jordans recalls son's murder, also blames Mike

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2016, 03:13 PM
http://abc13.com/news/mother-of-teen-killed-over-air-jordans-recalls-sons-murder/1186147/

HOUSTON (KTRK) --
The mother of a young man who was murdered over a pair of Air Jordans testified Thursday against one of the three suspects involved in her son's slaying.

Dazie Williams still remembers the day her son, Joshua Woods, was killed three years ago.

"I ran to the car to get my son out... to save him. Protect him. That's what mothers supposed to do," Williams said. "Told him it was me here. It was gonna be OK."

Williams said her son's organs helped save at least one person's life.

"Someone has my son's heart. Two people gave his kidneys. One has his liver."

Neal Bland and two others are charged with killing Woods on December 21, 2012 after they allegedly followed him from Willowbrook Mall, where he'd just bought a pair of limited-release Nike Air Jordan shoes, and robbed him. Bland is now on trial for his role in the killing.

Williams has been outspoken since her son's murder. She says the limited release of the popular Air Jordan sneakers creates a demand for the shoes that too often leads to crime. While fighting tears, she pleaded for Michael Jordan to step in and put an end to these tragedies.

Williams has started an organization called Life over Fashion and is trying to get the fashion industry to stop limited releases of products.

We're following this trial and will post any new information as we get it.

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2016, 03:17 PM
When is this piece of trash going to step in, tbh? I used to defend him when Jim Brown and Kareem would shit on him, but I can't anymore..as I've said in the past, I literally burned my few remaining Jordans..

Dad Killer is so arrogant about it, too..this nigga was everywhere with a Hitler mustache and people laughed it off, ignoring the message he was conveying:lol

He's already a billionaire, he's not doing it for the $ anymore, of course..his objective is evident..

whitemamba
06-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Harlem Heat- Man of the People.

whitemamba
06-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Do people honestly think this greedy nig cares about anyone on earth except him self?

Caltex2
06-14-2016, 03:24 PM
I understand her sentiment but it's not his fault people slit each other's throats and shoot each other over his shoes. It sucks Father Setter Upper seems to be a sociopath like that but that's who he is.

RsxPiimp
06-14-2016, 03:38 PM

whitemamba
06-14-2016, 03:51 PM

Starbury :toast

Koolaid_Man
06-14-2016, 04:07 PM
When is this piece of trash going to step in, tbh? I used to defend him when Jim Brown and Kareem would shit on him, but I can't anymore..as I've said in the past, I literally burned my few remaining Jordans..

Dad Killer is so arrogant about it, too..this nigga was everywhere with a Hitler mustache and people laughed it off, ignoring the message he was conveying:lol

He's already a billionaire, he's not doing it for the $ anymore, of course..his objective is evident..

I'm with Mike on this....not Mikes fault she was raised in the hood and couldn't afford to get out...if Niggas would by my Pro-Wings I would sell that shit....she should be blaming the black rappers who perpetuate vain-glorious lifestyles....Mike only promotes hooping....not his fault some poor ass teen is stupid enough to spend his government check on some shoes he already knows he might get jacked for in da hood

hitmanyr2k
06-14-2016, 04:08 PM
I feel for the mom but that's some stupid shit. You blame the parents of the criminal for raising a shitbag of a human being, not the guy who the shoes are named after. What is Jordan supposed to do exactly? Use a Jedi mind trick and turn criminals into good people? If your loved one gets killed in a car-jacking do you blame the CEO of BMW?

Thread
06-14-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm with Mike on this....not Mikes fault she was raised in the hood and couldn't afford to get out...if Niggas would by my Pro-Wings I would sell that shit....she should be blaming the black rappers who perpetuate vain-glorious lifestyles....Mike only promotes hooping....not his fault some poor ass teen is stupid enough to spend his government check on some shoes he already knows he might get jacked for in da hood

Kool Aid Man

Koolaid_Man
06-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Kool Aid Man

:toast

Thread
06-14-2016, 04:09 PM
I feel for the mom but that's some stupid shit. You blame the parents of the criminal for raising a shitbag of a human being, not the guy who the shoes are named after. What is Jordan supposed to do exactly? Use a Jedi mind trick and turn criminals into good people? If your loved one gets killed in a car-jacking do you blame the CEO of BMW?

http://www.josportsinc.com/item_images/1379187516.jpg

baseline bum
06-14-2016, 04:13 PM

They were selling your shit.

hitmanyr2k
06-14-2016, 04:16 PM

:lol

Thebesteva
06-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Do people honestly think this greedy nig cares about anyone on earth except him self?

Do you know anyone on planet earth that has ever walked away from a multi billion dollar business that he grew because its the right thing to do? Also lol @ OP thinking Jordan is the cause for the murders in the black youth. I respek OP on his takes but this stuff is silly...MJ is a huge scum bag for many reasons, this isnt one of them imho

Brazil
06-14-2016, 04:33 PM
wtf at blaming Jordan for a bunch of dumb fucks going wild over a pair of shoes :lmao That would like blaming Mercedes because a nigg of the hood killed a nigg to steal his Mercedes

btw we don't have enough threads about this part of OP agenda tbh ?

whitemamba
06-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Do you know anyone on planet earth that has ever walked away from a multi billion dollar business that he grew because its the right thing to do? Also lol @ OP thinking Jordan is the cause for the murders in the black youth. I respek OP on his takes but this stuff is silly...MJ is a huge scum bag for many reasons, this isnt one of them imho

In defense of OP, I think hes right on this. MJ needs to at least acknowledge the hood just a little. I mean people dont understand what he did for the city of Chicago when he was playing. He has the power to slow down violence, and gang related issues IF he wanted, but all he cares about is the bread.

Mikeanaro
06-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Lol totally nonsense, limited products are cool only nigs turn into crime for some stupid cellphone/sneaker/console etc.

LkrFan
06-14-2016, 05:44 PM

Kawhitstorm
06-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Should have copped the Currys:

fhLoBheK-7Y

BeeGee
06-14-2016, 06:15 PM

He's already a billionaire, he's not doing it for the $ anymore, of course..his objective is evident..He's never gonna step in bruh because he's always been and always will be, a house negro extraordinaire shoe salesman. He doesn't care about issues with his people because he's never had a connection or forged one enough that would prompt him to give a gotdam about his people or anybody getting murked for his overpriced shoes. This happened in his playing days and all he said then was "it's unfortunate". I'll never respect that clown.

Stalin
06-14-2016, 06:30 PM

http://i67.tinypic.com/9kzaf9.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-14-2016, 06:38 PM
He has the power to slow down violence, and gang related issues IF he wanted, but all he cares about is the bread.

:lmao no he doesn't...even his old man got jacked and killed for his Jordans....:lol

Fabbs
06-14-2016, 06:41 PM
He's already a billionaire,
wonder what his net worth is when gambling debts are subtracted?
Did Sternfish help him get past that or is Jordan still paying the vig?

lefty
06-14-2016, 06:46 PM
:lol nice trolling OP

It's totally MJ's fault if those dumb clowns kill over shoes :lol
Murican priorities :lol

lefty
06-14-2016, 06:47 PM
:lol OP must be one of MJ's accidental kids tbh

http://www.kiddnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/taj.jpg

whitemamba
06-14-2016, 06:49 PM
:lmao no he doesn't...even his old man got jacked and killed for his Jordans....:lol

Nah Kool , he does , young black kids worship MJ still.

AlexJones
06-14-2016, 06:53 PM
He had the hitler stash for a reason. DK is scum

Thebesteva
06-14-2016, 07:43 PM
In defense of OP, I think hes right on this. MJ needs to at least acknowledge the hood just a little. I mean people dont understand what he did for the city of Chicago when he was playing. He has the power to slow down violence, and gang related issues IF he wanted, but all he cares about is the bread.

WM...its a BILLION dollar business man. Im not saying OP doesnt have a point...MJ is a scum bag..so is Kobe btw and Lebron. These guys are not so different than the type of CEOs we see drinking blood all day long. They just happen to be great ballers tbh...but like I said no way he walks away from the company.

RsxPiimp
06-14-2016, 07:54 PM
You guys are missing the point. OP is right but Harlem sensationalized it a bit to incite reactions but his point is concrete :lol MJ had plenty of opportunities to help curb violence, yet this dude continued to promote releasing limited quantities of his shoes at a staggering price point when he knows damn well the marketing is targeted at agitated inner city kids and hood rats lol.

Jordan should sue this mother for encouraging stricken families to pursue a senseless law suite.

UZER
06-14-2016, 08:13 PM
You guys are missing the point. OP is right but Harlem sensationalized it a bit to incite reactions but his point is concrete :lol MJ had plenty of opportunities to help curb violence, yet this dude continued to promote releasing limited quantities of his shoes at a staggering price point when he knows damn well the marketing is targeted at agitated inner city kids and hood rats lol.

Jordan should sue this mother for encouraging stricken families to pursue a senseless law suite.

How much violence did NWA curb?

KimmyGib
06-14-2016, 08:43 PM
what's the "dad killer" thing all about? did michael jordan kill your dad? if so, my condolences.

whitemamba
06-14-2016, 08:59 PM
WM...its a BILLION dollar business man. Im not saying OP doesnt have a point...MJ is a scum bag..so is Kobe btw and Lebron. These guys are not so different than the type of CEOs we see drinking blood all day long. They just happen to be great ballers tbh...but like I said no way he walks away from the company.
I'm not saying that either , I'm just saying he could easily help if he wanted.

Basically.

K...
06-14-2016, 09:03 PM
What if he's actually decreasing crime by absorbing money that would otherwise go to weapons and logistics?

See if Jordan didn't profit of the ghetto we'd revert to Jim crow. Jordan is progress.

Also isn't it funny that curry made a shoe so uncool even white folks won't wear them? Is he the anti Jordan?

RsxPiimp
06-14-2016, 09:06 PM
What if he's actually decreasing crime by absorbing money that would otherwise go to weapons and logistics?

See if Jordan didn't profit of the ghetto we'd revert to Jim crow. Jordan is progress.

Also isn't it funny that curry made a shoe so uncool even white folks won't wear them? Is he the anti Jordan?
Jordan also could've invested money to empower black youth. But he doesn't. He's busy attending his overpriced summer camps to teach privileged white kids how to be dick head...:lol

spurraider21
06-14-2016, 09:11 PM
the lack of accountability is real

Michael Jordan.
06-14-2016, 09:14 PM
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/michael-jordan-cat-gif-1429545716.gif

thispego
06-14-2016, 09:32 PM
:lmao "Williams has started an organization called Life over Fashion and is trying to get the fashion industry to stop limited releases of products"

You can't make this shit up :lol

Sean Cagney
06-14-2016, 10:06 PM

I honestly think he could give two fucks about any of us out there man, he acts as if.

Caltex2
06-14-2016, 10:40 PM
:lol OP must be one of MJ's accidental kids tbh

http://www.kiddnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/taj.jpg

:downspin:

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-14-2016, 10:48 PM
I honestly think he could give two fucks about any of us out there man, he acts as if.

Why should he....I feel the same about his ass....and if he thinks this about his golfing buddy then why should any of us expect attention....after all this is the same guy that told Kwame Brown: "You're a flaming faggot muthafucker." :lol

Also...

Jordan on Barkley, "Charles thinks we’re great friends. I hate that fat fuck. (http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/09/29/more-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-michael-jordan/) :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-14-2016, 10:49 PM
At least MJ is consitent with how he treats everyone...but he does love Kobe :lol

Sean Cagney
06-15-2016, 12:02 AM
Why should he....I feel the same about his ass....and if he thinks this about his golfing buddy then why should any of us expect attention....after all this is the same guy that told Kwame Brown: "You're a flaming faggot muthafucker." :lol

Also...

Jordan on Barkley, "Charles thinks we’re great friends. I hate that fat fuck. (http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/09/29/more-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-michael-jordan/) :lol
Yep, true he is a piece of shit and we know it so it is what it is. BTW that was cold on Kwame and Charles, damn..... Dude probably ruined Kwame's psyche forever with that, 19 year old hearing that from Mike and it probably deflated him forever.

Thread
06-15-2016, 12:10 AM
Yep, true he is a piece of shit and we know it so it is what it is. BTW that was cold on Kwame and Charles, damn..... Dude probably ruined Kwame's psyche forever with that, 19 year old hearing that from Mike and it probably deflated him forever.

Horseshit. Kwame was serviceable with the Lakers. Jackson tried to make him into a James Worthy type doing him more dirt than MJ did.

Arcadian
06-15-2016, 12:14 AM
This is just a natural consequence of living in a materialistic society. It's not just Jordan shoes. Lots of products have limited editions. Our culture pushes this shit on us constantly, encouraging everyone to buy the newest best version of everything. It's a culture that revolves around wasteful consumption and meaningless status symbols. Jordan shoes lead to more crime simply because they are popular among lower-SES individuals, who tend to be more involved in violence (both out of necessity and cultural-behavioral patterns that have emerged, such as gangs). That's a correlation, but it's not the point you should focus on. Focus on the root causes of violence, which are mostly at the cultural level. Jordan is indeed a horrible person, but he's just a product of a sick culture. He's what we were taught as kids to "aspire to be." He's living the "American dream." It's all bullshit, but that's what we're led to believe. Garbage in, garbage out.

Big Dog
06-15-2016, 12:23 AM
This is just a natural consequence of living in a materialistic society. It's not just Jordan shoes. Lots of products have limited editions. Our culture pushes this shit on us constantly, encouraging everyone to buy the newest best version of everything. It's a culture that revolves around wasteful consumption and meaningless status symbols. Jordan shoes lead to more crime simply because they are popular among lower-SES individuals, who tend to be more involved in violence (both out of necessity and cultural-behavioral patterns that have emerged, such as gangs). That's a correlation, but it's not the point you should focus on. Focus on the root causes of violence, which are mostly at the structural systems level.
Best post I have ever read from you.

Sean Cagney
06-15-2016, 12:36 AM
Horseshit. Kwame was serviceable with the Lakers. Jackson tried to make him into a James Worthy type doing him more dirt than MJ did.

They both trashed his PSYCHE THEN! Conspiracy between the two old mates... Poor Kwame.

lefty
06-15-2016, 12:55 AM

Barkley got what he deserved tbh...
Trying hard to look like MJ's best friend....

It's no wonder MJ didn't respect him.
MJ had more respect for Cartwright who grabbed Mike by the neck than he has for Chuck

TheGreatYacht
06-15-2016, 01:01 AM
Better than Lebrons and Curry's "old white man at a BBQ" II's

06-15-2016, 01:15 AM
Pretty silly thread considering the majority of Jordan releases are mass produced these days and are easy to cop even two or three days later sometimes.

ambchang
06-15-2016, 12:36 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/arieladams/2013/09/27/you-can-now-buy-the-51500-lebron-james-limited-edition-watch-by-audemars-piguet/#7a2e2bfa1774

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-retirement-1-2-million-merchandise-jacket-hat-coin-pin-041416

Stay consistent OP.

poeticism707
06-15-2016, 12:42 PM

This and more this.

Jordan has always been a worthless piece of shit.

Never rocked many Jordan gym shoes,

even when I was a young dummy.

But it's got so bad now,

if someone gave me a pair of Jordan's,

not only would I not wear them or sell them,

I'D BURN THOSE FUCKERS TILL THEY WERE VAPOR.

jeebus
06-15-2016, 12:46 PM
OP still furious that his boy will never live up to the greatness of MJ and that blacks will never kill themselves over the latest LeBeta shoe. :lol