PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Where do you see WarriorRef in Games 6 and *7?

Fabbs
06-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Game 5, Mrs. Curry encapsulates entitled Warrior Nation with her whiny tweets complaining her Pampered One(s) were treated unfairly. They weren't . In fact at least two of the calls vs Delly on Curry looked like complete jokes.

Game 6 I'm hopeful for some reasonably fair reffing in Cleveland.
Game 7 I believe WarriorRef will approach 2002 LakerRef vs Kings if necessary.

What do you foresee?

spursistan
06-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Warriors still got this without any ref implication..they are a better team..

I think we might be going 7: close Cavs win in G6 + Warriors big blowout in G7..

Fabbs
06-14-2016, 05:58 PM
^^ While I agree Warriors may win Game 7 straight up, and will if LeBron gets zero support like many Cavs games.....

I predict WarriorRef will do whatever is necessary if Cav support players are doing well leading to a would-be Cavs win.

Bynumite
06-14-2016, 07:39 PM
As long as the cucks don't ring.

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Cavs gonna bait the shit out of raymond

Fabbs
06-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Cavs gonna bait the shit out of raymond
Would pay money to see him implode and be assessed a Flagrant (auto out of Finals).

Thread
06-15-2016, 09:09 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Fabbs
06-15-2016, 09:17 AM
^^ relegated to thread bumping status.
Again.

.G.
06-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Would pay money to see him implode and be assessed a Flagrant (auto out of Finals).

Was wondering what would happen to that nig if he got another T.

birdy219
06-15-2016, 10:18 AM
If there is a game 7, I would bet my life that Warrior ref Danny Crawford would officiate just like he did game 7 during the thunderref series.

Fabbs
06-15-2016, 10:34 AM
Was wondering what would happen to that nig if he got another T.
Flagrants, he only needs 1 more be it a Flag1 or Flag2.

Technicals, Mouthbreather would have to get 2 T's in Game 6 to be suspended for Game 7.
"Green is also on technical foul watch. He has five for the playoffs and is two short of an automatic suspension. So if Green were to get two technicals in Game 6, he would be suspended for Game 7." -San Jose Mercury News.

I would assume 1 in Game 6 + 1 during Game 7 would also suspend him. Not sure.

No way he gets two T's in Game 6. Game 7 WarriorRef will die before assessing Gaymond a game ousting T.

Thread
06-15-2016, 10:37 AM

Technicals, Mouthbreather would have to get 2 T's in Game 6 to be suspended for Game 7.
"Green is also on technical foul watch. He has five for the playoffs and is two short of an automatic suspension. So if Green were to get two technicals in Game 6, he would be suspended for Game 7." -San Jose Mercury News.

No way he gets two T's in Game 6. Game 7 WarriorRef will die before assessing Gaymond a game ousting T.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 11:05 AM
At this point, I think the NBA is thrilled with getting at least 6 games. If they have a chance to get it to 7 without overtly bad calls, they'll take it.
Game 7 will probably be called straight up. Although, I can see that the NBA might hope for the Cavs to win so they can orchestrate the rubber match next season.

TheGoldStandard
06-15-2016, 11:14 AM
With Bogut out for the season moving screen calls will be at a premium.

.G.
06-16-2016, 12:57 AM

:lol Not far fetched at all.

I appreciate the info.

Thread
06-16-2016, 01:42 AM
:lol Not far fetched at all.

I appreciate the info.

Spurtacular
06-16-2016, 06:39 AM
I don't think the league has that big of a motivation to utilize Warref. Cleveland winning for time in the first 50 years plus / Lebron coming back is a nice feel good story. Lebron not being Curry's total beta is in their interest. Kyrie ringing gives them another knighted star. That said, I am not privy to their statistics. Maybe, there's millions on the line. And when there's cash on the line, I put nothing past the league.

.G.
06-16-2016, 07:41 AM

Psssst.....it's silly hyperbole, Trautman.

Fabbs
06-16-2016, 08:35 AM
I don't think the league has that big of a motivation to utilize Warref.
:wow Have you followed Gaymonds fouling this playoffs?
The pampering Curry gets? The moving screens?

Cleveland winning for time in the first 50 years plus / Lebron coming back is a nice feel good story. Lebron not being Curry's total beta is in their interest. Kyrie ringing gives them another knighted star. That said, I am not privy to their statistics. Maybe, there's millions on the line. And when there's cash on the line, I put nothing past the league.

This. A Warrior glitz and glam has been way more marketable and fits Pervert ABCs agenda >>>>>>> then a boring Cleveland Cavs.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2016, 08:49 AM

This. A Warrior glitz and glam has been way more marketable and fits Pervert ABCs agenda >>>>>>> then a boring Cleveland Cavs.

If Lebron wins he can leave Cleveland and form a new super team. He can't leave till he wins one for the land

Spurtacular
06-16-2016, 04:01 PM

That was before the finals. As you see, I contrasted Cavs/Warriors not Warriors/Rest of the league. Of course, I know the league is much in the tank for the Warriors. If you're right about the Warriors being wanted more than Cleveland, then we'll see proof of that in Game 6 and/or 7.

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 07:58 AM
^^ Agree.

And so here we are at Game 7.
What's gonna happen with the refs?

I hope it's not Danny Crawford.
And especially not Black Homo ref.

ambchang
06-17-2016, 10:40 AM
I never really understood to need to rig game 7 of the NBA finals.

For earlier rounds, the league does have an incentive to get teams they want to get into later rounds/finals.

For earlier games in the finals, the league also have incentives to get more games and better ratings.

But for the last possible game of the season, the league can't get better ratings, and have accomplished what they theoretically wanted to accomplish.

TDomination
06-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Game 7 will be called straight for both teams. No need to favor either star player.

If anything, I can see game 7 being a physical game with the refs holding back on calling fouls. I believe they will let both teams play.

Like ambchang said, NBA got its game 7. Ratings will be through the roof so no need to manipulate anymore. Let them play.

K...
06-17-2016, 12:57 PM
The only thing that makes any possible sense is the idea that curry needs rehabilitation so they'll call the game tight so he gets to the line and gets a rhythm. But his tantrum kind of wrecked that idea. And that's the drama for next year: curry's revenge.

Tully365
06-17-2016, 01:06 PM
How do you conspiracy theorists think it works? Just wondering... Does Adam Silver pick up the phone and call the refs directly, telling them who to favor? Or does he call the Director of Referee Operations and have him do it?

ambchang
06-17-2016, 03:15 PM
How do you conspiracy theorists think it works? Just wondering... Does Adam Silver pick up the phone and call the refs directly, telling them who to favor? Or does he call the Director of Referee Operations and have him do it?

For all the logical areas you want to talk about, you picked the one about how it works? Does it even matter?

There are many things that could be attacked about conspiracy theories, just how it was executed isn't the top one.

NBA isn't worried about the league losing integrity, the NBA is worried about the league perceived to be losing integrity.

K...
06-17-2016, 03:28 PM

Like racism, unconscious habits are probably the biggest problems. The real issue here is that for curry on s bad ankle, the team needs to have the game called tight bc he can't handle pressure. That's a legit judgment call by the refs. If they are calling the game for LeBron then that's bias, but if they call the game loose B.C. That's playoff basketball it's not.

I think the series has been officiated fairly btw.

Tully365
06-18-2016, 02:03 AM
For all the logical areas you want to talk about, you picked the one about how it works? Does it even matter?

There are many things that could be attacked about conspiracy theories, just how it was executed isn't the top one.

NBA isn't worried about the league losing integrity, the NBA is worried about the league perceived to be losing integrity.

How it actually might work is pretty important, because I think conspiracy theorists usually neglect the details on purpose-- making generic statements like "it's all rigged" is so much easier than laying out details of how it might really go down. I've noticed that even when conspiracy theorists have conflicting theories (The NBA is favoring Curry/ the NBA is favoring LeBron), they still seem to stick together behind the "it's all rigged" anthem even though their own theories negate each other.

AlexJones
06-18-2016, 02:08 AM
Refs will favor Cleveland in G7 imo

Tully365
06-18-2016, 02:09 AM
Like racism, unconscious habits are probably the biggest problems. The real issue here is that for curry on s bad ankle, the team needs to have the game called tight bc he can't handle pressure. That's a legit judgment call by the refs. If they are calling the game for LeBron then that's bias, but if they call the game loose B.C. That's playoff basketball it's not.

I think the series has been officiated fairly btw.

I'd say unconscious habits, like being fallible human beings, are the biggest problems. People expect refs to be perfect, and that's just ridiculous.
That being said, I was watching the game and my two friends and I agreed Curry was being overly aggressive on D, considering he had 5 fouls... and then he fouled out. I wasn't surprised. He should have been playing positional defense without going for steals. It was a dumb move by him to be reaching in with 5 fouls.

ambchang
06-18-2016, 07:34 AM
How it actually might work is pretty important, because I think conspiracy theorists usually neglect the details on purpose-- making generic statements like "it's all rigged" is so much easier than laying out details of how it might really go down. I've noticed that even when conspiracy theorists have conflicting theories (The NBA is favoring Curry/ the NBA is favoring LeBron), they still seem to stick together behind the "it's all rigged" anthem even though their own theories negate each other.
Because they support each other's views against the majority.

As for how, it could be anything. Hidden codes, referr briefing, circulation of merchandise sales and tv ratings data, general talks of films for refs focusing on only one team, briefing ref to focus on types of calls that would favour a team, decisions to suspend or not to a player.

The league has been absolutely horrible this year. Reviews of wrong calls at the end of two close games In the same series both benefitting the same team? No suspension for a serious kick in the nuts that would get anyone suspended while a much less serious accidental tap in another series at the same time led to a suspension? Player not suspended for hitting a ref (auto ejection and suspension in pretty much all previous cases)?

The league is being ridiculously inconsistent this year.