PDA

View Full Version : The Mandela Effect

Chris
06-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Take the test.

1.) ______, I am your Father. -"Darth Vader"

2.) ______,_______, on the Wall. Who's the fairest of them all? -"Maleficent;Snow White"

3.) Interview With ___ Vampire -popular book by Anne Rice and movie with Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise

4.) Sex ___ the City -popular show on HBO

5.) "It's a beautiful day in ___ neighborhood" -Mr. Rogers theme song

6.) Berenst__in Bears - kids book (fill in the blank with missing letter)

7.) Loony _____ -Bugs Bunny cartoon (spelling is key here)

8.) Nobody _______ Like Sarah Lee -advertising jingle for pastries and desserts

9.)What was your last memory of Gomer Pyle (Jim Nabors) Did he die?

Bonus question

"If you build it ____ will come." -Field of Dreams quote

my answers
1.)Luke 2.)Mirror, Mirror 3.) A 4.) In 5.) The 6.)Berenstein 7.)Toons 8.)Does It 9.)Died of AIDS in the 80's? Bonus: THEY

updated answers in our new reality/timeline

1.)NO, I am your Father. 2.)Magic Mirror on the Wall 3.)Interview with the Vampire 4.)Sex and the City 5.)THIS neighborhood? 6.)Berenstain? 7.)Looney Tunes 8.)Doesn't 9.)Still Alive and well? Bonus: HE

Stole this quiz from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSJJLH9Dk3s

wiki

"The Mandela Effect is a theory brought into pop culture by “paranormal consultant” and author Fiona Broome. Individuals from all over the world share common memories and collective experiences, that don't match the current known history of events, as part of a belief that we are living in a "fluid space/time continuum". Major examples are: Remembering BerenstEin Bears instead of BerenstAin Bears, Sex IN the City instead of Sex AND the City, Interview with A Vampire instead of Interview with THE Vampire. Both the consistencies and the inconsistencies of the shared memories lead the experiencers to believe firmly that they have witnessed at least one or more parallel realities.[1]

For the individual experiencers, the experience is very real and based in a loose understanding of quantum mechanics. Many people are uncomfortable with the theory, suggesting it tries to "prove" parallel realities do exist and we can move seamlessly between them. Like everything people are uncomfortable with, there have been large attempts to disprove the theory. Although, believers finds these attempts to mostly be in vain.[2]

Firm believers will not accept this as a form of psychological breakdown. There has been no proof whatsoever that anyone who looks into, theorizes about, or is willing to accept the theory of the Mandela Effect suffers from any form of mental disorder, dementia, or an other physical, collectively-shared malady.

The scientific basis for the Mandela Effect is in quantum mechanics. And there are many who theorize that the experiments involving CERN and their large hadron collider are related."

other vids

vFTVQu9TPp8
y6x0ErYV1tE
lIjqZEAIkgE

http://mandelaeffect.com/
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-07/18/11/enhanced/webdr04/enhanced-20709-1405697626-1.png?no-auto

DJR210
06-14-2016, 06:59 PM
I know for a fact it was Berenstein Bears

Chris
06-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Apparently the shift happened sometime in April/May of 2011. I know it was Berenstein too; I grew up with those books. I read over 20-30 easily. The Field of Dreams one is really tripping me out. I liked that move a lot when I was younger and I know for a fact it was if you build it, they will come. Are we under some huge psyOP or am I going insane?

Chris
06-14-2016, 08:07 PM
xnVkHZlFjZc
043qa_98vus

SpursforSix
06-14-2016, 11:22 PM
I know for a fact it was Berenstein Bears

Yep. Same. 100%.

I was also pretty sure Jim Nabors dieded.

There was another one mentioned somewhere about Kirk Douglas. I thought he had died for sure. I remember some tributes or something I thought.

SpursforSix
06-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Also the mirror mirror. Although it's been a long time since I've see Snow White. But there are songs and quotes in moves that reference mirror mirror.

Chinook
06-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Also the mirror mirror. Although it's been a long time since I've see Snow White. But there are songs and quotes in moves that reference mirror mirror.

Yeah, some of these can be explained by people getting it wrong or changing things to make them sound better prior to them having wide-spread appeal. The Snow White one was technically "Magic Mirror", but we recall it as "Mirror, mirror" because that's what they say in most shows.

1.) This one actually makes more sense in the context of the conversation, but obviously it wouldn't be as good of a meme without "Luke" in it.

2.) Already addressed.

3.) Didn't know this one. But then again, I've never seen this movie or read this book.

4.) Did know this one, as my mother watched the shit out of that series when I was growing up.

5.) Never saw that show. Always though it was "Wonderful day", so that shows what I know.

6.) Don't even know what that is.

7.) Did know this due to that Loony Tunes sitcom that happened a couple of years ago. Was surprised, but then again, I had never tried to spell it before.

8.) That's kinda trippy, because the real phrase sounds stupid as hell.

9.Never saw it.

Bonus question

"If you build it ____ will come." -Field of Dreams quote

Never saw the movie. My first exposure to that phrase was in that movie Eight-Legged Freaks, and it's totally "They" in there. That reminds me of the Fellowship of the Ring. My mother and I got into a dispute like a dozen years ago over whether Gandalf tells the Balrog "You cannot pass" or "You shall not pass". He actually says both, one at the beginning of the "conversation" and the other at the end. But neither one of us remembered the other.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 10:25 AM
I definitely remember the Sarah Lee as "doesn't". I guess that saying has been around a long time because I remember hearing my mom say it and that's when I realized that I was hearing it wrong. Easy to do because as Chinook said, it's weird the other way.

All the others (besides "stein" and Jim Nabors), I don't have enough conviction to know that I every really knew them correctly.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 01:49 PM
I'm going to throw this one out there...

When did the name "Oceana" begin to be applied to the Australia and surrounding area? I never heard it called that until a few years ago.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 02:08 PM
2 more that I was pretty sure had died

Bob Euker
Chuck Barris

Chris
06-15-2016, 03:01 PM
The World Map has changed.

1-jymxTRAWs

People world-wide are also saying that their Bible verses have changed, even Bibles that are over 70 years old.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 04:46 PM

Ok...I was skeptical about the world map. But I sure thought China was bigger than the U.S. at some point.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Ok...I was skeptical about the world map. But I sure thought China was bigger than the U.S. at some point.

maybe I'm thinking of China including Mongolia.

Chinook
06-16-2016, 07:30 AM

China is bigger than the US, especially the mainland US. Alaska makes up about a fifth of the total area, and China still edges the US out. That said, the US gets to claim it's aquatic territory whereas China doesn't because I guess American map-makers are assholes. That's why the US is often listed as bigger.

SpursforSix
06-16-2016, 09:49 AM
China is bigger than the US, especially the mainland US. Alaska makes up about a fifth of the total area, and China still edges the US out. That said, the US gets to claim it's aquatic territory whereas China doesn't because I guess American map-makers are assholes. That's why the US is often listed as bigger.

nm.

spurtech09
06-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Stop being deceived.....

spurraider21
06-21-2016, 12:41 AM

1-jymxTRAWs

People world-wide are also saying that their Bible verses have changed, even Bibles that are over 70 years old.
holy shit this video is retarded

if "you remember" countries looking different, show me an old map, instead of just approximating "what you remember"

and then he said its all related to the bible

:lol

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 02:56 PM
:pop: I swear that I was in an alternate timeline where I had this quick point guard on my team.

z0sa
06-22-2016, 07:59 AM
This is something I "independently" recognized, but I'm not willing to say it's a parallel universe thing...