PDA

View Full Version : OT: GM's across the league saying Ingram is the real #1 pick

Thebesteva
06-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Just read it on ESPN...supposedly he is much more mature and his ceiling is higher. Any one else buying this? I dont watch college ball so I dunno jack sheet bout it. They're saying Simmons is immature and has no shooting game yet unlike Ingram. They keep referring to Ingram as a Lamar Odom at best.

RsxPiimp
06-14-2016, 08:23 PM
the only GM that matters is the one in Philly and he's dead set on Simmons for his star appeal.

Jzone
06-14-2016, 08:45 PM
GMs across the league are dumb as fuck tbh

spursistan
06-14-2016, 08:59 PM

lol who the fuck this dude think he is ?

noob cake
06-14-2016, 09:02 PM
I knew Simmons had maturity issues, but didn't know much about Ingram's maturity level.

1. Someone as talented as Simmons should have carried LSU at least to the tourney as a low seed. LSU has 2-3 other future NBA players. LSU wasn't even close to making the tournament. During the last few games, Simmons completely quit and LSU was embarrassed. Imagine how this plays out if Simmons ends up on a dumpster team like the Sixers.

2. Simmons did not attend classes second semester. This hurts LSU's APR (Academic Progress Rate), which will potentially limit LSU's ability to recruit and offer scholarships in the future.

3. Simmons moved out the day of his last LSU game. As a result, LSU had to reject a NIT tourney bid. Most players and coaches would be happy to play in a tier 2 tournament. The only teams who regularly reject NIT bits are blueblood programs.

daslicer
06-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Ingram sucks. I watched him at Duke this year and he doesn't look like he's going to be anything special. He reminds me of Jeff Green.

Fabbs
06-14-2016, 10:29 PM
:lol tanking with Kirby at 48.5 with no payoff.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2016, 12:55 AM
another overrated kent like that exum kent on the mormon jizz team

Kawhitstorm
06-15-2016, 03:04 AM
Ingram sucks. I watched him at Duke this year and he doesn't look like he's going to be anything special. He reminds me of Jeff Green.

Ingram is a MUCH better shooter & not as strong or athletic as Jeff Green at the same point of their careers. Ingram is Tayshaun Prince w/ a scorers mentality.

Spurtacular
06-15-2016, 05:13 AM
Ingram has the better ceiling; but Simmons will be an all-star on his ability to get to the hoop alone.

Killakobe81
06-15-2016, 05:36 AM
Not wowed by either ..
Advanced merrics also point to Ingram the same ones that pointed to KAT over Oak. We shall see ...
Ingtam started to grow on me over tge course of the,year Simmons is impressive in transition but mediocre in other ways.

Kawhitstorm
06-15-2016, 05:51 AM
Not wowed by either ..
Advanced merrics also point to Ingram the same ones that pointed to KAT over Oak. We shall see ...
Ingtam started to grow on me over tge course of the,year Simmons is impressive in transition but mediocre in other ways.

Simmons was coasting so it's hard to judge him based on his college career

Killakobe81
06-15-2016, 06:24 AM
Simmons was coasting so it's hard to judge him based on his college career

That may be true but that is disappointing when the clear player with the most talent chosses to coast not dominate. You have to question his ability to dominate or his mindset. He reminds me of wiggins. Cowherd defends that comparison saying the same shit was said about Andrew but for me that screams all star at best not superstar.
Even if Ingram is only tayshaun with a dash of Durant and is never the all star Simmons is ...i do think he is the type of player that can be #2 on a contender (best case).
I think you draft Simmons first because best case he may be a #1 ..I doubt it, but if there is a chance you take it.

Raven
06-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Not wowed by either ..
not sure what kind of advanced metrics you have tbh

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 12:18 PM
Just read it on ESPN...supposedly he is much more mature and his ceiling is higher. Any one else buying this? I dont watch college ball so I dunno jack sheet bout it. They're saying Simmons is immature and has no shooting game yet unlike Ingram. They keep referring to Ingram as a Lamar Odom at best.

I always wonder if GM's really give their honest opinions on these things.

Clipper Nation
06-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Ingram is a MUCH better shooter & not as strong or athletic as Jeff Green at the same point of their careers. Ingram is Tayshaun Prince w/ a scorers mentality.
All Ingram has ever done is shoot jump shots over shitty undersized college defenders. He wasn't even the first option on his own team :lol Some white stiff was. Ingram chokes at the free throw line, he's frail and weak, he couldn't finish at the rim against real defenses, and his defense is more a product of his wingspan right now than any fundamental skills.

Don't get me wrong, Simmons is also overrated, but the Ingram hype train is unwarranted.

DPG21920
06-15-2016, 12:25 PM
:lol at this thread.

Thebesteva
06-15-2016, 12:48 PM
All Ingram has ever done is shoot jump shots over shitty undersized college defenders. He wasn't even the first option on his own team :lol Some white stiff was. Ingram chokes at the free throw line, he's frail and weak, he couldn't finish at the rim against real defenses, and his defense is more a product of his wingspan right now than any fundamental skills.

Don't get me wrong, Simmons is also overrated, but the Ingram hype train is unwarranted.

I dont watch college ball like I said but Ive just watched youtube videos and I see talent, but obviously thats not enough to know about a player. So are either two potential game changers for a franchise or just Lamar Odom status players at best?

Killakobe81
06-15-2016, 12:58 PM
not sure what kind of advanced metrics you have tbh

I dont have any. Espn uses advanced metrics to do draft projections and posted them last week iirc.
You dont have to look hard to find them ... those same metrics they used to place KAT as the better pick than Oak last year and they were right on the money.
Dont be mad because your boy, baby Duncan is not loved by those metrics.
The stat model they used also said druss had highest star and bust potential for any prospect last year for what it's worth ...
But i posted that at the time of the draft don't act dense, Raven

Their model says ingram should be the pick for sixers, not Simmons.
I am not saying they are right ... as i said above ...i would take Simmons but i think they say Simmons because he is safer.

Killakobe81
06-15-2016, 01:03 PM
So we have GMs and metrics saying Ingram ...
scouts and analysts Simmons.
I take ben on the off chance he turns superstar/#1 on a contender ...
i am doubtful either does though

Kawhitstorm
06-15-2016, 04:43 PM
That may be true but that is disappointing when the clear player with the most talent chosses to coast not dominate. You have to question his ability to dominate or his mindset. He reminds me of wiggins. Cowherd defends that comparison saying the same shit was said about Andrew but for me that screams all star at best not superstar.

Wiggins is just a beta like Odom, Simmons on the other hand lazy like Sheed.

I dont watch college ball like I said but Ive just watched youtube videos and I see talent, but obviously thats not enough to know about a player. So are either two potential game changers for a franchise or just Lamar Odom status players at best?

Ingram could be like a Rashard Lewis type player & play stretch 4 in the era of "small-ball" but he needs to put on at least 25 lbs of muscle. Simmons on the other hand could be a Blake Griffin type player (the point-forward version) but he seems to be immature like Michael Beasley.:lol If he's content w/ being a complimentary piece then he could be a Diaw/Odom type player & if he's a bust then Evan Turner. Overall, he has the physical gifts of Blake, the drive/mentality of Diaw & the game of Odom except he's ambidextrous.

Killakobe81
06-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Wiggins is just a beta like Odom, Simmons on the other hand lazy like Sheed.

Ingram could be like a Rashard Lewis type player & play stretch 4 in the era of "small-ball" but he needs to put on at least 25 lbs of muscle. Simmons on the other hand could be a Blake Griffin type player (the point-forward version) but he seems to be immature like Michael Beasley.:lol If he's content w/ being a complimentary piece then he could be a Diaw/Odom type player & if he's a bust then Evan Turner. Overall, he has the physical gifts of Blake, the drive/mentality of Diaw & the game of Odom except he's ambidextrous.

not the explosion of Blake but he is probably a better passer and even better ball handler.
That is why you take Simmons he has a little bit of Blake and odom to him but he is not as long as Odom nor an elite leaper like Blake.