PDA

View Full Version : 2 yr old gets snatched up by gator near disney world

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 11:34 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dragged-alligator-disney-20160614-story.html

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 11:37 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dragged-alligator-disney-20160614-story.html

I think I just read where they are rounding up alligators and cutting them open to look for the kid. I'm not sure that this makes a lot of sense and seems a little barbaric.

clambake
06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
will disney settle or go all the way?

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 11:40 AM
will disney settle or go all the way?

I think it will be important to fully investigate the alligator and his potential ties to Isis and in particular, the local mosques. If it turns out he attended the same mosque as Mateen, there are going to be plenty of questions as to why and how this alligator was allowed to swim near an obvious terrorist target.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 11:42 AM
In response to reports the family was watching a movie at the time of the attack, Disney said it hosts such events but believed the film ended before the attack.

"movie was over...kid was on his own time"

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 11:43 AM
I think I just read where they are rounding up alligators and cutting them open to look for the kid. I'm not sure that this makes a lot of sense and seems a little barbaric.

yea i saw that too. i don't see the point, that kid gone.

ViceCity86
06-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Some week in Orlando, Florida.

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 11:46 AM
they just released footage of the suspect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn1g0xtUMk

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 11:51 AM

Holy shit.

ViceCity86
06-15-2016, 11:53 AM
OP is happy because it was a non-black child. White child snatched from UPSCALE resort. Rich Whites,you know the deal.

The Reckoning
06-15-2016, 11:55 AM
why the fuck do we have to kill all the gators in the area to look for digested bits for "closure." people's sense of worth is pathetic. now that more and more yanks are invading florida you'll see more of this happen. something like 2/3 of people living in florida today have never been through a hurricane.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 11:58 AM
why the fuck do we have to kill all the gators in the area to look for digested bits for "closure." people's sense of worth is pathetic. now that more and more yanks are invading florida you'll see more of this happen. something like 2/3 of people living in florida today have never been through a hurricane.

It's ridiculous.

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 11:59 AM
OP is happy because it was a non-black child. White child snatched from UPSCALE resort. Rich Whites,you know the deal.

i have no idea what the race of the family is.

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 12:00 PM

yup, just a waste of time and resources. you would think disney would take better safety precautions around their park to prevent tragedies like this.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 12:02 PM
yup, just a waste of time and resources. you would think disney would take better safety precautions around their park to prevent tragedies like this.

Maybe they figured the cost to regulate the alligators is higher than the payoff to a family.

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Maybe they figured the cost to regulate the alligators is higher than the payoff to a family.
http://i65.tinypic.com/orj721.gif

i wonder if the family can sue the park? i read there was a lifeguard near by and there may have been signs warning guests of gators. just an unfortunate situation, they said the father tried to save the baby too. can you imagine?

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 12:14 PM
i wonder if the family can sue the park? i read there was a lifeguard near by and there may have been signs warning guests of gators. just an unfortunate situation, they said the father tried to save the baby too. can you imagine?

I would imagine they can, regardless of whatever fine print there was in anything they signed.

Terrible for the family and dad. I can't imagine the feeling he must have had when he finally had to let go and see the alligator swim away with his child.
And if he allowed himself any hope that the boy would survive.

Trill Clinton
06-15-2016, 12:20 PM
let your 2 yr old child swim alone in a lagoon at night, parentshttp://i66.tinypic.com/20r8acy.png
from CNN:

A handful of people witnessed the attack and supplied police with information. Witnesses said the family was on the beach, and the boy's sister was in a playpen about 20 to 30 yards from the water, according to Demings. The toddler was nearby, wading in the water.
There are "No Swimming" signs at the lagoon, and no one else was in the water at the time of the attack besides the child, Demings said.
Declan Salcido, who was vacationing at the resort with relatives from San Jose, California, said the "No Swimming" signs are visible "from any vantage point."
The lagoon is not for recreational swimming.

DisAsTerBot
06-15-2016, 12:22 PM
what do you know, the parents were negligent

Fabbs
06-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Has the gator been tied to Radical Islam?

You see, if Donny Trump was president this kind of stuff would not happen.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 12:49 PM
let your 2 yr old child swim alone in a lagoon at night, parentshttp://i66.tinypic.com/20r8acy.png
from CNN:

A handful of people witnessed the attack and supplied police with information. Witnesses said the family was on the beach, and the boy's sister was in a playpen about 20 to 30 yards from the water, according to Demings. The toddler was nearby, wading in the water.
There are "No Swimming" signs at the lagoon, and no one else was in the water at the time of the attack besides the child, Demings said.
Declan Salcido, who was vacationing at the resort with relatives from San Jose, California, said the "No Swimming" signs are visible "from any vantage point."
The lagoon is not for recreational swimming.

I'm not saying the parents aren't partially to blame. But "no swimming" and "stay away from the alligator infested water" are two different things.

hater
06-15-2016, 01:04 PM
It's fucking dysneyworld. If the children want to fucking swim ina lake they shud b able to do so.

Fucking crazy shit

mrsmaalox
06-15-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm not saying the parents aren't partially to blame. But "no swimming" and "stay away from the alligator infested water" are two different things.

Also "No swimming" doesn't mean "No wading"; maybe just a small mention of alligators on the sign would drive the point. I used to take my kids biking on the banks of the Savannah River which is infested with alligators :lol There were no "no swimming" signs at all, only "Avoid Alligators" signs. They really work, the entire time that biking trail has been there only one kid has ever been bitten and that was because she stepped on a small gator sleeping under some brush.

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Also "No swimming" doesn't mean "No wading"; maybe just a small mention of alligators on the sign would drive the point. I used to take my kids biking on the banks of the Savannah River which is infested with alligators :lol There were no "no swimming" signs at all, only "Avoid Alligators" signs. They really work, the entire time that biking trail has been there only one kid has ever been bitten and that was because she stepped on a small gator sleeping under some brush.

Exactly.

We've been to beaches that had "no swimming" signs up and haven't thought twice about wading through the water. Big difference. Plus it doesn't sound like the dad was very far away if he was able to get to the alligator and wrestle with it.

G-Nob
06-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Wet Floor Sign logic. The sign is there. You slip and fall. There is no recourse because you were warned.

Here's a tip: How about not going into/congregating around any body of water in Florida unless it's a swimming pool or an ocean? Especially, with your kids!

Robz4000
06-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Orlando getting blown the fuck out these days.

Darth_Pelican
06-15-2016, 03:33 PM
So the rules were spelled out, the parents let the child disobey the rules by not watching him, and something bad happened because of it. If anyone should file a lawsuit, it should be Disney against the parents for creating negative press and allowing a murder to happen on their grounds because of their negligence.

Fabbs
06-15-2016, 03:43 PM
maybe just a small mention of alligators on the sign would drive the point. I used to take my kids biking on the banks of the Savannah River which is infested with alligators :lol There were no "no swimming" signs at all, only "Avoid Alligators" signs. They really work, the entire time that biking trail has been there only one kid has ever been bitten and that was because she stepped on a small gator sleeping under some brush.
Would not surprise me if Disney fully thought about putting "Aligators" signs up, but then in keeping with their theme of "The Most Profitable -err we mean Happiest Place on Earth" corporate heads said no it will ruin the vibe.

Fabbs
06-15-2016, 03:49 PM
"No swimming" sign means just that. That parents decided to let kid wade, swim, whatever.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZsbYhQPMii4tE9UQFer_cdh1ziwP9H op4pt9zRNQboUimci1b
Dismissed!

Thebesteva
06-15-2016, 04:05 PM
This was revenge for that shot up gorilla imho

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 04:08 PM

:lol

Xevious
06-15-2016, 04:27 PM
Question... why do these resorts have "beaches" on a swamp? Even if they put up no swimming signs, it's a beach complete with sand and lounge chairs. I believe the seven seas lagoon is man-made, but it's still Florida swamp water full of gators. Even if it's unlikely that a gator attack a person, there's still the possibility.

Xevious
06-15-2016, 05:12 PM
They found the kid apparently. Intact at the bottom of the lagoon right near where he was taken from. So the alligator dragged him in and let go.

Pelicans78
06-15-2016, 05:26 PM
They found the kid apparently. Intact at the bottom of the lagoon right near where he was taken from. So the alligator dragged him in and let go.

Sad part is he wasn't found too far from where he was taken. Unbelievable tragedy. I have two kids similar in age and it's heartbreaking.

RsxPiimp
06-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Gator was saving the child for a later snack.

Silver&Black
06-15-2016, 05:54 PM
So the alligator dragged him in and let go.

Alligators usually kill something and hide it under the mud or underneath a log.

They'll let it decompose a little before actually eating it.

koriwhat
06-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Dumb parents... whats new?

baseline bum
06-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Alligators usually kill something and hide it under the mud or underneath a log.

They'll let it decompose a little before actually eating it.

Nothing like an aged steak.

SnakeBoy
06-15-2016, 07:19 PM
Disney is going to pay big for forgetting the "Beware of Nature" signs.

DMC
06-15-2016, 08:35 PM
I think it will be important to fully investigate the alligator and his potential ties to Isis and in particular, the local mosques. If it turns out he attended the same mosque as Mateen, there are going to be plenty of questions as to why and how this alligator was allowed to swim near an obvious terrorist target.
So it's ok to joke about the death of a toddler but if there are 49 of them and they are homosexual, it's off limits.

Noted

baseline bum
06-15-2016, 08:45 PM
So it's ok to joke about the death of a toddler but if there are 49 of them and they are homosexual, it's off limits.

Noted

Toddlers don't have souls

SpursforSix
06-15-2016, 08:51 PM

Noted

I don't know. You can joke about whatever you want I guess.

ViceCity86
06-15-2016, 09:18 PM
terrible event. tragic loss of human life. family will probably never recover emotionally

predictable cesspool of a thread on spurstalk

phxspurfan
06-15-2016, 09:54 PM

:lobt2:

Thread
06-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Difficult to grasp this when all I can see if Kozlowski bending over.

hitmanyr2k
06-15-2016, 10:03 PM
I saw the news break right before I was going to bed last night and couldn't sleep afterwards. My boy is two years old in a month and I put myself in the father's shoes and had the horrible vision of an alligator ripping my son from my hands playing over and over in my head. I don't think I would ever recover from that.

Darth_Pelican
06-15-2016, 10:48 PM
I saw the news break right before I was going to bed last night and couldn't sleep afterwards. My boy is two years old in a month and I put myself in the father's shoes and had the horrible vision of an alligator ripping my son from my hands playing over and over in my head. I don't think I would ever recover from that.

Would you allow your 2 year old son to swim in a Florida swamp land with signs that say "No Swimming?"

Then no worries. Your son won't be eaten by a gator.

Xevious
06-15-2016, 11:07 PM
Would you allow your 2 year old son to swim in a Florida swamp land with signs that say "No Swimming?"

Then no worries. Your son won't be eaten by a gator.
Again, he wasn't swimming. He was walking ankles deep in a man-made, Disney owned and operated beach with his dad right next to him and a lifeguard on duty. I agree though that messing around in florida swamp water is not smart, but when you are from out of state and playing on Disney property, being attacked by a gator isn't what you're thinking about.

mrsmaalox
06-15-2016, 11:43 PM
Disney says they have a gator control protocal because gators move so freely between the abundant bodies of water, and they relocate about one gator per month. So far they've killed 5 gators out of that lagoon! Not very good control.

StrengthAndHonor
06-16-2016, 12:20 AM
I agree, how is this poor man supposed to go on with his life after watching his little son die in such a horrible, horrible manner. I cannot imagine...RIP

jermaine
06-16-2016, 06:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn1g0xtUMk

Lmmfao.... niccas really believe thats the Trill gator too... Then they said they think they have the right gator. Lmbo .... Lets see if they put the families criminal back ground up, talk about them facing charges, etc..

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2016, 10:55 AM
This is what my nigga Harambe should have done....my Gator nigga took notes :lol

DJR210
06-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Was shocked when it was revealed to be white parents :lol

pgardn
06-16-2016, 11:15 PM

Noted

Small but significant difference:

Reptiles are not homophobic, self conscience, crazy apes with guns.
It is however true, that dead is dead.

Now the lady who lets me and a friend fish that beautiful huge spring fed old gravel pit is definitely gonna want us to get that gator out. Wandered in with all this rain. And she will want it dead. And she will want to see it dead. So there's that. Poor thing was probably really happy munching on gar, carp, and turtles.

I will let ST know when the deed is done so all can feel safe. I gotta real tough blade for cutting that type of thing open so if anyone wants pictures of its gut let me know.

Trainwreck2100
06-17-2016, 12:50 AM
Was shocked when it was revealed to be white parents :lol

why? they were at a resort

Trill Clinton
06-17-2016, 01:16 AM
why? they were at a resort
they.were.at.a.resort! my ribs:lmao

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3472421/martin-lawrence-o.gif

DJR210
06-17-2016, 02:34 AM
they.were.at.a.resort! my ribs:lmao

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3472421/martin-lawrence-o.gif

Almost as funny as "frost kings" :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Disney says they have a gator control protocal because gators move so freely between the abundant bodies of water, and they relocate about one gator per month. So far they've killed 5 gators out of that lagoon! Not very good control.

Hey bae.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/473274ec895f5d315e847fafad5537d6_zpswjpfoovr.jpeg

Floyd Pacquiao
06-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Sad situation. Their were no warning signs and the kid just had his feet in the water.

DisAsTerBot
06-17-2016, 12:40 PM
"no swimming" isnt a suggestion

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2016, 12:58 PM
:lmao Surprise Muthafucka!!!! :lol :lol :lol

https://youtube/bycm7klzbyI

SpursforSix
06-17-2016, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Koolaid_Man;8627121]:lmao Surprise Muthafucka!!!! :lol :lol :lol

I guess it's too bad that the dad wasn't a leopard.

DJR210
06-17-2016, 03:51 PM
"no swimming" isnt a suggestion

"Please do not pet the alligators"

UZER
06-17-2016, 05:08 PM
How bout, "Alligators in the lagoon. Stay out of the water."

UZER
06-17-2016, 05:11 PM

The ease at which the leopard carries that thing away is chilling. Those cats could carry a human away like nothing, except people from San Antonio.

DJR210
06-17-2016, 05:23 PM
The ease at which the leopard carries that thing away is chilling. Those cats could carry a human away like nothing, except people from San Antonio.

:lol San Antonio is ahead of the game.. ready for a gator attack

pgardn
06-17-2016, 08:09 PM

So that's a jaguar, not a leopard. Jaguars have a giant head and massive jaws, like a giant pit bull. And they are great swimmers. The frkn cat swims back across with at least a 7 ft. swimming reptile still alive in its mouth, incredible.
And that's not an alligator, it looks like a croc or caiman. Jaguars are extraordinary dangerous. If Disney had Jaguars running lose there would be no alligators or people in the park.

So that vid must have been in central or South America. King of the South American jungle right there.

Thread
06-17-2016, 08:38 PM

Great find, Kool.

The gator feels it before he gets there, but, it's tardy.

baseline bum
06-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Great find, Kool.

It was like watching those slopes devour you at Khe Sanh.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Great find, Kool.

Just like Pierce was when Artest pulled up for that 3....:lol

Yeah he was like bring your bitch ass here you nappy headed hoe...:lol but seriously he swam off with that thing in its mouth like it was a peppermint candy :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2016, 09:00 PM
So that's a jaguar, not a leopard. Jaguars have a giant head and massive jaws, like a giant pit bull. And they are great swimmers. The frkn cat swims back across with at least a 7 ft. swimming reptile still alive in its mouth, incredible.
And that's not an alligator, it looks like a croc or caiman. Jaguars are extraordinary dangerous. If Disney had Jaguars running lose there would be no alligators or people in the park.

So that vid must have been in central or South America. King of the South American jungle right there.

Yeah them fucking big cats are bad ass....they aren't afraid of shit....

Thread
06-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Just like Pierce was when Artest pulled up for that 3....:lol

Same exact comparison I had. :lol

baseline bum
06-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Same exact comparison I had. :lol

pgardn
06-17-2016, 10:30 PM

That is an incredible video.

I still can't get over how the damn thing swims the caiman back to the shore. There is a good reason for them to sunbathe on little islands out in the river. T

And the reptile is probably quite tasty.

I know the South Americans are notoriously afraid of jaguars. I don't think many of them get a taste for humans like Tigers though. I know they kill people at night but I don't know if they prefer to eat us. And I think they are very reclusive and try to keep distance from humans, during the day at least.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2016, 10:57 PM
That is an incredible video.

I still can't get over how the damn thing swims the caiman back to the shore. There is a good reason for them to sunbathe on little islands out in the river. T

And the reptile is probably quite tasty.

I know the South Americans are notoriously afraid of jaguars. I don't think many of them get a taste for humans like Tigers though. I know they kill people at night but I don't know if they prefer to eat us. And I think they are very reclusive and try to keep distance from humans, during the day at least.

You've never had gator? Man that is some good eating....I go to my uncle Elroy's to hook that shit up :lol or I fade Pappadeauxs....but yeah that is some tasty shit to the Jags...good clean white meat....just like I like my women :lmao

Thread
06-17-2016, 11:16 PM

They were selling your shit.

baseline bum
06-17-2016, 11:23 PM

SpursforSix
06-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Great find, Kool.

Tardy gets you a slap on the wrist. The gator let the whole clock run out.

Thread
06-18-2016, 03:10 AM

baseline bum
06-18-2016, 07:15 AM

You don't even try to win the Giuseppe Rodeo any more do you? If you rushed this thread with the same enthusiasm that you rushed the floor for Jordan when he rang in your building maybe you could win the rodeo again. I spit on you.

Thread
06-18-2016, 08:15 AM
You don't even try to win the Giuseppe Rodeo any more do you? If you rushed this thread with the same enthusiasm that you rushed the floor for Jordan when he rang in your building maybe you could win the rodeo again. I spit on you.

z0sa
06-19-2016, 07:11 AM
The great cats are nature's ultimate killing machines because they expend so little energy towards the act of killing itself. The energy that leopard spends killing shit to eat doesnt even register in comparison to how much energy he expends chasing females down, pissing on stumps, grooming himself, and sleeping.

DMC
06-20-2016, 10:21 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306015341/disney/images/c/c0/Peter-pan-disneyscreencaps_com-5088.jpg

SnakeBoy
06-21-2016, 01:43 AM

Yep, not even a guy with a stick riding an elephant.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2263173/tiger-attack-o.gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/29863-Jumping-Tiger-attacks-elephant-dm10.gif

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 09:45 AM
Don't blame Disney. They have taken all the necessary steps in controlling gators.

HXs0UmZXoD4

101A
06-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Dumb parents... whats new?

It's on Disney. I checked into the Grand Floridian, literally, 30 minutes after the boy got taken. That "beach" area is tiny, and is RIGHT next to a kid's playground, which is right next to a pool. There was nothing but a very small "no swimming" sign at that point. Until that night the resort showed movies on that beach. I never witnessed that, but people must have been situated right up to the water's edge. If there would have been a single "beware alligators" sign (which there is now, hung on the fence that was installed), the child would probably still be alive. Disney tries to avoid ANY negative messaging, obviously to a fault. Even after this happened, the employees (I'm sorry, Cast Members) were forbidden from discussing it; even the ones blocking access to the beach - would just say, "This area is not available at this time, have a magical day!"

pgardn
06-23-2016, 09:51 AM
The great cats are nature's ultimate killing machines because they expend so little energy towards the act of killing itself. The energy that leopard spends killing shit to eat doesnt even register in comparison to how much energy he expends chasing females down, pissing on stumps, grooming himself, and sleeping.

The Largemouth Bass sits behind a log silently maintaining neutral buoyancy, waits for a Bluegill to happen across his/her mouth, and merely opens the mouth creating enormous (-) pressure in the surrounding volume of water and "inhaling" the Bluegill.

So I raise your cat with a fish.

The above pretty much describes the methodical behavior of Spurs46 in the stealthy hunt for delivery pizza. The positioning used while lying in wait around Dominoes is crucial and highly tactical.

pgardn
06-23-2016, 09:54 AM
It's on Disney. I checked into the Grand Floridian, literally, 30 minutes after the boy got taken. That "beach" area is tiny, and is RIGHT next to a kid's playground, which is right next to a pool. There was nothing but a very small "no swimming" sign at that point. Until that night the resort showed movies on that beach. I never witnessed that, but people must have been situated right up to the water's edge. If there would have been a single "beware alligators" sign (which there is now, hung on the fence that was installed), the child would probably still be alive. Disney tries to avoid ANY negative messaging, obviously to a fault. Even after this happened, the employees (I'm sorry, Cast Members) were forbidden from discussing it; even the ones blocking access to the beach - would just say, "This area is not available at this time, have a magical day!"

Have a magical day... Wow...

Dont mind the divers searching for a two year old taken by a gator.

Fabbs
06-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Don't blame Disney. They have taken all the necessary steps in controlling gators.
:lol Big hearted, responsible Disney probably offered that gator 1/2 off on a seasons pass.
More then sufficient.

101A
06-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Have a magical day... Wow...

Dont mind the divers searching for a two year old taken by a gator.

The multiple helicopters and gator hunters in swamp boats were the most obvious.

pgardn
06-23-2016, 05:08 PM
The multiple helicopters and gator hunters in swamp boats were the most obvious.

Lord...

I bet playing shark on the loose in the swimming pool to the Jaws tune was not a popular game.
The adults would probably pee in their suits.

I must say I have been in the water on kayaks and yes, swimming, and never had a problem with gators present. I had one go after a redfish on my stringer which is very odd. I have been requested to kill one in a bass pond after said incident. Problem is if you blow them up they are not easily retrieved due to sinkage. And I don't want to deal with one on the end of a line Thrashing about. I'm really not Freaked by sharks, snakes, etc... But if people have a phobia...

If I wanna keep fishing that pond I'm gonna have to kill it, owner's orders. Got a friend lined up to shoot it, we know it's favorite hangout. Saying it's illegal will not work. She also wants to see it dead. Dogs and grandchildren,along with this incident, = dead reptile.

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 05:10 PM
:pop: I sometimes poop in my slacks during games.

pgardn
06-23-2016, 05:27 PM
:pop: I sometimes poop in my slacks during games.

And anonymously in toilet tanks at venues outside your domicile.
I remember that and the syrup in the aisle.

z0sa
06-23-2016, 06:20 PM
The Largemouth Bass sits behind a log silently maintaining neutral buoyancy, waits for a Bluegill to happen across his/her mouth, and merely opens the mouth creating enormous (-) pressure in the surrounding volume of water and "inhaling" the Bluegill.

So I raise your cat with a fish.

The above pretty much describes the methodical behavior of Spurs46 in the stealthy hunt for delivery pizza. The positioning used while lying in wait around Dominoes is crucial and highly tactical.

True, but my post is assuming the reader agrees that the cat is one of nature's ultimate killers.

pgardn
06-23-2016, 10:04 PM
True, but my post is assuming the reader agrees that the cat is one of nature's ultimate killers.

Cats are basically cool. You got Cheetos cats, cereal cats, yep.

What is interesting is the cats are practically all solitary hunters except the lion.
You will never see a pride of domestic cats working a house together for big cockroaches. So one has to wonder. Now lions are working grassy plains so its definitely an advantage working together.

What is also amazing is the speed of cats. I once accidentally cornered a domestic (but feral) cat in an alley. First I heard claws clicking on walls as the cat orbited the brick walls about me high off the ground. Then it pounced on my head for about 1/100 of a second to do a tap dance,then leaping off, it left my scalp and head bleeding and severely damaging a good hair day. It was like Floyd Mayweather cat. I left the alley dazed, confused and taken to town. It was quite a humbling experience. I thought I had quick hands, I was wrong.

Further confession:
There was was nothing I could do. That cat was so fast I did not even have time for my devastating right cross. I never felt so slow. I never even got a hand raised to slap the beast down the alley. I literally walked in, good looking and full of confidence. And walked out, a defeated, bloodied, naked ape needing a comb and bandages. I will say it was dark, so vision advantage to Felus domesticus. But I was a huge, lumbering giant compared to that thing, so the utter defeat still clings to my psyche.

So there's that.

The Reckoning
06-24-2016, 08:45 PM
so the blood of six gators =/ a 2 year old?