PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Wardell should be suspended for game 7.

midnightpulp
06-16-2016, 11:17 PM
He threw his mouthpiece into the crowd and hit a fan.

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/06/watch-steph-curry-hits-fan-with-mouthpiece-video-ejection-fouls-out-vine-gif/

The precedent has already been set, since Amir Johnson was suspended earlier for the exact same thing.

:cry "Why do you want the Cavs to have an unfair advantage?"

Horseshit. The fact that Raymond and now Wardell are chimping out, despite knowing the rules and potential ramifications of their conduct, tells me they're mental midgets. And mental midgets don't deserve special exceptions just because the fans want to see an "epic" game 7 showdown between Lebron and Curry or because Silver wants his ratings monster.

Rules are rules.

:cry "Then no one will respect the Cavs title?"

Why not? The Cavs proven they can get under the skin of "the greatest team of all time" to the point where they're hitting players in the nuts and throwing shit at fans. That tells me the Cavs are the mentally stronger and thus the "better team."

TheGoldStandard
06-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Won't even be discussed.

InTheCrust
06-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Haslem was also suspended for a playoff game in 06 for the same thing... but the league would never dare to do this one though. they'll manufacture every possible reasoning for doing so.

and we all now Silver's NBA doesn't give a shit about precedent :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Would be lame, tbh..most anticipated game in non-brainwashed NBA history, want to see both teams at full strength..

Chris
Absolutely. NBA should take immediate action to show that these kinds of outbursts will not be tolerated no matter who the player is. He's a role model for a lot of kids, and this kind of behavior is reprehensible. Plus, throwing your slimey mouthpiece at another human being is just disgusting.

HI-FI
No fucking way the Tribe lets that happen.

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2016, 11:22 PM
NBA also shouldn't reward poor officiating, which is essentially what they would be doing..

baseline bum
He threw his mouthpiece into the crowd and hit a fan.

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/06/watch-steph-curry-hits-fan-with-mouthpiece-video-ejection-fouls-out-vine-gif/

The precedent has already been set, since Amir Johnson was suspended earlier for the exact same thing.

:cry "Why do you want the Cavs to have an unfair advantage?"

Horseshit. The fact that Raymond and now Wardell are chimping out, despite knowing the rules and potential ramifications of their conduct, tells me they're mental midgets. And mental midgets don't deserve special exceptions just because the fans want to see an "epic" game 7 showdown between Lebron and Curry or because Silver wants his ratings monster.

Rules are rules.

:cry "Then no one will respect the Cavs title?"

Why not? The Cavs proven they can get under the skin of "the greatest team of all time" to the point where they're hitting players in the nuts and throwing shit at fans. That tells me the Cavs are the mentally stronger and thus the "better team."

When was the Amir Johnson suspension?

midnightpulp
Haslem was also suspended for a playoff game in 06 for the same thing... but the league would never dare to do this one though. they'll manufacture every possible reasoning for doing so.

Yeah, unfortunately. Sad, because the Warriors don't deserve this title. Curry CLEARLY broke a rule that has resulted in player suspensions in the past.

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:23 PM

Haslem threw it at a ref though, it's different IMO.

midnightpulp
06-16-2016, 11:23 PM
When was the Amir Johnson suspension?

Pre-Silver

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/raptors/2012/12/11/amir-johnson-suspended-toronto-mouthpiece/1762807/

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2016, 11:24 PM
That fan is going to get a couple of "gifts" tomorrow, let's be real:lol

midnightpulp
06-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Haslem threw it at a ref though, it's different IMO.

You would think the NBA would prioritize fan safety over referee safety, though.

coachmac87
06-16-2016, 11:25 PM
If it hit the official if would be a story and more than likely would have to be suspended...

But not gonna happen

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:26 PM
You would think the NBA would prioritize fan safety over referee safety, though.

I don't think he was aiming to hit a fan, I don't think it's the same thing.

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Pre-Silver

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/raptors/2012/12/11/amir-johnson-suspended-toronto-mouthpiece/1762807/

He also hit a ref, not the same thing.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Warriors "fans" acted like Blake dumping water on a "fan" was the Holocaust and 9/11 combined a couple years ago. Wonder what those bleeding vaginas are saying about this?

Chris
i can't believe spurs fans are actually watching this garbage

Have you seen the rest of the garbage on TV? Sports Entertainment is all I have now :lol

RD2191
He could of blinded that fan in one eye tbh. Pretty serious shit imo. It also looks like Curry meant to hit him if you see the replay.

midnightpulp
06-16-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't think he was aiming to hit a fan, I don't think it's the same thing.

If I shoot a gun in a general direction, not aiming to hit anyone, but I "accidentally" hit somebody, I'm going to jail.

I know what you're saying, the NBA will look for any excuse to not suspend one of their meal tickets. But if Danny Green did that, he'd be suspended. We all know it.

Chris
06-16-2016, 11:31 PM
He could of blinded that fan in one eye tbh. Pretty serious shit imo. It also looks like Curry meant to hit him if you see the replay.

Too bad it wasn't a trill nig that would buck back. Fan was major cuck probably looking for a hug :lol

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:32 PM
If I shoot a gun in a general direction, not aiming to hit anyone, but I "accidentally" hit somebody, I'm going to jail.

I know what you're saying, the NBA will look for any excuse to not suspend one of their meal tickets. But if Danny Green did that, he'd be suspended. We all know it.

Yeah throwing a mouthpiece is like firing off your 45

DPG21920
06-16-2016, 11:32 PM

they never have though. The precedent is suspension for throwing at refs and fine for fans.

InRareForm
06-16-2016, 11:33 PM
0% chance curry is suspended

DAF86
06-16-2016, 11:33 PM
Fan should have sold that shit. Him giving Curry the hand gives the league the perfect copout. I would have sold that shit like a motherfucker, laying on the floor crying. :lol

midnightpulp
06-16-2016, 11:34 PM
Yeah throwing a mouthpiece is like firing off your 45

I'm saying intent doesn't matter. It could be a gun or a nerf ball. Just because Curry "didn't mean to" doesn't magically change the results of his actions. A fan was hit.

Splits
06-16-2016, 11:34 PM
That twink could have dropped trou, taken a deuce in a gatorade cup, dumped it on LeBron's dome, and not be suspended for G7.

League is primed for the finale in Oakland, twink bros will get every single call.

HarlemHeat37
06-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Fan should have sold that shit. Him giving Curry the hand gives the league the perfect copout. I would have sold that shit like a motherfucker, laying on the floor crying. :lol

There's a 0% chance that fan isn't getting something IMO:lol

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:36 PM

I would have gotten pissed off and started talking shit to Curry and thrown it right back at him.

Chris
06-16-2016, 11:36 PM

Should have seen what Jason Day's wife did - she sold that shit better than Mr. Perfect :lol

rsZzgXRlU4s

HI-FI
06-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Too bad it wasn't a trill nig that would buck back. Fan was major cuck probably looking for a hug :lol
Perhaps in an alternate Mandela universe the fan was murdered by the mouthpiece.

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm saying intent doesn't matter. It could be a gun or a nerf ball. Just because Curry "didn't mean to" doesn't magically change the results of his actions. A fan was hit.

If I accidentally hit someone with a nerf ball I'm not going to jail :lol

Chris
06-16-2016, 11:40 PM
Perhaps in an alternate Mandela universe the fan was murdered by the mouthpiece.

Mandela is about other dimensions, not universes. Tesla counted up to 24 dimensions during his lifetime.

RD2191
06-16-2016, 11:44 PM
Fan missed out on some cash imo. I would have milked that shit.

HI-FI
Mandela is about other dimensions, not universes. Tesla counted up to 24 dimensions during his lifetime.
The Berenstein shit has me freaked out. I'm trying to track down my old books to double check. Of course I go through phases of smoking too much so my memory isn't perfect, but it's still weird.

UNT Eagles 2016
Should have seen what Jason Day's wife did - she sold that shit better than Mr. Perfect :lol

rsZzgXRlU4s

yeah, but Lebron wasn't throwing a tantrum, he was going for a loose ball. Huge difference.

RD2191
06-16-2016, 11:46 PM
I remember back in the day when my grannys neighbor called the cops because we accidently hit her with a football. :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
06-16-2016, 11:46 PM
they never have though. The precedent is suspension for throwing at refs and fine for fans.

Incorrect. Players have gotten suspended multiple games for firing objects into the crowd in the past. Granted most of those were RS and certainly none in the Finals, but there is a precedent for it. Twink should absolutely be suspended.

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:47 PM
I remember back in the day when my grannys neighbor called the cops because we accidently hit her with a football. :lol

It's called a fucking soccer ball in this country

RD2191
06-16-2016, 11:49 PM
It's called a fucking soccer ball in this country

:lmao

midnightpulp
06-16-2016, 11:50 PM

Yes, but whether or not you intended to hit the person or not doesn't change the outcome of your actions. That's my point.

Curry shouldn't be granted absolution in this case because "I didn't mean to do it!" I would think the NBA would look down on players throwing tantrums to the point where they're indiscriminately hurling germ infested mouthpieces toward their paying customers.

I agree, though, that since no precedent was set (has a player ever been suspended for throwing something into the crowd?), Curry will get off scot free.

Chris
06-16-2016, 11:52 PM
The Berenstein shit has me freaked out. I'm trying to track down my old books to double check. Of course I go through phases of smoking too much so my memory isn't perfect, but it's still weird.

Yeah I freaked out a bit, then realized how little we know about how the Universe works, and that God has everything well in hand. :tu

baseline bum
06-16-2016, 11:54 PM
Yes, but whether or not you intended to hit the person or not doesn't change the outcome of your actions. That's my point.

Curry shouldn't be granted absolution in this case because "I didn't mean to do it!" I would think the NBA would look down on players throwing tantrums to the point where they're indiscriminately hurling germ infested mouthpieces toward their paying customers.

I agree, though, that since no precedent was set (has a player ever been suspended for throwing something into the crowd?), Curry will get off scot free.

You're really reaching here. Draymond's suspension was 100% warranted but Curry doesn't deserve one.

DPG21920
06-17-2016, 12:14 AM
Incorrect. Players have gotten suspended multiple games for firing objects into the crowd in the past. Granted most of those were RS and certainly none in the Finals, but there is a precedent for it. Twink should absolutely be suspended.

No. Not for the mouth piece. Everyone I can think of has gone by the same set of rules:

Aimed at/hit ref = suspension
Aimed at/hit fan = fine

DMC
06-17-2016, 12:19 AM
That fan is going to get a couple of "gifts" tomorrow, let's be real:lol
That fan is wealthy as fuck, doesn't need gifts.

Spurtacular
06-17-2016, 12:22 AM
That fan was a little bitch; should've been a fist.

dg7md
06-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Jalen Rose says he bets Curry gets suspended, but I don't know if he knows more than we do.

Spurtacular
06-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Jalen Rose says he bets Curry gets suspended, but I don't know if he knows more than we do.

Would be funny if that actually happened.

Keepin' it real
06-17-2016, 12:30 AM
Who is "Wardell"?

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 12:51 AM
Is spitting on someone illegal?

A:
Quick Answer
In the United States, Intentionally spitting on someone is illegal. While it may not cause physical damage, it meets the requirement threshold for the definition of Battery.
https://www.reference.com/government-politics/spitting-someone-illegal-7f60134c13ccc698

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 12:52 AM
and:

As stated by FindLaw, a battery offense is defined as an offense where an assailant is intentionally touching someone, where the touching is done without consent of the victim, and where the touching is considered to be harmful and/or offensive. By intentionally spitting on someone you are touching them with your saliva, which is considered offensive, and potentially exposing them to a contagious disease, which is harmful; therefore, spitting meets the requirements for battery offense.

Kawhitstorm
06-17-2016, 01:00 AM
Dirk drop kicked the ball in the 2006 Finals & only got a 5K fine.

l50IKDVpDiM

Kawhitstorm
06-17-2016, 01:11 AM

He did it in a playoff game back in 2014 & he just got a tech/fine: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2014/04/22/0041300162-gsw-lac-play12.nba/

spursistan
06-17-2016, 02:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClH7XW0UgAAxgGC.jpg

cjw
06-17-2016, 03:03 AM
What is up with all these Warriors fans claiming the refs gave the game to the Cavs? Cavs were up from the start, and got close when there was a curious run after the half where there were swings of fouls being called on Cavs and getting Warriors into bonus early. Warriors meanwhile continued to get away with their moving screens to free up shooters.

(And yes, Duncan's to free up Manu in 2014 was probably a moving screen).

Can't wait to see Barnes get a max offer and spearhead a 30 win Lakers season next year.

therealtruth
06-17-2016, 05:06 AM
You're really reaching here. Draymond's suspension was 100% warranted but Curry doesn't deserve one.

I'm not sure Draymond's was warranted. I don't think he was aiming for Lebron's groin. He was just upset Lebron had stepped over him and was trying to get his attention.

Russo21
06-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Should call the cops and press charges on him :D That might kick up a bit of a storm.

StrengthAndHonor
06-17-2016, 06:49 AM
Nope, no suspension here and the throw was harder. Kanter only got 25k fine in this outburst...

http://youtu.be/ZbGWjY7RiGU

baseline bum
06-17-2016, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure Draymond's was warranted. I don't think he was aiming for Lebron's groin. He was just upset Lebron had stepped over him and was trying to get his attention.

It was an intentional shot to his nuts and he was on thin ice for hitting Adams twice and getting away with it.

siraulo23
06-17-2016, 07:05 AM
Nope, no suspension here and the throw was harder. Kanter only got 25k fine in this outburst...

http://youtu.be/ZbGWjY7RiGU

good find ^

Chillen
06-17-2016, 07:08 AM
So sick of these Warrior players and their sense of entitlement because they have had so much success since hiring Steve Kerr. How baby like to throw a stupid mouth piece and it hit a fan. Yes, he should get suspended for 1 game but the league won't do it.

UZER
06-17-2016, 07:14 AM
The Warriors are acting like spoiled brats. They always get their way, and now that thing aren't going their way, the don't know how to handle it so they're throwing tantrums.

Also, enough of this 'intent' stuff with them. At some point, you gotta pay the crime for doing something stupid even if you the 'didn't mean' to hit someone or something.

These are the guys the NBA wants as the face? The have been horrible little bitches this post season when they've lost or are losing.

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 08:07 AM
So did Curry hit black haired guy or Baldy?
BTW, Baldy is the Cavs resident heckler of opposing coaches.
WTF is he doing sucking up to Curry?
http://cbssports4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2016/06/17/3391fea6-4718-43fb-977a-4ad8e375f3fb/resize/620x/e94e7c86a8ac5af35493259ca0c35a9a/curry61616.jpg

UZER
06-17-2016, 08:48 AM
So did Curry hit black haired guy or Baldy?
BTW, Baldy is the Cavs resident heckler of opposing coaches.
WTF is he doing sucking up to Curry?
http://cbssports4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2016/06/17/3391fea6-4718-43fb-977a-4ad8e375f3fb/resize/620x/e94e7c86a8ac5af35493259ca0c35a9a/curry61616.jpg

Apparently minor owners son or something like that. But yeah to really help my team, he should've been like nope, not shaking your hand after hitting me with your damn mouthpiece. That would've brought more focus to what Curry did.

DPG21920
06-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Sure, but unlike online where it's easy to hide and be an a-hole, it's much harder to be a real jerk to someone's face. Especially when they apologize. Good on that guy for not being a baby about it, shaking his hand in the heat of the moment and moving on.

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Apparently minor owners son or something like that. But yeah to really help my team, he should've been like nope, not shaking your hand after hitting me with your damn mouthpiece. That would've brought more focus to what Curry did.Baldy is the minor owners son or black haired?

:lol todays NBA
:lol todays NBA Phan

I'm sure you caught not only this but all kinds of phaggotry as he exited. Ty Lue yukking it up. Kerr making light of it. Next Curry walks well in the field of play as Cav is attempting free throw. Thankfully the ref did jump in and stop the shot attempt.

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Were they fouls on Curry?

Not to be lost in the mix.
ABC did a good job on #5. #6 they could have given a much better angle.
From what I saw on the replays they were absolutely fouls. Cementing Curry and Kerrs bitch ass status.

RsxPiimp
06-17-2016, 10:17 AM
Apparently minor owners son or something like that. But yeah to really help my team, he should've been like nope, not shaking your hand after hitting me with your damn mouthpiece. That would've brought more focus to what Curry did.
you're really gonna act like a jerk to someone who apologized on national tv? Come on man, we both know if that was you or anyone of us, we'll be happy da Mvp acknowledged us

JamStone
06-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Steal on Irving was pretty clean. There was maybe a little incidental body contact, but not the type of contact that warrants a foul. At best, it was a ticky-tack foul call.

Curry did not foul LeBron for his 6th foul. Not close. LeBron stopped, leaned, and tried to make it look like Curry made him fall. It was a terrible call.

That said, I agree that both Curry and Kerr acted like bitchass crybabies. Curry especially these Finals has lost a lot of his shine. His little 4 year old tantrum was definitely bitchmade.

DPG21920
06-17-2016, 10:25 AM
No suspension. NBA announces 25K fine for Curry & Kerr.

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Curry did not foul LeBron for his 6th foul. Not close. LeBron stopped, leaned, and tried to make it look like Curry made him fall. It was a terrible call.
Jam, Lebron does not stop. Watch his feet. As Lebron is taking his second step upcourt Curry clearly impedes Lebrons path. True, after the impede by Curry, Lebron tries to help the sell along by setting his elbow towards Currys back shoulder then stopping and semi flopping.
But again, after LeBron gathered the ball he was clearly attempting to move upcourt when Curry directly impeded his path.

Sidepoint on the steal attempt by Curry, could have been called a jump ball. Actually a nice steal attempt and also an excellent play by Lebron to not lose the ball on the steal. Not only not lose the ball but maintain possession and begin upcourt.

DPG21920
06-17-2016, 11:09 AM
If you are going to suspend someone, it has to be something major. Losing your cool looks bad and throwing your mouthpiece is pouty, but it's not horrrific. Especially if you don't have a history of doing that. Good on Silver for not suspending anyone and it's not because he's "Curry"

Fabbs
06-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Steal on Irving was pretty clean. There was maybe a little incidental body contact, but not the type of contact that warrants a foul. At best, it was a ticky-tack foul call.
The hand got all ball. But I did not find the prior to be incidental. Clearly impeding Irvings path to drive. Jam I suck at video editing but if you watch Currys left hand, prior to the steal he puts it directly on Irvings left shoulder. And uses force. Just like defensive holding in the NFL that impedes a receiver from making progress. Also has his chest blocking Irving which helped impede. Curry does not get that steal if he does not impede Irving. So I'm good with the holding call.

We completely agree the bitch made reactions by Curry and Kerr.
Those two have been the recipient of so many bullshit calls this season.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-17-2016, 11:16 AM
No. Not for the mouth piece. Everyone I can think of has gone by the same set of rules:

Aimed at/hit ref = suspension
Aimed at/hit fan = fine

Yep.

I remember people getting suspended before 2006 for throwing stuff into the stands, but they really haven't in the past 10 years.

Congrats NBA on being a police league. The corrupt refs' lives are worth more than the lives of those who actually make the league a profit.

Once the Spurs are irrelevant (may be this summer if Duncan retires and they rebuild) I'm done with the NBA

JamStone
06-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Jam, Lebron does not stop. Watch his feet. As Lebron is taking his second step upcourt Curry clearly impedes Lebrons path. True, after the impede by Curry, Lebron tries to help the sell along by setting his elbow towards Currys back shoulder then stopping and semi flopping.
But again, after LeBron gathered the ball he was clearly attempting to move upcourt when Curry directly impeded his path.

Impeding is not a foul. It's not hockey. I didn't see any contact.

If anything, in real time, LeBron looked like he even avoided any contact with Curry when he gathered and sort of went to the ground. No contact. No foul. Play on.

JamStone
06-17-2016, 11:24 AM
The hand got all ball. But I did not find the prior to be incidental. Clearly impeding Irvings path to drive. Jam I suck at video editing but if you watch Currys left hand, prior to the steal he puts it directly on Irvings left shoulder. And uses force. Just like defensive holding in the NFL that impedes a receiver from making progress. Also has his chest blocking Irving which helped impede. Curry does not get that steal if he does not impede Irving. So I'm good with the holding call.

The way the Finals had been called, particularly the last couple games, that was incidental contact. They had been letting the teams play. There's literally clutching, grabbing, holding every possession by both teams. That was about as clean a steal as you will see get called for a foul considering what the referees had been allowing in terms of physical contact.

UZER
06-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Sure, but unlike online where it's easy to hide and be an a-hole, it's much harder to be a real jerk to someone's face. Especially when they apologize. Good on that guy for not being a baby about it, shaking his hand in the heat of the moment and moving on.

you're really gonna act like a jerk to someone who apologized on national tv? Come on man, we both know if that was you or anyone of us, we'll be happy da Mvp acknowledged us

Of all the shit talked on here, this is where youre gonna take the high ground? :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Absolutely. NBA should take immediate action to show that these kinds of outbursts will not be tolerated no matter who the player is. He's a role model for a lot of kids, and this kind of behavior is reprehensible. Plus, throwing your slimey mouthpiece at another human being is just disgusting.

You fucking sissy ass choir boys amuse me....just amuse me...

Tully365
06-17-2016, 01:34 PM
:lol This is such a drama queen thread... people talking about the "lives" of fans "being at risk???" It's a mouthpiece. C'mon now.

Keepin' it real
06-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Who is "Wardell"?

FkLA
06-17-2016, 02:35 PM
He really should be suspended. You can't just throw shit into the stands and hit a fan and get away with it. Even if it's something as harmless as a mouthpiece. If someone like Artest or even that donkey Draymond had done this they'd be suspended. You can't give Wardell preferential treatment just because he looks like a scrawny 12 year old tbh.

FkLA
06-17-2016, 02:38 PM
I mean players on the bench get suspended for crossing an imaginary line during on-court confrontations but throwing mouthpieces at fans is ok?

K...
06-17-2016, 02:42 PM
I mean players on the bench get suspended for crossing an imaginary line during on-court confrontations but throwing mouthpieces at fans is ok?

That bench rule was strict liability. There is no mouthpiece rule. It's discretion. You have to judge his intent. Did he intend to hurt a fan?

cjw
06-17-2016, 03:08 PM
If you are going to suspend someone, it has to be something major. Losing your cool looks bad and throwing your mouthpiece is pouty, but it's not horrrific. Especially if you don't have a history of doing that. Good on Silver for not suspending anyone and it's not because he's "Curry"

Unless it's Bobo and Amare stepping off the bench in 2007! Should always be suspended for that...

DPG21920
06-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Of all the shit talked on here, this is where youre gonna take the high ground? :lol

No it's just a moment of truth. It's not high ground. To those who talk trash on here, 99% would never be that way face to face.

I also comment on a lot of the stuff on here - there's so much I can't get to it all, but when it bothers me enough I say something.

Splits
06-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Who is "Wardell"?

https://i.imgur.com/Kfgb5fm.png

:lol today's GNSF

UZER
06-17-2016, 03:30 PM
No it's just a moment of truth. It's not high ground. To those who talk trash on here, 99% would never be that way face to face.

I also comment on a lot of the stuff on here - there's so much I can't get to it all, but when it bothers me enough I say something.

So you only say stuff on here you would say in real life. Got it.

UZER
06-17-2016, 03:34 PM
That bench rule was strict liability. There is no mouthpiece rule. It's discretion. You have to judge his intent. Did he intend to hurt a fan?

Again with intent. At what point are you required to take responsibility for you actions on the court regardless of your intent?

DMC
06-17-2016, 03:59 PM
This entire Finals has turned into a fucking circus. Pretending this is great basketball is a fucking disservice to great basketball.

UZER
06-17-2016, 04:12 PM
This entire Finals has turned into a fucking circus. Pretending this is great basketball is a fucking disservice to great basketball.

:lol it really has. This is what happens when you continually have to stop and go the the replay to keep judging intent because guys like green keep pushing the boundaries on your rules, and you refuse to enforce them for sake of "the product".

It's a microcosm of society in general. Everything needs an attorneys interpretation of every rule that ever existed on why this particular incident doesn't need to follow that rule, so the responsible party can pass blame to someone else.

Seventyniner
06-17-2016, 04:20 PM
The punishment should be that Curry has to play game 7 without a mouthpiece.

DPG21920
06-17-2016, 04:21 PM
So you only say stuff on here you would say in real life. Got it.

Me personally? Most of the time yes, but :lol what is the point you are trying to make? Even if I said a bunch of stuff on here that I wouldn't say in real life that only makes the point I was trying to make.

spurs10
06-17-2016, 05:02 PM
The punishment should be that Curry has to play game 7 without a mouthpiece. No telling what kind of saliva, germs, and mucous were on that filthy disgusting mouthpiece. I think the crowd should be given rabies shots and Curry quarantined! :vomit::vomit:

TampaDude
06-17-2016, 05:29 PM
NFW Curry gets suspended. NFW.

NFW.

NFW.

TBH.

K...
06-17-2016, 06:14 PM
:lol it really has. This is what happens when you continually have to stop and go the the replay to keep judging intent because guys like green keep pushing the boundaries on your rules, and you refuse to enforce them for sake of "the product".

It's a microcosm of society in general. Everything needs an attorneys interpretation of every rule that ever existed on why this particular incident doesn't need to follow that rule, so the responsible party can pass blame to someone else.

intent is the foundation of law since like year 1000. Don't be a dumbass

UZER
06-17-2016, 06:33 PM
intent is the foundation of law since like year 1000. Don't be a dumbass

If I drive drunk and kill someone on accident while behind the wheel, I'm not excused because it wasn't my intent.