PDA

View Full Version : Knicks interested in D-Rose.. anyone think Parker could be a back-up plan?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-17-2016, 03:42 PM
If the Knicks are willing to let future picks or Porzingis go for Rose, one has to think the FO would at least entertain the idea to Phil Jackson. Love Parker, but what is the purpose of keeping him on the team if the other two of the big three retire? We are in a transition period, a "rebuild on the fly" - if you will. It would be smart, but unlikely to trade for youth.

What would it take to get it done?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16287776/new-york-knicks-discussions-trading-derrick-rose

Kawhitstorm
06-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Rose/Melo are cancers that are going to hold back Porzingis.

SAGirl
06-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Hmm NY was rumored to have wanted Teague b4 the trade deadline this season and now this.

GSH
Unless the Knicks bring back Isiah Thomas as GM, it's not happening.

TheGreatYacht
Knicks wouldn't give up Porzingis for Rose.

There is a market out there for Parker though.

Cklbmk
06-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Knicks are looking at trading 2nds and cap space for Rose. Not Porzingis LOL

You think a guy that hasn't been healthy in 4 years can get Porzingis? Come on bro.

SpursforSix
06-17-2016, 04:00 PM
I hope Parker is the Spurs backup plan.

TheGoldStandard
06-17-2016, 04:13 PM
I hope Parker is the Spurs backup plan.

:pop: Backup plan? He's still 1st, 2nd and 3rd options.. Kawhi isn't ready yet.

Mnky
06-18-2016, 03:20 AM
Parker has mentioned he would like to play for the Knicks if he left San Antonio. I don't think they'd send much for him, but it is a possible salary dump spot if spurs get Conley. Parker would take that starting job over Conley's backup.

SAGirl
06-18-2016, 03:47 AM
Parker has mentioned he would like to play for the Knicks if he left San Antonio. I don't think they'd send much for him, but it is a possible salary dump spot if spurs get Conley. Parker would take that starting job over Conley's backup.
I didn't think about it from that point of view, but if Pop told him the backup PG spot was for him or he could go to NY and play with Porzingod... heck I'd take NY and Porzingod over Conley's backup any day.

lmbebo
06-18-2016, 05:04 AM
LOL. Rose for Porzi. Phil isn't a great team builder, but he wouldn't be that dumb to do that trade.... Thats been his only success. He wouldn't trade him away for the rotting corpse of Rose.

DeRozan m8
06-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Anyone even talking about Zinger for Rose like theres even 1% chance of it happening should just shut up shop and quit basketball.

CGD
06-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Well then Chicago will need a point guard to run with Jimmy. TP for Taj rental and Mcdermott, then all in on Connoly.

SD126
06-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Parker's going NOWHERE.

Case closed.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2016, 01:48 AM
Parker's going NOWHERE.

Case closed.Yes he is, our fans seem to trade him daily in here........ Yet he will still be in SA when the season begins :lol He is a Spur for life, unless he signs somewhere else after this contract is up but I doubt that happens.

SD126
06-19-2016, 03:16 AM
Yes he is, our fans seem to trade him daily in here........ Yet he will still be in SA when the season begins :lol He is a Spur for life, unless he signs somewhere else after this contract is up but I doubt that happens.

The imaginary world of Spurstalk forum posters......ahhhh

Thanks for refreshing my mind. Lol

dbreiden83080
06-19-2016, 08:30 AM
This would be Isiah Thomas move from Jackson. Rose WTF?????? No team in basketball should be even remotely interested in that guy. This is a player who has played terribly even when he's been on the court and he's talking about preparing for being a Free Agent LMFAO!!

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Expensive expiring contracts will be in demand by the trade deadline, or possibly even earlier, when a lot of teams will be looking to get to the salary floor.

Joseph Kony
06-19-2016, 11:44 AM
The FO is never going to trade Parker so these threads are pointless tbh

bklynspursfan
06-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Parker's going NOWHERE.

Case closed.

I have said this same thing many times. It goes ignored as people continue to make these foolish threads

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Spurs could trade Parker to the SA Stars, Kayla McBride would be a slight upgrade over Parker at super fractions of the price and Parker could probably have an all star season in the WNBA

Obstructed_View
06-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Nobody said that the Knicks want to trade Porzingis for Rose, they just said that they're interested in Rose and Por is one of their chips with any value.

Also, I'm struggling to follow the OP. Are the Spurs trading Parker to the Knicks? The Knicks don't have a first round pick this year. What would the Spurs get for him that has any value at all?

Hoops Czar
06-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Nobody said that the Knicks want to trade Porzingis for Rose, they just said that they're interested in Rose and Por is one of their chips with any value.

Also, I'm struggling to follow the OP. Are the Spurs trading Parker to the Knicks? The Knicks don't have a first round pick this year. What would the Spurs get for him that has any value at all?

OP seems to think the Knicks would be stupid enough to take a $30M salary dump from the Spurs. Obviously, the Spurs wouldn't be getting much value in return. No Lyf3 forgot to describe how a $15M role player would benefit the Knicks in any way other than to eat up a chunk of payroll for the next 2 years while providing minimal gains. Apparently, nobody outside of Spurstalk uses advance stats. Ah, but here's the selling point. If Phil is willing to dangle Porzingis for a player like Rose (He's not), why not give him to the Spurs for a top 150 pg.

And of course, this is all part of Spurstalk's master plan to trade Parker, Sign Durant (only logical place he can go if he wants to win a championship - :lol), move Leonard to the 2 and play Danny Green at pg.

Stabula
06-19-2016, 06:11 PM
When I was in the darkness I whispered to my lord Satan probing the depths of the future. He revealed to me many things including Parker retiring a Spur in 3 years.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2016, 08:14 AM
And of course, this is all part of Spurstalk's master plan to trade Parker, Sign Durant (only logical place he can go if he wants to win a championship - :lol), move Leonard to the 2 and play Danny Green at pg.

Yet the idea of playing Kyle Anderson at his natural position is completely ludicrous, despite the Spurs having a starting two and three who can guard anyone on the floor.

kaji157
06-20-2016, 11:05 AM
I didn't think about it from that point of view, but if Pop told him the backup PG spot was for him or he could go to NY and play with Porzingod... heck I'd take NY and Porzingod over Conley's backup any day.

I also didnīt think it that way, if Pop can invent/create/or straight up lie to parker about whatever situtation, say alien invasion in san antonio or terminator coming back to kill him, that convinces parker his best option is to go to new york, then he has to do it.