PDA

View Full Version : Will Ronaldo even be remembered all that fondly in 20 years?

Amuseddaysleeper
06-18-2016, 05:04 PM
Didn't think so.

Canyonero
06-18-2016, 05:28 PM
This era's Hugo Sanchez tbh

apalisoc_9
06-18-2016, 05:34 PM
He's one of the top 10 players of all time. Name me 5 other players that has had a better club achivement both individually and team wise?

If he wins the Euro, hed be easily regarded as a top 7 player of all time.

TheGreatYacht
06-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Ronaldo was never the second, third, or fourth best player on his team.

Messi can't say that. He's been around legends his whole career, and without them you get Argentina Messi

Canyonero
06-18-2016, 05:59 PM

Messi can't say that. He's been around legends his whole career, and without them you get Argentina Messi

Benzema and Modric > Penaldo

Amuseddaysleeper
06-18-2016, 06:23 PM
He's one of the top 10 players of all time. Name me 5 other players that has had a better club achivement both individually and team wise?

If he wins the Euro, hed be easily regarded as a top 7 player of all time.

If he wins the Euro bwahaha

Amuseddaysleeper
06-18-2016, 06:23 PM

Who still went to the world cup final, Ronaldo needs Bale and Ramos to bail him out when he disappears in important matches.

Ronaldo has often not been the best player on his team for many many matches.

DAF86
06-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Messi will probably help him be more remembered, tbh.

ElNono
06-18-2016, 07:29 PM

this... he's definitely top 20-30 all time, tbh... the fact that he played in what will be known as the Messi era will help him, IMO

TheGreatYacht
06-18-2016, 07:51 PM
^ :lol

apalisoc_9
06-18-2016, 08:38 PM
this... he's definitely top 20-30 all time, tbh... the fact that he played in what will be known as the Messi era will help him, IMO

:lmao

Ronaldo is a top 7 player..no doubt. Id argue top 5..but no guy who hasnt won a world cup should be top 5 though.

DAF86
06-18-2016, 08:46 PM
:lmao

Ronaldo is a top 7 player..no doubt. Id argue top 5..but no guy who hasnt won a world cup should be top 5 though.

3 of the best 5 players in history haven't won the WC, tbh.

pgardn
06-18-2016, 08:56 PM

Definitely.

apalisoc_9
06-18-2016, 09:22 PM
3 of the best 5 players in history haven't won the WC, tbh.

Nope. Try again.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2016, 09:33 PM
his decline has been a few years now, cant even hit a free kick with good convert rate

remember this pos would take all free kicks, side kicks, penalties etc to get going...selfish prick trying to pad his goals....

bale currently is better then him, probably better then him since the transfer to realmadrid, cronaldo didnt win shit with realmadrid till bale arrived...

DAF86
06-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Nope. Try again.

Messi, Maradona, Pele, Distefano, Cruyff.

The undisputed top 5. You name any other guy and knowlodgeable football fans laugh at you. 3 out of 5 haven't won the WC... So far.

apalisoc_9
06-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Messi :lmao

DAF86
06-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Messi :lmao

The best I have ever seen. You too. Unless you are an old fuck that wants to pretend dinosaurs that played against 2 men defenses were better.

Canyonero
06-19-2016, 11:04 AM
:lol people still talking to OP

dunkman
06-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Certainly.

- He won his first best world player and champions league with the United
- He won more world player awards and another two champions with Madrid
- First player to score against every La Liga team in a season
- Best all time Madrid's scorer
- Currently best all time CL scorer

Few players totally succeed with one team, then changed the club, league and coaches and succeed even more.

Madrid had some remarkable good players in its rich history. Many great players also passed trough the Champions.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Certainly.

- He won his first best world player and champions league with the United
- He won more world player awards and another two champions with Madrid
- First player to score against every La Liga team in a season
- Best all time Madrid's scorer
- Currently best all time CL scorer

Few players totally succeed with one team, then changed the club, league and coaches and succeed even more.

Madrid had some remarkable good players in its rich history. Many great players also passed trough the Champions.

He's only won one La Liga since arriving at Madrid. Considering how much money the team has spent they have been a bit of a letdown when looking at his time there as a whole. I just think as time goes on, he'll be less revered as his game was very limited when he's not scoring. And there are very very few Ronaldo games where people were genuinely buzzing when he played against elite competition.

resistanze
06-19-2016, 12:21 PM
He's only won one La Liga since arriving at Madrid. Considering how much money the team has spent they have been a bit of a letdown when looking at his time there as a whole. I just think as time goes on, he'll be less revered as his game was very limited when he's not scoring. And there are very very few Ronaldo games where people were genuinely buzzing when he played against elite competition.

He also has two CL titles at Madrid. If anything, as time goes on, people will not care whether RMAO had a cupcake path to the title or not or 'level of competition' arguments.

He's averaged more than a goal per game in his entire career in Spain, and will retire either 1st or 2nd in CL goals. He's definitely top 10 all-time, without question.

dfens
06-19-2016, 12:47 PM

The undisputed top 5. You name any other guy and knowlodgeable football fans laugh at you. 3 out of 5 haven't won the WC... So far.

zidane nigga.

Relevancy
06-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Cristiano often gets more overrated than underrated by people, but he will still be remembered, scoring 40-50 goals a season is not easy task.

he's a top 5 goalscorer of all time tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
06-19-2016, 02:24 PM
His goal scoring abilities are all time level greats, but he also takes far far more shots any other player in modern times. His shot accuracy is quite par as he's more of a volume shooter.

I just think of you look at Real Madrid in this decade they have been somewhat underwhelming which I understand is an odd thing to say for a team with 2 CL titles.

Relevancy
06-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Yeah the only thing in cristianos mind is to score no matter what, kinda like Kobe, but scoring 50 goals a season has only been done by Messi and him in the history of the game I think.

I still find it amazing how they won the CL this year despite playing poorly throughout the year.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah the only thing in cristianos mind is to score no matter what, kinda like Kobe, but scoring 50 goals a season has only been done by Messi and him in the history of the game I think.

I still find it amazing how they won the CL this year despite playing poorly throughout the year.

They had one of the easiest paths in CL history by far. I'm not even sure Real get past Atletico if they had to play over two legs. Real essentially had a Europa league route to the final.

dunkman
06-19-2016, 05:22 PM
They had one of the easiest paths in CL history by far. I'm not even sure Real get past Atletico if they had to play over two legs. Real essentially had a Europa league route to the final.

They were little better then Atleti, arguably the toughest CL opponent this season. Indeed it was strange "luck" how they avoided Barça and Bayern, also all second legs were at the Bernabeu. But there are no easy opponents in the Champions, prove of that is how Madrid got eliminated by Juve in 2015 also the 0:2 vs Wolfsburg definitely looked like game over, tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-19-2016, 07:48 PM
They were little better then Atleti, arguably the toughest CL opponent this season. Indeed it was strange "luck" how they avoided Barça and Bayern, also all second legs were at the Bernabeu. But there are no easy opponents in the Champions, prove of that is how Madrid got eliminated by Juve in 2015 also the 0:2 vs Wolfsburg definitely looked like game over, tbh.

Sorry but Wolfsburg, City (in the semis no less), and Roma is an absolute joke no way around it. At the end of the day, a CL is a CL, but does anyone really believe that RM are the best team in Europe? This year's doesn't do jack in any other year in the CL this decade. It was some very very fortunate ping pong balls going their way.

dunkman
06-19-2016, 08:21 PM
Sorry but Wolfsburg, City (in the semis no less), and Roma is an absolute joke no way around it. At the end of the day, a CL is a CL, but does anyone really believe that RM are the best team in Europe? This year's doesn't do jack in any other year in the CL this decade. It was some very very fortunate ping pong balls going their way.

Did they had an easier path to the finals then Atleti? On paper, yes. However, this Atleti would have took out any other team from the CL but they couldn't take out Madrid. It's safe to assume Madrid would have beaten Barça or Bayern.

Once Rafa was fired, the Madrid started playing at another level with Zidane. Madrid won the clásico at the Camp Nou, few weeks before the CL finals.

Where Madrid was lucky, was when Grizmann missed the penalty. Atleti had it all to win the game.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Did they had an easier path to the finals then Atleti? On paper, yes. However, this Atleti would have took out any other team from the CL but they couldn't take out Madrid. It's safe to assume Madrid would have beaten Barça or Bayern.

Once Rafa was fired, the Madrid started playing at another level with Zidane. Madrid won the clásico at the Camp Nou, few weeks before the CL finals.

Where Madrid was lucky, was when Grizmann missed the penalty. Atleti had it all to win the game.

No way Madrid beats Barca over two legs. Madrid's goal was also offside let's not forget that. Madrid were very very fortunate, a more clinical team like Barca/Bayern would have beaten them. They barely scraped by City for god's sake needing an own goal. A city team that looked lifeless, possibly one of the worst semi-final teams in CL history.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2016, 11:10 PM
400 goals with realmadrid correct? the pos who takes all free kicks, penalties? lmao jealous pos when a team mates scores and not him

Venti Quattro
06-20-2016, 04:29 AM
Yes. Messi will be synonymous to Ronaldo and vice-versa, and that's how it's gonna be until they both hang up their boots

Brazil
06-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Yes. Messi will be synonymous to Ronaldo and vice-versa, and that's how it's gonna be until they both hang up their boots

they will be poor's man Cruyf / Beckenbauer

Canyonero
06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
He will be remembered as one of the guys who competed in the Messi era alongside Xaviniesta, Zlatan, Neybeta, etc. Pretty much Platini/Zico/Matthaus during Diegoat's era.

Relevancy
06-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Yes. Messi will be synonymous to Ronaldo and vice-versa, and that's how it's gonna be until they both hang up their bootscompare current Messi and current Cristiano, is the comparison even needed nowadays?

Relevancy
06-20-2016, 11:45 AM
They had one of the easiest paths in CL history by far. I'm not even sure Real get past Atletico if they had to play over two legs. Real essentially had a Europa league route to the final.They certainly did, Roma, wolfsburg, manchester city.. I have a hard time accepting how they're that lucky, they've been getting easy opponents in the early knockout stages for years now.

dunkman
06-20-2016, 01:32 PM
The first knockout out round is the best team of one group vs the second best of other group, there are some differences here, but from there on, the teams are evenly matched.

Roma is a relatively big club from a country with a strong league. I'm sure several other teams got easier opponents in that round.

Wolfsburg was better Benfica, that Bayern got. City got PSG, which Madrid dominated in the group stage. Atleti got Barça.

Only in the semi-finals, Madrid got the easier opponent.

Atleti had a much more difficult run, but in the end Madrid got the upper hand in the finals. Atleti could have won it, Grizman missed a penalty.

Relevancy
06-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Teams like Roma and Wolfsburg are never projected to win the CL, teams like that are just happy to be participating the in CL tbh, same as benefica, psv, ajax and so on.

the giants like barca, madrid, bayern are on a whole different level tbh, Madrid only struggled because they were in a poor form, Barca would have walked over roma and wolfsburg even City, city always disappoints.

I think only madridistas are celebrating this CL, because neutrals saw how poor Madrid was through the CL and La Liga and how unconvincing they beat Atletico tbh

Jodelo
06-21-2016, 08:30 AM
Teams like Roma and Wolfsburg are never projected to win the CL, teams like that are just happy to be participating the in CL tbh, same as benefica, psv, ajax and so on.

the giants like barca, madrid, bayern are on a whole different level tbh, Madrid only struggled because they were in a poor form, Barca would have walked over roma and wolfsburg even City, city always disappoints.

I think only madridistas are celebrating this CL, because neutrals saw how poor Madrid was through the CL and La Liga and how unconvincing they beat Atletico tbh

Still, they won the CL. :bobo

Relevancy
06-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Still, they won the CL. :boboyeah with an * next to it son

mudyez
06-21-2016, 03:21 PM
I confess: I had to google "Distefano" and still don't really know him.

Same in 30 years with Ronaldo, but with several brazilian Ronaldos confusing the guy that searches.

Kawhitstorm
06-27-2016, 12:16 AM

Distefano actually won a major tournament:wakeup

elemento
06-27-2016, 08:34 AM
There's only 1 Ronaldo tbh and he will always be remembered. The best 9 of all-time with the best haircut ever in WC finals :lol

https://rogerioperez.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/ronaldo-fenomeno-campeao-da-copa-do-mundo-de-2002.jpg

Bynumite
06-27-2016, 09:24 AM
He's been on top forever as far as scoring, had a long prime. Broke quite a few records. Multiple CL's in the top 2 leagues in the world. The most recognizable, popular and highest paid athlete in the world today. Yeah, i'm sure he will forgotten in about 20 years :lol

DAF86
06-27-2016, 11:34 AM
Distefano actually won a major tournament:wakeup

Which one?

Kawhitstorm
06-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Which one?

http://i.imgur.com/nrqHOv8.jpg

DAF86
06-27-2016, 11:48 AM
If Copa America was still played that way Argentina would have already rang. :cry no final :cry

lefty
06-22-2018, 09:05 PM
If he wins the Euro bwahaha
He did.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-22-2018, 10:37 PM
He did.

Well played, however:

Ronaldo needs Bale and Ramos to bail him out when he disappears in important matches.

That still holds true in the most recent semi finals and CL Final :toast