PDA

View Full Version : KD if you're tired of being #2

RD2191
06-19-2016, 09:57 PM
Join us and become 1B. (Kawhi #1)

dabom
06-19-2016, 09:58 PM
This is what i was thinking. Durant needs to jump ships to secure his legacy.

SupremeGuy
06-19-2016, 09:59 PM
I approve this thread.

:flag:

spurtech09
06-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Glad the rigged NBA finals is finally over.....On to the NBA draft.....

Snaq O'Meal
06-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Join us and become 1B. (Kawhi #1)

KD will be the clear no. 1 option tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 10:04 PM
1. Durant
2. Aldridge
3. Parker
4. Kawhi

BatManu20
06-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Do it KD.

dabom
06-19-2016, 10:06 PM

He wasn't talking about scoring wise. He was talking about the best player on the team.

coachmac87
06-19-2016, 10:07 PM
I've been trying to tell y'all KD is gone and we will be favorites...although Warriors aren't the champs and they can provide a great pitch lol

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Sucks that the Warriors lost, in this regard, tbh..now he can join them without being viewed as a frontrunner..

coachmac87
06-19-2016, 10:12 PM
KD to San Antonio would even make LeBron say "damn"..

r0drig0lac
06-19-2016, 10:13 PM

offset formation
06-19-2016, 10:17 PM
I think this result makes KD go back to OKC, if anything.

look_at_g_shred
06-19-2016, 10:18 PM
Kd would get way less shots on the Warriors then the Spurs tbh

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2016, 10:18 PM
Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, Iguodala..:(

BillMc
06-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Sucks that the Warriors lost, in this regard, tbh..now he can join them without being viewed as a frontrunner..

Exactly. A Warriors loss was bad for our already long odds at getting KD

noles1983
06-19-2016, 10:21 PM
can those faggots in GS even afford durant?

Snaq O'Meal
06-19-2016, 10:24 PM
can those faggots in GS even afford durant?

They may have more expiring contracts or tradeable assets than the Spurs to free up cap space.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 10:26 PM
KD ain't going to the team that beat him :lol

Warriors will break the team up though and they'll try their hardest to recruit him

RD2191
06-19-2016, 10:26 PM
He wasn't talking about scoring wise. He was talking about the best player on the team.
Tbh. We just need KD to get buckets.

AFMadison
06-19-2016, 10:27 PM
I think if he leaves it would definitely be for SA. I guarantee you GS players talk a lot of trash during the games. He probably respects San Antonio more after playing so many times over the years. He probably has a lot more respect for Pop over Kerr too. He probably stays in OKC but if he leaves I think he's going back to Texas.

dabom
06-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Tbh. We just need KD to get buckets.

I wouldn't mind him being the first option.

dabom
06-19-2016, 10:28 PM
I think if he leaves it would definitely be for SA. I guarantee you GS players talk a lot of trash during the games. He probably respects San Antonio more after playing so many times over the years. He probably has a lot more respect for Pop over Kerr too. He probably stays in OKC but if he leaves I think he's going back to Texas.

I was also thinking this. That warriors team talks shit to everyone. No way he joins them. 100%

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2016, 10:31 PM

Staying in OKC makes the most sense, and it's probably the most likely scenario..

His attachment to the community there is legit, reportedly, he will get more money, they already have continuity and defined roles, along with a young core..I would understand if the talent disparity was significant, but the Thunder barely lost to GS and just beat the Spurs without HCA..

urunobili
06-19-2016, 10:34 PM
We need a star PG not a three/four

Spurtacular
06-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Can we round up all the Kawhitards and put them in a sub forum.

RD2191
06-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Sure. And we can also make you a jimmer house so you can blow yourself daily.

Spurtacular
06-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Sure. And we can also make you a jimmer house so you can blow yourself daily.

Get some new comebacks, dude.

dabom
06-19-2016, 11:15 PM

Get some new comebacks, dude.

Ditty
06-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Staying in OKC makes the most sense, and it's probably the most likely scenario..

His attachment to the community there is legit, reportedly, he will get more money, they already have continuity and defined roles, along with a young core..I would understand if the talent disparity was significant, but the Thunder barely lost to GS and just beat the Spurs without HCA..

Though he knows that he is guaranteed to be back in the conference finals if he joins SA. It's not like the Thunder destroyed us, or are much better tbh. Spurs were one quarter away from going up 3-1 if Durant doesn't go off in the 4th of game 4, and one player showing up in game 5 which the Spurs played a bad game and nearly won that game also.

cutewizard
06-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Durant to the Spurs,

book it!

my crystal ball says so

----------------------------------------------------------------

congrats to the Cavs winning the NBA title!

hahahahaha, lol gs

cutewizard
06-19-2016, 11:21 PM
and by the way, it was an incredible Game of Thrones episode today!

omg!

dabom
06-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Durant to the Spurs,

book it!

my crystal ball says so

----------------------------------------------------------------

congrats to the Cavs winning the NBA title!

hahahahaha, lol gs

You are a top 10 poster here. Best girl poster for sure. :tu

dabom
06-19-2016, 11:23 PM
and by the way, it was an incredible Game of Thrones episode today!

omg!

Thanks for the reminder. Knew I was missing something...

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 11:30 PM
OKC beat the Spurs because of KD, without him they get swept. Don't know why people keep bringing that up as a reason why he ain't coming. Thunder's core isn't better than ours, don't know what Harlem is saying.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Best girl poster for sure. :tu
Agreed.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Though he knows that he is guaranteed to be back in the conference finals if he joins SA. It's not like the Thunder destroyed us, or are much better tbh. Spurs were one quarter away from going up 3-1 if Durant doesn't go off in the 4th of game 4, and one player showing up in game 5 which the Spurs played a bad game and nearly won that game also.

The Thunder have been a virtual lock for the conference finals every season, too, though..the only time they've missed it are when Westbrook and Durant were out for the playoffs..

Sticking with the community you have helped build and going with continuity makes sense IMO, especially when there isn't much of a difference in overall talent..

baseline bum
06-20-2016, 12:01 AM
99% the guy stays in OKC

cutewizard
06-20-2016, 12:03 AM
thanks guys!

:whine

Ice009
06-20-2016, 12:33 AM

What about when Westbrook's athleticism goes? Russell is a great player and I love his aggressiveness, but without his athletic ability, his game goes down the toilet and so do the Thunder's chances. How many more years does Westbrook have at his athletic peak? I really do think that once he loses a little bit of his athleticism, just a little bit, his game is going to drop off quite a bit.

-21-
06-20-2016, 12:43 AM
You are a top 10 poster here. Best girl poster for sure. :tu

Agreed.

Don't know if you guys are being sarcastic but I'm pretty sure wizard isn't a girl. :lmao

RD2191
06-20-2016, 12:46 AM
Don't know if you guys are being sarcastic but I'm pretty sure wizard isn't a girl. :lmao
Tbh

Ice009
06-20-2016, 01:47 AM
I'd start the meeting by throwing a brick on the table. Walk in with a brick in my hand and just chuck it on the table. I'd tell Durant that if he wants to build a house, stay in OKC. I'd then point out Russell Westbrook's FG % against the Spurs and also against the Warriors. That's Russell's percentage (38 percent) in his prime against the last two teams he played against in this year's playoffs, what's it going to be like when he's not at his athletic best? Do you want to stick around for that, or are you serious about trying to win a Championship?

daslicer
06-20-2016, 01:57 AM
I'd start the meeting by throwing a brick on the table. Walk in with a brick in my hand and just chuck it on the table. I'd tell Durant that if he wants to build a house, stay in OKC. I'd then point out Russell Westbrook's FG % against the Spurs and also against the Warriors. That's Russell's percentage (38 percent) in his prime against the last two teams he played against in this year's playoffs, what's it going to be like when he's not at his athletic best? Do you want to stick around for that, or are you serious about trying to win a Championship?

:lol I have to admit that is pretty funny. I'm sure that would be a pretty memorably first meeting with the Spurs for Durant. He would either be impressed or scared off.

hooperflash
06-20-2016, 02:14 AM
Warriors and KD don't go well in the same sentence.

T Park
06-20-2016, 02:46 AM
99% the guy stays in OKC

family was hunting for land in SA during the second round.

Havent heard if anything has changed but, you didnt see him go out of his way to compliment Steve Kerr like he did Pop.

Ice009
06-20-2016, 02:53 AM
family was hunting for land in SA during the second round.

Havent heard if anything has changed but, you didnt see him go out of his way to compliment Steve Kerr like he did Pop.

Are you serious? I do recall him complimenting Pop, didn't know his family was looking around at real estate though. Interesting. Even if he was though, a lot could have changed since then.

Chillen
06-20-2016, 06:14 AM
People forget that the Spurs probably have the best chance to lure Durant away from OKC because he will be the main man on this team. With OKC, Warriors they have Westbrook, Curry, Thompson, etc. Spurs have Aldridge, Leonard, Parker, but they are unselfish and will let Kevin be the leader along with having a great strong team. Not gonna happen anywhere else.

coachmac87
06-20-2016, 06:38 AM
It's all about long term plan that he's looking for. Why else look around? It's not like he's taking meeting with any team..just certain ones.

What's the point of looking if you'll miss out on 50+M? Why would he look if he's a lock to return? Marc Gasol didn't look around..

Thunder can't promise ANYTHING other than one more run. And then again KD has to go through it again..but this time with Westbrook, Ibaka and Adans..and anything can happen. Spurs have Kawhi and LMA and Pop locked up for 3 years...

Why else look around? He wants 3-4 years..not just 1.