10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8886860/

they have a pic of him and eva

1Parker1
10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Tony looks great in that pic :spin

boutons
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Eva looks like little bird. Gotta handle that one extremely tenderly.

J T Brick writes sentences that brick as horribly as a Shaq free throw.

spurs=bling
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
cool picture, the article sucks though

exstatic
10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Tagliabue hates us forum.

Sense
10-02-2005, 10:13 PM
cool picture, the article sucks though
?

You don't want SA as an NFL town?

TheWriter
10-02-2005, 10:15 PM
WOAI interviewed Tony. Here's what he said. I'm paraphrasing.

Tony: I think the city can support a team. I'd like to see one here.

Reporter: "Isn't this a Spurs town?

Tony: Yeah, but we'd be more than happy to share with a team.

KABB had a clip with Eva in the hallways of the Dome, she said something like:

Eva: We need an NFL team.

TheWriter
10-02-2005, 10:16 PM
?

It did suck. He gave us a 9... :lol

spurs=bling
10-02-2005, 10:18 PM
?

what i ment was that it could have been better

Sense
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
what i ment was that it could have been better

Consider that something good....they were talking about SA.

spurs=bling
10-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Consider that something good....they were talking about SA.
true

Horry For 3!
10-02-2005, 10:40 PM
As I sat in the press box, it felt like I was sitting in a luxury box on the 50-yard line. The Alamodome was built for football, and this building proved it would be a worthy home for a team that needs a new family.
Nice. :tu

TheWriter
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
JT and Brain Cox were both on Sports Sunday (WOAI).

JT said:

Los Angeles is a mess. They don't deserve an NFL team. With all the millionaires and billionaires there, they can't get anything together. The Coliseum is a mess; the Rose bowl is a mess.

The NFL is blessed to have San Antonio as a place where they can plant the Saints.

You could roll a team into the dome for the 2006 season and without any upgrades to the Dome it would still work.

Brian Cox said

Thanked SA for their help and sheltering of the evacuees.

Thinks Paul Tagliabue and Jerry Jones are in bed together.

The city needs to get over the "small market" comments because the city isn't and that it's all about the green for the NFL.

The Superdome should be the "last" thing the city of New Orleans worries about or fixes. More important things should come first.

exstatic
10-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Thinks Paul Tagliabue and Jerry Jones are in bed together.

The "Los Angeles" baby will arrive in nine months. Look for a confernce by Tags after the season saying how sorry he is that the Saints have to move on, and that LA has promised a stadium sometime in the next 20 years and that the Saints (gawd, I hope they change their name) will play in a heavily tarped off (to prevent blackouts) track and field stadium known as the Colosseum.

I fucking hate LA, but the only way this doesn't go down is if The Big One strikes sometime between now and the press conference.

TheWriter
10-02-2005, 11:44 PM
The "Los Angeles" baby will arrive in nine months. Look for a confernce by Tags after the season saying how sorry he is that the Saints have to move on, and that LA has promised a stadium sometime in the next 20 years and that the Saints (gawd, I hope they change their name) will play in a heavily tarped off (to prevent blackouts) track and field stadium known as the Colosseum.

I fucking hate LA, but the only way this doesn't go down is if The Big One strikes sometime between now and the press conference.

Paul can't make Benson move his team to LA.

BC meant Tags and Jones were the reason all homes games weren't played in SA.

Vashner
10-03-2005, 12:02 AM
They need an anti corruption law. Term limits on Major League Sports Commisioners..

He's got his pockets lined with cocaine from Jerry Jones nose and some dirty dallas money....

The real fear is not San Antonio getting a team..

It's a Superbowl with San Antonio.. because the commish knows we win... we don't let our players act like dicks and get away with it.. so a team of good guys would win the NFL championship.

TexasAggie2005
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Paul can't make Benson move his team to LA.

BC meant Tags and Jones were the reason all homes games weren't played in SA.

Tagliabue has a lot of influence on the decision though and everyone knows how badly he wants a team in LA. Besides, word is that Benson's a company guy. If Tagliabue puts enough pressure on him (and he will), LA gets the Saints next year. Hasn't Tagliabue already said that he "has no plans to move a team to a small market" (implying San Antonio, facts notwithstanding)?

exstatic
10-03-2005, 06:43 AM
There is pressure Tagliabue can bring to bear. He can withhold MNF appearances, Sunday Primetime appearances, Thanksgiving Day appearances, in short, any kind of major national exposure.

They're going to LA.

ObiwanGinobili
10-03-2005, 08:40 AM
After so much SA bashing by tagliabue and the like (even some spurs fans, sadly).
i was happy for every littel scrap in this article. i give it 3 :tu !!
here are my fav. parts:

The New Orleans Saints' "home" opener was all about the atmosphere, and San Antonio pulled it off.
I would rate this game-day experience as a 9 out of 10.
damn straight. it would've been an 11 out of 10 if we'd had 60k+ in there

There is no doubt that the people of San Antonio know football.
The crowd was very loud.
The game paled in comparison to the energy that we felt in the dome throughout the game.
now thats hospitality!! SA rocks!

The Alamodome was built for football, and this building proved it would be a worthy home for a team that needs a new family.
finally someone who says somethign about the alamodome that doesn;'t include the words "piece of shit"

lilmads
10-03-2005, 09:21 AM
OMG, Parker looks AMAZING! :wow

CoolChick
10-03-2005, 10:30 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8886860/

they have a pic of him and eva

Here's more pics:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5302/et041002059sp.jpg

angel_luv
10-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Here's more pics:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5302/et041002059sp.jpg

Who is the kid Eva is holding?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
lol, eva looks sooo tiny

she looks like that baby on kenyon martin's arm

grjr
10-03-2005, 11:20 AM
From the article:

I noticed several Cowboys jerseys sprinkled throughout the crowd, so it will be interesting to see how many fans flock to the Alamodome and watch the Saints when the Cowboys are also playing.

I don't know about anyone else but I have been a diehard Cowboys fan for over 25 years now. However (and I never thought I'd say this) Parcells is quickly making me lose my enthusiasm for the team. Whatever magic he had as a coach back in the day seems to be gone now.

If we somehow managed to land the Saints fulltime here I would have no problem blowing off the Cowboys. Hopefully the Dome would sell out every game so the games would be on TV.

coz
10-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Cowboy fan, not necessarily the above poster.

how do the cowboys continue to hold a your loyalty? If the saints were in San Antonio, would you support them over Dallas. I'm always perplexed at people suggesting that they'll always be dallas fans first. For what reason? What the hell has jerry jones done for SA? Who are the cowboys players left that you rooted for? Are you just in love with the colors?

If the NFL is in SA, why wouldn't SA cowboy fans change sides? I understand the "loyalty" concept, but free agancy has really made that obsolete. What are you loyal to? Jerry Jones? Blue and Silver? Texas Stadium?

I'm loyal to the town I was born in, grew up in, and currently live in. I'm a huge sports fan, and huge NFL fan. If the saints are in SA, I'm a Saints fan - - period.

I'm not trying to bash cowboy fans, I just want to understand. Would you as a San Antonio cowboy fan cheer the Cowboys playing in San Antonio versus the full time San Antonio Saints? What spell does the city of dallas hold on you people?

ObiwanGinobili
10-03-2005, 01:39 PM
coz-

i think peopel are fans of certain temas for other reasons them "hometown". there are people who live in SA who are NOT spurs fans.. and there are Spurs fans all across the country.
i myself have been a Baltimore Orioles fan for 17 years.... and they've sucked for a good 14 of those years... and I've never lived anywhere near Baltimore.
In texas I have a chioce of the Astros or the rangers... and i'll admit that if I lived in houston i'd support the "hometeam".. but I'd still be an Orioles fan #1.
I'm not huge into football.... but if the Saints played here I'd support them.

my point it that there isn;t really a valid reason to put aside your favorite team just because there is one closer to home. that seems bandwagoonish to me.

LuvBones
10-03-2005, 01:48 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/ap/asiasad11410022344.widec.jpg

grjr
10-03-2005, 01:50 PM
coz-
my point it that there isn;t really a valid reason to put aside your favorite team just because there is one closer to home. that seems bandwagoonish to me.

Bandwagoon:

http://www.chargertom.com/raidersidio3.jpg

Rummpd
10-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Someone has to speak the truth and I will say it again, there are many, many Hispanic/Latina women who are much more beautiful than the over-hyped, an anorexic appearing "show it all" all the time in public, Eva.

Include in this category my wife, Ana, from Panama who at 40 is still a very trim 6 with more in right places than Tony's squeeze!

Vashner
10-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Anyone talking trash about the Eva is not a Spur fan....

Eva's a sweet girl.. Just because she plays a part on TV does not let you judge her.

Back off EVA!!

angel_luv
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Eva is a very pretty woman. And I like her on Housewives.

ducks
10-03-2005, 02:40 PM
you do not have to like the girlfriends and wifes of the spur players to like the spurs

get real

angel_luv
10-03-2005, 02:41 PM
you do not have to like the girlfriends and wifes of the spur players to like the spurs

get real

well they do if I become one. :lol

coz
10-03-2005, 04:05 PM
"my point it that there isn;t really a valid reason to put aside your favorite team just because there is one closer to home. that seems bandwagoonish to me."

well said, but here's my point.

If the washington nationals were the san antonio nationals, would you still support baltimore as your number one team?

I agree it SEEMS to be bandwagonish (is that a word?), but if you love the sport, what is the problem with rooting for your hometown team. I understand that there are other fans for other reasons, perhaps you're from there, you liked a player they had, whatever.

I'll root for the hometown football team first and foremost, for many different reasons.

- I love the sport. NFL football live is better than any sport in this country. I would root for the cardinals if they were here.
- I love my hometown. The NFL could do great things for san antonio. I root for that too. What the hell has baltimore or dallas ever done for you?
- I root for a team for a current reason. I know some are attached to the boys for Aikman or Emmit. Maybe they were Starbauch fans, who knows. Perhaps you really liked Robbie Alomar. Doesn't matter. Players move so quickly in baseball and football that you really can't have a long attachment to the team for anything other than geography, team colors, or fear of switching to another team and being labled "bandwagon".

(I would also like to address the term bandwagon. Isn't it the distant fan who is in fact the true bandwagon fan? A san antonio native isn't a bandwagon fan for supporting a san antonio team. a san antonio native who is a baltimore fan must have been, at one point, a bandwagon fan for whatever reason.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, why would you stick to baltimore after all of the players who made you an orioles fan have left, the coaches have changed, the mangement has changed, and even the uniform has changed? Is it just so your friends won't see you're a bandwagon jumper? Do you like the city of baltimore that much? Is it just a bad habit? Understand, this is a hypothetical question IF SA had a ML team, would you switch sides?

Ishta
10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
"my point it that there isn;t really a valid reason to put aside your favorite team just because there is one closer to home. that seems bandwagoonish to me."

well said, but here's my point.

If the washington nationals were the san antonio nationals, would you still support baltimore as your number one team?

I agree it SEEMS to be bandwagonish (is that a word?), but if you love the sport, what is the problem with rooting for your hometown team. I understand that there are other fans for other reasons, perhaps you're from there, you liked a player they had, whatever.

I'll root for the hometown football team first and foremost, for many different reasons.

- I love the sport. NFL football live is better than any sport in this country. I would root for the cardinals if they were here.
- I love my hometown. The NFL could do great things for san antonio. I root for that too. What the hell has baltimore or dallas ever done for you?
- I root for a team for a current reason. I know some are attached to the boys for Aikman or Emmit. Maybe they were Starbauch fans, who knows. Perhaps you really liked Robbie Alomar. Doesn't matter. Players move so quickly in baseball and football that you really can't have a long attachment to the team for anything other than geography, team colors, or fear of switching to another team and being labled "bandwagon".

(I would also like to address the term bandwagon. Isn't it the distant fan who is in fact the true bandwagon fan? A san antonio native isn't a bandwagon fan for supporting a san antonio team. a san antonio native who is a baltimore fan must have been, at one point, a bandwagon fan for whatever reason.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, why would you stick to baltimore after all of the players who made you an orioles fan have left, the coaches have changed, the mangement has changed, and even the uniform has changed? Is it just so your friends won't see you're a bandwagon jumper? Do you like the city of baltimore that much? Is it just a bad habit? Understand, this is a hypothetical question IF SA had a ML team, would you switch sides?I'd switch in a heartbeat