PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Has lost all credibility, the Lebron v Jordan debate. Or lack there of.

TheCerebral1
06-20-2016, 09:48 AM
First off, congrats to Lebron James bringing at title to Cleveland, for the fans. Not for him, personally Golden State folded like a Trump commentary post debate. Trying to ask: Can Lebron pass MJ as the greatest of all time?, is similar to asking if Alex Rodriguez deserves a HOF plaque. The answer is simple: No. Michael Jordan would have ate up and spit out Lebron. His mental toughness is miles ahead of Lebron's. He won with teams that outside of Pippen and perhaps Grant, lacked anything more than role players. Jordan wouldn't lose to Dallas in 2012, in fact he would have buried them. Furthermore, the futility of Lebron needed to be surrounded by stars, furthermore postures to his ego, and inability to do it on his own. I'm not a Lebron hater, he's one of the most physically gifted point forwards of all time. He's the closest thing to Oscar Robertson in his lifetime. But, there are intangibles that wouldn't even come close. Lebron is an athlete, Jordan is a basketball player. Okay, rant over. No one will ever touch Jordan, Kobe couldn't and there is no damn chance that James is even worth more than debate in the top five argument. He's 3-6 in his championships. While he's gotten to the dance multiple times he plays in a weaker conference. His team wouldn't make it past San Antonio, OKC and other teams that play fundamental basketball.

TrainOfThought5
06-20-2016, 09:59 AM
Lebron is great, and everyone is gonna post stats. And hes still undeniably the greatest player in the NBA right now. But hes no Jordan. 6>>>3

TheGoldStandard
06-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Does it really matter? Jordan was the be all end all in the 90's, he runs off 3 straight goes and plays baseball, comes back and wins 3 straight. That's amazing.. But going to the finals 6 times straight regardless if it's a weak conference is pretty awesome. Both great players, both deserve to be in the top 10 of almost everyone's list. MJ will be considered top 1-3 for almost everyone and Lebron will creep into 1-5 for most.

TheCerebral1
06-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Does it really matter? Jordan was the be all end all in the 90's, he runs off 3 straight goes and plays baseball, comes back and wins 3 straight. That's amazing.. But going to the finals 6 times straight regardless if it's a weak conference is pretty awesome. Both great players, both deserve to be in the top 10 of almost everyone's list. MJ will be considered top 1-3 for almost everyone and Lebron will creep into 1-5 for most.

The debate isn't if he's a top five all-time NBA player, the debate is "top" go getter of all time. Comparing apples and oranges is great, but the differences are miles long. Lebron James is playing in such a weak Eastern Conference, it doesn't compare to the mid-nineties competition. I just am incensed by the belief that he's even better than Kobe Bryant. Who did win it on the back of Shaq, however is still a better all around basketball player. I can agree that Lebron James is easily a top five all time talent.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2016, 10:23 AM
The competition is for second place, folks. It's a pretty distant second at that.

The joke is that Kobe's name is still mentioned.

Chinook
06-20-2016, 10:25 AM
I'd take Lebron over Jordan, especially now that James has figured out how to live up to the moment. I think things are completely different for Michael had he come into the league in 2003 or even 1996.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2016, 10:27 AM
There is no debate. LeBron is the GOAT. Dad Killer is an overrated chucker who needed an obscene amount of help just to win playoff series, let alone rings.

TheGoldStandard
06-20-2016, 10:29 AM
The debate isn't if he's a top five all-time NBA player, the debate is "top" go getter of all time. Comparing apples and oranges is great, but the differences are miles long. Lebron James is playing in such a weak Eastern Conference, it doesn't compare to the mid-nineties competition. I just am incensed by the belief that he's even better than Kobe Bryant. Who did win it on the back of Shaq, however is still a better all around basketball player. I can agree that Lebron James is easily a top five all time talent.

Lebron James is the only player out of those 2 that you mentioned Jordan and Kobe to carry a team to a finals by himself and realistically carry teams to WCF for several years by himself. Outside of the Pistons at the beginning of Jordans amazing run there were not a whole lot of great teams in the east for Jordan to challenge himself against. Kobe as a solo act was atrocious even going as far as to say he wanted to be traded if he didn't get help.

RD2191
06-20-2016, 10:47 AM
How many rings would Timmy have if the Spurs played in the East?

skulls138
06-20-2016, 10:50 AM
The debate isn't if he's a top five all-time NBA player, the debate is "top" go getter of all time. Comparing apples and oranges is great, but the differences are miles long. Lebron James is playing in such a weak Eastern Conference, it doesn't compare to the mid-nineties competition. I just am incensed by the belief that he's even better than Kobe Bryant. Who did win it on the back of Shaq, however is still a better all around basketball player. I can agree that Lebron James is easily a top five all time talent.Lebron has always had the talent to be GOAT but hadnt utilized it in the best way. He finally did. And people always talk about scoring when comparing athletes but Lebron rebounded and blocked shots too. Its Lebrons time, just go with it.

I will say though that Warrior type b-ball is not effective in playoffs.

skulls138
06-20-2016, 10:51 AM
How many rings would Timmy have if the Spurs played in the East?Theyd still have to go through the Lakers.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2016, 11:00 AM
The Spurs could play in the D-League and Enrique would still take a few out of the case.

dbestpro
06-20-2016, 11:04 AM
The debate cannot be made in earnest until after Lebron has retired.

TheCerebral1
06-20-2016, 11:05 AM
I'd take Lebron over Jordan, especially now that James has figured out how to live up to the moment. I think things are completely different for Michael had he come into the league in 2003 or even 1996.

Yes they aren't as physical and Jordan would dominate anyone in this league. Are you a millennial, this might be the dumbest post I've seen in a while. The league is so much softer than it was in the 90's.

RD2191
06-20-2016, 11:07 AM
The Spurs could play in the D-League and Enrique would still take a few out of the case.
Well can't argue with that, tbh.

.G.
06-20-2016, 11:11 AM
james is a mental midget compared to Jordan.

Jordan always exuded a determination to win that was both innate and insatiable. You could never count dat nigga out.

He was the ultimate competitor, followed only by Duncan.

daslicer
06-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Jordan is still the GOAT but Lebron definitely moved up on the top 10 list. Anyways ESPN just looking to market and sell shit by pushing Lebron is the GOAT. They do this with every player when they win a title which is over exaggerate the players place in the history of the game. I guarantee 10 years from now they will be some new player ESPN will hype and scream "He's better than Lebron blah blah after winning this championship its clear blah blah has arrived."

Chinook
06-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes they aren't as physical and Jordan would dominate anyone in this league. Are you a millennial, this might be the dumbest post I've seen in a while. The league is so much softer than it was in the 90's.

Yeah, and it's moved away from post guards. Do you seriously think that someone who doesn't already have a superstar reputation is going to get away with bowling "soft" people over? This "soft vs tough" debate is idiotic. NBA players are better now than they were back then, and coaching is definitely better. The Triangle would get the shit kicked out of it now if anyone ran it as a primary offense. Just ask New York.

random21
06-20-2016, 11:16 AM

THIS.....
Also the Jordan vs Lebron talk is stupid. Won't be watching that shit station of ESPN....Only time will be the draft with the volume muted until the Spurs do something....

daslicer
06-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Yeah, and it's moved away from post guards. Do you seriously think that someone who doesn't already have a superstar reputation is going to get away with bowling "soft" people over? This "soft vs tough" debate is idiotic. NBA players are better now than they were back then, and coaching is definitely better. The Triangle would get the shit kicked out of it now if anyone ran it as a primary offense. Just ask New York.

Very bad example considering the triangle in the last 30 years has never worked outside of a Phil Jackson run team and even Phil needed the best players in the world to run it. The triangle was even criticized during the 90's when other coaches tried to run it and failed miserably.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2016, 11:20 AM

Jordan always exuded a determination to win that was both innate and insatiable. You could never count dat nigga out.

The Pistons used to make Dad Killer cry like the little bitch he truly was. He needed to beg Stern to change the rules of the league to neuter them - the most bitchmade move ever.

:lol "The ultimate competitor" - that schtick is almost as fraudulent for DK as it is with Kobe.

montgod
06-20-2016, 11:20 AM
I agree with what most have stated, Jordan will always be the best.

I do find it funny that ESPN/media hasn't mentioned how much Cavs had to pay this year to win. They spent more than any other team by far so they better have won! Similar to the Nets, but they did it a few years too late with the older timers lol!

da_suns_fan
06-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Haters gonna hate.

Lebron isnt the scorer that MJ was, but he's the greatest all-around-player of all time.

Chinook
06-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Very bad example considering the triangle in the last 30 years has never worked outside of a Phil Jackson run team and even Phil needed the best players in the world to run it. The triangle was even criticized during the 90's when other coaches tried to run it and failed miserably.

It's not working with Phil, either. It has good principles, but it emphasizes the wrong things, especially in today's NBA.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 01:11 PM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1381509603laugh.gif

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 01:12 PM
First off, congrats to Lebron James bringing at title to Cleveland, for the fans. Not for him, personally Golden State folded like a Trump commentary post debate. Trying to ask: Can Lebron pass MJ as the greatest of all time?, is similar to asking if Alex Rodriguez deserves a HOF plaque. The answer is simple: No. Michael Jordan would have ate up and spit out Lebron. His mental toughness is miles ahead of Lebron's. He won with teams that outside of Pippen and perhaps Grant, lacked anything more than role players. Jordan wouldn't lose to Dallas in 2012, in fact he would have buried them. Furthermore, the futility of Lebron needed to be surrounded by stars, furthermore postures to his ego, and inability to do it on his own. I'm not a Lebron hater, he's one of the most physically gifted point forwards of all time. He's the closest thing to Oscar Robertson in his lifetime. But, there are intangibles that wouldn't even come close. Lebron is an athlete, Jordan is a basketball player. Okay, rant over. No one will ever touch Jordan, Kobe couldn't and there is no damn chance that James is even worth more than debate in the top five argument. He's 3-6 in his championships. While he's gotten to the dance multiple times he plays in a weaker conference. His team wouldn't make it past San Antonio, OKC and other teams that play fundamental basketball.

The Bulls were 1 shot away from the ECFs without him:lol

cd98
06-20-2016, 01:24 PM
I believe Jordan has the same number of titles as Lebron at Lebron's age. I don't like either player as their egos are so over the top. But Lebron is actually more likeable than Jordan. But in terms of basketball, Lebron is absolutely on Jordan's level and his size and speed make him a monster match up. He's maybe not as clutch as Jordan, but he's pretty damn clutch as he put up a classic game in a game 7 on the road against a team that set the regular season record for most wins.

Spurtacular
06-20-2016, 01:43 PM

C+

.G.
06-20-2016, 06:55 PM
The Pistons used to make Dad Killer cry like the little bitch he truly was. He needed to beg Stern to change the rules of the league to neuter them - the most bitchmade move ever.

:lol "The ultimate competitor" - that schtick is almost as fraudulent for DK as it is with Kobe.

He was the ultimate competitor :lol

Proxy
06-20-2016, 08:33 PM
All I'm seeing in OP's post is

My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,salt,My opinion,My opinion,subjective claim,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,salt,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,,salt,fundamental commentary even tho SAS and OKC played ISO this year,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion,My opinion, salt,My opinion,

YGWHI
06-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Well, Jordan would make the winning shot against Warriors, not Kyrie.

If everything is reduced to "Who would you rather have taking the last shot?" I'd say MJ, without doubts.

skulls138
06-20-2016, 10:36 PM
The Bulls were 1 shot away from the ECFs without him:lolBulls almost made the Finals, they were already in the ECF, just to clarify.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 07:28 AM
Bulls almost made the Finals, they were already in the ECF, just to clarify.

Pretty sure that's not correct. He only missed one complete season. They lost in the conference semis in both '94 and when he came back in '95.

Also, I don't think they were one shot from the conference finals anyway. Pippen was pretty terrible in that game.

SASdynasty!
06-21-2016, 08:12 AM
It's close. Lebron is on pace (actually outpacing Jordan) in terms of awards, but not raw stats (although he played in a faster-paced era). Jordan had way stronger conference competition, whereas Lebron had way stronger Finals competition. After 31, Jordan would only make the playoffs 3 more times (all titles). That will be difficult for Lebron to match, but possible.

At 31 years old:

Michael Jordan:
3x champion
3x FMVP
3 Finals
3 MVPS
RS: 32/6/6/3/1 on 51%
PO: 34/7/7/2/1 on 50%

Lebron James:
3x Champion
3x FMVP
7 Finals
4 MVPs
RS: 27/7/7/2/1 on 50%
PO: 28/9/7/2/1 on 48%

RD2191
06-21-2016, 08:23 AM
Are people disregarding the fact that this faggot joined two other superstars in his prime to win a couple of rings? He'd have maybe 1 title otherwise.

GSH
06-21-2016, 08:26 AM
The Triangle would get the shit kicked out of it now if anyone ran it as a primary offense. Just ask New York.

The Triangle with MJ is a different animal. The Spurs used to live on a steady diet of 4-down. Everyone in the arena knew what was coming, and they still couldn't stop it consistently. Try doing that without Tim Duncan. The same goes for the Triangle with Michael Jordan.

Golden State just showed how difficult it is to win back to back Championships. A three-peat is ridiculous. To win one three-peat, take two years off, and then come back to win another three-peat? I don't care what conference you're in, or what era you played in. Jordan had a lot of help, but he was the undisputed leader of that team, and he came up biggest in the biggest moments. With a mere mortal in his spot, there were too many opportunities to drop games that would have knocked them out of the playoffs. That's why teams don't repeat.

For the record, Stockton and Malone were pretty damned good. As a tandem, they were very damned good. The 97-98 Jazz teams ran the PnR as well or better than it has ever been run. They were physical as hell. The Bulls didn't beat those Jazz teams - Michael Jordan did. Recency bias is always a problem when comparing players from different eras. LeBron is, without a doubt, the dominant player of this era. But it's hard not to include results in any comparison between him and Jordan. Two three-peats, that could easily have been eight in a row if he hadn't taken those two years off? That's hard to live up to.

SASdynasty!
06-21-2016, 08:28 AM
Are people disregarding the fact that this faggot joined two other superstars in his prime to win a couple of rings? He'd have maybe 1 title otherwise.
Yah but he might already have 4 or 5 if he had the GOAT coach or if all but one of his Finals appearances were against squads that never won a chip (Sonics, Blazers, Suns, Jazz).

GSH
06-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Pretty sure that's not correct. He only missed one complete season. They lost in the conference semis in both '94 and when he came back in '95.

Also, I don't think they were one shot from the conference finals anyway. Pippen was pretty terrible in that game.

Jordan came back for 17 games in '95. Pretty ridiculous, after having missed one whole season, and most of that one. In the Conference semis he still averaged 31 points, plus a couple of steals and blocks per game.

SASdynasty!
06-21-2016, 08:34 AM
The Triangle with MJ is a different animal. The Spurs used to live on a steady diet of 4-down. Everyone in the arena knew what was coming, and they still couldn't stop it consistently. Try doing that without Tim Duncan. The same goes for the Triangle with Michael Jordan.

Golden State just showed how difficult it is to win back to back Championships. A three-peat is ridiculous. To win one three-peat, take two years off, and then come back to win another three-peat? I don't care what conference you're in, or what era you played in. Jordan had a lot of help, but he was the undisputed leader of that team, and he came up biggest in the biggest moments. With a mere mortal in his spot, there were too many opportunities to drop games that would have knocked them out of the playoffs. That's why teams don't repeat.

For the record, Stockton and Malone were pretty damned good. As a tandem, they were very damned good. The 97-98 Jazz teams ran the PnR as well or better than it has ever been run. They were physical as hell. The Bulls didn't beat those Jazz teams - Michael Jordan did. Recency bias is always a problem when comparing players from different eras. LeBron is, without a doubt, the dominant player of this era. But it's hard not to include results in any comparison between him and Jordan. Two three-peats, that could easily have been eight in a row if he hadn't taken those two years off? That's hard to live up to.
Easily been 8? Come on. Those Houston squads would have won at least one of those Finals. And if Jordan would have stayed and had to face the '99 Spurs, he's not winning that, nor is he winning against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. Good thing for him he had 5 losing seasons and 5 retirement seasons so his playoff legacy didn't have as good a chance to get tarnished.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 08:40 AM
Lots of people who didn't see Jordan play in this thread.

GSH
06-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Easily been 8? Come on. Those Houston squads would have won at least one of those Finals. And if Jordan would have stayed and had to face the '99 Spurs, he's not winning that, nor is he winning against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. Good thing for him he had 5 losing seasons and 5 retirement seasons so his playoff legacy didn't have as good a chance to get tarnished.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Maybe Houston still wins those two, maybe they don't. The point is, Chicago was still able to go well into the playoffs without Jordan. With him there, there is no doubt that the Bulls would have been the team to beat. (Yeah, yeah, he played 17 games in 95 - he wasn't "back" to form, by any means.)

Fuck... forget about those two years. Two three-peats. If you don't understand how difficult that is, there's no point in talking about it.

Lots of people who didn't see Jordan play in this thread.

That's a damned fact. The Grand Canyon is a big hole in the ground, if you've never seen it.

keeferob25
06-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Maybe Houston still wins those two, maybe they don't. The point is, Chicago was still able to go well into the playoffs without Jordan. With him there, there is no doubt that the Bulls would have been the team to beat. (Yeah, yeah, he played 17 games in 95 - he wasn't "back" to form, by any means.)

Fuck... forget about those two years. Two three-peats. If you don't understand how difficult that is, there's no point in talking about it.

That's a damned fact. The Grand Canyon is a big hole in the ground, if you've never seen it.

BINGO! Fuck a ring count comparison. Look at HOW they won them. Jordan did it in TWO SEPARATE THREE-PEATS!!! For fuck sake its been basically 17 years since the Bulls broke up and only ONE team has three peated and we ALL know 2002 was a rigged ring so not legit. So not a real threepeat. Jordan did what no team has done since Bill Russell's Celtics lolol...and he did it TWICE!!! Basically, when Jordan got over the hump and his first taste of the Finals in 90-91, all the way to his retirement (8 years), HE WON EVERY YEAR THAT HE PLAYED A FULL SEASON! So if Jordan started the season, no other team had a chance...for 8 straight years! With TWO separate squads!!! That's fucking nuts!

Lebron made is first finals in 2007 and has made 6 straight at this point. But he was GOD AWFUL in 2007, STILL has the worst choke job/pussy performance in finals history in 2011, TERRIFIC in 2012, got a 100% gift in 2013 (Spurs were the better team and lost because Duncan's Coach and running mates SABOTAGED him), and got blown off the court in 2014. I don't knock him at all for last year because they were injured. And this year he was spectacular again. Compared to Jordan who's UNBEATEN its not even comparable.

Russo21
06-21-2016, 10:19 AM
It's just too hard to compare players from different era's. The game has changed so much it is ridiculous especially with the way teams rain down 3 pointers.

1998 Bulls made 3.8 3 pointers per game on 11.7 attempts at .323
2016 Cavs made 10.7 3 pointers per game on 29.6 attempts at .363
2016 Warriors made 13.1 3 pointers per game on 31.6 attempts at .416

1998 Bulls made 311 of 962 3 pointers
2016 Cavs made 880 of 2427 3 pointers
2016 Warriors made 1077 of 2592 3 pointers

Kukoc led the Bulls with 63 made 3 pointers and Pippen led the team with 192 3 point attempts
JR Smith led the Cavs with 204 3 pointers on 510 attempts
Currymuncher led the Warriors with 402 3 pointers on 886 attempts

Currymuncher took only 76 less 3s than the entire Bulls team combined!

That is the disparity in just one of the statistical categories. Factor in rule changes as well as how the game has changed you never know what woulda happened. It's one of those things when comparing era's, nobody knows and nobody will ever know. One of the great mysteries fans will never know and can debate forever.

Oh and fuck the Warriors :)

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 10:48 AM
You're disregarding the fact that Washed-Up Wade and RuPaul fell off a cliff after year one and needed LeBron to carry them to it, broke back belly draggin'.

skulls138
06-21-2016, 07:18 PM

Also, I don't think they were one shot from the conference finals anyway. Pippen was pretty terrible in that game.Damn, my bad. Ive been thinking that for along time.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Damn, my bad. Ive been thinking that for along time.

No worries. I've done that too.

I'm the first person to say that Jordan needed Pippen, but Jordan was still the best player I've ever seen by a wide margin.

tbdog
06-21-2016, 07:32 PM
TBH, Lebron regresses now unless he signs with another team. That drive to fulfil that promises has been completed. The drive to carry a team, the emotions over 82 games, and another long playoff run will catch up to him. However, playing for another team could light some fire, especially if he joins a dominate scorer that can carry him through the regular season. For that to happen, he will have to drop his wage.

tholdren
06-21-2016, 07:45 PM
but jordan didnt run to another team. which is why he will always be better.

russellgoat
06-21-2016, 08:13 PM

YeH, the Duncan that missed two easy shots over Battier to win a championship.

RodNIc91
06-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Hey fellas, I was wondering which are the best games Jordan has played in your opinion. I wanted to watch them and see Jordan at its greatest, since I'm mostly a modern-day fan who hasn't really watched earlier basketball.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-21-2016, 08:38 PM
LBJ just pulled off the greatest comeback in NBA Finals history, but he's also been part of some incredible collapses (2011, 2014), and got incredibly lucky in 2013.

Has he threepeated? Twice? End of discussion. MJ is still GOAT. The discussion for the rest of the top 10 is interesting...

How do you rank the following: Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe, Russell, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, LBJ? And who have I forgotten that should be in there?

tholdren
06-21-2016, 09:15 PM
LBJ just pulled off the greatest comeback in NBA Finals history, but he's also been part of some incredible collapses (2011, 2014), and got incredibly lucky in 2013.

Has he threepeated? Twice? End of discussion. MJ is still GOAT. The discussion for the rest of the top 10 is interesting...

How do you rank the following: Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe, Russell, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, LBJ? And who have I forgotten that should be in there?
It depends on what your criteria for rating would be.

.G.
06-21-2016, 11:34 PM
YeH, the Duncan that missed two easy shots over Battier to win a championship.

YeH, that Duncan.

lefty
06-21-2016, 11:48 PM

The Bulls were 1 shot away from the ECFs without him:lol

I believe Jordan has the same number of titles as Lebron at Lebron's age. I don't like either player as their egos are so over the top. But Lebron is actually more likeable than Jordan. But in terms of basketball, Lebron is absolutely on Jordan's level and his size and speed make him a monster match up. He's maybe not as clutch as Jordan, but he's pretty damn clutch as he put up a classic game in a game 7 on the road against a team that set the regular season record for most wins.

My nigguhs

NameLess Scrub
06-22-2016, 03:48 AM
Hey fellas, I was wondering which are the best games Jordan has played in your opinion. I wanted to watch them and see Jordan at its greatest, since I'm mostly a modern-day fan who hasn't really watched earlier basketball.

This could help you:

https://www.engadget.com/2010/07/22/nba-2k11s-full-list-of-jordan-challenges/

NameLess Scrub
06-22-2016, 03:58 AM
It's close. Lebron is on pace (actually outpacing Jordan) in terms of awards, but not raw stats (although he played in a faster-paced era). Jordan had way stronger conference competition, whereas Lebron had way stronger Finals competition. After 31, Jordan would only make the playoffs 3 more times (all titles). That will be difficult for Lebron to match, but possible.

At 31 years old:

Michael Jordan:
3x champion
3x FMVP
3 Finals
3 MVPS
RS: 32/6/6/3/1 on 51%
PO: 34/7/7/2/1 on 50%

Lebron James:
3x Champion
3x FMVP
7 Finals
4 MVPs
RS: 27/7/7/2/1 on 50%
PO: 28/9/7/2/1 on 48%

I think it's worth mentioning about Jordan.

7x scoring champ (ended up with 10)
2x dpoy
0 superstar team ups :p:

jimbo
06-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Social media woulda roasted the fuck outta Jordan if it existed back then

skulls138
06-22-2016, 08:21 PM

How do you rank the following: Magic, Bird, Timmy, Kobe, Russell, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, LBJ? And who have I forgotten that should be in there?Russell DOUBLED Jordans championships while playing against Wilt. Why isnt he the GOAT? Jordan kept losing til Phil Jackson got there, same with Shaq and Kobe, hmmm. My Mount Rushmore is Russell, Duncan, Bird and Jordan. Jordan shares GOAT with the other three.

Obstructed_View
06-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Russell DOUBLED Jordans championships while playing against Wilt. Why isnt he the GOAT? Jordan kept losing til Phil Jackson got there, same with Shaq and Kobe, hmmm. My Mount Rushmore is Russell, Duncan, Bird and Jordan. Jordan shares GOAT with the other three.

Maybe because Russell had between five and seven hall of famers on his team at any given time?

Clipper Nation
06-23-2016, 01:48 AM
Maybe because Russell had between five and seven hall of famers on his team at any given time?
Dad Killer had stacked teams too. When he got caught betting on basketball, the Bulls replaced him with Pete Myers from the CBA and still won 55 games (only two less games than the year before).

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 11:10 AM
Dad Killer had stacked teams too.
Good point. Other than the extra five hall-of-fame players that Russell had, it's exactly the same. How could I have been so blind? The situations are just super super identical if you squint your eyes a bit.

[QUOTE=Clipper Nation;8635053]When he got caught betting on basketball,
Wow, breaking news. Why'd you bury the lead?

the Bulls replaced him with Pete Myers from the CBA and still won 55 games (only two less games than the year before).
If you don't count the nine fewer games they won in the playoffs, of course.