PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Golden State will sign Dwight Howard

JohnnyMax
06-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Your heard it here first.

zrinkill
06-20-2016, 06:22 PM
So ....... he does not care about basketball.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 07:17 PM
I mentioned this yesterday, it would be interesting..

Would the Warriors take a risk on a team cancer, and would Howard accept being benched for stretches? The latter is unlikely, tbh..

spursistan
06-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Do it Jacob :lol

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 07:31 PM
I mentioned this yesterday, it would be interesting..

Would the Warriors take a risk on a team cancer, and would Howard accept being benched for stretches? The latter is unlikely, tbh..

Im starting to think Howard will opt in unfortunately.

RsxPiimp
06-20-2016, 07:32 PM

:lmao

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 07:44 PM
:lmao

He has to realize now no one will pay him what he wants.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 07:46 PM

I guess we'll see what he truly values..all the players on Houston's roster seem to hate each other, it would be a disaster to extend the run:lol

djohn2oo8
06-20-2016, 08:17 PM
I guess we'll see what he truly values..all the players on Houston's roster seem to hate each other, it would be a disaster to extend the run:lol
Half true....They all hate Howard.

SupremeGuy
06-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Im starting to think Howard will opt in unfortunately.:lol

ambchang
06-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Not sure how Howard with his limited passing skills can fit into the GSW offense. Their defense will improve though.

DMC
06-21-2016, 09:51 AM
Howard in GS would be a beast. Remember how effective he was in Orlando when he had good outside shooting to open up the middle. Houston is broken, he's part of the reason why, but in the right role he'd be effective. You'd just have to mitigate his immaturity in meaningful games through creative substitutions. Also, he's a huge hack target.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Not sure how Howard with his limited passing skills can fit into the GSW offense. Their defense will improve though.

If I were State would rather him using all of Verejao's/Speights and Fezeli's minutes ... and I HATE Dwight.
He also played in a 3 point heavy offense under SVG when they made their Finals run in 2009.
Not an ideal fit but I think he could make it work.

Sure, he would not want to sit for long stretches ...but if/when Harrison leaves the lineup of death :lol will be over anyways.

Chillen
06-21-2016, 09:54 AM
I hope they sign him, that means if he is in the game you can intentionally foul him and disrupt how the Warriors offense flows which is the reason they had such a great season up until they met the Cavs in the Finals.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 09:55 AM
Plus if they go hackadwight you also put Steph and Klay in the penalty and they dont normally miss FT's ...

DMC
06-21-2016, 09:55 AM
God I hope they sign him, that means if he is in the game you can intentionally foul him and disrupt how the Warriors offense flows.
If you're in the penalty. Intentionally fouling against GS never slowed them down. It slows the fouling team down though.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 09:57 AM
I do think a loss opens up a durant to state possibility instead of Dwight.
You let Barnes walk and free up some additional cap space.
Durant still gets to play hero because he would be the difference maker when they face the Cavs for a third straight year ...

Chillen
06-21-2016, 09:59 AM
If you're in the penalty. Intentionally fouling against GS never slowed them down. It slows the fouling team down though.

Yeah I know, but say he is in the game in the 4th and it's close, before 2min mark he would get fouled and slow them down. Obviously getting into the penalty against the Warriors is a nightmare with the way Thompson and Curry hit FT's.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2016, 10:06 AM
paying this guy max, when the cheaper option is keep bogut or someone else...

ambchang
06-21-2016, 10:44 AM
If I were State would rather him using all of Verejao's/Speights and Fezeli's minutes ... and I HATE Dwight.
He also played in a 3 point heavy offense under SVG when they made their Finals run in 2009.
Not an ideal fit but I think he could make it work.

Sure, he would not want to sit for long stretches ...but if/when Harrison leaves the lineup of death :lol will be over anyways.

He was the Magic offense in 09, he will be option #4 in GSW, and he's going to much up their spacing.

Indazone
06-21-2016, 10:57 AM

He really has no choice. Nobody is going to pay that ridiculous salary of his and he has nowhere else to go.

Indazone
06-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Howard in GS would be a beast. Remember how effective he was in Orlando when he had good outside shooting to open up the middle. Houston is broken, he's part of the reason why, but in the right role he'd be effective. You'd just have to mitigate his immaturity in meaningful games through creative substitutions. Also, he's a huge hack target.

Howard is on record saying he wants to play post up basketball. Now how he gonna do that on the Warriors? :lol

DMC
06-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Howard is on record saying he wants to play post up basketball. Now how he gonna do that on the Warriors? :lol

Post up ball can be inside out as well. If Howard pulls a couple defenders, Steph and Klay go off. What they are doing now in GS will be figured out and there will be an anecdote. They have to keep improving and having other options. Not next season however. They are good to stand pat, even Harrison Barnes. He just had a rough stretch.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 11:08 AM
He really has no choice. Nobody is going to pay that ridiculous salary of his and he has nowhere else to go.

I think you guys underestimate the owners.
Cubes will definitely pay him if Dirk doesnt fight it ...

DMC
06-21-2016, 11:08 AM
Yeah I know, but say he is in the game in the 4th and it's close, before 2min mark he would get fouled and slow them down. Obviously getting into the penalty against the Warriors is a nightmare with the way Thompson and Curry hit FT's.

The game itself slows. Then on the ensuing inbounds play Steph or Klay get a wide open 3 because the opposing team is lumbering back up court. I've seen it countless times. You have to run those fuckers to death, not give them on-court breaks. Hacking would not work against them. The fouling team is distracted by the tactic and people are looking to foul Howard instead of playing ball. I don't think I've seen it actually change the outcome of a game, not for certain.

baseline bum
06-21-2016, 11:10 AM
I do think a loss opens up a durant to state possibility instead of Dwight.
You let Barnes walk and free up some additional cap space.
Durant still gets to play hero because he would be the difference maker when they face the Cavs for a third straight year ...

Golden State is going to have to get rid of everyone to land Durant. Let's assume Curry / Klay / Green are untouchable, obviously Golden State isn't going to salary dump any of them. To open up cap space you have to let Barnes walk, you have to let Ezeli walk, you have to let Speights walk, you have to let Barbosa walk, you have to let Rush walk. Big deal right? Barnes is going to get massively overpaid and the other four are borderline scrubs. You also have to salary dump one of Iguodala and Bogut. There goes either your go-to card for defending LeBron, Durant, and Leonard. Or there goes an elite rim protector, the guy who sets monster screens to open Curry up for those 27 footers that he can bury in his sleep. Well, we're talking Durant and Bogut is an expiring deal, so goodbye Bogut. But it's still not enough. Now you have to decline Livingston's team option and either sign him for $3 million or so or renounce him. Livingston is a starting quality point guard who is an incredible defender and a bigtime option in the post. I don't think this guy is signing for $3 million, so goodbye best backup point in the league. He got his ring but he never got his payday due to that horrific injury, and he is absolute bare minimum getting a 4 year, $50 million offer next month if Golden State declines his option. Now do you do all that knowing Durant could still just say thanks, but I'm going to stay in OKC?

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Plus Dallas has a Phoenix level training/medical staff.
Hell, they signed Wes Matthews to a near max with a bum ...are y'all sure he wont pay Dwight?!

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 11:39 AM

:lol howard
:lol dantoni
:lol Soften

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Your heard it here first.

I mentioned this yesterday, it would be interesting.

So we heard it here first, just not today.

06-21-2016, 05:31 PM

djohn2oo8
06-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Dwight will ruin their chemistry. Please sign him GS.

K...
06-21-2016, 05:53 PM
They are changing the hack rule, they've all but said it's certain. Dwight will be a better player then.

RsxPiimp
06-21-2016, 06:12 PM
"Draymond Green exploded on his teammates during a “profanity-laced” halftime tirade according to ESPN sideline reporter Lisa Salters "

"But the reality is that when you have a perception of what it is to win a championship - and most perceptions of what it's like to win are a very outgoing, very gregarious locker room where you pick each other up and you're friends all the time. That's the perception. And I think that's what his perception was of what the idea is. But when he saw the reality of it, it made him uncomfortable. And it's very tough to be able to fight through that, to deal with that challenge. And I don't think he was willing to deal with that uncomfortable and combative nature"

Dwight in golden state would be a terrible mistake, green would kick his nuts if complains about touches:lol

Fabbs
06-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Golden needs a center.
Dwight wants max cash for leftover after paying his multiple baby mamas.

Done.

Chris
06-21-2016, 06:49 PM
He's available. DO IT JOE :lol

LkrFan
06-21-2016, 08:15 PM

That's not what your hummingbird ass was saying when he left LA. What changed son? :lol

djohn2oo8
06-21-2016, 08:19 PM
That's not what your hummingbird ass was saying when he left LA. What changed son? :lol

His decline. Thats what changed

da_suns_fan
06-21-2016, 08:21 PM
No one is considering the financial aspect of it.

The cap just went up a LOT. Why not cash in now when its pretty much guaranteed SOMEONE will offer him a huge deal.

Players care a lot more about money than fans want to believe.

LkrFan
06-21-2016, 08:44 PM
His decline. Thats what changed

I don't think he declined that much. Bin Harden neutered him by pounding the rock for 15-20 seconds everytime down. He never sees the ball.

He opted out. Without him y'all prolly going lotto :lol

ambchang
06-22-2016, 10:14 AM
No one is considering the financial aspect of it.

The cap just went up a LOT. Why not cash in now when its pretty much guaranteed SOMEONE will offer him a huge deal.

Players care a lot more about money than fans want to believe.

Do they care about ratings?

da_suns_fan
06-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Do they care about ratings?

Dont get mad at me.

Its not my fault no one wanted to watch the Spurs.

ambchang
06-22-2016, 11:09 AM
Dont get mad at me.

Its not my fault no one wanted to watch the Spurs.

You saw mad in there? Just wondering if they care about ratings, that's all.

da_suns_fan
06-22-2016, 11:34 AM
You saw mad in there? Just wondering if they care about ratings, that's all.

Not my fault bro.

Not my fault.

ambchang
06-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Not my fault bro.

Not my fault.

Not your fault on what? Why are you avoiding the question though? I am not entirely sure why is it so difficult for you to answer whether the players care about the ratings.

da_suns_fan
06-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Not your fault on what? Why are you avoiding the question though? I am not entirely sure why is it so difficult for you to answer whether the players care about the ratings.

Hey..you know its not your fault either, right?

Say it.

Nobody watched, but its not your fault.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1dJatRrSGJAju/giphy.gif

ambchang
06-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Hey..you know its not your fault either, right?

Say it.

Nobody watched, but its not your fault.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1dJatRrSGJAju/giphy.gif

I am not sure what is at fault here. is there something that someone has to take the fall for?

Somebody finished second in something and threw a parade or something?

Raven
06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
"Draymond Green exploded on his teammates during a “profanity-laced” halftime tirade according to ESPN sideline reporter Lisa Salters "

"But the reality is that when you have a perception of what it is to win a championship - and most perceptions of what it's like to win are a very outgoing, very gregarious locker room where you pick each other up and you're friends all the time. That's the perception. And I think that's what his perception was of what the idea is. But when he saw the reality of it, it made him uncomfortable. And it's very tough to be able to fight through that, to deal with that challenge. And I don't think he was willing to deal with that uncomfortable and combative nature"

Dwight in golden state would be a terrible mistake, green would kick his nuts if complains about touches:lol
from a character standpoint, they are pretty much the same person.

06-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I am not sure what is at fault here. is there something that someone has to take the fall for?

:rollin

da_suns_fan
06-22-2016, 05:00 PM

The ratings you keep speaking of.

I want you to know:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Dvw2lJqlTuJmo/giphy.gif

ambchang
06-22-2016, 08:39 PM
The ratings you keep speaking of.

I want you to know:

https://media.giphy.com/media/Dvw2lJqlTuJmo/giphy.gif

Low ratings mean someone is at fault?

da_suns_fan
06-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Low ratings mean someone is at fault?

Yeah, the boring team. :lol

ambchang
06-23-2016, 07:38 AM
Yeah, the boring team. :lol

So were the boring teams penalized?

poeticism707
06-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Do it Jacob :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2016, 03:34 AM
remember the begging of la, he said he want to spread his brand...what fkn brand is he selling?

TheCerebral1
06-24-2016, 06:57 AM
Dwight Howard one of the biggest clowns in the NBA. The Warriors can have him.