PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron to Pat Riley: F You lol

siraulo23
06-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Now, having won a championship with the Cavs, LeBron finally opened up on his secret motivation to ESPN’s Dave McMenamin and Brian Windhorst (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/16362353/nba-finals-2016-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-bask-nba-title-glory) after Game 7. James revealed that the motivation stemmed from some unsupportive words from people within the Miami Heat organisation.

“When I decided to leave Miami — I’m not going to name any names, I can’t do that — but there were some people that I trusted and built relationships with in those four years [who] told me I was making the biggest mistake of my career.”

“And that s— hurt me. And I know it was an emotional time that they told me that because I was leaving. They just told me it was the biggest mistake I was making in my career. And that right there was my motivation.”

McMenamin and Windhorst note that James appears to be referring to Heat president Pat Riley, who made a reference about “smiling faces with hidden agendas” when James left the team.

LeBron added, “I knew what I was doing. I knew what I was doing and I mean, tonight is a product of it.”

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/lebron-james-motivation-to-win-championship-in-cleveland-2016-6?r=US&IR=T

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Lebron hinted to the entire Heat organization(outside of Wade) that he was going to stay, to be fair:lol..Riley has a legitimate reason to hate him..

resistanze
06-20-2016, 07:49 PM
LeBron was Riley's meal ticket though, a guaranteed trip to the finals...I'd never tell my employer my intentions to leave until the ink had dried, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2016, 07:50 PM
^^Of course, Riley's ego is just as big as Lebron's, he never thought there would be a chance that a player would fuck with him like that:lol

siraulo23
06-20-2016, 07:54 PM
what if the dubs finished off the cavs in 5, poor lebron would have to hold onto his "secret motivation" and probably leave cleveland and become an nba villain again :lol

Mikeanaro
06-20-2016, 07:56 PM
This championship has much more value than the crappy CHeat ones.

DMC
06-20-2016, 10:36 PM
^^Of course, Riley's ego is just as big as Lebron's, he never thought there would be a chance that a player would fuck with him like that:lol
Guys who stay in it too long almost always end up being ushered out in shame. Look at Tim, Kobe, etc...

It's like Bill Russell's old decrepit ass wandering around on the stage last night like someone's autistic kid. Someone had to usher him out by the arm, he had no idea where the fuck he was.

Sometimes you need to go away and be at peace with what you've done before you fuck it up. Stop painting when it's finished. Don't be Bob Ross who paints a pretty mountain then slaps a fucking tree right in front of it because now you don't even remember the mountain or the lake, just the fucking brown tree. half the size of the canvas, just sitting there. That's how old hangers on treat their legacies... they slap that big fucking brown tree right in the front of it in the shape of senility and "won't let go".

SuperCam
06-20-2016, 10:41 PM
LeKing becoming the first player-coach-GM in league history to win a title :wow

Riles thinking he could continue to play the role of massah' after all the King had done for him, white arrogance at its peak tbh

Spurtacular
06-21-2016, 06:26 AM
Riley was doing what he was supposed to do; sell that the Heat was his best option. This is why I basically can't stand Lebron at the end of the day. He has a very low emotional maturity level.

Spurtacular
06-21-2016, 06:29 AM
what if the dubs finished off the cavs in 5, poor lebron would have to hold onto his "secret motivation" and probably leave cleveland and become an nba villain again :lol

Got the feeling that the wheels could've fell off the bus at any time. Now, he'll probably come back to Cleveland for at least one more season. And coming from the East, he'll have a great shot at making a seventh finals in a row. Once there, anything can happen; like we just saw.

Spurtacular
06-21-2016, 06:31 AM
LeKing becoming the first player-coach-GM in league history to win a title :wow

Riles thinking he could continue to play the role of massah' after all the King had done for him, white arrogance at its peak tbh

:lol

You really think Riley is a racist? Maybe, his ego was too big to give up power to LBJ. But I don't think he's a racist. I've never once got that vibe from him.