PDA

View Full Version : JT the Brick is on the SA Saints bandwagon

goliath
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8886860/

San Antonio looks like an NFL town
Saints have definite home-field advantage in Alamodome

JT the Brick

The New Orleans Saints' "home" opener was all about the atmosphere, and San Antonio pulled it off. I wanted to see if San Antonio could prove that it could handle an NFL football team. I would rate this game-day experience as a 9 out of 10.

There is no doubt that the people of San Antonio know football, and their fans made sure that New Orleans had a home-field advantage at the Alamodome.
Story continues below « advertisement

The crowd was very loud when the Saints were on defense, which clearly confused Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback JP Losman. He is in way over his head at this level. Losman should be benched and not see any action unless backup quarterback Kelly Holcomb gets hurt.

The action on the field was less than stellar as the Saints won 19-7. The game paled in comparison to the energy that we felt in the dome throughout the game. The people working behind the scenes at the Alamodome were very impressive. Itfs obvious they want to work for an NFL team in the future but understand they are in a very delicate situation because this is not their home team.

As I sat in the press box, it felt like I was sitting in a luxury box on the 50-yard line. The Alamodome was built for football, and this building proved it would be a worthy home for a team that needs a new family.

I noticed several Cowboys jerseys sprinkled throughout the crowd, so it will be interesting to see how many fans flock to the Alamodome and watch the Saints when the Cowboys are also playing.

If the city of New Orleans and the NFL canft come to a long term agreement to keep the Saints in the Crescent City, San Antonio is the obvious first choice for the next home of the Saints.

goliath
10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Oops, sorry. Meant it to be in the NFL forum.