PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Kyrie Irving......... Best PG in the NBA now?

lebomb
06-21-2016, 06:48 AM
Noone is even talking about this guy. I mean, he arguably could have been the best overall player in the finals. Yeah, Lebron deserved it, but damn Kyrie stuck it to Curry and the Warriors. Dude was nails.

Yall gotta give it up for Kyrie. If I started a franchise, I would have Kyrie as my point because I KNOW he can get it done in the finals and crunch time. Lillard would be my #2 pick and Chris Paul #3 due to his age. :toast

mudyez
06-21-2016, 06:58 AM
:corn:

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2016, 07:06 AM
op with the click bait thread

kyrie b4 lebron arrived has achieved jackshit in a leastern conference, if he was that damn good at leasts get a no.8 playoff spot for godsakes...

baseline bum
06-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Kyrie is definitely not getting enough love in the media for this title. LeBron had unbelievable stats but Irving hit the coldest shot I have seen since... shit, I can't even think of another shot like his. A shot with the game tied that was defended well that completely buried the other team. To stick that shot right in Curry's face and to take it from tie game to game over.

mudyez
06-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Kyrie is definitely not getting enough love in the media for this title. LeBron had unbelievable stats but Irving hit the coldest shot I have seen since... shit, I can't even think of another shot like his. A shot with the game tied that was defended well that completely buried the other team. To stick that shot right in Curry's face and to take it from tie game to game over.

True, but a part of me died for a second when I read "Love".

Spurtacular
06-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Noone is even talking about this guy. I mean, he arguably could have been the best overall player in the finals. Yeah, Lebron deserved it, but damn Kyrie stuck it to Curry and the Warriors. Dude was nails.

Yall gotta give it up for Kyrie. If I started a franchise, I would have Kyrie as my point because I KNOW he can get it done in the finals and crunch time. Lillard would be my #2 pick and Chris Paul #3 due to his age. :toast

So, if you were starting a team, you'd take Irving over Curry or Westbrook?

06-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Stick to fawtboxes, tbh

Keepin' it real
06-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Kyrie ... best pg now?

Kyrie, you ever think of running for class president??!

http://i.imgur.com/wZrTo.jpg

lebomb
06-21-2016, 08:13 AM
So, if you were starting a team, you'd take Irving over Curry or Westbrook?

Yes.......... Kyrie can pass, has handles, can finish at the rim, hit the 3, and most of all doesnt choke. He is a complete PG.

:claw

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 08:14 AM

I agree.
Outside of the iconic moment of MJ over russell not very many series deciding one on one plays that I can recall in a finals.
Paxson and Kerr hit jumpers off a Mj feed.
Even Horry over Waalace was a spot up jumper off a Manu play (IIRC)

So we have Magic's baby skyhook ...
the Mj shove ...
and now Kyrie's dagger

Kyrie's may have been the coldest.

Keepin' it real
06-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd both said Kyrie deserved MVP consideration.

Also, ill-advised shot by Kyrie. Game was tied, they only needed a 2, instead of a low-percentage 3.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 08:22 AM
What about the off balance kiss the glass bank shots at the rim...........one with his left hand. What about the rebound and put back prior to the 3 buried in Currys pie hole? Kyrie put on a clinic.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 08:30 AM

Also, ill-advised shot by Kyrie. Game was tied, they only needed a 2, instead of a low-percentage 3.

It was but he was in a rhythm. Same as the Curry deep 3's not really well advised shots but when the player is rollin' you have to live with it ...

Spurtacular
06-21-2016, 08:33 AM

All ISO plays are low percentage. It's better he made sure he got the separation than to dribble into the trees.

InRareForm
06-21-2016, 08:54 AM
Has to be the biggest reversal from people writing him off as a ball stopper who couldn't do anything on the big stage to suddenly an nba Champion who schooled curry and was borderline a finals mvp

baseline bum
06-21-2016, 10:21 AM
I agree.
Outside of the iconic moment of MJ over russell not very many series deciding one on one plays that I can recall in a finals.
Paxson and Kerr hit jumpers off a Mj feed.
Even Horry over Waalace was a spot up jumper off a Manu play (IIRC)

So we have Magic's baby skyhook ...
the Mj shove ...
and now Kyrie's dagger

Kyrie's may have been the coldest.

Yeah, Kyrie's is definitely the coldest. Magic's hook shot only put his team up 1, Bird hits that great look he got from the baseline and the series is 2-2. Jordan's shot put them up 2, but Stockton got a great look at a three to win it. But Irving's shot, your best case scenario is tying the game back and the whole building went into panic mode when he dropped that.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Yeah, Kyrie's is definitely the coldest. Magic's hook shot only put his team up 1, Bird hits that great look he got from the baseline and the series is 2-2. Jordan's shot put them up 2, but Stockton got a great look at a three to win it. But Irving's shot, your best case scenario is tying the game back and the whole building went into panic mode when he dropped that.

great points and Magic's was early in the series.
But Kyrie's was not as late in the game as Magic's or Jordan's (IIRC) plus you have to factor that when Magic hit his they were down, not tied.
Trailing by 1 to go up one is more pressure packed imho
Jordan and Kyrie's were true deciding moments

Irving's was the MOST clutch shot in the Finals I ever saw because of the timing and circumstance ...but a tied game is less clutch.
Kyrie did not need a push off on his or even need a running start like Magic.
He just beat his man 1 on 1 and stuck the j in his eye.

And state had a chance to tie the game as well btw ... Curry bricked.

baseline bum
06-21-2016, 10:48 AM

That's Irving's game though. He might be the best ballhandler I have ever seen, only Curry is close in that regard. And like Curry, these isos off the dribble that are horrible shots for the rest of the league are always strong options for him.

spurraider21
06-21-2016, 10:49 AM
no

D-Wade
06-21-2016, 10:56 AM
Kyrie is definitely the best Fluke player I've ever seen tbh ... No way you see Boozer's ass coming up big on that stage :lol

But for real, he's gotta be top 3 now. Take your pick between Paul, Westbrook and him.

DMC
06-21-2016, 10:56 AM
No. He never saw the playoffs before Lebron came back. He's a good player, but not a great PG.

DMC
06-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Kyrie is definitely the best Fluke player I've ever seen tbh ... No way you see Boozer's ass coming up big on that stage :lol

But for real, he's gotta be top 3 now. Take your pick between Paul, Westbrook and him.

lol no.

Best PG in the league is Steph Curry.

D-Wade
06-21-2016, 10:58 AM
lol no.

Best PG in the league is Steph Curry.

Oh, I forgot about that guy :hat

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Kyrie is an amazing scorer. So much so that he manages to get away with not seeming to understand the game situation. Not sure how that's changed in the last few days.

UZER
06-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Kyrie, you ever think of running for class president??!

http://i.imgur.com/wZrTo.jpg

:lol

Raven
06-21-2016, 11:03 AM
he is a joke at this point.

DMC
06-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Kyrie is an amazing scorer. So much so that he manages to get away with not seeming to understand the game situation. Not sure how that's changed in the last few days.
This. Dude has no idea about clock management, game situational awareness or anything along those lines. He's one of those guys who would shoot you out of a game you already won because he had a driving lane open with the shot clock turned off, up 2.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 11:07 AM
The Real MVP.

The Gemini Method
06-21-2016, 11:17 AM
The best? His defense leaves much to be desired. I'd put him in the conversation. He did ball out more consistently then Curry. Hit the game winning shot, and was a perfect no.2 for LeBron. I hope he makes some more Uncle Drew commercials though...those were pretty funny.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 11:32 AM
This. Dude has no idea about clock management, game situational awareness or anything along those lines. He's one of those guys who would shoot you out of a game you already won because he had a driving lane open with the shot clock turned off, up 2.

He's basically Kobe with the exception that he doesn't seem to intentionally put himself into positions to take low-percentage shots.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 11:38 AM
He's basically Kobe with the exception that he doesn't seem to intentionally put himself into positions to take low-percentage shots.

Ironically he credits Kobe for hitting the game winning shot. What does Jim get credit for? His hip style?

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Ironically he credits Kobe for hitting the game winning shot. What does Jim get credit for? His hip style?

It is ironic, because Kyrie actually made the ill-advised late-game shot.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Kyrie also doesnt make stupid mistakes late, like behind the back passes (Curry), or dribbling out of control and turn it over (Westbrook) when the game is on the line.

My Top 5 PGs:

1) Kyrie
2) Curry
3) Lillard
4) Paul
5) Westbrook.... I had him at 3, but during the semi finals he imploded in crunch time the last 2 games.

lefty
06-21-2016, 11:44 AM
CP3 is the only "true" PG in t:lolday's NBA tbh

the rest are a bunch of chuckers....

Heck LBJ is a PG compared to the other chucking phaggots

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 11:47 AM
5) Westbrook.... I had him at 3, but during the semi finals he imploded in crunch time the last 2 games.
He'd probably be a runaway number 1 if he could manage not to shit the bed so consistently.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 11:52 AM

WRONG!!!! Kyrie is a damn true point guard, and so is Lillard. Lillard is more of a shoot first though. Kyrie has all the skills, handles, vision, scoring with his drive or he will bust a jumper in your grill.

lefty
06-21-2016, 11:55 AM
WRONG!!!! Kyrie is a damn true point guard, and so is Lillard. Lillard is more of a shoot first though. Kyrie has all the skills, handles, vision, scoring with his drive or he will bust a jumper in your grill.
hey dont get me wrong, dude us deadly when he is on

RD2191
06-21-2016, 11:55 AM
I could never call him a great PG. Like Curry, he's a great scorer. Playmaking and defense leave something to be desired.

06-21-2016, 11:56 AM

this, tbh

there's a reason Klay was the only SG on the all NBA teams

:lol Today's NBA

lebomb
06-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Well, this is all just my opinion anyhow. I just saw all I needed to in this years playoffs to convince me. He has done as good of a job at point than any other guard in the last 10-15yrs, maybe more.

lefty
06-21-2016, 12:00 PM
this, tbh

there's a reason Klay was the only SG on the all NBA teams

:lol Today's NBA
:lol today's NBA

lefty
06-21-2016, 12:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClXpE-PVYAALuVp.jpg

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 12:11 PM
:pop: I like his game. We could develop him in Bangladesh and then bring em' over in a few years.

UZER
06-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Kyrie Iverson

UZER
06-21-2016, 12:15 PM
:pop: I like his game. We could develop him in Bangladesh and then bring em' over in a few years.

:pop: He'll be ready for the playoffs after 3 seasons on the bench. If...he's gotten over himself.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 12:16 PM
It is ironic, because Kyrie actually made the ill-advised late-game shot.

ill advised shot? what else was he supposed to do? Pass to Lebron?

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 12:17 PM
:pop: He'll be ready for the playoffs after 3 seasons on the bench. If...he's gotten over himself.

:pop: He'd be perfect at the 3.

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 12:18 PM

:pop: I like a point guard that knows how to dribble dribble.

06-21-2016, 12:19 PM

Raven
06-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Kyrie also doesnt make stupid mistakes late, like behind the back passes (Curry), or dribbling out of control and turn it over (Westbrook) when the game is on the line.

My Top 5 PGs:

1) Kyrie
2) Curry
3) Lillard
4) Paul
clearly you didn't see the game :lol... irving, none can consider him a top 10 pg in the league at this point, with a straight face, come on.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Of course not. As a Kobe disciple, I'm certain that passing never crossed his mind.

Horse
06-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Haha one of the worst defenders in the league, awful teamate, total cancer. Bailed out cause his luck-chucks were falling. The majority of the time his shit shot selection loses the series for them.

UZER
06-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Kyrie almost went from hero to goat with that boneheaded drive at the end. Luckily he recovered the strip by Iguadala.

daslicer
06-21-2016, 01:00 PM

This the PG position to me is composed of a bunch of guys who are pretty much undersized SG's that are not tall enough to play the SG position.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 01:02 PM
clearly you didn't see the game :lol... irving, none can consider him a top 10 pg in the league at this point, with a straight face, come on.

Clearly you are a clueless. You cant avg 27pts in the finals and not be impressed. He totally outclassed GSW and Curry to.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Haha one of the worst defenders in the league, awful teamate, total cancer. Bailed out cause his luck-chucks were falling. The majority of the time his shit shot selection loses the series for them.

LMAO......... there are many saying he deserved MVP for the finals niggra!!! Kyrie came up clutch time after time against the GSW. :rolleyes

ambchang
06-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Over reacting again. He played well in the series, but people forget the dumb plays he commits every game, driving into multiple defenders and losing a ball, putting up horrible off balanced jumpers when three of his teammates are opened. He is probably one of the best 1-1 player the league ever saw, and has a little bit of an Iverson to him, but he gives you the bad as much as the good.

There has never been questions about his cold-bloodedness, he is not afraid to take shots, just that he often take bad shots.

You all just suddenly forgot about Game 4 like it never happened.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Over reacting again. He played well in the series, but people forget the dumb plays he commits every game, driving into multiple defenders and losing a ball, putting up horrible off balanced jumpers when three of his teammates are opened. He is probably one of the best 1-1 player the league ever saw, and has a little bit of an Iverson to him, but he gives you the bad as much as the good.

There has never been questions about his cold-bloodedness, he is not afraid to take shots, just that he often take bad shots.

I guess you think all players play every single game perfectly. You are calling out a "single" game 4 that he played poorly in? What about games 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 where he kicked ass. Those kiss off the glass to the hole shots were not luck. Shit, he broke plenty of ankles in this series to. Out played the league MVP the entire series. Haters gon hate. :rolleyes

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Of course not. As a Kobe disciple, I'm certain that passing never crossed his mind.

And he rang because of it. Life is good.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 01:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sXS1Wc5.png "I can't believe they're leaving Kyrie wide open!"

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 01:59 PM
LMAO......... there are many saying he deserved MVP for the finals niggra!!!

Yeah, and they're delusional LeBron haters. Rational fans understood that the guy who led both teams in every category and put up several historic Finals performances was the no-brainer FMVP, which is why LeBron won it unanimously.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 02:00 PM

Yep. Good thing, like his hero, he had actual superstars to get his titles for him.

Stabula
06-21-2016, 02:01 PM
You guys are silly. That was a bad shot and he was lucky to see it go in. The reason why the Cavs couldn't score for 3 minutes was because they kept going to faggot hero ball. Dump it into LeBron or Kyrie and take contested 3s with the historic title on the line. Don't praise their stupidity.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Yep. Good thing, like his hero, he had actual superstars to get his titles for him.

Lebron owes Kyrie, the same way he owes Ray Allen tbh..

Sean Cagney
06-21-2016, 02:02 PM
no

lebomb
06-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Yeah, and they're delusional LeBron haters. Rational fans understood that the guy who led both teams in every category and put up several historic Finals performances was the no-brainer FMVP, which is why LeBron won it unanimously.

I said earlier that Lebron deserved it, but Kyrie was worthy of getting the award after him. There is NO WAY Cleveland wins without Irving as Robin.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 02:04 PM
You guys are silly. That was a bad shot and he was lucky to see it go in. The reason why the Cavs couldn't score for 3 minutes was because they kept going to faggot hero ball. Dump it into LeBron or Kyrie and take contested 3s with the historic title on the line. Don't praise their stupidity.

Kyrie can hit the 3 fool. He won the 3pt contest in the Allstar game two years ago. So its not like he doesnt have the range. He may not be Curry at the 3, but he can hit them. Also, how did those 3's go for Curry, Klay and GSW in the last 5 minutes?

When Bron was in Miami and Cleveland drafted Kyrie, who carried that team? Kyrie was a star, but both Lebron and he needed each other to pull this off. Batman needs his Robin niggra!!!! :claw

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 02:06 PM

:lmao No. Kyrie owes LeBron for saving his career. Pre-Bron, he was "leading" a dysfunctional lottery team and being written off as a draft bust. And D-Whistle owes both LeBron and Ray for bailing his ass out in 6.

Stabula
06-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Good teams don't keep banging their heads against the wall when their contested jumpers aren't going in. Both teams were guilty of this, it makes your players go cold. A good team sets screens and runs plays to get the offense going. Kyrie, LeBron, Klay, and Steph all got into a pissing match for 5 minutes and the Cavs were damn lucky to be the beneficiaries.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 02:11 PM

Same way Kobe owes Fisher and Artest. Except that Kobe was actually neither the best player nor the guy hitting the clutch shots on his teams.

Obstructed_View
06-21-2016, 02:12 PM
Kyrie can hit the 3 fool. He won the 3pt contest in the Allstar game two years ago. So its not like he doesnt have the range. He may not be Curry at the 3, but he can hit them. Also, how did those 3's go for Curry, Klay and GSW in the last 5 minutes?

When Bron was in Miami and Cleveland drafted Kyrie, who carried that team? Kyrie was a star, but both Lebron and he needed each other to pull this off. Batman needs his Robin niggra!!!! :claw

When his shot is going in, he's about as close as anyone.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Same way Kobe owes Fisher and Artest. Except that Kobe was actually neither the best player nor the guy hitting the clutch shots on his teams.

Game 7 was the only game he scrubbed it up in. but he grabbed like 16 or 18 rebounds and boards won every game that series vs the celts, dont deny it.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 02:17 PM
:lmao No. Kyrie owes LeBron for saving his career. Pre-Bron, he was "leading" a dysfunctional lottery team and being written off as a draft bust. And D-Whistle owes both LeBron and Ray for bailing his ass out in 6.

Lebron does not take big shots, hes knows for that, against SA when they won, he bricked a 3 so bad it must of knocked the sense out of you. Adn this series, Kyrie, I mean what a big time bucket. The Real MVP. CN you little stat whore you.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 02:24 PM

I like CP3 as much as the next fan, but you are a Paul nutsack licker. What the hell has he done? Get back door swept by GSW last year is about it. So stop hatin on Kyrie niggra.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Lebron does not take big shots, hes knows for that
LeBron has taken as many "big shots" as Kobe - in fewer seasons - and has made a lot more of them:

http://i.imgur.com/E8l96ds.png

Relative to the league-wide average, James generated 4.8 more total points than expected on his go-ahead shots, which translates to about one entire playoff win beyond what an average shooter would have contributed from the same field-goal distances. And those numbers become magnified when you consider that James’s average go-ahead shot came in a playoff game with championship implications (http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=923) 34 percent greater than the typical postseason contest. After we weight by the leverage of his specific game-winning shot attempts, James generated the equivalent of 8.5 more points than expected, or roughly two playoff wins above average, with his clutch end-of-game shooting alone.

(By contrast, Bryant generated 3.2 fewer points than expected and did it in games that were about 64 percent more important than the average playoff game, compounding the damage of his 1-for-10 performance.)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/lebron-may-be-the-most-clutch-playoff-shooter-of-his-generation/

against SA when they won, he bricked a 3 so bad it must of knocked the sense out of you.
Against SA when they won, he made the three that made Ray Allen's shot matter for anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZD1BYFUfE

He also made the game-winner with the championship on the line in Game 7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA

Adn this series, Kyrie, I mean what a big time bucket.
Yet all anyone will remember is The Block. Kyrie's lucky chuck will be forgotten by everyone other than salty LeBron haters.

The Real MVP.
http://i.imgur.com/1PlA3VR.jpg

Unanimous.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Yeah Kyrie lucky chucked his way to a 27ppg finals avg. LMAO.......

ambchang
06-21-2016, 03:33 PM
I guess you think all players play every single game perfectly. You are calling out a "single" game 4 that he played poorly in? What about games 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 where he kicked ass. Those kiss off the glass to the hole shots were not luck. Shit, he broke plenty of ankles in this series to. Out played the league MVP the entire series. Haters gon hate. :rolleyes

Didn't expect perfection, just expect some level of basketball IQ.

Game 4 was a reflection of that, but he also put up these horrible shots at times where you just realized he wasted a possession, and he kept doing it.

Guy shot 7-22 in a game 1 loss and 5-14 in game 2. He didn't even start playing good basketball until Cleveland changed their offense to nothing but Lebron where it help minimized Irving's stupid mistakes.

Kudos to him for chucking less, but let's not kid ourselves, this series was because Lebron took over after seeing Irving chuck the Cavs to a loss in game 4.

Phillip
06-21-2016, 03:36 PM
I mean, he arguably could have been the best overall player in the finals.

Are you retarded?

ambchang
06-21-2016, 03:37 PM

And because they took on their beta second banana roles.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 03:39 PM
LeBron has taken as many "big shots" as Kobe - in fewer seasons - and has made a lot more of them:

Relative to the league-wide average, James generated 4.8 more total points than expected on his go-ahead shots, which translates to about one entire playoff win beyond what an average shooter would have contributed from the same field-goal distances. And those numbers become magnified when you consider that James’s average go-ahead shot came in a playoff game with championship implications (http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=923) 34 percent greater than the typical postseason contest. After we weight by the leverage of his specific game-winning shot attempts, James generated the equivalent of 8.5 more points than expected, or roughly two playoff wins above average, with his clutch end-of-game shooting alone.

(By contrast, Bryant generated 3.2 fewer points than expected and did it in games that were about 64 percent more important than the average playoff game, compounding the damage of his 1-for-10 performance.)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/lebron-may-be-the-most-clutch-playoff-shooter-of-his-generation/

Against SA when they won, he made the three that made Ray Allen's shot matter for anything:

Yet all anyone will remember is The Block. Kyrie's lucky chuck will be forgotten by everyone other than salty LeBron haters.

Unanimous.

Idk why you are bring Kobe into this but stats don't say shit in this topic, Kobe takes more shots with the clock winding down than anyone i have ever seen, especially from 2005-2010, no one else shot the ball in the last second. So i don't expect his numbers to be great. Lebrons block was beast, actually all of his blocks were incredible i dont disagree. but 9-24? is that what he shot in a game 7? Time for the Kobe haters to eat the crow. Lebron is the worst shooter outside the paint i think i have ever seen. Im glad he rang at the price of Kyrie, he bailed him out, AGAIN. If Lebron keeps hitting the sauce maybe he has a few more beast attack the basket years.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Are you retarded?

Who else was on his level in the finals?

1. Lebron
2. Draymon Green
3. Klay for one game

..........who else? Noone dumbass.

Phillip
06-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Who else was on his level in the finals?

1. Lebron
2. Draymon Green
3. Klay for one game

..........who else? Noone dumbass.

Arguably the best overall player in the Finals, when there was a guy who had more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than anyone in the entire series, and did it all with superior efficiency?

Kyrie was incredibly important, and the 2nd best player of the finals, no question. But arguably the best overall player? Absolutely not, and there is no argument whatsoever for it.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 03:48 PM
And because they took on their beta second banana roles.

why are you so racist?

Phillip
06-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Idk why you are bring Kobe into this but stats don't say shit in this topic, Kobe takes more shots with the clock winding down than anyone i have ever seen, especially from 2005-2010, no one else shot the ball in the last second. So i don't expect his numbers to be great. Lebrons block was beast, actually all of his blocks were incredible i dont disagree. but 9-24? is that what he shot in a game 7? Time for the Kobe haters to eat the crow. Lebron is the worst shooter outside the paint i think i have ever seen. Im glad he rang at the price of Kyrie, he bailed him out, AGAIN. If Lebron keeps hitting the sauce maybe he has a few more beast attack the basket years.

lol 6-24

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 03:50 PM
:lmao Laughing at 9-24 when it's still a million times better than 6-24
:lmao Bringing up full-game shooting percentages while caping for Kobe and Kyrie (two chuckers)
:lmao Claiming that the only player in NBA history to lead both teams in all categories in the Finals, who also put up a triple double in Game 7 and delivered the championship-saving block, was "bailed out" by anyone

Your takes are atrocious, tbh.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Arguably the best overall player in the Finals, when there was a guy who had more points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than anyone in the entire series, and did it all with superior efficiency?

Kyrie was incredibly important, and the 2nd best player of the finals, no question. But arguably the best overall player? Absolutely not, and there is no argument whatsoever for it.

I never said he was arguably the best player. I said other people said he was. I personally think he was the 2nd overall best player in the finals. With Draymon and Klay 3rd.

AlexJones
06-21-2016, 03:53 PM
So many dumb people who base their analysis on a couple of games. World is littered with them.

Phillip
06-21-2016, 03:56 PM
I never said he was arguably the best player. I said other people said he was. I personally think he was the 2nd overall best player in the finals. With Draymon and Klay 3rd.

:lmao did you not even read your original post in this thread, which I already quoted once? Allow me to quote it again.

Kill yourself, faggot.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 04:01 PM
LMAO......... there are many saying he deserved MVP for the finals niggra!!! Kyrie came up clutch time after time against the GSW. :rolleyes

How bout I just kill you Phillip.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Im in here arguing with Phillip ......... a gottadayum Mavs fan. How many times have we whooped Maverick ass in a row? 20? 30?

STFU and come back like, never.

Phillip
06-21-2016, 04:05 PM
How bout I just kill you Phillip.

So basically you are a backtracking faggot that doesn't pay attention to what he posts, and admits that he failed miserably here.

Got it :tu

lol utsa

Kawhitstorm
06-21-2016, 04:17 PM

Lillard got flambeed for a record 17 pt in OT by a less than 100% Wardell who has a career average of 32 PPG against Lillard.:lol

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 04:21 PM
:lmao Laughing at 9-24 when it's still a million times better than 6-24
:lmao Bringing up full-game shooting percentages while caping for Kobe and Kyrie (two chuckers)
:lmao Claiming that the only player in NBA history to lead both teams in all categories in the Finals, who also put up a triple double in Game 7 and delivered the championship-saving block, was "bailed out" by anyone

Your takes are atrocious, tbh.

3 shots is a million times better? your math is exceptional. Youll suck lebrons dick for getting a block at the end of the game, or rebounds or what ever stat you love. ill say it again kobe grabbed 16 rebounds in the game 7 , rebounding won every game that series. So your argument just took a fat shit on you. Your obsession with Kobe makes me happy.

Bailed out by Ray
Bailed out by Kyrie

9-24 - The Kang

JoeTait75
06-21-2016, 04:21 PM

You're not all the way wrong by any means, but at the same time Kyrie is still a young player and spent his first three seasons with one of the worst teams in the league in an environment that wasn't conducive to developing winning habits. He's a scorer and he's got the scorer's mentality, which can be a blessing and a curse. I'll be the first to admit that he has shot the Cavaliers out of some games over the last few years. And he's been a terrible defensive player for most of his career.

That having been said, he has unreal scoring ability- he can put the ball in the bucket in any way you can think of, long range, mid-range, in the post- he has the best handle I've ever seen and he has balls of steel in the clutch. In the last few minutes of Game 7 I was begging LeBron to get Kyrie the rock. As great as LeBron is, when it comes to taking one shot for a victory I want Kyrie taking it every time. And when he actually wants to play defense he can be very effective on that end, as we saw in the Finals.

I'm biased- the guy did hit the shot that gave us our first NBA title, after all- but he has all the tools to be the best PG in the game. He might not be there yet, but there's no reason he can't get there within the next few years.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 04:25 PM
3 shots is a million times better? your math is exceptional. Youll suck lebrons dick for getting a block at the end of the game. ill say it again kobe grabbed 16 rebounds in he game 7 , rebounding won every game that series. So your argument just took a fat shit on you. Your obsession with Kobe makes me happy.

Bailed out by Ray
Bailed out by Kyrie

9-24 - The Kang
Carried Ray
Carried Kyrie
3 alpha rings - The Kang

Bailed out by Stern
Bailed out by Phil
Bailed out by Shaq
Bailed out by Horry
Bailed out by Pau
Bailed out by Artest
Bailed out by Fisher
6-24 - The Brick Mamba

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Asshurt Kobestans: :cry "But, but, Kobe stat-padded his rebounds once!" :cry

Reality: LeBron led both teams in every category in this Finals, put up two historic performances in Games 5 and 6, then followed it up with a triple double and a victory in a road Game 7 against a 73-win team.

Asshurt Kobestans: :cry "But, Kyrie chucked as usual and it went in sometimes in Game 7! That means he's the real MVP!" :cry

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Carried Ray
Carried Kyrie
3 alpha rings - The Kang

Bailed out by Stern
Bailed out by Phil
Bailed out by Shaq
Bailed out by Horry
Bailed out by Pau
Bailed out by Artest
Bailed out by Fisher
6-24 - The Brick Mamba

Brick Mamba 5
Clippers/Cavs 1

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:36 PM

Reality: LeBron led both teams in every category in this Finals, put up two historic performances in Games 5 and 6, then followed it up with a triple double and a victory in a road Game 7 against a 73-win team.

Asshurt Kobestans: :cry "But, Kyrie chucked as usual and it went in sometimes in Game 7! That means he's the real MVP!" :cry

Kyrie was not the MVP but he hit the biggest shot of the finals (heck of any finals in the last 20 years) was huge in Game 5 to avoid elimination ...
I do think Some are taking Lebron's greatness for granted.
The only connection to Kobe I see is Lebron played the dominant Shaq role of 2000 and Kyrie played the supporting clutch Kobe role ...man said it himself ...:lol

That was Lebron's title period. He was the MVP and it was not close.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 04:38 PM

NaCl is high with this post. Salty faggot you brought kobe in the argument, when it had nothing to do with him. Your the stan tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2016, 04:47 PM
NaCl is high with this post. Salty faggot you brought kobe in the argument, when it had nothing to do with him. Your the stan tbh.
:lol Yeah, I'm sure there's no special reason for Laker fans to try to paint Kyrie as the "true Finals MVP" who "carried" LeBron. It has nothing to do with any former Lakers players with overrated legacies that they're trying to protect by downplaying LeBron's accomplishments.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:50 PM
:lol Yeah, I'm sure there's no special reason for Laker fans to try to paint Kyrie as the "true Finals MVP" who "carried" LeBron. It has nothing to do with any former Lakers players with overrated legacies that they're trying to protect by downplaying LeBron's accomplishments.

Which Laker fans are doing that?
Did I miss that part of this thread?
I did join late ...

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:52 PM
My bad, that was just whitemamba messin' with your head ...CN.
Using your same crap against you ...

Kawhitstorm
06-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Kyrie was not the MVP but he hit the biggest shot of the finals (heck of any finals in the last 20 years)

Ray Allen's 3 is the biggest shots in the HISTORY of the Finals since the Heat were on the verge of losing the series, Kyrie hit a tie breaker in a game where the Duds didn't score a basket in the finals 4 minutes.:lol (Even Horry's 3 against the Pistons might be a bigger shot)

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 06:29 PM

god damn your retarded

My bad, that was just whitemamba messin' with your head ...CN.
Using your same crap against you ...

Hes blinded by his own stupidity.

TheCultOfPersonality
06-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Top 5 point guard in the NBA, the best point guard in the Eastern Conference, possibly the main reason LeBron came back to Cleveland.

We saw how important Kyrie Irving was to this team last season when Dellavedova started in his place. Outside of Game 2 Dellavedova was squashed in that series by Curry. There was no way Curry was going to outscore Irving by 20 ppg and hold Irving to 28% shooting like he did Dellavedova in Games 3-6.

RsxPiimp
06-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I think cp3 is still better, its just amazing what a championship could do lol even guys like jr smith are suddenly adored but kyrie has definitely raised his stock. thing is he has always been an offensive juggernaut so it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

DMC
06-21-2016, 10:04 PM

For 5 rings and 8 all time while Kobe is 12th and there are probably Chinese players ranked higher than Irving currently.

whitemamba
06-21-2016, 10:58 PM
For 5 rings and 8 all time while Kobe is 12th and there are probably Chinese players ranked higher than Irving currently.

Here we go again

lebomb
06-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Top 5 point guard in the NBA, the best point guard in the Eastern Conference, possibly the main reason LeBron came back to Cleveland.

We saw how important Kyrie Irving was to this team last season when Dellavedova started in his place. Outside of Game 2 Dellavedova was squashed in that series by Curry. There was no way Curry was going to outscore Irving by 20 ppg and hold Irving to 28% shooting like he did Dellavedova in Games 3-6.

Thanks man.........you get it. :hat

I asked if Kyrie was the best PG in the league now. I didnt say he was. I didnt say he should have gotten the MVP. He had an outstanding series, and if Lebron didnt get the MVP, Kyrie should have.

ambchang
06-22-2016, 08:02 AM
why are you so racist?

That comment was specifically about Kyrie and Kobe. I never thought I'd have to explain that but then I'm talking to you.

ambchang
06-22-2016, 08:05 AM
You're not all the way wrong by any means, but at the same time Kyrie is still a young player and spent his first three seasons with one of the worst teams in the league in an environment that wasn't conducive to developing winning habits. He's a scorer and he's got the scorer's mentality, which can be a blessing and a curse. I'll be the first to admit that he has shot the Cavaliers out of some games over the last few years. And he's been a terrible defensive player for most of his career.

That having been said, he has unreal scoring ability- he can put the ball in the bucket in any way you can think of, long range, mid-range, in the post- he has the best handle I've ever seen and he has balls of steel in the clutch. In the last few minutes of Game 7 I was begging LeBron to get Kyrie the rock. As great as LeBron is, when it comes to taking one shot for a victory I want Kyrie taking it every time. And when he actually wants to play defense he can be very effective on that end, as we saw in the Finals.

I'm biased- the guy did hit the shot that gave us our first NBA title, after all- but he has all the tools to be the best PG in the game. He might not be there yet, but there's no reason he can't get there within the next few years.

Agreed with almost everything. But I think it's hard to get his mind straight. He's in the ilk of iverson and Steve franchise. More skilled, less cancerous but less physically gifted as well.

Fabbs
06-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Kyries three was huge.
LeBrons back to back "treys" (pump faked to get 3 FTs followed by a regular trey) to bring the Cavs back were huger.

Plus, LeBrons came after two ill advised clunks by Kyrie. The second clunk, he followed his miss very late with an attempt to get the O rebound. All that did was led to a 4 on 5 easy bucket for Warriors.

He has a lot of basketball maturing to do.
In a league of suck ass point guards, he is top 3 no doubt.

whitemamba
06-22-2016, 11:39 AM
That comment was specifically about Kyrie and Kobe. I never thought I'd have to explain that but then I'm talking to you.

bananas, gorillas in your avvy, talking about black people. Racist, maybe you haven't realized it yet.

ambchang
06-22-2016, 12:07 PM
bananas, gorillas in your avvy, talking about black people. Racist, maybe you haven't realized it yet.

That's really a stretch. Bananas tastes great, I think it's the most eaten fruit in the world, or was that mangoes? So I am not sure how banana's can be considered racist when it is so widely consumed in the world.

I find it to be a majestic animal, so I am putting that as my avy. Broke my heart what happened in Cincinnati.

Not sure what you mean by me talking about different races, what did I talk about?

whitemamba
06-22-2016, 12:23 PM
That's really a stretch. Bananas tastes great, I think it's the most eaten fruit in the world, or was that mangoes? So I am not sure how banana's can be considered racist when it is so widely consumed in the world.

I find it to be a majestic animal, so I am putting that as my avy. Broke my heart what happened in Cincinnati.

Not sure what you mean by me talking about different races, what did I talk about?

Def racist. How many trump rallies have you been to this year?

Horse
06-22-2016, 12:43 PM

So then Parker was clearly the best point guard in the league after winning '07 MVP right?

ambchang
06-22-2016, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=whitemamba;8633861]Def racist. How many trump rallies have you been to this year?[/QUOTE

What is Def racist? How does enjoying bananas and admiring the majestic gorilla have anything to do with racism? You have really lost me there.

Also, everyone who joins Trump rallies are racists? I am not sure how life is down in the States and the, from my point of view, polarizing political system.

whitemamba
06-22-2016, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=whitemamba;8633861]Def racist. How many trump rallies have you been to this year?[/QUOTE

What is Def racist? How does enjoying bananas and admiring the majestic gorilla have anything to do with racism? You have really lost me there.

Also, everyone who joins Trump rallies are racists? I am not sure how life is down in the States and the, from my point of view, polarizing political system.

:lmao yes

ambchang
06-22-2016, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=ambchang;8633882]

:lmao yes

Wow, that is pretty bad for your country. I always thought the great U S of A is the greatest of all nations. Hate to see it being brought down from within.

Mark Celibate
06-23-2016, 05:14 AM
Irving is a SG trapped in PG's body imho. Dude would be better off if accompanied by a play-making PG who has size and plays solid D (like Kidd).

lebomb
06-23-2016, 05:48 AM
So then Parker was clearly the best point guard in the league after winning '07 MVP right?

He was arguably in 2007. He was the best PG finisher at the rim and carried the Spurs to the championship in 07. Im not saying he was, but he was in the conversation.

lebomb
06-23-2016, 05:52 AM
Irving is a SG trapped in PG's body imho. Dude would be better off if accompanied by a play-making PG who has size and plays solid D (like Kidd).

A PGs role in todays NBA has changed. Look at Rose, Lillard, Wall, Curry and Kyrie. They aren't the pass first guards like Stockton, Magic and Rondo. They have shooting and scoring ability with great handles. So you cant say Irving should be a SG. He is a PG that happens to shoot well.

JoeTait75
06-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Kyries three was huge.
LeBrons back to back "treys" (pump faked to get 3 FTs followed by a regular trey) to bring the Cavs back were huger.

Plus, LeBrons came after two ill advised clunks by Kyrie. The second clunk, he followed his miss very late with an attempt to get the O rebound. All that did was led to a 4 on 5 easy bucket for Warriors.

He has a lot of basketball maturing to do.
In a league of suck ass point guards, he is top 3 no doubt.

Considering it was his first time in a Finals, I think Kyrie did awfully well even with some of the gaffes. Actually, I'd put more of the responsibility for the Game 4 loss on LeBron. I don't think Kyrie got the ball enough in the fourth quarter of that game. When the game is on the line and the Cavaliers need points fast, as great as LeBron is I want the ball in Kyrie's hands. He has the talent and the attitude to get it done in those situations.

Fabbs
06-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Considering it was his first time in a Finals, I think Kyrie did awfully well even with some of the gaffes. Actually, I'd put more of the responsibility for the Game 4 loss on LeBron. I don't think Kyrie got the ball enough in the fourth quarter of that game. When the game is on the line and the Cavaliers need points fast, as great as LeBron is I want the ball in Kyrie's hands. He has the talent and the attitude to get it done in those situations.
:lol Great. It remains the game is no where even close to "on the line" if LeBron does not make about 6 kick ass plays in last half of the 4th.

You thought LeBrons back to back threes were??

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 12:10 PM

What a difference one shot in game 7 makes. :lol Kyrie took like ten shots in the 4th quarter of that game and missed almost all of them. Many of those shots were his signature "heat-check-when-cold" shots.

lebomb
06-23-2016, 12:13 PM
What a difference one shot in game 7 makes. :lol Kyrie took like ten shots in the 4th quarter of that game and missed almost all of them. Many of those shots were his signature "heat-check-when-cold" shots.

I guess you turned off your TV for game 5 when Kyrie had 41pts and shot over 50pct. I guess you missed the other 24pts he drained on Curry the MVP in game 7, and also the key putback and other 2 kiss the glass incredible shots as well. :rolleyes

Kyrie avg 25.2pts for the entire 2016 playoffs and upped that to 27.1pts per game in the finals against Curry. So GTFO with that bullshit like Kyrie got lucky on that 3. He DOMINATED in the playoffs and it wasnt even close with any other point guard. :claw

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 12:20 PM
I guess you turned off your TV for game 5 when Kyrie had 41pts and shot over 50pct. I guess you missed the other 24pts he drained on Curry the MVP in game 7, and also the key putback and other 2 kiss the glass incredible shots as well. :rolleyes

I'm sure the Cavs fans would be talking about how Kyrie's the best player on the team if that three doesn't go down and they lose.

I've already said that Kyrie is amazing when his shot is falling. Doesn't make him the best player on his team or the best PG in the league. Doesn't mean he didn't stink it up by shooting them out of game 4.

lebomb
06-23-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm sure the Cavs fans would be talking about how Kyrie's the best player on the team if that three doesn't go down and they lose.

I've already said that Kyrie is amazing when his shot is falling. Doesn't make him the best player on his team or the best PG in the league. Doesn't mean he didn't stink it up by shooting them out of game 4.

This thread was a question...........not fact.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 12:43 PM
This thread was a question...........not fact.

Then prepare for someone to potentially answer the question in a way you don't like. Kyrie's got as much talent as anyone in the league. Maybe more. He's fucking amazing. He's got amazing handles, he's got amazing ability to make shots, both inside and outside, and he's got a habit of taking terrible shots without a lot of regard for game situation. As with his career so far, he was up and down in the series, so he's going to have to show some consistency before I rank him equal to his talent.

JoeTait75
06-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Doesn't mean he didn't stink it up by shooting them out of game 4.

LeBron's ball-stopping is what killed them at the end of Game 4, not anything Kyrie did. Kyrie should've gotten it more at the end of that game.

I'm not saying the kid played perfectly and I'm sure as hell not saying he was better than LeBron... but for a 24-year old in his first Finals, to clearly outplay the two-time MVP on both ends, to come up with 41 on 17-of-24 on the road in an elimination Game 5, to nail the Finals-winning shot in the last minute of Game 7... I mean, I'm not sure anyone can ask much more from him. And again, I'm not going to say he's the best PG in the game, but there is no reason he can't be within the next couple of years.

jeebus
06-23-2016, 12:53 PM
He carried LeDecline to a title; that makes him pretty damn good.

whitemamba
06-23-2016, 12:58 PM
He carried LeDecline to a title; that makes him pretty damn good.

Becareful Jeebus, your fellow spur fan will excommunicate you for statements like this.

Stalin
06-23-2016, 01:02 PM
A PGs role in todays NBA has changed. Look at Rose, Lillard, Wall, Curry and Kyrie. They aren't the pass first guards like Stockton, Magic and Rondo. They have shooting and scoring ability with great handles. So you cant say Irving should be a SG. He is a PG that happens to shoot well.

lebomb
06-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Then prepare for someone to potentially answer the question in a way you don't like. Kyrie's got as much talent as anyone in the league. Maybe more. He's fucking amazing. He's got amazing handles, he's got amazing ability to make shots, both inside and outside, and he's got a habit of taking terrible shots without a lot of regard for game situation. As with his career so far, he was up and down in the series, so he's going to have to show some consistency before I rank him equal to his talent.

If 27pts per game in a 7 game series is inconsistent. I will take it all day long. He torched the league MVP.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:27 PM

Kyrie doesn't need anyone creating shots for him, Cavs just need another person running the offense & they already have one: LeBron.:lol

lebomb
06-23-2016, 01:47 PM
An incredible stat line:

Kyrie averaged 22pts a game in the regular season, 25 pts a game in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, and then 27 pts a game in the final 7 games. That is almost unheard of outside of MJ, Lebron and various superstars that win the Championship. Most others scoring average drops off. Ask Kobe the mamba Bryant how that worked out for him. :claw

06-23-2016, 04:35 PM

:rollin

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 04:38 PM
LeBron's ball-stopping is what killed them at the end of Game 4, not anything Kyrie did. Kyrie should've gotten it more at the end of that game.
Dude shot the ball ten times and made two. How many more chances did he need?

I'm not saying the kid played perfectly and I'm sure as hell not saying he was better than LeBron... but for a 24-year old in his first Finals, to clearly outplay the two-time MVP on both ends, to come up with 41 on 17-of-24 on the road in an elimination Game 5, to nail the Finals-winning shot in the last minute of Game 7... I mean, I'm not sure anyone can ask much more from him. And again, I'm not going to say he's the best PG in the game, but there is no reason he can't be within the next couple of years.
God damn. Lebron averaged 30 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals and over 2 blocks per game in the playoffs. If all Cavs fans are saying stupid shit like the above, don't be surprised when he's gone.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 04:39 PM
An incredible stat line:

Kyrie averaged 22pts a game in the regular season, 25 pts a game in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, and then 27 pts a game in the final 7 games. That is almost unheard of outside of MJ, Lebron and various superstars that win the Championship. Most others scoring average drops off. Ask Kobe the mamba Bryant how that worked out for him. :claw

Well he hit one big shot at the end of a big playoff game. That makes him better than Kobe already.

06-23-2016, 04:40 PM
God damn. Lebron averaged 30 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals and over 2 blocks per game in the playoffs. If all Cavs fans are saying stupid shit like the above, don't be surprised when he's gone.

Pretty sure he was talking about Cucky tbh :lol

JoeTait75
06-23-2016, 05:08 PM

I was talking about Steph, not LeBron.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2016, 05:52 PM
I was talking about Steph, not LeBron.

Shit. :lol I was trying to figure that one out. Clearly I whiffed on that one. Sorry.

Yeah, he outplayed the shit out of Steph. He's amazing. He has all the tools to be better than Curry. He was great for most of the finals. They wouldn't have won without him. I just want him to do it steadily over a period of time before I crown him best at his position.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 06:32 PM
When he's off his game(which is often), he's a cancer, as we have seen throughout his career(Cavs have been better when he's off the floor during his entire career IIRC, including the past 2 seasons)..

They were fortunate that he had a hot playoff stretch, since he's a top 5 scorer in the league when his shot is on..he's comparable to Lillard(Irving is better at driving and finishing, Lillard is a better shooter), but not nearly as good as Curry/Westbrook/Paul..

JoeTait75
06-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Shit. :lol I was trying to figure that one out. Clearly I whiffed on that one. Sorry.

Yeah, he outplayed the shit out of Steph. He's amazing. He has all the tools to be better than Curry. He was great for most of the finals. They wouldn't have won without him. I just want him to do it steadily over a period of time before I crown him best at his position.

It's all good. BTW, you were right about Game 4- I took a look at the play-by-play and Kyrie took a lot more shots in the fourth than I remember.

Main things Kyrie needs to do is play more consistent defense and become at least a little more of a distributor. A lot of defense is just effort, but balancing the scorer's mentality with the need to get other guys involved is always going to be a battle with him. He's such a gifted offensive player, but at the same time he can't freeze out his teammates and dribble the air out of the ball.

jeebus
06-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Becareful Jeebus, your fellow spur fan will excommunicate you for statements like this.

I don't associate myself with those cucks.

whitemamba
06-23-2016, 10:53 PM

I always knew you were a real nigga

Stalin
06-23-2016, 11:36 PM

http://i67.tinypic.com/vyps3o.jpg

LaMarcus Bryant
06-23-2016, 11:48 PM

Parker's shot in 6 right in LeBron's face that put us up.

It was dirty.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 11:54 PM
Parker's shot in 6 right in LeBron's face that put us up.

It was dirty.

That shot tied the game. The shot that put the Spurs up was Parker's turnaround on Chalmers on the next possession.

namlook
06-24-2016, 01:04 AM

Maybe not, but like Kobe winning crossed his mind.

DAF86
06-24-2016, 01:18 AM

Unanimous.

Wait. Edit. I don't get that thing. Are Manu's numbers good or bad? :?:

lefty
06-24-2016, 05:29 PM

Obstructed_View
06-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Maybe not, but like Kobe winning crossed his mind.

And thanks to superior teammates, they both won.

Thread
06-26-2016, 02:53 PM
And thanks to superior teammates, they both won.

Like Artest & Kobe when Kobe passed to him.

Pierce about shit himself. & after he'd swore up & down he'd not return to Los Angeles.

Just shows ta go ya.

Ice009
06-26-2016, 11:17 PM
He was arguably in 2007. He was the best PG finisher at the rim and carried the Spurs to the championship in 07. Im not saying he was, but he was in the conversation.

Are you fucking high? Tim Duncan was far and away the best Spurs player in the 2007 playoffs. Parker exploited a mismatch in the finals. All the tougher series that the Spurs were in before the finals, Tim Duncan was by far the best Spurs player. Pisses me off as TD should really have that MVP too. Parker didn't carry the Spurs to anything. Tim Duncan was gigantic in the series against the Suns. Never would have even made the finals for TP to exploit boobie Gibson (or whatever his name is) if Tim didn't play great to get us there.

Ice009
06-26-2016, 11:28 PM
An incredible stat line:

I'd actually say that if you put a young, prime Kobe on this Cavs team instead of Irving, he would have averaged even more points that Kyrie did. Shit, he may have averaged more than Lebron for the series. Kyrie's competition wasn't really that great up until the finals. I don't take what he did before then as much at all. A young Kobe probably easily averages more points per game than Kyrie if he played those teams the Cavs played in the first 3 rounds.