PDA

View Full Version : Is it strange?

TheWriter
10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
How the local news isn't covering the Spurs, due to the Saints, the way they usually would. I mean tomorrow's media day and the closest I've heard about it is KSAT showing Tony at the game and commenting on how its his last day before training camp.

That's it.

It feels weird.

Kori Ellis
10-03-2005, 12:02 AM
What would they be covering about the Spurs normally on the day before Media Day?

Nothing.

TheWriter
10-03-2005, 12:09 AM
What would they be covering about the Spurs normally on the day before Media Day?

Nothing.

They'd get the info out there, I don't even think they've reported the latest signings.

They'd atleast mention the media is what I'm saying.

I'm not mad about it, I kind of like it, that they're "something else" to focus on locally.

Kori Ellis
10-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I heard them announcing the five signings for training camp on the day it happened.

I'm just saying there's nothing else to talk about until they can interview players, which is tomorrow.

TheWriter
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I heard them announcing the five signings for training camp on the day it happened.

I'm just saying there's nothing else to talk about until they can interview players, which is tomorrow.

They can mention it. That tomorrow is training. That is all I'm saying. They usually do so the day before. Proclaiming their station will have the best coverage, the interviews, etc.

Trainwreck2100
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I thought it was weird seeing that same stock footage of the Alamo for something besides a Spurs game.

Kori Ellis
10-03-2005, 12:17 AM
They can mention it. That tomorrow is training. That is all I'm saying. They usually do so the day before. Proclaiming their station will have the best coverage, the interviews, etc.

On a related note, I'd imagine that the coverage isn't going to be that great tomorrow. The Spurs leave for the V.I. tomorrow and will likely be in a hurry. So I'd bet Media Day is relatively quick.

angel_luv
10-03-2005, 12:31 AM
On a related note, I'd imagine that the coverage isn't going to be that great tomorrow. The Spurs leave for the V.I. tomorrow and will likely be in a hurry. So I'd bet Media Day is relatively quick.

I can't wait until the team is home for good.

Suns Fan
10-03-2005, 12:39 AM
I feel the reason is,

normally the only thing in town going on is Spurs, So the radio and Tv hype it up each season , But since there is an NFL team in town? They don't have to rely on just Spurs to talk sports, so It's not getting the hype it normally gets this time around.

So I see the topc starters point.

MannyIsGod
10-03-2005, 09:37 AM
:lol

Nothing will stop Buddy Holly from spinning the Saints being here. Hey, I bet if we get rain today it is because the Saints are in town. Shit, if I win the lotto on Wednesday, Im' finding Tom Benson and thanking him!