PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: League sources say Durant will be Lacob's top target ...

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 02:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16395589/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-top-target-free-agency

Like I said in the Howard to State thread ...

...the loss makes it easier for Durant to join forces with the splash brothers.

lebomb
06-21-2016, 02:35 PM
KD is staying in OKC. He saw what Cleveland did to unseat GSW as champs. He will get it done in Oklahoma.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 02:42 PM
KD is staying in OKC. He saw what Cleveland did to unseat GSW as champs. He will get it done in Oklahoma.

Was always the most likely outcome ... but I wouldnt doubt the allure of Kerr/Lacob etc.

spursistan
06-21-2016, 02:48 PM
lol jumping to a team he choked shit to :lol..

not happening..

DPG21920
06-21-2016, 02:48 PM
GS is and should be a top consideration for KD if he leaves OKC. I think most understand that KD likely stays, but Klay/Curry/Durant/Draymond would be an unbelievable team and I don't think him losing to GS (or beating SA) impacts his decision much.

These guys are all friends for the most part and I do believe KD wants to win. If he leaves OKC, GS & SA will do what's necessary to clear the space to offer him the max he can get and GS has a legit shot IF KD goes.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 02:51 PM
GS is and should be a top consideration for KD if he leaves OKC. I think most understand that KD likely stays, but Klay/Curry/Durant/Draymond would be an unbelievable team and I don't think him losing to GS (or beating SA) impacts his decision much.

These guys are all friends for the most part and I do believe KD wants to win. If he leaves OKC, GS & SA will do what's necessary to clear the space to offer him the max he can get and GS has a legit shot IF KD goes.

yep, as well they should. Stars matter.

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 02:53 PM

It's a little different though. Lebron just had to go through the East. OKC still has to worry about the Spurs. If he goes to GSW, the chances of him getting to the Finals increase significantly.

Chris
06-21-2016, 02:59 PM
But Golden State's unexpected loss to Cleveland in the Finals -- in which the Warriors became the first team in history to fail to win the championship after seizing a 3-1 series lead -- could enhance the Warriors' chances of convincing Durant to join them.

What a BS article :lol that doesn't make any sense, and the author doesn't back anything up. It's always "league sources" or "sources". What happened to quotes and names?

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 03:00 PM
It's a little different though. Lebron just had to go through the East. OKC still has to worry about the Spurs. If he goes to GSW, the chances of him getting to the Finals increase significantly.

If he follows the James blueprint he super friends it up
James already up 3 rings on him...
If its money or loyalty he stays ...
He can always come back later like the Kang

ducks
Durant thinks curry takes bad shots doubt he goes there

Killakobe81
What a BS article :lol that doesn't make any sense, and the author doesn't back anything up. It's always "league sources" or "sources". What happened to quotes and names?

Marc stein is reporting and although annoying is not a hack.

look_at_g_shred
06-21-2016, 03:01 PM
Was always the most likely outcome ... but I wouldnt doubt the allure of Kerr/Lacob etc.
lol

look_at_g_shred
06-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Durant thinks curry takes bad shots doubt he goes there
Durant doesn't think Curry is a good defender :lol

SpursforSix
06-21-2016, 03:02 PM
If he follows the James blueprint he super friends it up
James already up 3 rings on him...
If its money or loyalty he stays ...
He can always come back later like the Kang

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much is if OKC has the cap space to go after a solid free agent. Seems like if they were to add a significant piece in the off season, they'd be right up there as favorites.

Spurs9
06-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Durrant is the top of everyones list, not a chance he goes there either.

baseline bum
06-21-2016, 03:19 PM
It's going to cost them a lot to make Durant a max offer: at least one of Iguodala and Bogut will have to be salary dumped, and every one of Barnes, Livingston, Speights, Ezeli, Rush, and Barbosa will have to be renounced. There are two ways they could keep Livingston while going after Durant: (1) Livingston signs for $3 million, (2) they salary dump both Iggy and Bogut.

baseline bum
06-21-2016, 03:21 PM
I don't think there is any chance (1) happens, Livingston is a starting quality point who has never had his payday. He's easily a 4 year, $50 million player.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 03:34 PM
I am just relaying Stein's report ...

DPG21920
06-21-2016, 03:53 PM

AlexJones
06-21-2016, 03:56 PM
Yeah, KD is staying.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/d/d7/Joker_here_we_go.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140601135932

The Gemini Method
06-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Depending on who is left on the GSW, that would be one crazy team if you kepth Curry, Thompson, and Durant. Doubt it happens. I mean, there will be a laundry list of teams trying to pick him up. I think he stays and then bolts next year when Westbrook is up. But who knows. I just know Ben Simmons is a 76er so Ingram will be a Laker more than likely.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Depending on who is left on the GSW, that would be one crazy team if you kepth Curry, Thompson, and Durant. Doubt it happens. I mean, there will be a laundry list of teams trying to pick him up. I think he stays and then bolts next year when Westbrook is up. But who knows. I just know Ben Simmons is a 76er so Ingram will be a Laker more than likely.

I am good with Ingram and he is the better fit ...
But I wanted the better overall talent in Simmons.
I doubt either will be anything close to Lebron or Durant but we desperately need the talent infusion.

The Gemini Method
06-21-2016, 04:18 PM
I am good with Ingram and he is the better fit ...
But I wanted the better overall talent in Simmons.
I doubt either will be anything close to Lebron or Durant but we desperately need the talent infusion. LeBron and to a lesser extent Durant are generational players. You're not going to find those very often. What you can do is build with talent and then hope that you hit on one or more superstars. I know our fandom hasn't had to have patience, but we should be patient unless we get some dividends this offseason.

Killakobe81
06-21-2016, 04:27 PM
LeBron and to a lesser extent Durant are generational players. You're not going to find those very often. What you can do is build with talent and then hope that you hit on one or more superstars. I know our fandom hasn't had to have patience, but we should be patient unless we get some dividends this offseason.

But see I am good. Really honestly what I would love to hear from the FO is ... "look guys, (outside of the Jim buss timeline) we are on a 3 year plan to make playoff noise. We have three young pieces but to be competitive in the West we need a star. Until one of those guys develop into some or we sign one in FA, our main focus is player development, re-establishing a winning culture and allowing Luke to develop and run the system we hired him for. We will always try to acquire stars but not at the price of selling off all of our core young talent. The focus is on finding the right stars and trying to develop some on our own. And we will not sign guys like DD just for "name" value. if we sign him it's to improve the quality of the roster or it's a system fit.

But I aint in charge and our common fans are impatient.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2016, 04:45 PM
He'll make them worse. Do it Kirk, be a front runner

ambchang
06-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Great, Lacob breaks up the team to pursue Durant, and then Durants stays put in OKC.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Great, Lacob breaks up the team to pursue Durant, and then Durants stays put in OKC.

Broussard of ESPN is reporting it's a two team race ...

Chris Broussard believes it's a two-team race between Golden State and Oklahoma City for Kevin Durant, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Lakers, wiz, Spur, Rox and dallas fans the pipe dreams are ova ...

Still thinks he stays but if he leaves State makes plenty of sense. Even if they have to gut the depth they can find vets on the cheap.

whitemamba
06-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah, KD is staying.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/d/d7/Joker_here_we_go.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140601135932

i want dirk to get another ring tbh, he needs to leave Dallas and sign with a contender. Mav fans probably would hate that , but he took A pay cut for pubes thinking they were signing big FA , time for him to be selfish.

RsxPiimp
06-22-2016, 01:19 PM

Chris Broussard believes it's a two-team race between Golden State and Oklahoma City for Kevin Durant, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Still thinks he stays but if he leaves State makes plenty of sense. Even if they have to gut the depth they can find vets on the cheap.

So this means KD is staying in OKC :lol

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 01:20 PM
One thing I haven't seen mentioned much is if OKC has the cap space to go after a solid free agent. Seems like if they were to add a significant piece in the off season, they'd be right up there as favorites.

OKC will have about $8.5 million in capspace after signing Durant to a max deal if they rescind their QO to Waiters, which they can do at any time I believe.

Chris
06-22-2016, 01:29 PM

Pretty much, Chris Broussard went full retard a long time ago.

SpursforSix
06-22-2016, 01:35 PM
OKC will have about $8.5 million in capspace after signing Durant to a max deal if they rescind their QO to Waiters, which they can do at any time I believe.

ah. thanks.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 01:37 PM

What? You dont trust his "sauces" :lol

Ha has been wrong a lot lately but again I dont report on NBA news I just relay what is reported to me.

ambchang
06-22-2016, 01:38 PM

Pretty sure he stays at OKC. And if GSW decimates the team to add him, what's the point of him joining? So if he joined GSW, he'd be joining way below market.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Pretty sure he stays at OKC. And if GSW decimates the team to add him, what's the point of him joining? So if he joined GSW, he'd be joining way below market.

Not saying he leaves, but if they keep the splash brothers and Draymond and add Durant they are favorites in the West.
Doesnt always mean championship as we saw with Dwight and Nash to the Lakers ... but these guys are younger and the core is already in place ...

I know Spurfan doesnt want this to happen and it probably won't ...

But Even if you lose Barnes, speights, and Bogut or Iggy it is Still worth it to have a core of 4 high level all-stars.

djohn2oo8
06-22-2016, 01:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16395589/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-top-target-free-agency

Like I said in the Howard to State thread ...

...the loss makes it easier for Durant to join forces with the splash brothers.

Durant is not joining the team he blew a 3-1 lead to.

djohn2oo8
06-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Pretty much, Chris Broussard went full retard a long time ago.

Remember his spat with Cuban during the Deandre Jordan fiasco, saying Cuban was driving around Houston looking for Jordan...

Chris
06-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Remember his spat with Cuban during the Deandre Jordan fiasco, saying Cuban was driving around Houston looking for Jordan...

He's a bullshitter & an instigator. Perfect candidate for Media.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Not saying he leaves, but if they keep the splash brothers and Draymond and add Durant they are favorites in the West.
Doesnt always mean championship as we saw with Dwight and Nash to the Lakers ... but these guys are younger and the core is already in place ...

But Even if you lose Barnes, speights, and Bogut or Iggy it is Still worth it to have a core of 4 high level all-stars.

You gotta lose Livingston too. It only works if it's Curry / Thompson / Green / Durant plus one of Iguodala / Bogut. Then it's all minimum salary players. Obviously I'd do that if I'm Golden State and Durant gives me a verbal commitment, but to dump all that talent just to create the max slot without an assurance would be retarded. It's not like the Spurs situation where they dumped a Splitter they didn't want anyways to create the max salary slot they needed to make the pitch to Aldridge.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 02:17 PM
You gotta lose Livingston too. It only works if it's Curry / Thompson / Green / Durant plus one of Iguodala / Bogut. Then it's all minimum salary players. Obviously I'd do that if I'm Golden State and Durant gives me a verbal commitment, but to dump all that talent just to create the max slot without an assurance would be retarded. It's not like the Spurs situation where they dumped a Splitter they didn't want anyways to create the max salary slot they needed to make the pitch to Aldridge.

No doubt.
If i am State ... I jettison the pieces I would part with anyways early (Veraflop, Fezeli, Barnes, speights)
I keep Iggy over Bogut but hold on to both until Durant agrees same with Livingston.
If durant agrees, I sign vets on the cheap or play McAdoo or Looney

ambchang
06-22-2016, 02:31 PM

I actually want this to happen if it means it depletes the GSW. They may ring next year, but a team with that much ego is bound to implode. We have seen it with your 12 and 04 Lakers. I also doubt how Draymond and Durant can coexist. maybe durant is just used to a loudmouth in Westbrook, but Draymond runs his mouth when he's shuts up when he loses, so he isn't as confident as Westbrook but only trying to put on that persona.

Finally, GSW aren't short on scoring, they are short on inside D. I'd be more worried if they got someone like Adams on their team because they need someone who can help shut down the paint on D, but doesn't require many touches on O. Unless Durant can focus on that area and leave the scoring to Curry and Klay, Durant to the Warriors is not that much to me.

It's similar (but to a much lesser scale) as Aldridge to the Spurs last year. He's a fantastic player, but I am not entirely sure he fills in the holes for the Spurs. The Spurs need a tough interior player, they still haven't found one.

UZER
06-22-2016, 02:44 PM
:lol Broussard.

This is more media driving agendas where they want players to land. Hell last year, LMA was rumored to be going everywhere but SA, even though it was pretty obvious it was SA.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 02:49 PM
No doubt.
If i am State ... I jettison the pieces I would part with anyways early (Veraflop, Fezeli, Barnes, speights)
I keep Iggy over Bogut but hold on to both until Durant agrees same with Livingston.
If durant agrees, I sign vets on the cheap or play McAdoo or Looney

They'd have to decline the team option on Livingston within the next few days, before the free agency period begins. Going after Durant is really playing with fire, because Livingston will cost them a lot to re-sign while the team option is only $5.8 million. But if they keep him the only way to get Durant requires parting with both Iggy and Bogut.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 02:56 PM
They'd have to decline the team option on Livingston within the next few days, before the free agency period begins. Going after Durant is really playing with fire, because Livingston will cost them a lot to re-sign while the team option is only $5.8 million. But if they keep him the only way to get Durant requires parting with both Iggy and Bogut.

I would ask him to wait that we will sign him to more money once the the other chips are aligned. Dont they have rights to pay him over the cap if they offer a new deal? I would also promise increased mins because the bench will be depleted too.

But hey let him come to La. I would love to see a Druss/Livingston backcout ...move clarkson to 6th man ...or use Livingston like state used Iggy.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 03:11 PM
I would ask him to wait that we will sign him to more money once the the other chips are aligned. Dont they have rights to pay him over the cap if they offer a new deal? I would also promise increased mins because the bench will be depleted too.

Team options have to be picked up or declined before free agency begins I believe. They can go over the cap to pay Livingston, but he's going to count something like $8.3 million against the cap because a team's free agents always count at least 150% of their previous year's salary against the cap until they are either signed or renounced. It's one of the loopholes the Spurs used with Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard last year to sign Aldridge. Green was only making $4 million so his cap hit was $6 million, and Leonard was making $3 million on a rookie deal and his cap hit was either $6 million or $7.25 million (I can't remember if the rule was 2x or 2.5x previous year rookie salary). So Green and Leonard signed last with Bird Rights.

What I see as the most likely scenario is they pick up their option on Livingston for another year (he's a bargain at $5.8 million), keep both Iggy and Bogut, decide to sign Barnes using Bird Rights (though he'd officially sign last) and then use about $10.5 million capspace they have (thanks to the Barnes $8 million cap hold) to go out and sign another bigman to replace Speights and Ezeli.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Of course, this assumes they don't lowball Barnes and he doesn't come back with an offer sheet they would only have 3 days to match. If Barnes signs an offer sheet and they want to keep him then they have no capspace in effect (they'd just end up with the same amount that the MLE would be anyways). So someone could really fuck the Warriors over by getting Barnes to sign an offer sheet.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Team options have to be picked up or declined before free agency begins I believe. They can go over the cap to pay Livingston, but he's going to count something like $8.3 million against the cap because a team's free agents always count at least 150% of their previous year's salary against the cap until they are either signed or renounced. It's one of the loopholes the Spurs used with Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard last year to sign Aldridge. Green was only making $4 million so his cap hit was $6 million, and Leonard was making $3 million on a rookie deal and his cap hit was either $6 million or $7.25 million (I can't remember if the rule was 2x or 2.5x previous year rookie salary). So Green and Leonard signed last with Bird Rights.

What I see as the most likely scenario is they pick up their option on Livingston for another year (he's a bargain at $5.8 million), keep both Iggy and Bogut, decide to sign Barnes using Bird Rights (though he'd officially sign last) and then use about $10.5 million capspace they have (thanks to the Barnes $8 million cap hold) to go out and sign another bigman to replace Speights and Ezeli.

Thanks for the info ...
I dont think Barnes wants to stay and someone will offer him at least 4 years 50 million.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info ...
I dont think Barnes wants to stay and someone will offer him at least 4 years 50 million.

Barnes is going to get something in the range of 4 years, $80 million most likely with how much the cap went up. I'm pretty sure the Warriors will be willing to pay that, especially since his cap hit would only be $8 million.

Killakobe81
06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Barnes is going to get something in the range of 4 years, $80 million most likely with how much the cap went up. I'm pretty sure the Warriors will be willing to pay that, especially since his cap hit would only be $8 million.

Shiiit, if someone pays that dude 20 million a year ...even if its the Lakers, im clowning on that fanbase all year

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Shiiit if someonw pays,that dide 20 million a year even if its the Lakers im clowning on that fanbase all year

It's going to be the new normal. DeMarre Carroll got $15 million a year last year under a $70 million cap, so Barnes getting $20 million a year under a $94 million cap is an almost mortal lock.

dbestpro
06-22-2016, 04:25 PM
With Curry and Thompson KD would never see the ball. Probably could shoot 80% and still only average 16 ppg with those two hoisting shots.

daslicer
06-22-2016, 07:12 PM
Of course, this assumes they don't lowball Barnes and he doesn't come back with an offer sheet they would only have 3 days to match. If Barnes signs an offer sheet and they want to keep him then they have no capspace in effect (they'd just end up with the same amount that the MLE would be anyways). So someone could really fuck the Warriors over by getting Barnes to sign an offer sheet.

I have a feeling Cuban will throw max money at Barnes for retaliation against them for going after Dirk.

06-23-2016, 09:07 AM
What? You dont trust his "sauces" :lol

Ha has been wrong a lot lately but again I dont report on NBA news I just relay what is reported to me.
Reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47psEDVdGIQ

:lol

Killakobe81
06-23-2016, 09:13 AM
It's going to be the new normal. DeMarre Carroll got $15 million a year last year under a $70 million cap, so Barnes getting $20 million a year under a $94 million cap is an almost mortal lock.

How did that work out?!

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2016, 09:30 AM
if he signs with gsw, how they going to keep all the players in check? when its a given there are a few guys on the team currently not happy with their roles...

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 10:35 AM
How did that work out?!

League revenues have gone way up from the new TV deal. The cap is going up another $15 million or so next summer.

-21-
06-23-2016, 11:23 AM
KD should tell the Warriors he's signing with them, have them gut the team to make space for him, and pull a DeAndre Jordan and go back to OKC. :lol

apalisoc_9
06-23-2016, 11:24 AM
KD should tell the Warriors he's signing with them, have them gut the team to make space for him, and pull a DeAndre Jordan and go back to OKC. :lol

Cant do that now. They made a rule about that

-21-
06-23-2016, 11:29 AM
Cant do that now. They made a rule about that

Yeah I know, just kidding. Durant wouldn't have the balls to do that kind of thing anyway... too beta.

DMC
06-24-2016, 08:36 AM
GS doesn't need to change anything. OKC does. Ibaka is already gone. With Serge out KD might be eyeing the door but then again it could be his idea to bring in a big who doesn't camp outside the 3. Serge was a beast when he was in the paint. Everyone wants to be Steph, well until recently.

Killakobe81
06-24-2016, 09:07 AM
OKC improved. More minutes for Adams (i am not sold on Kanter excpet in the limited bench role he has now)
Oladipo is a plus over Waiters (I think) numbers may be similar but he is a better athlete and should get some easy scores if durant stays ... so maybe he will.

Honestly, I dont care where he goes ...
Wherever he goes he will still be kicking our ass.

I wont lie ... I sort of was rooting for OKC/State last years as protest to the shitty coach and abomination roster we had assembled. Not sure we are gonna be any good. But Luke has already won some respect from me he just sounds brighter than that clown Byron, that I dont care as much where Durant lands. Cuz It wont be the Lakers and we are still a few years away.

Odds are you will NOT win a title without a prime star like Lebron, Wade, Duncan, shaq, Kobe etc.
Jury is still out on if Kiwi, Blake, Davis, cp3 Melo, PG, Ant Davis can actually lead a team to a title.

Not even sure Steph who I love can, lead a team the way those guys I mentioned did ...but I like the kid and want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Where KD land will be entertaining but Im just glad I can re-focus on my rebuilding squad. I may even get LP this year ...

Killakobe81
06-24-2016, 09:21 AM
And I will not bandwaggon LeBron but this last title really earned my respect ...
I hope he catches Jordan in rings.
The debates will be epic.

I used to think Harlem was full of crap and James is a bit petty has his flaws ...but James is a much better example for kids and players than Jordan or Kobe. I respect the hell out of the cut-throat style of Kobe and his idol ...
But James is the better team-mate, community guy, black leader etc. Read about the all the work he has done in his hometown ...he has done many of the community things we applaud David Robinson for.
Not saying kobe and Mj dont give back, but James really reminds me of my favorite player (magic) on steroids. How can I truly root against him?

IF lakers cannot win Would love to see Lebron or steph ring again.

Also a third battle with both teams healthy would be a cool Finals especially if they nab durant.
Imagine if James could beat a team with Steph and Durant?!

His GOAT case would be pretty strong ...

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2016, 09:37 AM
if kd leaves

do u guys think wb will follow out the door following year?

lol tightarse owners = breaking up teams

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2016, 09:39 AM
And I will not bandwaggon LeBron but this last title really earned my respect ...
I hope he catches Jordan in rings.
The debates will be epic.

I used to think Harlem was full of crap and James is a bit petty has his flaws ...but James is a much better example for kids and players than Jordan or Kobe. I respect the hell out of the cut-throat style of Kobe and his idol ...
But James is the better team-mate, community guy, black leader etc. Read about the all the work he has done in his hometown ...he has done many of the community things we applaud David Robinson for.
Not saying kobe and Mj dont give back, but James really reminds me of my favorite player (magic) on steroids. How can I truly root against him?

IF lakers cannot win Would love to see Lebron or steph ring again.

Also a third battle with both teams healthy would be a cool Finals especially if they nab durant.
Imagine if James could beat a team with Steph and Durant?!

His GOAT case would be pretty strong ...

if its all about franchise/superstar players ring count, then wouldnt russel>dk on goat list?

Killakobe81
06-24-2016, 09:49 AM
if its all about franchise/superstar players ring count, then wouldnt russel>dk on goat list?

Not saying that but if you go back to 1999
Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron are a top 2 player on every championship except:

Celts in 2008
Pistons in 2004
Mavs in 2011
State in 2015

Pistons and Mavs were considered huge upsets. That is over 17 years. Would I choose the path that gets you 13 or the one that gets you 4? Even if you want to argue Duncan was no longer a top 2 in 2014 (offensively) that's 12-5.

Best way to win a title is to have one of the best players in the league, near his prime with a solid coach a good #2 punch and some quality role players.

It's easier said than done but would choose that over the Pistons/Mavs model because that is so hard to replicate.

ambchang
06-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Not saying that but if you go back to 1999
Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron are a top 2 player on every championship except:

Celts in 2008
Pistons in 2004
Mavs in 2011
State in 2015

Pistons and Mavs were considered huge upsets. That is over 17 years. Would I choose the path that gets you 13 or the one that gets you 4? Even if you want to argue Duncan was no longer a top 2 in 2014 (offensively) that's 12-5.

Best way to win a title is to have one of the best players in the league, near his prime with a solid coach a good #2 punch and some quality role players.

It's easier said than done but would choose that over the Pistons/Mavs model because that is so hard to replicate.

Notice you can replace Kobe with MVPau in the above post and it would still remain inarguable.

Killakobe81
06-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Notice you can replace Kobe with MVPau in the above post and it would still remain inarguable.

Only a troll attempt would make that logical ...

ambchang
06-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Only a troll attempt would make that logical ...

It is true.

Btw, you just put in top two to give Kobe more credit than he deserves so that he can be tied to five of those rings

Unless you think he was second best in 09 and 10 as well, which would also lead to you giving him more credit than he deserves.

Other than Kobe, all the players you listed were undoubtedly the top dog in their championship teams. Maybe other than Duncan in 14.

Killakobe81
06-24-2016, 10:36 AM
I actually did it to include Shaq in 2006, not Kobe in 2000-2002 ...
shaq led in 2000-2002
Kobe led in 2009-2010

no matter your love for MVpau ...:lol but I wont argue something so asinine.
Duncan was the leader and anchor for 2014.
It was Tim that stepped to the mic and said " this time we are gonna win" after clinching the WCF to avenge "6".
Not, Tony, Manu or even Pop.
Duncan.

ambchang
06-24-2016, 11:07 AM
I actually did it to include Shaq in 2006, not Kobe in 2000-2002 ...
shaq led in 2000-2002
Kobe led in 2009-2010

no matter your love for MVpau ...:lol but I wont argue something so asinine.
Duncan was the leader and anchor for 2014.
It was Tim that stepped to the mic and said " this time we are gonna win" after clinching the WCF to avenge "6".
Not, Tony, Manu or even Pop.
Duncan.

Forgot about Shaq in 06, I thought you listed out the 06 Heat in there, but Kobe being the greatest 2nd banana of all time comes out in any 2nd best player scenario.