PDA

View Full Version : A Sign of Danny Green's Future...?

Box
06-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Today Dahill held a Tech Show at the AT&T center. It was nothing fancy but the biggest allure of attending the show was a meet and greet with Sean Elliott and a tour of the Spurs' locker room. When we actually got into the locker room, two things caught my eye. David West's locker was open and completely empty. After hearing he no longer plans to come back, I thought that may have been a sign of his departure. The second thing I noticed was Danny Green's locker was also open and completely empty. The other player's lockers were all closed and the tour guide would not comment on if they kept all the lockers empty or not. To me, this may be an indication of the Spurs' off season plan. I'm not sure what players actually keep in their lockers and clean them out after the season ends. What do you all think?

Edit:
What actually made things more peculiar was the lockers were both SPOTLESS. Every cranny was cleaned extremely well. The rest of the locker room though, was actually not as clean. There were still fingerprints and smudges on the smart tv / smart white board they use, even had the powder of whatever pens they use to write on the screen still all over the attached pen tray and erasers.

cjw
06-22-2016, 02:49 PM
It would be pretty nasty to leave your dirty clothes there over the summer.

Don't read anything into it. Players clean out their lockers at the end of the season.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Today is his birthday too

Box
06-22-2016, 02:51 PM
It would be pretty nasty to leave your dirty clothes there over the summer.

Don't read anything into it. Players clean out their lockers at the end of the season.

I was wondering if they left other items there and not really clothing. It just seemed weird to me.

turb0time
06-22-2016, 02:52 PM
According to Marc Stein, Hawks are now actively shopping the 12th pick. DG bout to get traded...?

Chinook
06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah, that dude's gone. The locker room does not lie.

SpursforSix
Today Dahill held a Tech Show at the AT&T center. It was nothing fancy but the biggest allure of attending the show was a meet and greet with Sean Elliott and a tour of the Spurs' locker room. When we actually got into the locker room, two things caught my eye. David West's locker was open and completely empty. After hearing he no longer plans to come back, I thought that may have been a sign of his departure. The second thing I noticed was Danny Green's locker was also open and completely empty. The other player's lockers were all closed and the tour guide would not comment on if they kept all the lockers empty or not. To me, this may be an indication of the Spurs' off season plan. I'm not sure what players actually keep in their lockers and clean them out after the season ends. What do you all think?

I think you should have hid in Parker's locker and then when he opened it, jump out and poke his belly.

TXstbobcat
I really wouldn't read anything into that. It's completely possible that some players choose to totally clean out their locker at the end of the season whether they are under contract or a free-agent that might not return.

Box
06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
I think you should have hid in Parker's locker and then when he opened it, jump out and poke his belly.

I'd hide in there and when he comes in say "Get off this team."

SpursforSix
06-22-2016, 02:57 PM
I'd hide in there and when he comes in say "Get off this team."

My original post said to jump out and kill him. But that seemed a little dark.

SpursforSix
06-22-2016, 02:57 PM
My original post said to jump out and kill him. But that seemed a little dark.

plus I'm not sure that works for you and your plans for the future.

wildbill2u
06-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Green is the only decent trade bait since he took less than his market value last summer to stay with the Spurs. Of course he wasn't very good this season, but if Buford can sell some team on his upside and portray this past season as an aberration, then whatever changes the Spurs need to make which include a trade would probably revolve around Green.

Keepin' it real
06-22-2016, 03:04 PM
All this talk about the status of people's lockers ... I'm getting a flashback to "A Few Good Men."

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc9rwbrur81qhhxd4o1_500.gif

TXstbobcat
06-22-2016, 03:07 PM

Edit:
What actually made things more peculiar was the lockers were both SPOTLESS. Every cranny was cleaned extremely well. The rest of the locker room though, was actually not as clean. There were still fingerprints and smudges on the smart tv / smart white board they use, even had the powder of whatever pens they use to write on the screen still all over the attached pen tray and erasers.

That is cool that you got to meet Sean Elliott. I got to meet him before each of Milwaukee Bucks games the past two seasons. He is such a nice guy and was willing to take the time to sign autographs for all of the Spurs fan before the games. He was even willing to pose for pictures with fans who wanted to have their picture taken with him.

Box
06-22-2016, 03:08 PM
All this talk about the status of people's lockers ... I'm getting a flashback to "A Few Good Men."

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc9rwbrur81qhhxd4o1_500.gif

I wish I could have taken photos of the locker room. We had to sign some sort of waiver / nda to be allowed on the tour. They do not allow any type of photography within the locker room (interviews by press in the locker room are an exception) per Gregg Popovich's request. They had a lot of security around to make sure it was enforced.

SequSpur
06-22-2016, 03:12 PM
I declare BS

Box
06-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Please remove this post -- it was a placeholder which I no longer need.

SequSpur
06-22-2016, 03:16 PM
BS.

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 03:51 PM

Edit:
Thanks for sharing. I have felt for a while that Danny was the only guy that could get us in the lottery through a trade. Trading him also makes sense if the Durant rumors are true bc in that case Danny's role is taken. He's a great value if he starts, spaces the floor and you have him defending tough covers and quickie guards, but as a bench player he would be overpriced and not in a role that suits him. It doesn't mean it will happen but he might have been told of the possibility of trades involving him. I don't think they will trade him on draft night without giving him a warning. They might do that to KA and Simmons for example, but not Danny. Just my opinion.

But it's not nothing. It's not like packing and cleaning your desk won't mean a thing.

tholdren
06-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Im just glad west's locker was cleaned out. I would have no issues if that pussy green left as long as Dworst went with him.

RD2191
06-22-2016, 04:57 PM
What's in the box?

Dverde
06-22-2016, 05:04 PM
He gave the Spurs a discount. Not Spursian to trade him a year later. He isn't going anywhere this year.

Spurs9
06-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Good inside info tbh, dont reply to any pms from tspense.

Keepin' it real
06-22-2016, 05:15 PM
He gave the Spurs a discount. Not Spursian to trade him a year later. He isn't going anywhere this year.

David Robinson and then Tim Duncan allowed the Spurs to be "spursian." Those days are over.

tholdren
06-22-2016, 05:15 PM
David Robinson and then Tim Duncan allowed the Spurs to be "spursian." Those days are over.
but spurs have legitimate players in Kawharcus Leonardridge

Box
06-22-2016, 05:48 PM
That is cool that you got to meet Sean Elliott. I got to meet him before each of Milwaukee Bucks games the past two seasons. He is such a nice guy and was willing to take the time to sign autographs for all of the Spurs fan before the games. He was even willing to pose for pictures with fans who wanted to have their picture taken with him.

He really is. Several years ago when he still played or right after he retired, he gave my brother sincere wishes of a speedy recovery when he heard about my brother needing a heart procedure done. He autographed a couple of things for him and has been one of my all time favorite players. I got to meet him today and get his autograph, it was a big honor meeting him.

Thanks for sharing. I have felt for a while that Danny was the only guy that could get us in the lottery through a trade. Trading him also makes sense if the Durant rumors are true bc in that case Danny's role is taken. He's a great value if he starts, spaces the floor and you have him defending tough covers and quickie guards, but as a bench player he would be overpriced and not in a role that suits him. It doesn't mean it will happen but he might have been told of the possibility of trades involving him. I don't think they will trade him on draft night without giving him a warning. They might do that to KA and Simmons for example, but not Danny. Just my opinion.

But it's not nothing. It's not like packing and cleaning your desk won't mean a thing.

I was thinking the same thing. Recently the company I work for terminated an employee and ever since then their desk has been spotless. Same thing in my leasing office, they terminated one of their employees and the desk which used to have their PC and items on it is spotless. It just looked like the lockers were vacant with how well they were cleaned out. There was nothing in them, just a bare locker. I thought nothing of it when I saw West's locker as he is no longer going to be with the team, but when I saw Green's, it just grabbed my attention. It may be just my imagination, but I think there is something behind it. I'd have expected more lockers to be open and spotless or none of them to be -- so why is it one person who is for sure leaving has their locker cleaned out and potentially another, has their locker cleaned out too?

Below are some pictures from the event I think you all may like. The main event details (http://www.dahill.com/events (http://www.dahill.com/events/)) are below too for any skeptics thinking I made this event up.

Dahill San Antonio Tech Show (https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ecof42n7c8350150)
Wednesday June 22, 2016 from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM CDT
Join us at the AT&T Center to learn all of what Dahill has to offer! In addition you will be able to: Take pictures with the Spurs championship trophies, shoot hoops on the court, take a tour of the Spurs locker rooms & facilities, meet the Coyote & Silver Dancers, and enjoy a meet n greet with Sean ******!
AT&T Center, San Antonio

1. Heading into the AT&T Center. We were greeted by two of the Silver Dancers when we signed in.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee494/KinTek/Dahill%20Tech%20Show/20160622_112539_zpseeuwnqfx.jpg

2. A cool motorcycle with Spurs players' autographs on it displayed in the main event room.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee494/KinTek/Dahill%20Tech%20Show/20160622_123239_zpsqxbg3xqn.jpg

3. Passed by this commissioned piece on our way to the locker room.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee494/KinTek/Dahill%20Tech%20Show/20160622_124619_zpspresnoax.jpg

4. They let the attendees down on the floor to hoop it up for a bit. This was the last stop before they asked us to not use our phones or cameras anymore since we were approaching the locker room.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee494/KinTek/Dahill%20Tech%20Show/20160622_125348_zpshakwaeu8.jpg

5. After leaving the locker room we went back to the main room and lined up to meet Sean Elliott. They had one of the championship trophies out of the case paired with one of Duncan's rings on the table Sean sat at.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee494/KinTek/Dahill%20Tech%20Show/20160622_131456_zpsdryo1gut.jpg

6. A closer look at Duncan's ring.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee494/KinTek/Dahill%20Tech%20Show/IMG_7755_zpstbt2nodq.jpg

BOHOLANO#21
06-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Really? I've been to the players locker room for season ticket holders. They allowed us to take photos even at the press room.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 08:54 PM
At $10 million a year Green's contract is an absolute bargain. I can't imagine trading him unless RC is absolutely in love with someone in the draft again like with Kawhi. Trading Hill was one thing, but Green is a proven big game player and one of the top few defensive wings in the league. Whereas Hill was a terrible defender due a big payday.

Box
06-22-2016, 09:08 PM
Really? I've been to the players locker room for season ticket holders. They allowed us to take photos even at the press room.

I wish we could have. The tour guide said we wouldn't be able to and when my buddy asked why she said "those are Mr. Popovich's rules and you'll have to bring it up with him." She was joking about the latter part but kept reiterating that we couldn't take photos. Maybe it was because we weren't there for a game but business conference and no Spurs player or coaching staff were present at the time.

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 09:13 PM
At $10 million a year Green's contract is an absolute bargain. I can't imagine trading him unless RC is absolutely in love with someone in the draft again like with Kawhi. Trading Hill was one thing, but Green is a proven big game player and one of the top few defensive wings in the league. Whereas Hill was a terrible defender due a big payday.
It makes perfect sense if the play is for Durant and the move up in the draft is for a guy they project to be a difference maker in a couple of years at a position of need like PG. Danny in the bench all of a sudden at $10 mill doesn't make sense. He's in a good contract if he starts not if he's a bench player.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 09:16 PM
It makes perfect sense if the play is for Durant and the move up in the draft is for a guy they project to be a difference maker in a couple of years at a position of need like PG. Danny in the bench all of a sudden at $10 mill doesn't make sense. He's in a good contract if he starts not if he's a bench player.

It doesn't make sense because Durant is an extreme long shot.

coachmac87
06-22-2016, 09:30 PM

If Durant actually meets with Spurs FO it's a wrap tbh

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 09:32 PM
I have thought the same but he's taking visits. The Spurs shipped Tiago without knowing LMA to be 100% in play and he had doubts per his own statements + Pop visited him in that lunch bc he was dilly dallying.

I have been about the most reluctant to believe that Durant is really in play, but he appears to be and the Spurs won't get better by standing pat. Who they may get in the draft could also be worth it in itself and there are other FA to be had that fill Danny's spot that could replicate what he does or be even better. This is where we cue the Bazemore's even the Fourniers, Batums etc. Danny is not irreplaceable. We might pay more for a SG if we strike out on Durant that is not only a defender but a more versatile offensive player + get a draft pick. On top of that they have a legit chAnce at Durant.

ace3g
06-22-2016, 09:36 PM
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/damir-markota-davis-bertansdeon-thompson-danny-green-of-union-pose-picture-id127541651

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 09:38 PM
I have thought the same but he's taking visits. The Spurs shipped Tiago without knowing LMA to be 100% in play and he had doubts per his own statements + Pop visited him in that lunch bc he was dilly dallying.

I have been about the most reluctant to believe that Durant is really in play, but he appears to be and the Spurs won't get better by standing pat. Who they may get in the draft could also be worth it in itself and there are other FA to be had that fill Danny's spot that could replicate what he does or be even better. This is where we cue the Bazemore's even the Fourniers, Batums etc. Danny is not irreplaceable. We might pay more for a SG if we strike out on Durant that is not only a defender but a more versatile offensive player + get a draft pick. On top of that they have a legit chAnce at Durant.

Splitter was an injured piece of shit not worth his contract. The Spurs weren't risking much by salary dumping him and Aldridge was a lock to walk from Portland. By contrast Green is very underpaid for what he brings and Durant probably isn't going to walk from an OKC team that is very close to winning a title. :lmao Bazemore or Fournier, holy shit you need to lay off the drugs.

Emperor
06-22-2016, 09:39 PM
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/damir-markota-davis-bertansdeon-thompson-danny-green-of-union-pose-picture-id127541651

Haha when was this?

ace3g
06-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Haha when was this?

Mr. Body
06-22-2016, 09:43 PM
I can't see him getting shipped. As has been mentioned, he's a bargain and one of the best at his role. Sure he slumped last year but is due for a rebound. But mostly he took an in-faith discount to remain. A good franchise doesn't job players after that.

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Splitter was an injured piece of shit not worth his contract. The Spurs weren't risking much by salary dumping him and Aldridge was a lock to walk from Portland. By contrast Green is very underpaid for what he brings and Durant probably isn't going to walk from an OKC team that is very close to winning a title. :lmao Bazemore or Fournier, holy shit you need to lay off the drugs. both guys are d more versatile than Danny. The idea is Durant. The point is that if he's not signed, there are other guys out there to be had. If you believe Danny is irreplaceable you are the one who needs to lay off the drugs dude!

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 11:08 PM
I can't see him getting shipped. As has been mentioned, he's a bargain and one of the best at his role. Sure he slumped last year but is due for a rebound. But mostly he took an in-faith discount to remain. A good franchise doesn't job players after that.
POP once traded his So called favorite player. The fact Danny is a good contract is what makes him an attractive piece to trade, as he will be able to hopefully get us a higher pick. It would not be a dump in the nature of Tiago who was dumped Dr a conditional pick that turned out to be no one. This is not that situation, nor is Danny a franchise player.

baseline bum
06-22-2016, 11:13 PM
both guys are d more versatile than Danny. The idea is Durant. The point is that if he's not signed, there are other guys out there to be had. If you believe Danny is irreplaceable you are the one who needs to lay off the drugs dude!

That's like cashing in your 401k to buy fucking lottery tickets.

T Park
06-22-2016, 11:17 PM
both guys are d more versatile than Danny. The idea is Durant. The point is that if he's not signed, there are other guys out there to be had. If you believe Danny is irreplaceable you are the one who needs to lay off the drugs dude!

if you think Bazemore of Fournier replace Danny Green's defense you're a complete imbecile.

Danny Green is a premiere defender in this league.

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 11:46 PM
if you think Bazemore of Fournier replace Danny Green's defense you're a complete imbecile.

It's not just about defense. The move is for Durant an offensive player and a lottery pick. I only suggested that while it's risky to move him with no guarantees they will have to take some risks to attempt to get better. If things work out, those guy I mentioned are not even in the picture. If they don't, then yes, they would need to look around for other options, while still having the pick. I suggested some guys they can look at in that scenario but their target shouldn't be Danny part two. Their target should probably be a much more versatile player in case they strike out in Durant bc they want to strengthen the ST spot where if Danny is not hot from 3 he doesn't add much offensively. In reality I see the guy they are attempting to replace as Manu not Danny in terms of versatility.

SAGirl
06-22-2016, 11:53 PM
That's like cashing in your 401k to buy fucking lottery tickets.
There is unfortunately a lot of gambling involved in this. If you don't take a risk to get better you get worse at some point. The Spurs are at that point. As others point out the team doesn't have much upside and all their aging veterans are declining at a fast rate.

If they make a move Danny is the piece that's all I am saying. If ppl feel compelled to insult so be it. They will direct that at Pop soon enough

Anyways this went on the wayside on plans C and D. Ideally they don't trade him unless the guy they really want is at the spot when they have the deal in place. That should be sufficient for the Spurs to pull the trigger. FA is going to be a beast this season but they must like every other team now, play the odds.

palangi
06-23-2016, 12:11 AM

I'll agree with you on fournier but not Bazemore. Danny is not head and shoulders above him defensively.

Green's defense gets wildly overrated here a lot.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 12:23 AM
I'll agree with you on fournier but not Bazemore. Danny is not head and shoulders above him defensively.

Green's defense gets wildly overrated here a lot.

Bazemore is a slightly above average defender, tbh..he has also never shot over 36% from 3 in any season of his career..

Green's defense is backed up by virtually all advanced metrics(both individual and team on/off unit stats) over a huge sample size(4 seasons)..he'll never receive the accolades of somebody like Tony Allen, because he plays next to the best defensive player in the NBA and one of the 3 best perimeter defenders in the past 15 years..

When you look at what other "3&D" players like Demarre Carroll, broken Wes Matthews and Iman Shumpert are getting paid, Green's contract looks disgustingly nice(even with his poor regular season, considering he was great and back in form in the playoffs)..

jyra
06-23-2016, 12:46 AM

Ah Union Olimpija, it was pretty fun watching a couple of their games on a shitty stream during the lockout. The guy on the left is Damir Markota. He was actually drafted by the Spurs in the second round of the 2006 draft.

palangi
06-23-2016, 12:48 AM
Bazemore is a slightly above average defender, tbh..he has also never shot over 36% from 3 in any season of his career..

Green's defense is backed up by virtually all advanced metrics(both individual and team on/off unit stats) over a huge sample size(4 seasons)..he'll never receive the accolades of somebody like Tony Allen, because he plays next to the best defensive player in the NBA and one of the 3 best perimeter defenders in the past 15 years..

When you look at what other "3&D" players like Demarre Carroll, broken Wes Matthews and Iman Shumpert are getting paid, Green's contract looks disgustingly nice(even with his poor regular season, considering he was great and back in form in the playoffs)..
I believe in our system Bazemore would be very good. And playing defense next to Kawhi would be really good for him too. If we traded green and mills for #12 and #21 with Bazemore thrown in, I would be more than happy. Bazemore is more athletic and a much more fluid athlete. He also dribbles better and can make a layup and dunk. Bazemore gives you more versatility.

also bazemore shot 37% in 13-14.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 12:49 AM

Bazemore was horrific against the Cavs:

TS: 43%
ORtg: 87
DRtg: 120
Net: -33

:lmao

Thabo:

TS: 72%
ORtg: 133
DRtg: 123
Net: +10

:wow

palangi
06-23-2016, 12:51 AM
Bazemore was horrific against the Cavs:

TS: 43%
ORtg: 87
DRtg: 120
Net: -33

:lmao

Thabo:

TS: 72%
ORtg: 133
DRtg: 123
Net: +10

:wow
everyone with atlanta was horrible. Geez way to hold one series against him though.

How about green shitty performance all season?

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 12:52 AM
I believe in our system Bazemore would be very good. And playing defense next to Kawhi would be really good for him too. If we traded green and mills for #12 and #21 with Bazemore thrown in, I would be more than happy. Bazemore is more athletic and a much more fluid athlete. He also dribbles better and can make a layup and dunk. Bazemore gives you more versatility.

Spurs wouldn't be able to get the pick and Bazemore IMO..if Green is shipped in a trade for #12 or if they dump him in an attempt to free up space for a big name, his replacement will most likely be a Courtney Lee-type IMO..

Bazemore is going to be severely overpaid, just like Demarre Carroll IMO..

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 12:53 AM
everyone with atlanta was horrible. Geez way to hold one series against him though.

Bazemore was BY FAR the shittiest player in the series on EITHER team & got BADLY outplayed by his backup Thabo.:lol

He got exposed against a contender & that won't change against the Duds/OKC.

palangi
06-23-2016, 12:54 AM
Spurs wouldn't be able to get the pick and Bazemore IMO..if Green is shipped in a trade for #12 or if they dump him in an attempt to free up space for a big name, his replacement will most likely be a Courtney Lee-type IMO..

Bazemore is going to be severely overpaid, just like Demarre Carroll IMO..
Well we all have our opinions

palangi
06-23-2016, 12:55 AM
Bazemore was BY FAR the shittiest player in the series on EITHER team & got BADLY outplayed by his backup Thabo.:lol

He got exposed against a contender & that won't chance against the Duds/OKC.
hmmm...maybe he would be better as a 2 and not a 3?

again crucify him for one season. He still had a better season than your boy Green.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 12:58 AM

How great was the system with Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Roger Mason, and Ime Udoka? I can't believe how much Green gets underrated on this forum.

palangi
06-23-2016, 12:59 AM
How great was the system with Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Roger Mason, and Ime Udoka? I can't believe how much Green gets underrated on this forum.
And overrated at the same time

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:02 AM
hmmm...maybe he would be better as a 2 and not a 3?

Who's going to play the 3 when Kawhi is not on the floor, Manu?:lol

again crucify him for one season. He still had a better season than your boy Green.

Bazemore is a postseason choker unlike Danny.

tbdog
06-23-2016, 01:06 AM

And Fournier will score about 14mil contract and Magic will match. I would think Bazemore getting more than 10 would be too high, but I do expect someone paying him a 4 year contract starting at 8mil. So in saying that, i dont see anyone with Green contract giving his contribution.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 01:07 AM
And Fournier will score about 14mil contract and Magic will match. I would think Bazemore getting more than 10 would be too high, but I do expect someone paying him a 4 year contract starting at 8mil. So in saying that, i dont see anyone with Green contract giving his contribution.

Bazemore is getting at least 15 per IMO..

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:07 AM
Kyle Anderson and Bertans

Yeah Danny is the bomb!!! funny to see you act like Danny tore it up against OKC. He averaged 9.2 points and we don't even want to talk about what Westbrook did to his hall of fame defense!:lol

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Harrison Barnes is about to get paid $20 fucking million a year and people think we're replacing Danny Green for anything close to the $10 million he gets once Durant tells Pop no?

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:10 AM
Ha ha ha sorry...

danny averaged 10.7 points against OKC and a whopping 5.5 against memphis in the playoffs. Yeah dead eye Danny!! Nobody can replace that!

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:11 AM
Harrison Barnes is about to get paid $20 fucking million a year and people think we're replacing Danny Green for anything close to the $10 million he gets once Durant tells Pop no?
Nobody said anything bout Barnes? funny you really stretching now to protect your boy Danny!

SAGirl
06-23-2016, 01:12 AM
Just to clarify I am not underselling Danny, not have I been a notorious Danny hater, but he's the guy likely to net a pick they want. And they appear to also want to make runs at FA, for which they need cap. They need a versatile backcourt player, whose impact is not limited to the defensive end. The guy I think they want to replace ideally is Ginobili, who was a versatile offensive player. They need a third banana for their team and Danny is not it. He did well this playoffs but was terrible offensively all season and might have streaked all the way to icy against GSW. They just need a versatile player

Sadly Tony and Manu can't be that guy anymore thought Tony is paid like he was still able to be that guy and that's likely costing us Danny sad to say.... as if the Tony fire didn't need more wood or tinder.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Ha ha ha sorry...

danny averaged 10.7 points against OKC and a whopping 5.5 against memphis in the playoffs. Yeah dead eye Danny!! Nobody can replace that!

He shot 51% from 3 on 4.7 attempts per game in the playoffs, it's tough to shoot better than that:lol..

baseline bum
Nobody said anything bout Barnes? funny you really stretching now to protect your boy Danny!

All of your alternatives are moronic.

palangi

In last years playoff loss to the clippers dead eye danny the playoff warrior averaged 8.3 ppg while shooting 30% from 3. Dead eye/playoff warrior never chokes!!!

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:14 AM
Yeah Danny is the bomb!!! funny to see you act like Danny tore it up against OKC. He averaged 9.2 points and we don't even want to talk about what Westbrook did to his hall of fame defense!:lol

Danny outplayed Softridge in Gm 5 & was the only one that showed up besides Kawhi. In the same game, he held Durant (the guy he was actually guarding) to 8/21 shooting w/ 5 turnovers.:lol

For the series:

TS: 70%
ORtg: 122
DRtg: 105
Net: +17

:wakeup

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:14 AM
All of your alternatives are moronic.
Your Green love is moronic!!

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:15 AM
In last years playoff loss to the clippers dead eye danny the playoff warrior averaged 8.3 ppg while shooting 30% from 3. Dead eye/playoff warrior never chokes!!!

...then he showed up in Gm 7 instead of shrinking like a bitch ala Harrison "Max money" Barnes.:lol

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:15 AM
Danny outplayed Softridge in Gm 5 & was the only one that showed up besides Kawhi. In the same game, he held Durant (the guy he was actually guarding) to 8/21 shooting w/ 5 turnovers.:lol

For the series:

good 1 out of 6 games...playoff warrior!!

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:16 AM
All my statements are moronic!!

FIFY

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:17 AM
good 1 out of 6 games...playoff warrior!!

For the series:

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:17 AM
...then he showed up in Gm 7 instead of shrinking like a bitch ala Harrison "Max money" Barnes.:lol
You really aren't smart? Why is Barnes being compared.

2014-2015 POSTSEASON GAME LOG

DATE
OPP
SCORE
MIN
FGM-FGA
FG%
3PM-3PA
3P%
FTM-FTA
FT%
REB
AST
BLK
STL
PF
TO
PTS

Sat 5/2

@
LAC (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/los-angeles-clippers)

L 109-111 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790959)
6-12
3-7
1-1

Thu 4/30

vs

L 96-102 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790957)
3-9
1-5
0-0

Tue 4/28

@

W 111-107 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790954)
3-9
1-5
2-3

Sun 4/26

vs

L 105-114 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790952)
0-6
0-6
0-0

Fri 4/24

vs

W 100-73 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790950)
4-8
3-6
0-0

Wed 4/22

@

W 111-107 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790947)
3-6
3-4
0-0

Sun 4/19

@

L 92-107 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400790945)
2-11
1-7
1-2

Conference Quarterfinals
3.0-8.7
1.7-5.7
0.6-0.9

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2016, 01:18 AM
Ha ha ha sorry...

All while getting shitted on by Durant.

Det "elite" defense

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:19 AM
For the series:

analytics are the worst thing for sports. too bad you're too foolish to see with your own eyes. try learning the game.

HarlemHeat37
http://oi65.tinypic.com/dmb1b4.jpg

Smh..

Kawhitstorm

There are folks out there with duplicate chromosomes.

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:21 AM
how could we ever replace Danny Greens awesome 7.2 ppg? It just can't happen. It's amazing how he does it!!

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:22 AM
analytics are the worst thing for sports. too bad you're too foolish to see with your own eyes. try learning the game.

We get it, you're a dumb & full of hate.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:23 AM
how could we ever replace Danny Greens awesome 7.2 ppg? It just can't happen. It's amazing how he does it!!

Have you not gotten enough attention, you're acting like the whore who has worn out her welcome.

palangi
blahhhh....blahhhhhh...blah!!! give me a break. get off your stats nerd and watch a game!

Smh..

Kawhitstorm

Smh..

Maths is the worst thing for sports. too bad you're too foolish to see with your own eyes. try learning the game.

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:24 AM
Have you not gotten enough attention, you're acting like the whore who has worn out her welcome.
oh you got me. you are so smart now!!! GO DANNY GREEN!!! FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER!!

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 01:25 AM
oh you got me. you are so smart now!!! GO DANNY GREEN!!! FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER!!

You're drunk, sleep it off son.

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:26 AM
And to be fair to Barnes he had a better 3 point percentage. averaged more points. had a better PER. and was the 4th option. Than the ULITMATE BASKETBALL PLAYER DANNY PLAYOFF WARRIOR GREEN!!!!

Kawhitstorm
blahhhh....blahhhhhh...blah!!! give me a break. get off your stats nerd and watch a game!

Look like someone is PMSing & in need of this:

http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/thumb/7/74/Use-a-Tampon-Step-6-Version-2.jpg/aid21200-728px-Use-a-Tampon-Step-6-Version-2.jpg

palangi
You're drunk, sleep it off son.
and unfortunately sleep won't help your stupidity?

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:27 AM
And I wish they made something for stupidity. then everyone wouldn't laugh at you!
[QUOTE=Kawhitstorm;8635029]Look like someone is PMSing & in need of this:

/QUOTE]

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:28 AM
And to be fair to Barnes he had a better 3 point percentage. averaged more points. had a better PER. and was the 4th option. Than the ULITMATE BASKETBALL PLAYER DANNY PLAYOFF WARRIOR GREEN!!!!

4th option::lmao

Barnes/Bazemore got outplayed by their backups when they faced the Cavs.

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:30 AM
4th option::lmao

Barnes/Bazemore got outplayed by their backups when they faced the Cavs.
And PLAYOFF WARRIOR GREEN got destroyed by westbrook and durrant. not to mention what paul did to him last year. embarrassing! especially for the hall of fame defender who doesn't choke in the playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:30 AM
And I wish they made something for stupidity. then everyone wouldn't laugh at you!
/QUOTE]

You're posting like a 75 yr old granny who just learned how to use a computer.

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:32 AM
shit you would put Danny Playoff Warrior Green in the hall of fame with numbers like this against OKC and cleveland. Your stupid is getting worse and worse

DATE
OPP
SCORE
MIN
FGM-FGA
FG%
3PM-3PA
3P%
FTM-FTA
FT%
REB
AST
BLK
STL
PF
TO
PTS

Sun 6/19

vs

CLE (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-cavaliers)

L 89-93 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878160)
3-10
2-4
2-2

Thu 6/16

@

L 101-115 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878159)
0-8
0-5
0-0

Mon 6/13

vs

L 97-112 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878158)
2-14
1-6
0-2

Fri 6/10

@

W 108-97 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878157)
5-11
4-5
0-0

Wed 6/8

@

L 90-120 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878156)
7-11
2-5
2-3

Sun 6/5

vs

W 110-77 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878155)
2-7
0-2
1-2

Thu 6/2

vs

W 104-89 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400878154)
6-10
0-2
1-1

NBA Finals
3.6-10.1
1.3-4.1
0.9-1.4

Mon 5/30

vs

OKC (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)

W 96-88 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876756)
2-6
1-4
0-0

Sat 5/28

@

W 108-101 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876755)
3-6
2-3
1-1

Thu 5/26

vs

W 120-111 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876754)
2-7
2-2
0-0

Tue 5/24

@

L 94-118 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876753)
4-6
1-2
2-2

Sun 5/22

@

L 105-133 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876752)
3-9
1-3
0-0

Wed 5/18

vs

W 118-91 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876751)
5-8
1-1
0-0

Mon 5/16

vs

L 102-108 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400876750)
5-8
2-4
0-0

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:33 AM
I guess shooting 52% from 3 is terrible against OKC. Yeah Barnes really shit the bed. Unlike Danny Playoff Warrior Green

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:34 AM
You're posting like a 75 yr old granny who just learned how to use a computer.
and your thinking with your ass!

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:35 AM
And PLAYOFF WARRIOR GREEN got destroyed by westbrook and durrant. not to mention what paul did to him last year. embarrassing! especially for the hall of fame defender who doesn't choke in the playoffs.

Danny had the record for most 3 pointer made in a Finals series meanwhile Barnes has the lowest FG% by a starter over a 3 game stretch.:lmao

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:36 AM
and your thinking with your ass!

My ass has more neurons than your air head but I only use it to put trolls in their place.:lol

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:37 AM
Danny only has the record for most 3 pointer made in a Finals series by a player on a WINNING team.

Barnes has the lowest FG% by a starter over a 3 game stretch.:lmao
Ha this might be the stupidest thing you have said. Give danny a max contract then buddy!! he made a lot of 3's in one game!! FUCKING IDIOT!!

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 01:37 AM
Win Shares, VORP and BPM among all Spurs in the playoffs during the Duncan era(pretty good sample size for a perennial playoff contender with 5 titles and many deep playoff runs in that span):

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ci7jt1.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/2n0j0hz.jpg
http://oi65.tinypic.com/1qibna.jpg

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:39 AM
My ass has more neurons than your air head but I only use it to put trolls in their place.:lol
There you go thinking with your ass some more!! SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/df/c0/d0/dfc0d0d56bab3e30799c72bea3b63cb0.jpg

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:40 AM
I know Danny Freaking Awesome Green is amazing!! Give him a max contract. We are robbing him!!!

Win Shares, VORP and BPM among all Spurs in the playoffs during the Duncan era(pretty good sample size for a perennial playoff contender with 5 titles and many deep playoff runs in that span):

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ci7jt1.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/2n0j0hz.jpg
http://oi65.tinypic.com/1qibna.jpg

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:41 AM
There you go thinking with your ass some more!! SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!

You should be ashamed for not being able to hold your own against an ass.:lol

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:45 AM
Ha this might be the stupidest thing you have said. Give danny a max contract then buddy!! he made a lot of 3's in one game!! FUCKING IDIOT!!

Made a lot of 3s in one game: :lmao

You might want to start thinking w/ your ass b/c your brain clearly has reading comprehensions issues:

Danny made 27 threes on 49 attempts, Steph "GOAT shooter" Curry broke it by making 32 on 80 attempts. Basically, needed 31 shots to make 5 more::lol

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:47 AM
You should be ashamed for not being able to hold your own against an ass.:lol
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ5VHfTuBmrqwkIzpvTIrDCbhp-iUSkARu9RtntZBTB56w1F2yFQ

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Bazemore was a disaster against the Spurs: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254656&page=12&p=8293234&viewfull=1#post8293234

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:48 AM
Made a lot of 3s in one game: :lmao

You might want to start thinking w/ your ass b/c your brain clearly has reading comprehensions issues:

Danny made 27 threes on 49 attempts, Steph "GOAT shooter" Curry broke it by making 32 on 80 attempts. Basically, needed 31 shots to make 5 more::lol

again what does curry have to do with this. Quit reaching for anything to make you love interest a better basketball player!

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:49 AM
again what does curry have to do with this. Quit reaching for anything to make you love interest a better basketball player!

Curry has nothing to do w/ scrubs like Bazemore/Barnes, I agree.:toast

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Bazemore was a disaster against the Spurs: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254656&page=12&p=8293234&viewfull=1#post8293234
These look like Danny Freaking Awesome Green stats. But they are Bazemore against Hall of fame Danny green defense!

Sat 11/28

@

SA (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)

L 88-108 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400828129)
5-10
0-2
1-1

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:51 AM
or a scrub like Danny Green!:downspin:

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:52 AM
But atleast Barnes and Bazemore can take more than 3 dribbles and make layups.

But again since you think with your ass. I never said anything about wanting Barnes. funny how you reach. Maybe you should just stop and go jackoff to your danny green poster.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 01:53 AM
I don't know why you turned a discussion of Green being a very good playoff performing role player to a hyperbolic, ridiculous stretch, insinuating that we want him to get the max:lol

The only point is to appreciate what he has given the Spurs in the playoffs, he has been a great playoff performer for a role player, and one of the 5 best shooters in playoff history, so far in his career..despite his streaky shooting, he has been a reliable playoff performer(the same way Bowen was for years) and virtually all relevant numbers provide credibility to the claim..you can't take it for granted, as role players are just that for a reason, you'll find way more of them that get exposed in the playoffs, rather than elevate or even just maintain their RS level..

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:55 AM
These look like Danny Freaking Awesome Green stats. But they are Bazemore against Hall of fame Danny green defense!

Sat 11/28

@
SA (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)

L 88-108 (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400828129)
5-10
0-2
1-1

Your midget brain failed to realize Bazemore came off the bench while Danny was checking Korver.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:56 AM
This message is hidden because palangi is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 01:57 AM
I don't know why you turned a discussion of Green being a very good playoff performing role player to a hyperbolic, ridiculous stretch, insinuating that we want him to get the max:lol

B/c he's a Trump supporter & all they do is make hyperbolic statements. He's probably a red neck that's pissed off b/c Trump is losing to a middle aged woman.

palangi
06-23-2016, 01:58 AM
https://memecrunch.com/meme/MYWI/danny-green/image.png?w=500&c=1

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:00 AM
I only went hyperbole because kawhishitstorm did. Making things up to argue. I'm really not as big a hater of Green as this shows. But I do think we could do better there too.

The only point is to appreciate what he has given the Spurs in the playoffs, he has been a great playoff performer for a role player, and one of the 5 best shooters in playoff history, so far in his career..despite his streaky shooting, he has been a reliable playoff performer(the same way Bowen was for years) and virtually all relevant numbers provide credibility to the claim..you can't take it for granted, as role players are just that for a reason, you'll find way more of them that get exposed in the playoffs, rather than elevate or even just maintain their RS level..

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:01 AM
B/c he's a Trump supporter & all they do is make hyperbolic statements. He's probably a red neck that's pissed off b/c Trump is losing to a middle aged women.
And your boy obama is a racist socialist killing america. Yeah your so much better!!!

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:01 AM
Your midget brain failed to realize Bazemore came off the bench while Danny was checking Korver.
Damn off the bench and still put up hall of fame numbers. Comparable to Danny Freaking Green!!!

thanks for that buddy!!

Mikeanaro
06-23-2016, 02:03 AM
He´s been sucking for 2 years in a row he looks like Boris Diaw, they play basketball just to make money but they dont even care about the game it is just a way to be a millionaire, a good franchise kicks their asses out of town ASAP, we dont need Bonner Diaw Green, negative guys.

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:04 AM
He´s been sucking for 2 years in a row he looks like Boris Diaw, they play basketball just to make money but they dont even care about the game it is just a way to be a millionaire, a good franchise kicks their asses out of town ASAP, we dont need Bonner Diaw Green, negative guys.
Funny chicago had the balls to kick the hometown kid out of town who was an MVP but we can't do it to Parker, Diaw, or Green. That's bullshit.

Hell even the 49ers did it to jerry rice and joe montana.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 02:07 AM
B/c he's a Trump supporter & all they do is make hyperbolic statements. He's probably a red neck that's pissed off b/c Trump is losing to a middle aged woman.

:cry Make Spurstalk Great Again :cry

Mikeanaro
06-23-2016, 02:13 AM
Funny chicago had the balls to kick the hometown kid out of town who was an MVP but we can't do it to Parker, Diaw, or Green. That's bullshit.

Most times teams kick their players out because they are into winning, I understand having respect for our Big 3 a maybe Kiwi because he is the next star in SA but everybody else is expendable.
Its funny how Harlem tries to show all kind of statistics to defend that big lipped dork, Bonner is another mathematical wizard, why is he playing so little minutes?
Hope he is fucking gone.

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:16 AM
I didn't see he went all racist like that. But that makes me laugh.

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:18 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny All Defense Green isn't on the all NBA team???!!!!! Who are these idiots that aren't giving this hall of famer his respect.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/05/25/san-antonio-spurs-kawhi-leonard-unanimous-selection-for-all-defensive-first-team/

palangi
06-23-2016, 02:22 AM
uh oh!!!!!! we have an internet tuff guy!!!!! He can make racist comments online!!!! what a big boy!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIovKRmeapHojkIWn1U3Nx6HAttgUJV LXu8PheSlcUloSy7dq9

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 02:52 AM
This message is hidden because Mikeanaro is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 02:53 AM

YGWHI
06-23-2016, 03:12 AM
Like others said, there is no way to keep Danny, Parker and Boris if the Spurs want to sign Durant. Two of those guys must leave the team and since Parker already said he'll retire as Spur...

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 03:36 AM
Like others said, there is no way to keep Danny, Parker and Boris if the Spurs want to sign Durant. Two of those guys must leave the team and since Parker already said he'll retire as Spur...

Why in the hell would Durant leave OKC & sign-up to play on a gutted team w/ the worst starting PG on any contender?:lol

Adams/Ibaka/WestBrick/Waiters/Roberson/Kanter + MLE pickup(Matt Barnes?) > Porker/Kawhi/Softridge/Fatty/Fat Head + AARP Tim/Manu

spursistan
06-23-2016, 03:44 AM
Why in the hell would Durant leave OKC & sign-up to play on a gutted team w/ the worst starting PG on any contender?:lol

Adams/Ibaka/WestBrick/Waiters/Roberson/Kanter + MLE pickup(Matt Barnes?) > Porker/Kawhi/Softridge/Fatty/Fat Head + AARP Tim/Manu

That Porky contract is ruining this team :lol

Prediction: Spurs won't be back to WCF with Parker as a starter on the team..

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2016, 03:45 AM
:lol

I knew the guy was a dip shit, but a Trump supporter too?

:lol Dat demographic

Chinook
06-23-2016, 03:55 AM
This has been a fun thread to read. The team can improve in free agency. They don't need to move Green for that. They are a Mills trade and a Simmons and Diaw waiving away from a max slot. And they don't necessarily need to move high in the draft to get their guy. An early-20s pick might be good enough. That won't require anything drastic.

Chinook
06-23-2016, 03:58 AM

The season before last, Green played at a top-40 level. He hasn't been anywhere near "sucking for two years in a row".

spursistan
06-23-2016, 04:00 AM
This has been a fun thread to read. The team can improve in free agency. They don't need to move Green for that. They are a Mills trade and a Simmons and Diaw waiving away from a max slot. And they don't necessarily need to move high in the draft to get their guy. An early-20s pick might be good enough. That won't require anything drastic.
today the first domino falls..let's hope it is not a "pick & stash"..

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 04:05 AM
That Porky contract is ruining this team :lol

Prediction: Spurs won't be back to WCF with Parker as a starter on the team..

The Rockets made it to the WCF last season so it's possible due to injuries but they ain't sniffing the Finals.:lol

SAGirl
06-23-2016, 04:25 AM
We shall see. I am not advocating him being traded. The guy not really carrying his weight is Tony, but the thread was started by a witness to what appeared as Danny cleaning up his locker. He really can be in trade talks in all honesty and could possibly surprise us going for as really high lottery pick. Look at G. Hill. I also evaluate how overpaid Demarre Carroll got. Danny is indeed a super valuable guy that they won't part with lightly. it's got to be a to pick maybe even in the 3-8 range. There are teams in that range dangling picks and Danny is our best offer. It won't be known until draft night if any other teams dangle a better player.

Mikeanaro
06-23-2016, 04:42 AM
The season before last, Green played at a top-40 level. He hasn't been anywhere near "sucking for two years in a row".

Top 400 to be more accurate, that was a little more than a year ago so I watched 80 games over the last 11 seasons, after Spurs rang DG turned into garbage, time to trade him while some stupid team think he has some value.

Chinook
06-23-2016, 05:01 AM
Top 400 to be more accurate, that was a little more than a year ago so I watched 80 games over the last 11 seasons, after Spurs rang DG turned into garbage, time to trade him while some stupid team think he has some value.

Yeah, you clearly didn't watch him if you think he was bad in 2014-2015. Dude had a career year.

-21-
06-23-2016, 06:22 AM
<------------KEEP DANNY GREEN

bklynspursfan
06-23-2016, 06:28 AM

:facepalm:

Keepin' it real
06-23-2016, 07:54 AM
We shall see. He really can be in trade talks in all honesty and could possibly surprise us going for as really high lottery pick. it's got to be a to pick maybe even in the 3-8 range. There are teams in that range dangling picks and Danny is our best offer.

Trade him for Boston's #3 pick to draft Buddy Hield?

:stirpot:

Emperor
06-23-2016, 08:35 AM
We shall see. I am not advocating him being traded. The guy not really carrying his weight is Tony, but the thread was started by a witness to what appeared as Danny cleaning up his locker. He really can be in trade talks in all honesty and could possibly surprise us going for as really high lottery pick. Look at G. Hill. I also evaluate how overpaid Demarre Carroll got. Danny is indeed a super valuable guy that they won't part with lightly. it's got to be a to pick maybe even in the 3-8 range. There are teams in that range dangling picks and Danny is our best offer. It won't be known until draft night if any other teams dangle a better player.

3-8? I'd be extremely surprised if Danny can get us that but only reason to even consider shipping him out would be to clear room for Durant. Other than it would be completely dumb.

look_at_g_shred
06-23-2016, 08:54 AM
<------------KEEP DANNY GREEN

Yeah, you clearly didn't watch him if you think he was bad in 2014-2015. Dude had a career year.

cutewizard
06-23-2016, 10:35 AM
If we get Durant this year, wow!!!!

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 10:39 AM
If we get Durant this year, wow!!!!

:pop: We're not making any moves until I can lock down the Red Rocket.

cutewizard
06-23-2016, 10:42 AM
super solution for the Spurs:

TRADE PARKER

SpursBig3s
06-23-2016, 10:55 AM

Wow what a crime, to get bested by two top 5-7 players in the world:lol Barnes/Bazemore were outplayed by... JR smith and RJ? That's embarrassing

palangi
06-23-2016, 11:04 AM
Wow what a crime, to get bested by two top 5-7 players in the world:lol Barnes/Bazemore were outplayed by... JR smith and RJ? That's embarrassing
But Green is suppose to have some all world defense that can't be replaced! Wow!

Emperor
06-23-2016, 11:06 AM
If the tank is truly on for Chicago then they should give us Butler for Green/Diaw/Anderson :toast

palangi
06-23-2016, 11:09 AM
If the tank is truly on for Chicago then they should give us Butler for Green/Diaw/Anderson :toast
According to some that would be a terrible idea. There is no way butler could replace Green. His 3&D is out of this world good. And for only 10 million.

Ice009
06-23-2016, 11:30 AM

Yeah, I'll take Butler. I might even prefer him over Durant. Blow it up Chicago. We'll take him.

sasaint
06-23-2016, 11:36 AM

I am pretty sure the Bulls dealt Rose in order to build around Butler.

Box
06-23-2016, 11:37 AM

I hope the Spurs make a nice move this off season, even it involves trading Danny Green. I do not think the Spurs will be a true contender over the next few years if they do nothing to improve their roster. Usually we as Spurs fans are admiring other teams for the moves they make and I think it would be a nice change of pace to watch the team we're rooting for improve through free agency. Hopefully whatever changes they make, if any, make the Spurs legit contenders (possibly favorites) and are not lateral or backward steps.

SAGirl
06-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Trade him for Boston's #3 pick to draft Buddy Hield?

:stirpot:

3-8? I'd be extremely surprised if Danny can get us that but only reason to even consider shipping him out would be to clear room for Durant. Other than it would be completely dumb.
I don't think it's out of the question. Take a team like Boston that needs to get better now. There's also Minnesota with the 5th pick. They aim to get better quickly. Both teams need 3 pts shooting and Minnesota needs defenders. Boston especially wants a star type player. it really depends if we have the better offer, but Danny being cost controlled and the defender, shooter and champion he is could help teams that are looking to for postseason success. SInce he's cost controlled he leaves opportunities for these teams to add others. It just really depends if there are better players in play and that's tricky bc no one is trading a franchise player for picks 3-8. That's a spot for a trade for a very high quality player , but not a franchise player. Danny meets that criteria

Hoops Czar
06-23-2016, 12:14 PM

Edit:

Thank you detective Box. Danny Green will surely be missed. I can't believe this thread has reached 6 pages in length :lol.

Box
06-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Thank you detective Box. Danny Green will surely be missed. I can't believe this thread has reached 6 pages in length :lol.

I am too, but people had to argue about Green's worth in here :lol.