PDA

View Full Version : EU Britian stay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pgardn
06-23-2016, 09:21 AM
All indications given financial markets look for a vote to REMAIN.

Hope this is accurate.

boutons_deux
06-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Xenophobic, retrograde, jingoist, racist rightwingnuts ( try to ) fuckup countries, no what the country.

Apparently the stay/go vote is a huge boost to the UK storefront betting shops.

Splits
06-23-2016, 02:31 PM
Hope they leave. Fuck those lymies

spankadelphia
06-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Xenophobic, retrograde, jingoist, racist rightwingnuts ( try to ) fuckup countries, no what the country.

The existence of large tracts of land populated with white people is morally indefensible and must be legislated against at every opportunity!

Hail the State!

FuzzyLumpkins
06-23-2016, 07:52 PM
It doesn't even look close. After the Scotland vote the writing was on the wall for unity.

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 08:08 PM
It doesn't even look close. After the Scotland vote the writing was on the wall for unity.

What are you looking at? Everything I'm seeing is that it's closer than expected and possibly leaning to exit.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-23-2016, 08:28 PM
What are you looking at? Everything I'm seeing is that it's closer than expected and possibly leaning to exit.

Yeah with 3.4% reporting newcastle was a surprise. I ahdn't seen that yet.

pgardn
06-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Holy crap.

i get all smug and then get slapped

way too close

pgardn
06-23-2016, 09:04 PM

You know you are siding with Big Finance as well...

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Wow, BREXIT winning 50.1% to 49.9% now.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Now 50.4% for leaving the EU

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 09:27 PM
BREXIT up almost 3% now

TeyshaBlue
06-23-2016, 09:37 PM
Blizzard....get in here and give us some perspective nao!

pgardn
06-23-2016, 10:16 PM
According to the Guardian 51-49 exit. But ~45% of the total votes still not counted.

Farange is now declaring Independence Day. Before he stated it would be a clean loss.

Jesus... Our stock Market takes a hit tomorrow if this stays the current course.

Reck
06-23-2016, 10:20 PM
According to the Guardian 51-49 exit. But ~45% of the total votes still not counted.

Farange is now declaring Independence Day. Before he stated it would be a clean loss.

Jesus... Our stock Market takes a hit tomorrow if this stays the current course.

Will this cripple UK for years to come or is this something that they'll put on course within a year or two? What's the real loss?

pgardn
06-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Will this cripple UK for years to come or is this something that they'll put on course within a year or two? What's the real loss?

GB will have to rework so many free trade treaties it's gonna be a huge mess. Even the exits agree with this. In the long run I think it severely hampers their economy. They basically sell as much as they buy from the rest of Europe. Keep the ratio the same but decrease the total amount of trade and they are gonna feel real problems with jobs IMO.

They also have the potential for London to lose its place as a financial capital. Many of our banks have already stated they are ready to change locations if exit wins. Paris... Somewhere else... Tomorrow will look very bad from the market view. Basically you had scaremongering of the poor working class white vote coming out to say exit in large numbers. The rest of the EU might cave as well though. France has taken precautions, Germany won't get hurt as bad but it's in their interest to be on the same page as GB. Italy, Spain very bad...

Personally I think it's really bad. I'm not even sure how passports will be reworked.

Drachen
06-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Pound sterling down 11%against all major currencies.

Drachen
06-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Assuming all else stays equal, Britain will have to follow all the same rules to trade with their largest trading partner, only it'll cost them more

pgardn
06-23-2016, 10:41 PM
Exit up 4% with 1/3 of the vote still to be counted.

Man what a hit the gamblers took. This is a surprise.
Leads me to believe Trump has a chance and that's scary.
Damn. I'm gonna hurt that's for sure.

pgardn
06-23-2016, 10:45 PM
Scotland had declared before the vote they would leave GB if this happened.
Ireland, which was seeing some recovery gets hurt bad.

Adam Lambert
06-23-2016, 10:49 PM
trump, brexit

white people have gone crazy

Reck
06-23-2016, 10:51 PM
Man what a hit the gamblers took. This is a surprise.
Leads me to believe Trump has a chance and that's scary.
Damn. I'm gonna hurt that's for sure.

Voter turnout is everything. It doesn't look like enough people went and voted for this thing.

Hopefully common sense will win out here and people will take note of what happened in the UK today and get enough incenstive to vote and keep someone like a Trump out and let it be clear enough he's not wanted.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
06-23-2016, 10:54 PM
The beginning of the end of the E.Jew

http://i.imgur.com/xZMFKQd.jpg

pgardn
06-23-2016, 10:55 PM
BBC has called it for Exit.

Everyone is going to sleep over there that I know.
Damn it.
im out...

Reck
06-23-2016, 10:55 PM
ITV is projecting Britain to leave as well.

Drachen
06-23-2016, 11:47 PM
Wow

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Voter turnout is everything. It doesn't look like enough people went and voted for this thing.

Hopefully common sense will win out here and people will take note of what happened in the UK today and get enough incenstive to vote and keep someone like a Trump out and let it be clear enough he's not wanted.

Voter turnout was very high. Almost 72%.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 12:18 AM
Didn't even know they were a member... I thought they had to adopt the Euro currency to be members?

Splits
06-24-2016, 12:39 AM
Lol what a stupid bunch. Fuckin idiots. Hope their PoS country goes into deep recession and is shunned by their neighbors

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2016, 12:45 AM
does brit even need the eu? its not like they sell anything to eu anyway.... seems like the eu needs the brit market

FlAVaK
06-24-2016, 01:19 AM
Lol what a stupid bunch. Fuckin idiots. Hope their PoS country goes into deep recession and is shunned by their neighbors

This, tbh.

51,9 to 48,1 %

bad weather brits :lmao

Splits
06-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Hope the N. Ireland terrorists are arming themselves for the next war

:lol England

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 01:49 AM
i haven't read up on this issue... like at all

anybody want to give me a decent tl;dr?

Splits
06-24-2016, 01:50 AM
^ the terrorists won

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 01:59 AM
does brit even need the eu? its not like they sell anything to eu anyway.... seems like the eu needs the brit market

No. Their economy will be just fine after the initial turmoil. It will be more problematic for Europe now that the inevitable failure of the EU is underway.

Reck
06-24-2016, 02:25 AM
No. Their economy will be just fine after the initial turmoil. It will be more problematic for Europe now that the inevitable failure of the EU is underway.

This sounds like denial to me.

Their market is plummeting. Already down something like 12%.

Cry Havoc
06-24-2016, 02:53 AM
A complete disaster in every conceivable way. The Dow is going to plummet in a few hours.

Old scared white idiots in the UK trying to top the USA for damage dealt to the economy while they clutch their chest about things that scare them*.

*everything scares them

Cry Havoc
06-24-2016, 02:54 AM
The beginning of the end of the E.Jew

http://i.imgur.com/xZMFKQd.jpg

:lol Pound Sterling hits lowest point since 1985.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2016, 03:29 AM
brits pulling out, fck nwo

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 03:36 AM
^ the terrorists won
arbiter tbh

Pelicans78
06-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Thanks Obama :lol

Warlord23
06-24-2016, 04:25 AM
Well the UK certainly shot themselves in the foot with this one. Looking at the demographic divide, the more rural, elderly, less educated, working-class folk have voted to leave the EU while the more educated, urban, young, white-collar segment has voted to stay in. London, Manchester, Oxford, Cambridge, Scotland couldn't overcome Middle England and Wales. Not very different from the divide in the US - a similar set of people are backing Trump.

People in London are in a bit of a shock tbh - nobody expected it to come down to this. Everyone knows that globalization and automation have impacted the working class, but they are looking at the wrong solution (again, similar to Trumpism) to the problem. No matter what the UK does in terms of its relationship with other countries, the jobs in steel, commodity manufacturing, mining etc are not coming back. On the other hand, this will impact the high-end service sector, the pan-EU multinational jobs in the UK and business investment.

Unfortunately, it's proving very easy to demagogue on this issue by playing on working-class people's fears and pointing at the "other" - in this case the EU - as the source of all problems.

Blizzardwizard
06-24-2016, 04:55 AM
A campaign built solely on right-wing populism and 'dey took er jerbs' has put this country's economic value and the strength of trade unions in addition to workers' rights at full risk.

All I'll say America, watch the fuck out for Trump in the election, if right-wing nut jobs can win a nationwide referendum in a supposedly liberal country, then Trump should have no problems employing the same tactics to an even greater effect in a heavily conservative country.

Blizzardwizard
06-24-2016, 05:06 AM
Case in point :lol https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/746272130992644096

hater
06-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Why are these retard politicians and media "shocked" at this??? It was a 50% chance. Fucking idiots.

Same thing with US politicians and media being shocked at tea party first, then Trump. You could see those a mile away yet they always caught with their pants down :lol

Fucking inept retards

And :lmao Cameron. Couldn't have happened to a worse human being :lol

hater
06-24-2016, 05:57 AM
Oh and :lol Trump. This is a huge victory for him.

The new government will open him with a red carpet and VIP treatment :lol

God damn Trump is becoming the owner of the entire world :wow

Pelicans78
06-24-2016, 05:58 AM
So Trump is basically promoting his property yet not talking about the BREXIT vote. Pathetic.

hater
06-24-2016, 06:01 AM
Trumpight as well Call Big Ben his Trump Tower tbh :lol nigga is the sole owner of that nation now :lol

Pelicans78
06-24-2016, 06:01 AM
And he leaves the podium :lol

hater
06-24-2016, 06:02 AM
First order of business: Put Cameron in jail for treason to the crown :lmao oh and bestiality :lol

Aztecfan03
06-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Case in point :lol https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/746272130992644096
Trump is such a dumbass. He doesn't even know Scotland wants to stay in the EU.

Drachen
06-24-2016, 06:28 AM

EU is Britain's largest trading partner and destination for exports

Drachen
06-24-2016, 06:30 AM

What an idiot since Scotland promised a new independence referendum if the leave campaign won

Drachen
06-24-2016, 06:41 AM
Trump is such a dumbass. He doesn't even know Scotland wants to stay in the EU.

Beat me to it

hater
06-24-2016, 06:51 AM
EU is Britain's largest trading partner and destination for exports

This doesn't mean all trade wil stop. Actually most wont

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 07:03 AM
This is a great buying opportunity. The panic is hilarious. I took profits and went 100% cash last week.

England will be fine. There will be a lot of turmoil the next year or two but the rest of the Eurozone needs English trade as much as England needs Eurozone trade.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 07:06 AM
What an idiot since Scotland promised a new independence referendum if the leave campaign won

He was asked this exact question this morning on Scotland leaving the UK and said it should be "the will of the people". It hardly showed ignorance of the situation.

I realize that "will of the people" is an abstract concept for liberals.

velik_m
06-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Blaiming every shitty thing on EU finally backfired on UK politicians. Also everybody telling UK voters that they should vote on staying even if it's none of their business was a bad move (thanks Obama).

Looking at the silver lining: maybe this will be good for EU long term. Continental Europe's values are far more homogeneous and UK was always a bit of a black sheep and exceptions and concesions were always have to be made for them.

Short term (next couple of years) it will be an absolute mess both for UK and the rest of us in EU.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 07:39 AM
I suspect the EU is going to implode in the next 5 years anyway. The German people are not going to put up with supporting the rest of the EU while getting smothered with new immigrants.

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 07:41 AM
"smothered with new immigrants."

Thanks, Repugs!

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 07:50 AM
"smothered with new immigrants."

Thanks, Repugs!

Boo, there is nothing wrong with immigrants.

It is only reasonable for a country to want to control it's borders and pick and choose the immigrants it wants to accepts.

This applies to the US as well. Bookaki, you are such a partisan hack you just can't acknowledge it.

Canyonero
06-24-2016, 08:12 AM
Didn't even know they were a member... I thought they had to adopt the Euro currency to be members?

You have members who don't use Euro and non-members who use Euro. Some EU countries can't issue Euros because they don't qualify economically.

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Boo, there is nothing wrong with immigrants.

CosmicParasite, the tsunami of immigrants hitting Europe now is DIRECTLY caused by Repugs invading Iraqfor BigOil, destabilizing the Mideast.

Thanks, Repugs, you BigOil corrupt whores.

pgardn
06-24-2016, 08:26 AM

Nope. It's easy to exchange but sort of a hassle. Having some control over your currency is nice for wealthy members like GB.
GB was given a number of special perks. In negotiations leading up to this they got more. Some even thought Cameron was using the referendum as leverage to get GB an even better deal. With a concerted effort they did not have to even put this to a vote. It was a gamble for a better deal that failed.

This was, IMO, a vote for fear.

Boots has brought this up before. We clearly have an unequal distribution of wealth. Working class people were blaming it on big finance until an easier scapegoat arose in the form of immigrants. It is my belief that the wealth problem hurting a large lower and middle class can lead to really bad things. People start looking for easy blames. Thus, beware the Trump. You got a narcissistic rich guy saying our financial problems are mostly tied to immigrants. A guy that has continually used the system to gain wealth. And then you got the terrorism card. And then you got Hillary, who is the epitome of using your political position in a haphazard entitled manner instead of understanding you are supposed to be a public servant.

Not a good day. Or possibly next 4 years. All IMO of course.

And now I read the other sides easy blame just above this. Boots uses the same easy blame tactics.

Trill Clinton
06-24-2016, 08:47 AM
ethered in the first reply

pgardn
06-24-2016, 08:50 AM
DOW down 2.5 %

Yesterdays solid gain was largely due to an assumed remain vote.
If anyone claims to be clairvoyant concerning stocks you should feel inclined to laugh at them.

pgardn
06-24-2016, 08:59 AM
ethered in the first reply

Holy shit.

Not only did they vote to stay in, they voted to stay as a part of GB not that long ago.

Now Scotland will have to possibly taking the undesirable steps to get out of GB all over again. Scotland was by far the most intent part of GB to STAY a part of the EU. It voted STAY even beating out London (which has the most immigrants and finance and the most to lose) Wales voted to leave, you are in the wrong country orange head.

Honest to God this guy is a Fkn lunatic...
Jesus Christ...

RD2191
06-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Trump is such a retarded piece of shit. I swear there will be a revolution if that fucking tard wins the election.

RD2191
06-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Holy shit.

Not only did they vote to stay in, they voted to stay as a part of GB not that long ago.

Now Scotland will have to possibly taking the undesirable steps to get out of GB all over again. Scotland was by far the most intent part of GB to STAY a part of the EU. It voted STAY even beating out London (which has the most immigrants and finance and the most to lose) Wales voted to leave, you are in the wrong country orange head.

Honest to God this guy is a Fkn lunatic...
Jesus Christ...

Tbh.

hater
06-24-2016, 09:27 AM
:lol asking Blair for his opinion

They should hang that criminal from London bridge

Cameron down, next in line: merkel

hater
06-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Calling it now. Trump will rule the US for the next 8 years and England/Germany will follow suit and elect a businessman/right wing saviour. It's a new world order that will form like Voltron and Trump just happens to be the head :lol

:lmao what a god dam pimp

ElNono
06-24-2016, 09:41 AM
I suspect the EU is going to implode in the next 5 years anyway. The German people are not going to put up with supporting the rest of the EU while getting smothered with new immigrants.

:lol You said the same shit during Spain's crisis, Portugal's crisis and the Greek crisis. Maybe it's time to realize the EU isn't just Germany, and they're not going anywhere.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 09:53 AM
:lol You said the same shit during Spain's crisis, Portugal's crisis and the Greek crisis. Maybe it's time to realize the EU isn't just Germany, and they're not going anywhere.

Why don't you back your shit up and show where I said that?

Since you brought it up, however, they are all contributing factors to the ultimate domino effect. The strong EU economies are getting drug down by the weak economies. At some point the citizens of Germany and France are going to say "enough".

RD2191
06-24-2016, 10:14 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/?tid=sm_tw

Crofl. Nothing like leaving the fate of your country to uninformed idiots. I predict something similar will occur after trump wins the election.

RandomGuy
06-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Trump is such a retarded piece of shit. I swear there will be a revolution if that fucking tard wins the election.

Dammit man, you just had to say something I agree with.

Stop that.

RD2191
06-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Dammit man, you just had to say something I agree with.

Stop that.
:lol

Adam Lambert
06-24-2016, 10:39 AM

CavsSuperFan
06-24-2016, 10:42 AM
anybody want to give me a decent tl;dr?

“Brexit Cliff Notes”.

European Union consists of many countries…Hard working productive folks from Germany & the UK constantly prop up less productive nations like Portugal & Greece…The EU has increased the wealth & strengthened the buying power of the upper middle class & the wealthy…The lower working middle class has been left behind…With open borders the lower working middle class competes with cheap labor not to mention higher crime due to the type of folks that can come & go as they please…Working folk would like to take their country back, have borders & strong vetting for immigrants….This scares the wealthy & now that “Brexit” has passed they will do their best to dog pile misery on the working lower middle class…

Shocking to me that nobody here can see the point of view of “Brexit Voters”.

Adam Lambert
06-24-2016, 10:42 AM

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 10:50 AM
“Brexit Cliff Notes”.

European Union consists of many countries…Hard working productive folks from Germany & the UK constantly prop up less productive nations like Portugal & Greece…The EU has increased the wealth & strengthened the buying power of the upper middle class & the wealthy…The lower working middle class has been left behind…With open borders the lower working middle class competes with cheap labor not to mention higher crime due to the type of folks that can come & go as they please…Working folk would like to take their country back, have borders & strong vetting for immigrants….This scares the wealthy & now that “Brexit” has passed they will do their best to dog pile misery on the working lower middle class…

probably because it sounds very trump-ian

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 10:51 AM
on the plus side, snobbish brits can no longer call americans dumb in comment sections :lol

Blizzardwizard
06-24-2016, 10:58 AM
on the plus side, snobbish brits can no longer call americans dumb in comment sections :lol

As long as people like Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Scott Walker still receive significant support in the US, I can, and I will.

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 10:59 AM
As long as people like Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Scott Walker still receive significant support in the US, I can, and I will.
if half the US secedes (again), you have that right

pgardn
06-24-2016, 11:04 AM
“Brexit Cliff Notes”.

Prop up...
Prop up...

The ordinary people in Greece are in dire shit. They have been for at least two solid years. Now before they got called out they took liberties. But it was not all the working class, it was mostly the rich connected guys that cheated on taxes etc...
Get real. What pushed this vote over the top was the immigration blame game. The countries in the EU in trouble got slammed.

pgardn
06-24-2016, 11:07 AM

And stop sending drunken fool football fans to countries that have just had terror attacks.

hater
06-24-2016, 11:12 AM
:lmao stupid cliffjumpers thinking this is the end of the world :lol

pgardn
06-24-2016, 11:13 AM
“Brexit Cliff Notes”.

European Union consists of many countries…Hard working productive folks from Germany & the UK constantly prop up less productive nations like Portugal & Greece…The EU has increased the wealth & strengthened the buying power of the upper middle class & the wealthy…The lower working middle class has been left behind…With open borders the lower working middle class competes with cheap labor not to mention higher crime due to the type of folks that can come & go as they please…Working folk would like to take their country back, have borders & strong vetting for immigrants….This scares the wealthy & now dthat “Brexit” has passed they will do their best to dog pile misery on the working lower middle class…

Hello Donald...

CavsSuperFan
06-24-2016, 11:15 AM
With the money Germany as given to bail out the EU they got to be very pissed at Brexit...:lol

leemajors
06-24-2016, 11:16 AM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/nigel-farage-admits-his-bold-brexit-claim-was-mistake

As Britain awoke on Friday to the news that it had voted in favor of withdrawing from the European Union, voters were introduced to their new reality with a stunning admission from Nigel Farage, the pro-Brexit advocate who leads the U.K. Independence Party. Farage said that the Vote Leave campaign's signature pledge—that leaving the European Union would allow for £350 million to be spent on the U.K.'s National Health Service—was a "mistake."

Farage's mea culpa was made during an appearance on Good Morning Britain, where he was asked if he could continue supporting that promise after the campaign to extract the United Kingdom from the European Union had succeeded.

"No I can't, and I would have never made that claim," Farage said. "It was one of the mistakes I think the 'leave' campaign made"

pgardn
06-24-2016, 11:17 AM
:lmao stupid cliffjumpers thinking this is the end of the world :lol

Shits about to get real Putin blowhard claiming he sees posts forecasting the end of the world... Where?

All this is going to do is hurt the EU and Britain economically. They just presented a case they will cut of trade to each other. So they all get poorer. It's stupid.

baseline bum
06-24-2016, 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

hater
06-24-2016, 12:14 PM
"renegotiate every trade agreement for the benefit of the county" - Donald Trump

The world is following suit. GOAT tbh

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 12:16 PM
This sounds like denial to me.

Their market is plummeting. Already down something like 12%.

I guess you missed the "initial turmoil" part. The EU is fucked. They can try to punish the UK with bad trade deals which will hurt them just as much as the UK and further weaken the EU. Or they can negotiate favorable trade deals with the UK and prove that there is no downside to leaving the EU.

Clipper Nation
06-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Hold this L, libtards. Turns out nobody with a brain in their head wants open borders no matter how hard you guys try to shove it down everyone's throats.

Drachen
06-24-2016, 12:31 PM
This doesn't mean all trade wil stop. Actually most wont

You're right, and in order to continue that trade, Britain will still be subject to the same regulations, only it'll cost more now

baseline bum
06-24-2016, 12:32 PM
Trump is like the Memphis Grizzlies of politicians

hater
06-24-2016, 12:49 PM
Trump is like the Memphis Grizzlies of politicians

Yup only severe injuries or death can stop him :lol

hater
06-24-2016, 12:52 PM
You're right, and in order to continue that trade, Britain will still be subject to the same regulations, only it'll cost more now

They will renegotiate the trades on their terms and for the benefit of their people and not the corrupt political elite. Just like Trump will. Good for them.

And if EU doesn't like the deal they can go fuck themselves. Britain like the US will just find otherttade partners.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Why don't you back your shit up and show where I said that?

Since you brought it up, however, they are all contributing factors to the ultimate domino effect. The strong EU economies are getting drug down by the weak economies. At some point the citizens of Germany and France are going to say "enough".

Funny you mention "domino effect"... more hilarious, you posted this pretty much exactly 5 years ago:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181816

Don't forget to warn us again in 2021 how the "EU is going to implode in the next 5 years", due to the "domino effect" of some crisis du jour... :lol

baseline bum
06-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Yup only severe injuries or death can stop him :lol

They were pretty healthy when Parker shoved that broomstick up their ass tbh

Splits
06-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Funny you mention "domino effect"... more hilarious, you posted this pretty much exactly 5 years ago:

Don't forget to warn us again in 2021 how the "EU is going to implode in the next 5 years", due to the "domino effect" of some crisis du jour... :lol

:lmao

Damn, EN going IN

Trill Clinton
06-24-2016, 01:05 PM

Dammit man

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 01:12 PM

Throw the damn towel

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Dude...I posted an article about the EU. I didn't write it.

That being said...I do think that the people in Germany and France are going to get tired of supporting the weak EU members forever.

If you think differently thats fine too.

Warlord23
06-24-2016, 01:43 PM

That being said...I do think that the people in Germany and France are going to get tired of supporting the weak EU members forever.

You're 100% misguided. Germany makes out like a bandit because of the EU and the single currency zone. If the other poorer European countries were not in the Eurozone, they could devalue their respective currencies and make their exports more competitive. If these countries were not in the EU, they would not have to conform to regulations designed primarily by Germany and the richer European nations.

As it stands, Germany runs a massive trade surplus with the rest of the EU. Its exporters will continue to dominate Europe. There is little chance for a Greek or Portuguese company to compete without the ability for these countries to devalue their currency and/or cut regulation.

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 02:01 PM

So you're saying that 5 years ago CC predicted an EU domino would fall in the next 5 years and it didn't happen yesterday?

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 02:07 PM
"3. Yes, Donald Trump Is Ecstatic -- For Now

There are two lines of thoughts on this:

The first is to note this data point, reported by Politico (http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/playbook/2016/06/guest-host-politico-europes-ryan-heath-special-brexit-edition-brexquake-cameron-resigns-trump-in-scotland-i-think-its-a-great-thing-its-a-fantastic-thing-214997):

“66% people who left school at 16 voted for Leave.

71% of those with university degrees voted to Remain.”

Hence, if the U.S. has a similar proportion of more educated versus less educated, and they vote in similar ways as the Brits just did, it could benefit Trump.

The second involves a bit of reflexivity: If Brexit turns out to be the disaster it looks like it will be, and people come to understand that foolish actions have consequences, then the result could be a move against someone who is seen as a chaos (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/the-re-re-re-re-reboot-of-trump/488516/) candidate (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264429-jeb-to-trump-happy-new-year-chaos-candidate)."

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-24/eight-consequences-of-the-u-k-s-vote

Ignignokt
06-24-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm so happy you Pozz'd hebrew cornhole lickers are so mad and dower.

No one wants to become a caliphate and a bitch for goldman sachs, except for third world leftist, parasites, and crypto heebs like croutons.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 02:21 PM
So you're saying that 5 years ago CC predicted an EU domino would fall in the next 5 years and it didn't happen yesterday?

The demise of the EU has been predicted (and to be fair, by more than just CC) since basically it was created. Every time there's some sort of crisis, back come the naysayers with more predictions, that, generally speaking, are really unfounded.

A hard look at the EU since it's inception shows a very strong group of countries reaping the benefits of strength in numbers, which is what trading blocks are all about. It's clear this goes against certain dogma of pseudo-"economic freedom", but the reality is that we live in a world where that dogma doesn't really exists, and for the most part, hasn't existed for decades now.

Every time there's a crisis, suddenly "it's the beginning of the end" and the "first domino to fall" for the EU, but it's based on basically wishful thinking more than anything concrete.

It's about time the naysayers actually acknowledge the EU has been a very resilient group and they've been factually wrong for a long time. I suppose one day they might be right, but the prediction have been nothing but hubris, and there's no reason to think this isn't more of the same. It's easy to drop the "Well, it doesn't matter because the EU will be done within 5 years anyways". I guess it's harder to admit you already played that card and you were wrong.

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm so happy you Pozz'd hebrew cornhole lickers are so mad and dower.

No one wants to become a caliphate and a bitch for goldman sachs, except for third world leftist, parasites, and crypto heebs like croutons.

... spoke nlike a true, low-wage, low-info, low-education Trash supporter.

BigFinance has already fucked you so hard and you didn't even notice (that's their evil brilliance)

Ignignokt
06-24-2016, 02:25 PM
... spoke nlike a true, low-wage, low-info, low-education Trash supporter.

BigFinance has already fucked you so hard and you didn't even notice (that's their evil brilliance)

Your candidate Shitlery is a BigFinance whore. Dance and flex your ass for Goldman Sachs you little whore. Your mother must be proud!

ElNono
06-24-2016, 02:26 PM

You wrote the thread title, which really says everything you think about this.

We had this conversation already during the Greek crisis, where you kept saying (paraphrasing) that Germany was going to get tired of bailing Greece out and that was going to end the EU.

At some point, you need to acknowledge that the EU happens to be a much stronger and resilient block that you thought they were, let that sink in, and stop predicting their demise every 5 years.

Ignignokt
06-24-2016, 02:26 PM
The demise of the EU has been predicted (and to be fair, by more than just CC) since basically it was created. Every time there's some sort of crisis, back come the naysayers with more predictions, that, generally speaking, are really unfounded.

A hard look at the EU since it's inception shows a very strong group of countries reaping the benefits of strength in numbers, which is what trading blocks are all about. It's clear this goes against certain dogma of pseudo-"economic freedom", but the reality is that we live in a world where that dogma doesn't really exists, and for the most part, hasn't existed for decades now.

Every time there's a crisis, suddenly "it's the beginning of the end" and the "first domino to fall" for the EU, but it's based on basically wishful thinking more than anything concrete.

It's about time the naysayers actually acknowledge the EU has been a very resilient group and they've been factually wrong for a long time. I suppose one day they might be right, but the prediction have been nothing but hubris, and there's no reason to think this isn't more of the same. It's easy to drop the "Well, it doesn't matter because the EU will be done within 5 years anyways". I guess it's harder to admit you already played that card and you were wrong.

Nobody gives a shit. No one wants to turn France into Tunisia. That matters alot more than feigned economic benefits.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 02:29 PM

All I know is I made $1000 since this morning on Brexit over reaction on the market. I sold a stock at .60 Monday, bought it back this morning at .50 and it's at .55 this afternoon.

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 02:33 PM

Well ok I guess.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Nobody gives a shit. No one wants to turn France into Tunisia. That matters alot more than feigned economic benefits.

I don't care what you give a shit about. The EU isn't going anywhere. Neither France or Germany have indicated they want to move away from it. Until there's further news, the EU will keep on being the EU.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Well ok I guess.

So you're also predicting the EU will be disbanded within the next 5 years? :lol

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 02:37 PM
All I know is I made $1000 since this morning on Brexit over reaction on the market. I sold a stock at .60 Monday, bought it back this morning at .50 and it's at .55 this afternoon.

I saw an investor dude on tv the other day saying many of his clients were liquidating their investments but moving more money into their investments accounts. In other words, they were preparing for a buying opportunity. I suspect we'll see a rapid recovery.

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 02:39 PM
So you're also predicting the EU will be disbanded within the next 5 years? :lol

I wouldn't put a time frame on it but the EU is fucked. I could be wrong, maybe everything is as rosy as you seem to think.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 02:45 PM
I don't care what you give a shit about. The EU isn't going anywhere. Neither France or Germany have indicated they want to move away from it. Until there's further news, the EU will keep on being the EU.

Marine Le Pen says Hi!

ElNono
06-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Marie Le Pen says Hi!

There's always politicians that want this or that. We have Trump, for example. That's not the same as an actual country's voice.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 02:57 PM
There's always politicians that want this or that. We have Trump, for example. That's not the same as an actual country's voice.

In France, the risk is more immediate. The ultra-nationalist, anti-E.U. Front National has remained mainly on the political fringes since Jean-Marie Le Pen founded the party in 1972. Following a flirtation with greater influence when Le Pen reached the second round of presidential voting in 2002, the party fell on hard times. It gained new life once his daughter Marine took over in 2011. The younger Le Pen pivoted from overt anti-Semitism and other right-wing populist ideas to a more streamlined (and logically consistent) anti-immigration, anti-Islam and anti-E.U. platform.

The party went from 0.1% of the vote in 2007 to 3.7 percent of the vote in 2012 as the Euro financial crisis took hold. Today it is polling solidly in the 20’s range; Marine Le Pen is now a leading presidential hopeful with 28 percent of the projected vote. Given France’s two-round presidential system, which favor mainstream parties, few analysts believe she will become president, but her influence on French politics is clearly on the rise.

That’s a concern for Brussels, since Le Pen dubbed herself ‘Madame Frexit’ and has promised the French people a referendum on E.U. membership should she come to power. At the moment, 55 percent of French citizens say they want a vote; 41 percent say they would vote ‘Leave.’ Demand for a referendum appears to be growing in a number of E.U. member states.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/23/europe-brexit-next/

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 02:57 PM

From what I've heard on the news today, the polling has shown a greater desire to leave the EU in France than there was in the UK.

I'm don't want to get into an argument about who's the better psychic but your sounding a lot like John McCain saying "the economy is sound" as it was collapsing in front of him.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't put a time frame on it but the EU is fucked. I could be wrong, maybe everything is as rosy as you seem to think.

I don't know if it's rosy or not, I'm just pointing out that the whole "EU is fucked" meme has been predicted ad-nauseum for a long ass time and they're still there.

It's like the guys that predict every 5 years that the world will end "within the next 5 years"... amusing...

ElNono
06-24-2016, 03:02 PM
http://fortune.com/2016/06/23/europe-brexit-next/

Didn't Le Pen get bitchslapped 6 months ago? I mean, the French vote regularly, if they wanted out of the EU, they'll be out by now.

SnakeBoy
06-24-2016, 03:13 PM
I don't know if it's rosy or not, I'm just pointing out that the whole "EU is fucked" meme has been predicted ad-nauseum for a long ass time and they're still there.

It's like the guys that predict every 5 years that the world will end "within the next 5 years"... amusing...

I'm just saying that when you see Brits jumping off of a ship screaming "It's going to sink" that maybe they know what they're talking about.

Ignignokt
06-24-2016, 03:20 PM

I don't give a shit about your passion for the EU, go finger your culo to it for all i care.

Ignignokt
06-24-2016, 03:25 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/the-brexit-contagion-how-france-italy-and-the-netherlands-now-wa/

ElNono
06-24-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm just saying that when you see Brits jumping off of a ship screaming "It's going to sink" that maybe they know what they're talking about.

It's more like a tantrum. The Brits weren't even a full fledged member anyways, keeping their currency, making demands to the EU. And let's not pretend this was a landslide either, about half the Brits thought the ship was not just fine but was a lifeboat.

This might actually not be all that bad for the EU in the long term. If the Brits eventually change their minds, they might need to go all in next time.

ElNono
06-24-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't give a shit about your passion for the EU, go finger your culo to it for all i care.

I have zero interest in what happens to the EU. My comment was geared towards the perennial doomsayers.

Th'Pusher
06-24-2016, 03:46 PM

It was the uneducated Brits who'd been deeply affected by the shift in manufacturing away from the UK that were jumping off screaming. Educated Brits largely thought the ship was doing just fine.

angrydude
06-24-2016, 04:15 PM
This is a great day for liberty. You can have international trade without a world government which is the point of the EU.

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 04:20 PM
world government which is the point of the EU.

:lol Holy shit, you rightwingnuts never end self-indicting yourselves as dumbshits.

hater
06-24-2016, 04:41 PM

Trump will rule your world for the next 8 years

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 04:49 PM
“The results of the ‪#‎Brexit‬ referendum should serve as a wake-up call for internationalist bureaucrats from Brussels to Washington, D.C. that some free nations still wish to preserve their national sovereignty,” Cruz wrote. […]

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), an occasional Cruz ally who has become the Senate’s biggest booster of Donald Trump, had an even more supportive reaction.

He did, indeed. The far-right Alabaman, arguably Trump’s closest congressional ally, issued a lengthy statement (http://www.sessions.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/news-releases?ID=C55023D7-0A87-4485-9A80-65D6AA0121E6) with an all-caps headline that read, “Now it’s America’s turn.”

. Sarah Palin (R) published a bizarre online harangue (https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/photos/a.10150723283643588.424640.24718773587/10154310627508588/?type=3) that began, “When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another. The UK knew – it was that time. And now is that time in the USA. The Brexit referendum is akin to our own Declaration of Independence. May that refreshed spirit of sovereignty spread over the pond to America’s shores!”

Palin went on to complain about “globalists who tend to aim for that apocalyptic One World Government that dissolves a nation’s self-determination and sovereignty… the EU being a One World Government mini-me.” She added – again, in all seriousness – concerns about “UN shackles.”

It’s all quite persuasive, isn’t it? In fact, I’m now convinced: the United States should definitely leave the European Union.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/republicans-think-its-americas-turn-brexit-our-own?cid=sm_fb_maddow

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 05:06 PM
"According to YouGov polling before the referendum result, 64% of under-25s said they wanted the UK to remain. With a life expectancy for that generation of 90, younger voters have approximately eight more decades to live compared with the voters who most favoured leaving, the over 65s."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/young-remain-voters-came-out-in-force-but-were-outgunned

old vs young

educated vs not

poor vs not

Exactly like USA.

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 05:08 PM
"According to YouGov polling before the referendum result, 64% of under-25s said they wanted the UK to remain. With a life expectancy for that generation of 90, younger voters have approximately eight more decades to live compared with the voters who most favoured leaving, the over 65s."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/young-remain-voters-came-out-in-force-but-were-outgunned

old vs young

educated vs not

poor vs not

Exactly like USA.

I thought it was the 1% keeping you down, loser.

boutons_deux
06-24-2016, 05:12 PM
The British are frantically Googling what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/files/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-24-at-09.00.52.jpg

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/files/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-24-at-09.01.09.jpg

The run-up to the vote was marked by a bitterly divided campaign, one that was as much about immigration fears (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/immigration-backlash-at-the-heart-of-british-push-to-leave-the-eu/2016/05/22/db54ad60-1c27-11e6-82c2-a7dcb313287d_story.html) as it was about the global economy.

But despite the all-out attempts by either side to court voters, Britons were not only mystified by what would happen if they left the E.U.— many seemed not to even know what the European Union is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/

Just like the VRWC/Repugs, the UK "Leavers" exploited the profound ignorance of the electorate.

"immigration" ? Thanks, Repugs and BigOil

ducks
06-24-2016, 05:18 PM
boutons do the democrats do no wrong?

CosmicCowboy
06-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Bookaki has a selective memory.

4wyCBF5CsCA

ElNono
06-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Trump will rule your world for the next 8 years

I've had worse, tbh... I'll survive.

Winehole23
06-24-2016, 06:18 PM
It was the uneducated Brits who'd been deeply affected by the shift in manufacturing away from the UK that were jumping off screaming. Educated Brits largely thought the ship was doing just fine.In democracies everyone gets to vote, not just enlightened technocrats who know better, and just got thumped by their (putative) intellectual lessers.

Lesson: the ruling class ignores the great unwashed at its own peril.

Perhaps posh City of London types would've done better to understand -- or even address -- the anxieties and hardships of their under-credentialled countrymen, who, despite their appalling ignorance and gruesomely parochial tastes are, after all, fellow citizens with votes that count just as much.

Winehole23
06-24-2016, 06:54 PM
http://www.theonion.com/article/americans-confused-system-government-which-leader--53156

Winehole23
06-24-2016, 06:55 PM
As Britain awoke on Friday to the news that it had voted in favor of withdrawing from the European Union (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/britain-brexit-leaves-european-union), voters were introduced to their new reality with a stunning admission from Nigel Farage, the pro-Brexit advocate who leads the U.K. Independence Party. Farage said that the Vote Leave campaign's signature pledge—that leaving the European Union would allow for £350 million to be spent on the U.K.'s National Health Service—was a "mistake."

Farage's mea culpa was made during an appearance on Good Morning Britain, where he was asked if he could continue supporting that promise after the campaign to extract the United Kingdom from the European Union had succeeded.

"No I can't, and I would have never made that claim," Farage said. "It was one of the mistakes I think the 'leave' campaign made"

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/nigel-farage-admits-his-bold-brexit-claim-was-mistake

Winehole23
06-24-2016, 07:02 PM
The technocratic administration of policy in the EU is obtuse to the average Briton or Italian or Frenchman. They viewed democracy the way most people view mosquito bites, as a nuisance rather than a collective voice worth listening to. Euroskepticism grew amid this neglect. For all the talk of burdensome migration, Leave did best in rural communities (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-live-results-and-analysis) with few, if any, immigrants.http://prospect.org/article/whos-blame-brexit-elites

Winehole23
06-24-2016, 07:05 PM
Nationalism can be ugly. But so can rule from a secret chamber abroad, for the benefit of corporations. The post-World War II social order has failed too many, and people are desperate for an alternative. As much as the toxicity of right-wing populism is driving this disruption, ultimately the blame must be laid at the feet of those who bungled the European project so completely.

TeyshaBlue
06-24-2016, 07:27 PM
In democracies everyone gets to vote, not just enlightened technocrats who know better, and just got thumped by their (putative) intellectual lessers.

Perhaps posh City of London types would've done better to understand -- or even address -- the anxieties and hardships of their under-credentialled countrymen, who, despite their appalling ignorance and gruesomely parochial tastes are, after all, fellow citizens with votes that count just as much.

Word. :tu

spurraider21
06-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Bookaki has a selective memory.

4wyCBF5CsCA
Not really booboo hates shillary. She's just not as bad as trump

pgardn
06-24-2016, 08:20 PM
In democracies everyone gets to vote, not just enlightened technocrats who know better, and just got thumped by their (putative) intellectual lessers.

That is their own party's fault. Labour. The ones who supposedly look out for the unwashed.

And they are going to feel it the most. The posh Londoners switch to less expensive caviar. True democracy works best with educated citizens. Everyone will take a hit in the pocketbook. The great unwashed will feel it the most. Ignorance and xenophobia work best for Despots, Monarchs and Tyrants. And these great unwashed in the UK are not truly poor. This was not some obscure African Nation. But by golly if one wants to drag the entire UK down the real path to despotic rule, this was a decent start.

They will be fine IMO, but the hurt they will feel in the interim was entirely unnecessary.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Pro-Remain supporters are so noisy on Twitter while their Leave counterparts, who won the vote, aren't as heard on social media. Just tells you the demographic of the voters.

I do think everyone will adjust, get along, and this will auto-correct in due time... Everyone's just fuckin freaking out because Britain actually did what everyone thought as unthinkable.

The British branded the Titanic as the Unsinkable and look where it ended up.

Clipper Nation
06-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Pro-Remain supporters are so noisy on Twitter while their Leave counterparts, who won the vote, aren't as heard on social media. Just tells you the demographic of the voters.
It really shows that Twitter is an echo chamber for young far-leftists - a safe space that allows them to lose sight of the fact that their views are the minority opinion in the real world.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2016, 11:32 PM
It really shows that Twitter is an echo chamber for young far-leftists - a safe space that allows them to lose sight of the fact that their views are the minority opinion in the real world.

Not exactly minority, because they lost by 3%, but yeah it's true that Social Media is an echo chamber for the far-leftists. It's okay at first, but then it becomes annoying and nauseating once they become self-righteous, entitled and condescending to anyone who disagrees with their opinion. I've muted a lot of far-left friends because of this behaviour. They tend to 'debate' people who disgaree with their stand, and then they start resorting to insults and condescending language once the opposing resistance grows stronger and sturdier.

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 06:14 AM
Page, at Ipsos MORI agreed. The Leave vote was likely fueled by

"older, working class people with no education, who are fed up of life, fed up of the way Britain is going and they used the referendum to punish politicians."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/brexit-referendum/britain-s-brexit-how-baby-boomers-defeated-millennials-historic-vote-n598481?cid=sm_fb_lastword

Which parallels older, white people "revolting" against the Repug establishment by nominating Trash.

Older, white, low-pay, low-education, low-info, connable people in both countries:

"we're fucked in the present, our whole lives actually, and are willing to fuck over the future for the younger people".

The con job: Brexit and Trash won't fix shit in either country. The BigFinance/BigCorp/establishment/oligarchy/1% will continue to rule both countries.

The shit really hit the fan with "evil twins" St Ronnie the Diseased and Margaret Thatcher in the 80s.

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 06:39 AM
Texas Secessionists Say #Texit! and We’ll Try Not to Cheer Too Much

"If Trump fails #Texit seems to be our best remedy." So the best remedy for sanity is insanity. Okay, GOP, we get that.

Never mind that the United States Constitution forbids it: Inspired by Brexit, the Texas Nationalist Movement (https://www.facebook.com/texasnatmov/?fref=ts) wants to #Texit.

Just as Donald Trump failed to realize Scotland did not vote to leave the EU, Daniel Miller, president of the TNM, doesn’t seem to realize that not only do most Texansnot want to leave the Union (http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/Texas-secession-resolution-passes-GOP-committee-6676280.php), but they couldn’t if they wanted to.Miller irrelevantly lamented to news.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/texas-nationalist-movement-wants-state-to-leave-us/news-story/a183385d5b505e19450801937a3b12b5),

“The vast majority of the laws, rules and regulations that affect the people of Texas are created by the political class or unelected bureaucrats in Washington.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/24/texas-secessionists-texit-cheer-much.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 07:36 AM
British Exit From EU Not Inevitable, Despite Referendum (https://theintercept.com/2016/06/24/british-exit-eu-still-not-inevitable-despite-referendum/)

one declaration was notably absent: the formal notification to the EU that the United Kingdom intends to leave the organization, which is required to start the clock on negotiations for a departure.

an exit would not happen soon, as he intended to resign in three months and leave it to his successor to decide “when to trigger Article 50″ of the union’s basic agreement, the Lisbon Treaty, which says that a member state has two years after declaring its desire to leave to negotiate the terms of its exit.

“In voting to leave the EU, it is vital to stress that there is no need for haste,” Johnson said, “and indeed, as the prime minister has just said, nothing will change over the short term, except that work will have to begin on how to give effect to the will of the people and to extricate this country from the supranational system.”

Given that the popular mandate his side had just won was summed up in a single word on the backdrop behind him, “Leave,” it seemed odd that Johnson made no mention of the fastest way to get that process started, by pressing for an immediate Article 50 declaration.

The reason could be that Johnson has something very different in mind: a negotiated compromise that would preserve most of the benefits of EU membership for British citizens and businesses but still satisfy the popular will to escape the attendant responsibilities and costs.

In this context, it is important to keep two things in mind.

First, it was Johnson himself who suggested, when he joined the Leave campaign in February, that a vote to depart could be used as a stick to negotiate not a full departure from the EU, but a better deal for the UK. “There is only one way to get the change we need, and that is to vote to go, because all EU history shows that they only really listen to a population when it says ‘No,'” Johnson wrote then (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/03/16/boris-johnson-exclusive-there-is-only-one-way-to-get-the-change/). “It is time to seek a new relationship, in which we manage to extricate ourselves from most of the supranational elements.”

Second, as the legal blogger David Allen Green has explained clearly (http://jackofkent.com/2016/06/five-legal-points-about-the-leave-victory/),

the measure Britons just voted for “was an advisory not a mandatory referendum,” meaning that it is not legally binding on the government.

No matter who the prime minister is, he or she is not required by the outcome to trigger Article 50.

And, despite what senior figures in the EU and its other states might say, there is no way for them to force the UK to invoke Article 50.

https://twitter.com/DavidAllenGreen/status/746333604616245248/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

there is some wiggle room for a new government to try to find a compromise arrangement that would satisfy a larger share of the population than just the slim majority of voters who demanded separation.

Johnson did not have to go far to get a sense of the seething outrage in parts of the country, like London, that voted overwhelmingly against leaving. Walking out of his home on Friday, Johnson was booed and jeered by some of his neighbors, who chanted, “scum” and “traitor.”

“about 160 of the 650 MPs elected last year want Britain to leave the EU. The overwhelming majority of Westminster MPs believes that leaving would be a mistake. Many believe it would be a very grave mistake. Not a few believe it would be calamitous.”

Given that a two-thirds majority of the current Parliament opposes leaving the EU, Parris suggested, a new general election next year was almost inevitable, further delaying even the start of the process.

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/24/british-exit-eu-still-not-inevitable-despite-referendum/

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 07:39 AM
That is their own party's fault. Labour. The ones who supposedly look out for the unwashed.

And they are going to feel it the most. The posh Londoners switch to less expensive caviar. True democracy works best with educated citizens. Everyone will take a hit in the pocketbook. The great unwashed will feel it the most. Ignorance and xenophobia work best for Despots, Monarchs and Tyrants. And these great unwashed in the UK are not truly poor. This was not some obscure African Nation. But by golly if one wants to drag the entire UK down the real path to despotic rule, this was a decent start.

They will be fine IMO, but the hurt they will feel in the interim was entirely unnecessary.path to despotic rule, or they will be fine -- please pick a lane.

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 07:40 AM
Brexit campaign, like US Repug xenophobic campaigns, based on a HUGE LIE

Nigel Farage: £350 million pledge to fund the NHS was 'a mistake'

Nigel Farage has admitted that it was a "mistake" to promise that £350million a week would be spent on the NHS if the UK backed a Brexit vote.

Speaking just an hour after the Leave vote was confirmed the Ukip leader said the money could not be guaranteed and claimed he would never have made the promise in the first place.

The pledge was central to the official Vote Leave campaign and was controversially emblazoned on the side of the bus which shuttled Boris Johnson and Michael Gove around the country.

Campaigners promised to use the money the UK reportedly sends to the EU to fund the health service instead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

:lol NOW, AFTER WINNING, Farage said it was a big lie. :lol

MISTAKE! :lol

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 08:11 AM
polls on who voted and why:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/#more-14746

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 08:20 AM
That is their own party's fault. Labour. The ones who supposedly look out for the unwashed.Much like the Dems, their policies have long since left the working class behind and sing to the tune of corporate power. Labour is the party of metropolitans and professionals.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Bootards lining up alongside the banks, financial sector and large multinationals he claims to hate, while Nigel Farage and future prime minister Boris Johnson are busy Making Britain Great Again.

:lol Today's liberals

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 08:26 AM
CN quick to give political charlatans credit for what the people did

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 09:03 AM
CN quick to give political charlatans credit for what the people did

the old, white, poor, uneducated people only "advised", the referendum result isn't mandatory. The Financial oligarchs will prevail. UK ain't going nowhere.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2016, 09:33 AM
the old, white, poor, uneducated people only "advised", the referendum result isn't mandatory. The Financial oligarchs will prevail. UK ain't going nowhere.
You and Goldman Sachs, shoulder-to-shoulder.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Also, :lol at the :cry "it's not mandatory!" :cry excuse that the left is grasping for. Cameron is stepping down and the EU wants Britain out ASAP. There's a lot of paperwork and red tape involved in leaving that they have to get started on soon. Backing out now would be political suicide.

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 09:37 AM
You and Goldman Sachs, shoulder-to-shoulder.

CN, totally fucked up take, as usual.

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 09:38 AM
"EU wants Britain out ASAP"

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 09:39 AM
takes two years under Article 50 to exit the EU. Cameron won't invoke it, as promised. this leaves wiggle room.

Clipper Nation
06-25-2016, 09:42 AM
^ Goldman Sachs approves this message. ^

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 09:44 AM
AEP:

The pro-Remain group TheCityUK already has a plan to limit the damage, insisting that the City can prosper outside the EU, provided the post-Brexit government launches a bonfire of red-tape, keeps the door open to foreign talent, and takes the lead in the G20, the IMF, the global Financial Stability Board and the Basel Committee.

They want unfettered access to the EU single market and passporting rights for the City, and this means either pushing for the Norway option of the European Economic Area (EEA), or a hybrid variant.

This safe-exit is a compromise, and an olive-branch to the EU since we would continue paying into the EU budget and accepting the EU Acquis. It would last until we have negotiated our bilateral trade deals with the rest of the world. It also means accepting the free flow of EU migrants for a while. This is incendiary, of course.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/24/the-sky-has-not-fallen-after-brexit-but-we-face-years-of-hard-la/

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 09:45 AM
This referendum was never a fight between Britain and Europe, as so widely depicted. It was the first episode of a pan-Europe uprising against the Caesaropapism of the EU Project and its technocrat priesthood. It will not be the last.

Warlord23
06-25-2016, 10:16 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/24/there-will-be-some-short-term-pain-but--brexit-will-make-us-rich/

In all likelihood, the next British government will go out of its way to keep free trade and the flow of talented migrants unfettered - via a Norway-style agreement in the interim and new trade deals negotiated in parallel. They will do what it takes to keep London's access to the European markets. What they may not be as quick to replace are some of the EU's labor-friendly laws.

The rubes who voted to "take our country back" will figure out eventually that the Europeans in the UK will not be deported, immigration will remain around current levels, the UK will continue to pay structural funds into the EU, the steel industry will not rise from the ashes, the government won't spend more money on health and welfare services, etc. But hey, at least they got a chance to celebrate like England had won the World Cup.

Warlord23
06-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Meet the new bosses, same as the old bosses

N34e3owwcxs

Clipper Nation
06-25-2016, 10:30 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/24/there-will-be-some-short-term-pain-but--brexit-will-make-us-rich/

In all likelihood, the next British government will go out of its way to keep free trade and the flow of talented migrants unfettered - via a Norway-style agreement in the interim and new trade deals negotiated in parallel. They will do what it takes to keep London's access to the European markets. What they may not be as quick to replace are some of the EU's labor-friendly laws.

The rubes who voted to "take our country back" will figure out eventually that the Europeans in the UK will not be deported, immigration will remain around current levels, the UK will continue to pay structural funds into the EU, the steel industry will not rise from the ashes, the government won't spend more money on health and welfare services, etc. But hey, at least they got a chance to celebrate like England had won the World Cup.
And here we see the left reaching the bargaining stage of the grief cycle.

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Tories were and still are fractured over this. It isn't a clean left/right split.

Warlord23
06-25-2016, 10:37 AM
And here we see the left reaching the bargaining stage of the grief cycle.

I'm merely posting what the Telegraph (which backed Brexit) and Dan Hannan (one of the leading faces of Brexit) are saying. They are the ones who are now keen to explain what they meant when they said "leave".

You probably consider 90% of the planet as "left", as is common with most wing nuts. I almost want Trump to win and the same thing to happen in the US - although I'm sure you'll still line up to fellate Trump even if he doesn't build a wall or deport anyone.

Warlord23
06-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Tories were and still are fractured over this. It isn't a clean left/right split.

True - and left/right in the UK is nothing like it is in the US. Tory policies are much closer to the Dems than the Republicans. The Tory government increased the minimum wage and legalized gay marriage - something almost no Republican lawmaker will support.

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 10:43 AM
for CN it's all about tribal loyalty. reality is much more complex than his simple minded allegiance to propaganda from one side.

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 10:47 AM
he's so blinded he thinks that his opinion represents unimpeachable rightist orthodoxy and that, therefore, anyone who disagrees with him must be an odious liberal.

it ain't so.

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Larison:

The EU’s multiple failures over the last decade also contributed to driving an already Euroskeptic country out the door. The creation of the euro was a major blunder, and the destructive policies that EU leaders forced on other member states for the sake of the eurozone compounded the original error. The Lisbon treaty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lisbon) process confirmed that the EU would continue its centralizing tendencies without regard for what voters thought about that (and it also provided the mechanism that the U.K. will now use to leave the EU). Merkel’s response to the migration crisis was almost perfectly designed to generate anti-EU sentiment. British voters could see what the EU had done to other member states in these crises, and many reasonably concluded that at some point it could do similar things to them. Because the EU has no meaningful political accountability to correct these errors and was never going to have any, leaving seemed to be the best option.http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/why-did-britain-vote-to-leave/

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Forget about Federal Reserve tightening this summer. In the aftermath of the U.K. referendum, the market is implying higher odds of a rate cut than a hike.

The pricing on federal funds futures contracts currently imply a 10 percent probability that the Fed will reduce interest rates in July (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-24/brexit-s-implications-for-yellen-s-fed-come-with-a-timeline), with a zero percent chance of a hike. Zip. In fact, implied probabilities signal that all the way through February 2017, looser policy is more likely than a continuation of the central bank's tightening phase.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-24/july-may-be-back-on-the-table-at-the-fed-for-a-rate-cut

hater
06-25-2016, 12:29 PM
:lmao at the crybaby toothless Brit liberals crying and requesting another referendum :lmao

Stop crying and move on bitches. The real Brits rook their country back. If there is another referendum and stay wins somehow there will be blood on the streets

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 12:37 PM
"Caesaropapism of the EU Project and its technocrat priesthood."

aka, an (unaccountable) oligarchy.

boutons_deux
06-25-2016, 02:23 PM
People who think multiculturalism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by an 81-19 margin.

People who think social liberalism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by an 80-20 margin.

People who think feminism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by a 74-26 margin.

People who think the green movement – environmentalism — “is a force for ill” voted to leave by a 78-22 margin. No word on climate change deniers specifically, but one can certainly speculate.

In other words, leave was given a big boost by the British equivalent of Breitbart readers.

The older you are, the more likely you were to vote leave.

White voters supported Brexiting by a 53-47 margin, while

two-thirds of Asians and three-quarters of blacks voted to Bremain.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/sorry-but-i-have-no-sympathy-for-old-england-first-cranks-and-soccer-hooligans/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Blizzardwizard
06-25-2016, 05:04 PM
he's so blinded he thinks that his opinion represents unimpeachable rightist orthodoxy and that, therefore, anyone who disagrees with him must be an odious liberal.

it ain't so.

:wow

Blizzardwizard
06-25-2016, 05:10 PM
I've almost wanted to claw my TV down when I see people who said today, "I voted leave, but I didn't actually think it would happen and now I've changed my mind" or "I voted leave, but I wish I was more informed about the effects on both sides of the argument." Populism at it's finest.

Also intriguing that so many working class people voted for leave thinking they were leading some sort of revolution against the establishment, yet in fact they've just torn themselves away from the relatively liberal EU and led themselves down the path of the elitist ultra right wing neoconservatives i.e. Nigel Farage, Michael Gove and Boris Johnson, who now have complete control over the ruling government now that the neoliberal 'not as right wing as they are' PM Cameron is out.

Boris Johnson is the most likely PM replacement, a man who completely failed London as it's mayor, drove up housing prices and widened class and social divide in the city, before standing down and his supposed fellow conservative successor being absolutely annihilated in the mayoral election this year by the Labour candidate :lol

dbestpro
06-25-2016, 07:56 PM
Reading the posts here makes me wonder how far left is too far for a liberal, and how far right is too far for a conservative. Neither side seems to know when to brake.

pgardn
06-25-2016, 08:11 PM
path to despotic rule, or they will be fine -- please pick a lane.

They are not a poor African nation. They will survive.

But they unnecessarily made things very hard. It's BS saying listen closely to the ignorance in a country that has an educational system. Ie this ain't Afica... Easy. They chose to punish themselves. But it's ok, it makes sense, no one listened to the unclean. Was this a hunger strike? This was the point. You listen to us or we will hurt ourselves?
BS.

pgardn
06-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Larison:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/why-did-britain-vote-to-leave/

No one in the EU never ever claimed it was perfect, far from it. But the alternative... This did not stand for 60 years because it was a dysfunctional agreement. Far, far from it.

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 10:41 PM
it's not clear what you're responding to. some part of the article?

free association therefrom?

Winehole23
06-25-2016, 10:49 PM
the Euro is only 21 years old. the Lisbon Treaty 12 years.

pretending the EEC is somehow equivalent to a fully-fledged EU, with the Schengen Zone, an ever closer political union and a supranational bureaucracy in Brussels, and that it has all been around for 60 years -- is a bit of a stretch.

-

InRareForm
06-25-2016, 11:32 PM
Z0bmQHZ8PUs

#Brexit not about racism? (at:12:38)

Winehole23
06-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Germany wants to offer Britain associated partnership status with other European Union countries after its vote to leave the bloc, business daily Handelsblatt reported on Friday, citing a finance ministry strategy paper.https://www.yahoo.com/news/germany-wants-offer-britain-associated-partnership-eu-paper-115537153--business.html

boutons_deux
06-26-2016, 06:03 AM
Nicola Sturgeon says MSPs at Holyrood could veto Brexit

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has told the BBC that Holyrood could try to block the UK's exit from the EU.

She was speaking following a referendum on Thursday which saw Britain vote by 52% to 48% to leave Europe.

However, in Scotland the picture was different with 62% backing Remain and 38% wanting to go.

SNP leader Ms Sturgeon said that "of course" she would ask MSPs to refuse to give their "legislative consent".

In an interview with the BBC's Sunday Politics Scotland programme she was asked what the Scottish Parliament would do now.

Ms Sturgeon, whose party has 63 of the 129 Holyrood seats, said: "The issue you are talking about is would there have to be a legislative consent motion or motions for the legislation that extricates the UK from the European Union?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36633244

Since 2/3 of English parliament is against this "advisory" referendum, it sure looks like UK won't exit.

A bullshit false alarm.

boutons_deux
06-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Spike In Racism Reported After Brexit Vote, ‘We Voted Leave, It’s Time For You To Leave’

The first Muslim woman to serve in the British cabinet says that her country’s vote to leave the European Union triggered a spike in racist abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3660788/Divisive-xenophobic-campaign-spilling-streets--Baroness-Warsi.html).

http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/26112827/AP_535624208911-300x208.jpgBaroness Sayeeda Warsi

“I’ve spent most of the weekend talking to organisations, individuals and activists who work in the area of race hate crime, who monitor hate crime,” says Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, a former co-chair of the Conservative Party who served as Senior Minister of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs from 2012 until 2014.

“They have shown some really disturbing early results from people being stopped in the street and saying look, we voted Leave, it’s time for you to leave (http://www.itv.com/news/2016-06-26/warnings-xenophobic-brexit-campaign-has-spurred-a-surge-in-racism/).”

Baroness Warsi added that “they are saying this to individuals and families who have been here for three, four, five generations.”

It’s not particularly surprising that the Brexit vote appears to have emboldened racists, as Britain’s far right openly appealed to racism and xenophobia (http://thinkprogress.org/world/2016/06/24/3792224/brexit-far-right-europe/) during the lead up to this referendum:

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2016/06/26/3792767/spike-racism-reported-brexit-vote-voted-leave-time-leave/

You rightwingnut racists, xenophobes, bigots, Repug and Trash supporters have lots of "cousins" in the UK

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Interesting looking at the futures market for Monday...pound is up almost 10%, Euro up almost 3%.

Banks are getting slaughtered. Citi and Morgan Stanley down 9%.

boutons_deux
06-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Fuck the capitalists. There are 40M+ people on public assistance, a couple M homeless children.

boutons_deux
06-26-2016, 11:27 AM
LONDON — On Thursday, 56 percent of all voters in the southwestern county of Cornwall voted in favor of leaving the European Union. It was a decision supported (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html) by a majority of the county's members of Parliament.

But only one day later, Cornwall residents were asking, "What have we done?"

The county is heavily dependent on the more than 60 million British pounds ($82 million) in E.U. subsidies per year that are transferred to the region and that have helped finance infrastructure projects and education schemes.

Now, county officials are panicking — fearing the worst for the county's future and wondering why one of the most E.U.-dependent counties in Britain voted against the E.U. — and its money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/25/after-residents-voted-for-brexit-this-british-county-realized-the-e-u-might-stop-sending-them-money/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

typical ignorant, rural, conned, duped, suckered rightwingnuts, voting against their own best financial interests.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2016, 11:32 AM
LONDON — On Thursday, 56 percent of all voters in the southwestern county of Cornwall voted in favor of leaving the European Union. It was a decision supported (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html) by a majority of the county's members of Parliament.

But only one day later, Cornwall residents were asking, "What have we done?"

The county is heavily dependent on the more than 60 million British pounds ($82 million) in E.U. subsidies per year that are transferred to the region and that have helped finance infrastructure projects and education schemes.

Now, county officials are panicking — fearing the worst for the county's future and wondering why one of the most E.U.-dependent counties in Britain voted against the E.U. — and its money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/25/after-residents-voted-for-brexit-this-british-county-realized-the-e-u-might-stop-sending-them-money/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

typical ignorant, rural, conned, duped, suckered rightwingnuts, voting against their own best financial interests.

Typical Boutons Hyperbole. The UK contributes 8.5 BILLION Pounds more to the EU than they get back from the EU.

https://fullfact.org/media/uploads/UK%20payments%20to%20EU%20budget%20since%201973.pn g

hater
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
New world order getting fucked raw. Thanks to Trump and our compatriot Boris Johnson. True Americans :cry

boutons_deux
06-26-2016, 11:47 AM
that southwest corner of Cornwall is at risk of losing UKL60M from EU. G F Y

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2016, 12:52 PM

So they get it from London instead. G F Y

rmt
06-26-2016, 01:57 PM

Do you really think that that money is less assured coming directly from UK than going through EU? That it's more likely going through Brussels than another part of the UK?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
06-26-2016, 02:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WojgOwR.jpg

SnakeBoy
06-26-2016, 03:11 PM

They will be fine IMO, but the hurt they will feel in the interim was entirely unnecessary.

Funny how the working class is the salt of the earth, backbone of society when they vote the way progressives want but quickly become uneducated racists if they don't.

Winehole23
06-26-2016, 03:32 PM
The ruling elite is out of touch on both sides of the pond. Absent that Trump wouldn't be a credible nominee.

Clipper Nation
06-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Fuck the capitalists. There are 40M+ people on public assistance, a couple M homeless children.
Says the guy who's shoulder-to-shoulder with Goldman Sachs against Brexit.

pgardn
06-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Funny how the working class is the salt of the earth, backbone of society when they vote the way progressives want but quickly become uneducated racists if they don't.

Its all relative. They are very underpaid based on Western standard CEOs. When a large group of people think they are left behind and they believe it, they often look for an easy blame. The easy blame, IMO, is immigrants. The salt of the earth has turned very nasty in the past. If you look at major revolutions in France, England, and even the Nazi take over, one can see how the salt of the earth can behave. I also believe this nastiness can be acquired by almost anyone.

Still no excuse.

pgardn
06-26-2016, 07:05 PM
The ruling elite is out of touch on both sides of the pond. Absent that Trump wouldn't be a credible nominee.

To a degree. But who is at fault? We have the power to vote and change our provincial elected leaders. But WE don't.

And common people (I include myself) are still nutty enough to vote for a certified nut? I know the alternative to Trump is especially entrenched and distasteful, but for Christ sakes...

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2016, 07:22 PM
The supreme court thing is not a joke.

We just had 4 justices last week totally disregard the constitution and vote to give the executive branch power that is undeniably the constitutional province of the legislative branch.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2016, 08:10 PM
Before you young open minded liberals think it's a good thing to let the President set immigration policy on his own without the consent of Congress just because it's Obama lets flip this around...

How would you like a President Trump given that same power not consulting Congress and building a wall and kicking doors in during the middle of the night and deporting illegal immigrants?

The constitution set up balances of power for a reason.

Once the Supreme court gets blindly politicized the whole system quits working.

Fabbs
06-26-2016, 08:21 PM
^^ good point.
Even tho Trump is already flip flopping on his wall and ban.

The real puss out was and is refusing to appoint a 5th judge.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2016, 08:35 PM
^^ good point.
Even tho Trump is already flip flopping on his wall and ban.

The real puss out was and is refusing to appoint a 5th judge.

Oh, I don't think Trump would do that if elected President I was just making the point how important it is to have justices that interpret the constitution and not vote political ideology on either side. unfortunately IMHO we already have 4 that have forgotten that.

rmt
06-26-2016, 09:41 PM
The liberal judges ALWAYS vote the liberal side. The conservative judges sometimes vote with the liberals see Roberts and Obamacare TWICE.

boutons_deux
06-26-2016, 11:47 PM
An astute online comment has some wondering whether Brexit may ever happen

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2016/06/brexitcomment.jpg

The speculative comment lays out a scenario under which Brexit might be averted. A redux of the argument goes like this:

British Prime Minster David Cameron had said that he would invoke Article 50 — which establishes a timetable for formally breaking up with the E.U. — if his country voted to leave the E.U. In fact, he'd said he would do it the morning after.

Instead, in announcing his impending resignation, he may be trying to shield his legacy by passing the responsibility of triggering a potentially catastrophic Brexit to his successor.

Given that Cameron's likely successors are Brexit supporters from within his party, one might think that they would simply go ahead and invoke Article 50, setting the E.U. pullout process in motion.

But, as Teebs notes, these likely successors have been quite subdued in their remarks since the referendum — and some are nowhere to be found.
Boris Johnson, London's former mayor and a favorite to succeed Cameron, has said that there is no need to trigger Article 50 right away.

Other "Brexiteers" from within Cameron's Conservative Party have simply avoided the question.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/26/an-astute-online-comment-has-many-wondering-whether-brexit-may-ever-happen/

spankadelphia
06-27-2016, 12:45 AM
Once the Supreme court gets blindly politicized the whole system quits working.

That's the idea. These people will be faced with 2 choices eventually; the straight jacket or the gas chamber. Until then, bullycide is the way.

spankadelphia
06-27-2016, 12:49 AM
The liberal judges ALWAYS vote the liberal side. The conservative judges sometimes vote with the liberals see Roberts and Obamacare TWICE.

They're called activist judges, and have been the main vehicles for progressive change the last 70 years. You think people voted for the Anchor Baby provision? Who do you think struck down Prop 187?

The SCOTUS is their main pet project. Once they have a majority on the court, the Constitution is what they say it is.

"This here looks like a provincial document written by evil slave owning racist white men." - wise latina:hat

FuzzyLumpkins
06-27-2016, 12:55 AM
The supreme court thing is not a joke.

We just had 4 justices last week totally disregard the constitution and vote to give the executive branch power that is undeniably the constitutional province of the legislative branch.

I'm sorry but I don't think youre more qualified to interpret the Constitution than they are.

spankadelphia
06-27-2016, 12:57 AM
(((Elena Kagan))) is the least qualified justice to ever sit on the court. Purely a product of Jewish nepotism.

Don't even get me started on Sotomayor.

boutons_deux
06-27-2016, 06:30 AM
(((Elena Kagan))) is the least qualified justice to ever sit on the court. Purely a product of Jewish nepotism.

the rightwingnut bigot, racist, misogynist speaks, and SO qualified on stuff judicial. :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-27-2016, 06:38 AM
I'm sorry but I don't think youre more qualified to interpret the Constitution than they are.

It's really pretty simple fuzzbrain. Congress writes the laws, not the President.

Winehole23
06-27-2016, 07:05 AM
Once the Supreme court gets blindly politicized the whole system quits working.the Supreme Court is inherently political. it's a co-equal branch of government. it's sovereign no less than Congress or the President.

pretending it isn't or shouldn't be is fuzzbrained.

Winehole23
06-27-2016, 07:17 AM
People are mad at government. Feel left out and left behind. It's a dangerous moment for us and a great opportunity for nuts like Trump who want to break the system in favor of Caudillismo.

boutons_deux
06-27-2016, 08:14 AM
People are mad at government. Feel left out and left behind. It's a dangerous moment for us and a great opportunity for nuts like Trump who want to break the system in favor of Caudillismo.

Trash will crash and burn, but Hillary won't try to do anything For The People, and the Repugs would block her anyway.

DNC is refusing Bernie peoples' platform amendments For The People.

Bernie's policies are ALL For The People, but the media + DNC establishment crushed him.

America is fucked and unfuckable. The Dem + Repug + BigCorp + VRWC oligarchy has the country by the balls.

boutons_deux
06-27-2016, 11:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NdQrGljHM&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEALC1z3QG8

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:18 AM
People who think multiculturalism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by an 81-19 margin.

People who think social liberalism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by an 80-20 margin.

People who think feminism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by a 74-26 margin.

People who think the green movement – environmentalism — “is a force for ill” voted to leave by a 78-22 margin. No word on climate change deniers specifically, but one can certainly speculate.

In other words, leave was given a big boost by the British equivalent of Breitbart readers.

The older you are, the more likely you were to vote leave.

White voters supported Brexiting by a 53-47 margin, while

two-thirds of Asians and three-quarters of blacks voted to Bremain.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/sorry-but-i-have-no-sympathy-for-old-england-first-cranks-and-soccer-hooligans/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

And they got lied to, and sucked it up, hook, line, and sinker.

Nigel Farage backtracks on Leave campaign's '£350m for the NHS' pledge hours after result

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

The Leave campaign was repeatedly rebuked by the UK Statistics Authority for claiming the UK paid the EU £350 million a week.

Watch him try not to say "yeah, we lied" on national television.

rmt
06-27-2016, 11:18 AM
It's really pretty simple fuzzbrain. Congress writes the laws, not the President.

And everybody who takes Civics knows it - including "constitutional scholar" Obama who himself said 22-23 times that he's not authorized to do it and went ahead and did it anyways. Whatever happened to his promise to uphold the constitution.

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:19 AM
They're called activist judges, and have been the main vehicles for progressive change the last 70 years. You think people voted for the Anchor Baby provision? Who do you think struck down Prop 187?

The SCOTUS is their main pet project. Once they have a majority on the court, the Constitution is what they say it is.

"This here looks like a provincial document written by evil slave owning racist white men." - wise latina:hat

Meh. You just want "activist" judges that agree with you. You don't really want impartiality.

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:23 AM
An astute online comment has some wondering whether Brexit may ever happen

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2016/06/brexitcomment.jpg

The speculative comment lays out a scenario under which Brexit might be averted. A redux of the argument goes like this:

British Prime Minster David Cameron had said that he would invoke Article 50 — which establishes a timetable for formally breaking up with the E.U. — if his country voted to leave the E.U. In fact, he'd said he would do it the morning after.

Instead, in announcing his impending resignation, he may be trying to shield his legacy by passing the responsibility of triggering a potentially catastrophic Brexit to his successor.

Given that Cameron's likely successors are Brexit supporters from within his party, one might think that they would simply go ahead and invoke Article 50, setting the E.U. pullout process in motion.

But, as Teebs notes, these likely successors have been quite subdued in their remarks since the referendum — and some are nowhere to be found.
Boris Johnson, London's former mayor and a favorite to succeed Cameron, has said that there is no need to trigger Article 50 right away.

Other "Brexiteers" from within Cameron's Conservative Party have simply avoided the question.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/26/an-astute-online-comment-has-many-wondering-whether-brexit-may-ever-happen/

Dang, the Post there nailed it.

The bloviating twats in the UK conservative movement just torpedoed themselves. They pushed, got what they wanted, and then realized that required grown up decisions.

What's funny is DJT is probably oblivious to it. And by funny, I mean sad.

boutons_deux
06-27-2016, 11:30 AM
he's not authorized to do it and went ahead and did it anyways

You Lie (as do the people who fed you this stinkin bullshit)

If Obama violated the Constitution with his Exec Orders, why aren't the Repugs impeaching him?

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:31 AM
Typical Boutons Hyperbole. The UK contributes 8.5 BILLION Pounds more to the EU than they get back from the EU.

https://fullfact.org/media/uploads/UK%20payments%20to%20EU%20budget%20since%201973.pn g

Boutons was referring to Cornwall, the county.

Not UK, the country.

That little "r" messes me up too, sometimes. (not being snarky, it really has caused me some fits when it comes to researching stuff)

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Interesting looking at the futures market for Monday...pound is up almost 10%, Euro up almost 3%.

Banks are getting slaughtered. Citi and Morgan Stanley down 9%.

FTSE's off about 2.5% as of now.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^ftse

Pound is down 1.6%
http://finance.yahoo.com/market-overview/

Seriously thinking about borrowing a bit of money and taking the family to see Great Britain.

Things are looking up for RG's family vacation fund.

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:39 AM

heh, putting "Trump" and "credible" in the same sentence makes my brain hurt.

RandomGuy
06-27-2016, 11:41 AM
And everybody who takes Civics knows it - including "constitutional scholar" Obama who himself said 22-23 times that he's not authorized to do it and went ahead and did it anyways. Whatever happened to his promise to uphold the constitution.

Expand on that a bit please. Not sure what the issue is, and thumbing through the last page or two's posts didn't help. What are you talking about?

CosmicCowboy
06-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Boutons was referring to Cornwall, the county.

Not UK, the country.

That little "r" messes me up too, sometimes. (not being snarky, it really has caused me some fits when it comes to researching stuff)

I understood that.

Let me give you guys an analogy.

Some states in the US send more money in taxes to Washington than they get back in benefits. Some send less than they get back in benefits.

Lets say we have a state in the US that sends 18.5 billion dollars in taxes to Washington every year and gets back 10 billion in benefits from the Federal government.

If they don't have to send the 18.5 billion to Washington they are more than capable of making up the 10 billion that they were getting from Washington.

That is the situation the UK was in with the EU except that the EU doesn't supply any infrastructure at all like we have in the US.

rmt
06-27-2016, 12:04 PM
You Lie (as do the people who fed you this stinkin bullshit)

If Obama violated the Constitution with his Exec Orders, why aren't the Repugs impeaching him?

Because they are feckless and weak - look at what they did with the budget - got into bed with the Dems and Obama - increased social spending for military spending - some opposition party. The states led by Texas sued.

rmt
06-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Expand on that a bit please. Not sure what the issue is, and thumbing through the last page or two's posts didn't help. What are you talking about?

Obama Argued Against Executive Amnesty 22 Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVl63yTmkI

Shorter one - claims 25 times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ssumIZIbY

boutons_deux
06-27-2016, 10:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl1S8n_WEAAWWwm.jpg

https://twitter.com/RobPulseNews/status/746844332855001088/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

FuzzyLumpkins
06-27-2016, 11:07 PM

President enforces the law, pedobear.

Clipper Nation
06-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Globalists digging for any loophole, any way out of Brexit that allows them to keep their power. And Bootards is cheering them on every step of the way, siding Goldman Sachs.

:lol Today's leftists

FuzzyLumpkins
06-27-2016, 11:08 PM
I understood that.

Some states in the US send more money in taxes to Washington than they get back in benefits. Some send less than they get back in benefits.

Lets say we have a state in the US that sends 18.5 billion dollars in taxes to Washington every year and gets back 10 billion in benefits from the Federal government.

If they don't have to send the 18.5 billion to Washington they are more than capable of making up the 10 billion that they were getting from Washington.

That is the situation the UK was in with the EU except that the EU doesn't supply any infrastructure at all like we have in the US.

That isn't an analogy. It's a reductio ad absurdum fantasy.

rmt
06-28-2016, 12:26 AM
Globalists digging for any loophole, any way out of Brexit that allows them to keep their power. And Bootards is cheering them on every step of the way, siding Goldman Sachs.

:lol Today's leftists

siding with Wall Street, the Establishment, the elites, the media, all the stars like JK Rowling - all out of touch with the common man.

Winehole23
06-28-2016, 12:51 AM
President enforces the law, pedobear.Each branch tends to thwart the other. It's a feature, not a bug.

Winehole23
06-28-2016, 12:52 AM
Unless of course you dislike the results, in which case you say they're unconstitutional.

spurtech09
06-28-2016, 12:55 AM
https://youtu.be/gQ96KHoYt6s

Ex Muslim says Isis in America.....Repent forgive for your sins....Seek Jesus Christ

SnakeBoy
06-28-2016, 01:51 AM
I understood that.

No need for an analogy...

First, Rick Noack detailed how, following Brexit, the county of Cornwall, located in southwestern England, stands to lose approximately 60 million pounds in E.U. subsidies — an “investment” that keeps the municipality afloat. Noack explained the sad state of things in Cornwall, stating that, “the county with more than 500,000 inhabitants is considered one of Britain’s poorest regions, and experts say further funding cuts could be catastrophic.”

Next, The Post’s Max Ehrenfreund wrote that, “the people who will suffer the most severe impact of Brexit don’t live in the U.K.” The most vulnerable victims of Brexit are those who could lose British foreign aid as a result of the vote changing the E.U. foreign-aid formulary under which Britain must give, Ehrenfreund wrote. He went on to explain that Great Britain “has committed to spending 0.7 percent of national income on foreign aid — about 12.2 billion pounds.” Ehrenfreund gives the specific example of Ethiopia, which received 322 million pounds from the U.K. in 2014, or about 0.8 percent of Ethiopia’s economy, and argues that this money is now at risk.

Well, let’s think about that. Let it sink in. Cornwall, which is located in the U.K., may lose its E.U. subsidy — and the U.K. might stop shipping some of its money to Ethiopia. Do you suppose British subjects in Cornwall wonder why they have to depend on a subsidy from the E.U. in Brussels while their government in London is sending more than five times that amount to Ethiopia? Maybe U.K. voters would prefer that Cornwall look to London for assistance and Ethiopia could take a haircut on what they receive from British taxpayers. It makes sense that British voters would want these decisions made by their government in London.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-28-2016, 03:30 AM
Each branch tends to thwart the other. It's a feature, not a bug.

Checks and balances indeed.

:bobo

RandomGuy
06-28-2016, 09:12 AM
That isn't an analogy. It's a reductio ad absurdum fantasy.

It seems like a fair analogy to me, except it misses the parts where the overall benefit of infrastructure, and trade with other states offsets the cost.

Failure to fully consider all evidence, costs, and benefits is a very common failing in the way many people view governments.

pgardn
06-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Unless of course you dislike the results, in which case you say they're unconstitutional.

Its extraordinarily inefficient. But it clearly was well-intended from a distribution of power point of view.

pgardn
06-28-2016, 10:09 AM

This is the Justice that Anthony Scalia looked forward to becoming a part of the Supreme Court as he wanted a person intellectual enough to see through the politics. Scalia looked forward to discussions with Kagan and was gratified when she was confirmed.

So...

There's that... Damn Catholic Scalia joining the Jews in a new world order... yeah...

pgardn
06-28-2016, 10:27 AM
No need for an analogy...

There are very few government choices of consequence that work out helping every individual.

And yes this was a government choice. They put up a referendum. Specifically Cameron thought he could negotiate a better deal for GB with the EU, which he did. He used the threat of a referendum as leverage. Now GB will feel the pain. There are very few groups that will be better off economically at least the next few years. Maybe some foreign companies stealing British labels for a fabricated product. Some specialized international lawyers will make some bucks...