PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibaka is reportedly on the trade block

ducks
06-23-2016, 04:55 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/6/23/12017192/serge-ibaka-trade-rumors-okc-thunder-nba-draft-2016?yptr=yahoo

Captivus
06-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Mmmm....wonder the same thing that the article does...wha does in mean regarding Durant...mmmm

cd98
06-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Doubt it means anything for Durant. I think it means that they realize that Adams is legit and they can play Durant at the 4 (or 2or 3) or they can play Kanter, so they don't need Ibaka and would rather spend that money on something else.

dabom
06-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Doubt it means anything for Durant. I think it means that they realize that Adams is legit and they can play Durant at the 4 (or 2or 3) or they can play Kanter, so they don't need Ibaka and would rather spend that money on something else.

You need talent to win ships. Not what ifs or young players. You keep Ibaka AND get better players. This most definitely sends the wrong signals to KD for whatever the intentions are.

SpursforSix
06-23-2016, 05:22 PM
You need talent to win ships. Not what ifs or young players. You keep Ibaka AND get better players. This most definitely sends the wrong signals to KD for whatever the intentions are.

It's a good point. And one Pop should take note of. Imagine Leonard and Aldridge wondering WTF if the Spurs don't upgrade at PG over the next years.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 05:30 PM

Kanter couldn't even stay on the floor w/ a less than 100% Curry & GayMond is going to have his way sans Ibaka.:lol

cd98
06-23-2016, 05:49 PM
Kanter couldn't even stay on the floor w/ a less than 100% Curry & GayMond is going to have his way sans Ibaka.:lol

Maybe not against the Warriors, but not many teams have Draymond. And per DaBoom's comment, trading Ibaka doesn't mean a downgrade in talent. It could be to improve other positions. It's not like they are giving him away. They are just listening to offers.

Kawhitstorm
06-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Maybe not against the Warriors, but not many teams have Draymond.

Except Draymond isn't going anywhere

And per DaBoom's comment, trading Ibaka doesn't mean a downgrade in talent. It could be to improve other positions. It's not like they are giving him away. They are just listening to offers.

WestBrick/Waiters+Roberson/Dominos/Ibaka/Adams worked out just fine so why would they give away a key piece while keeping a one way player (Kanter). They have the MLE to pickup a backup point guard.

They simply don't want to pay BOTH Ibaka/Kanter & they chose Kanter. Not that different than the Harden/Ibaka dilemma.

cd98
06-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Except Draymond isn't going anywhere

WestBrick/Waiters+Roberson/Dominos/Ibaka/Adams worked out just fine so why would they give away a key piece while keeping a one way player (Kanter). They have the MLE to pickup a backup point guard.

They simply don't want to pay BOTH Ibaka/Kanter & they chose Kanter. Not that different than the Harden/Ibaka dilemma.

Maybe they think they can get more value by trading Ibaka.

tonight...you
06-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Good point, but what if they get blown away by a stoopid GM with a stoopid offer.
Might not have gotten that stoopid offer if you didn't put Ibaka up for sale to begin with...

No stoopid offer, no sale and everyone comes back. Stoopid offer? Then elevate your team and everyone (except maybe said player who won't even be on the team anymore) is happy.

Easy stuff.

Yes? No?

dabom
06-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Good point, but what if they get blown away by a stoopid GM with a stoopid offer.
Might not have gotten that stoopid offer if you didn't put Ibaka up for sale to begin with...

No stoopid offer, no sale and everyone comes back. Stoopid offer? Then elevate your team and everyone (except maybe said player who won't even be on the team anymore) is happy.

Easy stuff.

Yes? No?

After trading Harden and some other quality players and I'm KD, I'm already thinking our GM is shit at trading. And it also sends the signal that they are planning for me leaving.

That's what I'd expect if I was KD.

tonight...you
06-23-2016, 06:13 PM
After trading Harden and some other quality players and I'm KD, I'm already thinking our GM is shit at trading. And it also sends the signal that they are planning for me leaving.

That's what I'd expect if I was KD.
I feel that. Gots to be feeling skeptical about the boss man at this point.

Darius McCrary
06-23-2016, 06:23 PM
:lmao they preparing to blow it up and start over

dabom
06-23-2016, 06:28 PM
I think WOJ was doing some damage control and said OKC were taking calls but were not shopping him around. :lol

They were trying to bury that real quick. :lol

Nathan89
06-23-2016, 06:30 PM
OKC would be so sick if the could swap him for Avery Bradley. GSW probably would be able to defeat them with an elite defender to help nullify Curry considering Durant will nullify Draymond.

ducks
06-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) Oklahoma City has traded Serge Ibaka to the Orlando Magic, league sources told @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical/).

ducks
06-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) Orlando will send Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and rights to Sabonis to the Thunder, sources said.

montgod
06-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Oh my! Presti worked the hell out of that!! Damn! Great trade for OKC imo...wow.

Obi Juan Kenobi
06-23-2016, 07:53 PM
That is an impressive haul right there... :depressed

Spurs9
06-23-2016, 07:55 PM
Wow unreal trade for OKC getting a real point guard, maybe Durrant stays if Westbrook doesnt play point.

montgod
06-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Wow unreal trade for OKC getting a real point guard, maybe Durrant stays if Westbrook doesnt play point.

It's as good as gold that Durant stays with that haul. Oladipo can play sg or PG and Sabonis is just icing...smh. Pop/RC need to move on

Mr. Body
06-23-2016, 08:01 PM
That's an awesome trade, tbh. Damn, great for them, esp if they keep Durant. Wow.

Mr. Body
06-23-2016, 08:02 PM
That definitively moves OKC past the Spurs.

Spurs9
06-23-2016, 08:02 PM
That definitively moves OKC past the Spurs.

They were already ahead of us before this :lol

RD2191
06-23-2016, 08:04 PM
Spurs are fucked.

NASpurs
06-23-2016, 08:04 PM

Yeah no kidding :lol

cd98
06-23-2016, 08:05 PM
Like I said, Ibaka trade made OKC better and deeper. I like Sabonis in the NBA, he'll be good.

SAGirl
06-23-2016, 08:06 PM
OKC getting stacked

Mr. Body
06-23-2016, 08:07 PM

Any chance of us moving past is gone. I don't see the Spurs making up the ground.