PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka got traded to Orlando

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 07:48 PM

loveforthegame
06-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Good riddance. That dude always shit on us.

dabom
06-23-2016, 07:50 PM
:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub

Obi Juan Kenobi
:downspin:

ducks
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261627&p=8636522#post8636522

loveforthegame
06-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Wait. OKC just made a haul. :pctoss

siraulo23
06-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Wow

Kurik
06-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Orlando gave up way too much.

KDKSpurs24
06-23-2016, 07:55 PM
YESSSS

spursnatic
06-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Good riddance. That dude always shit on us.Until we found out how to create a Mismatch and Spread the floor with our shooters.Where he had to go out and guard instead of Volleyballing our shit everytime we drove in the Paint

Leetonidas
06-23-2016, 07:58 PM
Until we found out how to create a Mismatch and Spread the floor with our shooters.Where he had to go out and guard instead of Volleyballing our shit everytime we drove in the Paint

he was just shitting on us from 3 a month ago

SpursFan86
06-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Is it me or is Oladipo + Sabonis + Ilyasova a hell of a haul for Ibaka?

Spurs9
06-23-2016, 08:01 PM

Highway robbery

dabom
06-23-2016, 08:02 PM

Everyone except me.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 08:03 PM
I don't get this deal at all for OKC. They don't need more offense, how can they trade their best rim protector? Oladipo just seems like a high volume, low efficiency scorer, and Ilyasova sucks.

Mr. Body
06-23-2016, 08:04 PM
Crap, that's incredible for OLC. Oladipo is a player I really like and should be fantastic there. This tremendously sucks.

Mr. Body
I don't get this deal at all for OKC. They don't need more offense, how can they trade their best rim protector? Oladipo just seems like a high volume, low efficiency scorer, and Ilyasova sucks.

You don't know anything about Oladipo, I guess.

Holy shit that's straight up robbery. Trading a regressed Ibaka for Oladipo, a stretch 4, and another young player in return? Durant staying for sure.

Mugen
06-23-2016, 08:05 PM

I think it reeks of them being scared that KD is San Francisco bound tbh.

Ibaka > Oladipo, Ilyasova, and a rookie if we're talking championship contention next season tbh.....

Kurik

Oladipo is an upgrade over Waiters even if he may not fit well offensively. As others have said Durant seems to like him for whatever reason.

dabom

Even the commentators alluded to Westbrook leaving. You know KD is having huge doubts about OKC especially after Ibaka leaving for some random players you've never played with.

baseline bum
Volume scoring guards are a dime a dozen. I don't get the love for Oladipo, especially when you're not going to want to take shots away from Durant and Westbrook.

montgod
06-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Man... OKC played that so perfectly. Oh...Durant wants to go home, let's just bring in a young #2 overall pick from his hometown area who is a beast and can play several positions...ugh. Does Isaiah Thomas work for ORL now?

Budkin
:lmao Orlando!!!

dabom

Ibaka > Oladipo, Ilyasova, and a rookie if we're talking championship contention next season tbh.....

You know what Ibaka brings. You don't know how losing him and playing with some randoms will be next season. You jump ship if you're KD.

cd98
Olidipo is a solid defender and a combo guard who gives them depth in the backcourt. Sabonis will be a solid NBA big.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Man... OKC played that so perfectly. Oh...Durant wants to go home, let's just bring in a young #2 overall pick from his hometown area who is a beast and can play several positions...ugh. Does Isaiah Thomas work for ORL now?

????? Are you comparing Oladipo and Durant?

montgod
06-23-2016, 08:09 PM
You know what Ibaka brings. You don't know how losing him and playing with some randoms will be next season. You jump ship if you're KD.

There is no way man... Ibaka is good but Oladipo is definitely not a random. KD is locked in staying... no doubt

dabom
06-23-2016, 08:10 PM
There is no way man... Ibaka is good but Oladipo is definitely not a random. KD is locked in staying... no doubt

As far as Championship contention he is. Does the guy even have any playoff experience? :lmao

Holden_Caulfield
Not a good month for Orlando

montgod
????? Are you comparing Oladipo and Durant?

How does that read as a comparison? I was describing Oladipo who is from Maryland and a #2 overall pick in the nba himself if you didn't know.

baseline bum
06-23-2016, 08:11 PM

Yeah, they must be scared shitless to make a move like this that hurts them badly for next season.

dabom
06-23-2016, 08:12 PM
How does that read as a comparison? I was describing Oladipo who is from Maryland and a #2 overall pick in the nba himself if you didn't know.

Being 2nd overall pick doesn't mean shit if you suck. :lmao

Captivus
06-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Volume scoring guards are a dime a dozen. I don't get the love for Oladipo, especially when you're not going to want to take shots away from Durant and Westbrook.

Mmm....interesting...

montgod
Being 2nd overall pick doesn't mean shit if you suck. :lmao

Alright imma stop wasting my time responding with that...smh

Mnky

They did it for the future. They can't Max ibaka and Adams and Adams is better. Sabonis and adams will be a formidable pairing going forward with or without Durant. Picking up oladipo seems like Westbrook insurance invade he leaves too.

apalisoc_9
06-23-2016, 08:18 PM
Thank God. Ibaka killed the spurs

Dverde
06-23-2016, 08:18 PM
How does Orlando not get the OKC pick on that. That is a terrible GM. Didn't he hire Scot Stiles?

AFMadison
06-23-2016, 08:19 PM
This. Plus he's got to feel something, I mean Ibaka and him have been through it all together. They were so close then all of a sudden the team gets broken up....
They had a solid defender in Roberson and now you replace him with Oladipo and downgrade your stretch 4 who was your top rim protector. Doesn't really make since for both teams. OKC robbed Orlando but may have screwed themselves into losing Durant.

Kurik
06-23-2016, 08:20 PM
How does Orlando not get the OKC pick on that. That is a terrible GM. Didn't he hire Scot Stiles?

OKC has no picks this year, Orlando should have gotten next years and they probably could have if they asked.

look_at_g_shred
06-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Funny thing is Ibaka wasn't even the reason we lost to them. It was Adams/Waiters

dabom
06-23-2016, 08:21 PM
This. Plus he's got to feel something, I mean Ibaka and him have been through it all together. They were so close then all of a sudden the team gets broken up....
They had a solid defender in Roberson and now you replace him with Oladipo and downgrade your stretch 4 who was your top rim protector. Doesn't really make since for both teams. OKC robbed Orlando but may have screwed themselves into losing Durant.

You could make a debate to what both teams get but it means KD is losing a warrior that he knows first hand.

AFMadison
06-23-2016, 08:24 PM
You could make a debate to what both teams get but it means KD is losing a warrior that he knows first hand.
?

Keepin' it real
Wow, Sabonis is gonna be a very good pro. Spurs fans will quickly grow to hate him.

Should have never let Presti go :cry

dabom
06-23-2016, 08:25 PM

Not literally a Warrior. Like a battle tested friend.

AFMadison
06-23-2016, 08:27 PM
Not literally a Warrior. Like a battle tested friend.
:lol I know. Thought you were discreetly throwing out predictions of KDs future

dabom
06-23-2016, 08:27 PM
:lol I know. Thought you were discreetly throwing out predictions of KDs future

I thought so too. didn't know which one you meant. :lol

Dverde
06-23-2016, 08:28 PM
OKC has no picks this year, Orlando should have gotten next years and they probably could have if they asked.
He also got very little for Frye. SI gave him an "F".

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/18/trade-grades-cavaliers-channing-frye-anderson-varejao-three-team-deal-magic-blazers

99 Problems
06-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Lets see if Grizz take Baldwin. Might give us Conley lead.

99 Problems
06-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Well well..

AFMadison
06-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Wonder if the Wade Baldwin pick says anything about Conley??

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Should have never let Presti go :cry
The real mastermind behind the Parker pick.

He's better than RC and it ain't close.

Keepin' it real
06-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Suddenly, the Spurs will be battling the TWolves and Clippers to be the third best team in the west ... a distant third at that. :depressed

td4mvp2k
06-23-2016, 08:54 PM
good... helps spurs :tu

SAGirl
06-23-2016, 09:06 PM
I think its a great haul for Ibaka. They weren't going to re-sign him bc they need to pay Adams next season who is better. They got a great haul for a player they were going to be unable to afford.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-23-2016, 09:06 PM
1 of the biggest spur killers in history. Praise the lord

Sean Cagney
06-23-2016, 09:11 PM

Oh they got better for sure! KD might just think about staying there IMO.

CGD
06-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Also isn't Serge a FA next summer? That's a lot to give up for a rental, wow

ducks
06-23-2016, 09:16 PM
The real mastermind behind the Parker pick.

He's better than RC and it ain't close.

was he the master mind with trading harden

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2016, 09:19 PM
was he the master mind with trading harden
Cheap owner was the mastermind behind that tbh

tholdren
06-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Wait. OKC just made a haul. :pctoss
not really.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2016, 09:53 PM
It's a solid move for OKC, tbh..

It doesn't help them much vs. the Spurs in the short-term IMO, but it's a prudent move going forward..

1. Ibaka had a solid playoff run, but has progressively declined the past few seasons..they're gonna have to pay him big money and there's a legitimate question as to whether he's worth the money and commitment

2. OKC desperately needed another ball-handler and creator..it'll be a challenge for Donovan and will test his coaching ability, but if he can effectively utilize another creator and have Westbrook playing off the ball more, it could be a huge move to alleviate some of the load

3. The Thunder's run was very flukish, as I said earlier today..they had a ton of fortune, including Andre Roberson playing by far the best basketball of his life, which is not something you can rely on, going forward..they needed an upgrade over Waiters/Roberson, and while I'm not a huge fan of Oladipo's game, he's young and much, much, much more talented than both of those other guys..

dbestpro
06-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Ibaka has mad skills for his position, but could never see the ball. The trade will not make OKC better, than they were this year. They will miss Ibaka's ability to bail them out with his 15-20 foot jump shot.

J_Paco
06-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Oladipo is an upgrade over Waiters even if he may not fit well offensively. As others have said Durant seems to like him for whatever reason.

Clear Prince George's County (Maryland) connection is why Durant likes Oladipo. I'm just surprised that Orlando has given up on him so quickly. Not sure how this trade really benefits either team although it strengthens OKC's perimeter defense and Orlando's interior defense.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-23-2016, 10:19 PM
Spurs are so fucked next season, god damn

Keepin' it real
06-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Does getting Sabonis mean McGary is a bust?

T Park
06-23-2016, 10:35 PM
You don't know anything about Oladipo, I guess.

Other than he can't shoot and that helps the Spurs?

DAF86
06-23-2016, 10:53 PM
What star ball handlers does Orlando have? The only way this trade makes sense for them is if they had an over-abundance of creators.

dbestpro
06-23-2016, 11:01 PM
Fournier (46%-2, 40%-3) made Olidipo (43%-2, 34%-3) expendable. Better than Waiters at the two, and worse at the three. Good defender, but will not make up for the loss of athleticism of Ibaka, inside.

K...
06-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Spurs are so fucked next season, god damn

is this a jynx comment? WE are actually quite fine.

Ditty
06-23-2016, 11:24 PM
Ibaka was one of the reasons that Thunder played well against the Warriors, because of his versatility even against the Spurs he couldn't miss a jumper. They have no legit true shot blocking presence now. I don't get the hype outside of Oladipo who is a good player, and an upgrade over Waiters who played pretty damn good basketball for once in the playoffs.

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2016, 11:26 PM
Thanks OKC! Spurs match up better with what the Thunder are touting now

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 12:59 AM
Fournier (46%-2, 40%-3) made Olidipo (43%-2, 34%-3) expendable. Better than Waiters at the two, and worse at the three. Good defender, but will not make up for the loss of athleticism of Ibaka, inside.

Oladipo is even WORSE as a spot-up shooter so good luck scoring off the dribble w/ WestBrick/Dominos on the floor.:lol

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Clear Prince George's County (Maryland) connection is why Durant likes Oladipo. I'm just surprised that Orlando has given up on him so quickly. Not sure how this trade really benefits either team although it strengthens OKC's perimeter defense and Orlando's interior defense.

OKC didn't want to play Ibaka/Waiters while the Magic needed a rim protector in a bad way.

Oladipo also might have caught KD's eye when OKC player the Magic this season:

Xu1IyRTg5G0

cjw
06-24-2016, 02:43 AM
Presti loves picking up guys who never reached potential despite high draft picks. Here's to hoping Oladipo follows in Waiters' footsteps and Kanter's defensive half.

Stop overrating him because he was the second overall pick. He can't shoot. That's a problem when you need to spread the floor. Ibaka is a MUCH better shooter.

NameLess Scrub
06-24-2016, 02:44 AM
OKC didn't want to play Ibaka/Waiters while the Magic needed a rim protector in a bad way.

Oladipo also might have caught KD's eye when OKC player the Magic this season:

Xu1IyRTg5G0

I agree on ORL's need for a rim protector, but still feel like they gave away too much for a regressing Ibaka that might be gone next year anyway.

Oladipo is a talented player, still with potential. I still had hope he could improve his shooting.
On top of that Sabonis is a lottery pick too.

~O~ (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=45336)

YGWHI
06-24-2016, 05:34 AM
OKC robbed Orlando but may have screwed themselves into losing Durant.

Agree. But also, there is no way OKC made this move without knowing Durant intentions. Presti knows they're losing KD and now he's trying to get young pieces, very similar to Portland and LMA last offseason, trading everyone because they lost their best player.

kobyz
06-24-2016, 06:05 AM
Oladipo is like a bigger, more athletic that can play the two Reggie Jackson who they lost and was a Spurs killer, great deal for OKC, Spurs are so fucked!!! OKC keep their front court of Kanter and Adams that murdered the Spurs(with Sabonis that could also help and be an upgrade over Kanter some day) and adding high level perimeter guy long side the big 2...

cjw
06-24-2016, 06:46 AM
Oladipo is like a bigger, more athletic that can play the two Reggie Jackson who they lost and was a Spurs killer, great deal for OKC, Spurs are so fucked!!! OKC keep their front court of Kanter and Adams that murdered the Spurs(with Sabonis that could also help and be an upgrade over Kanter some day) and adding high level perimeter guy long side the big 2...

How quickly you forget what a big piece of the front court Ibaka was. By the Warriors series, Kanter barely saw the floor. Ibaka's shooting percentage was lower but don't forget he was LITERALLY the only reliable shooter outside of Durant ... Morrow doesn't count because he plays zero D.

Stop overrating Oladipo based on athleticism. He's shown flashes but is pretty inefficient. Maybe he gets better with more limited touches - I expect he does, as well as while he ages - but still risky to move Ibaka.

Probably more of a deal to move Ibaka before it got too expensive to resign him next summer while having Oladipo under team control. Sabonis was a nice bonus in the deal.

Magic moves make me scratch my head. Why not just see if you can develop a young Tobias Harris into something competent instead of panicking on Ibaka?

Spurtacular
06-24-2016, 07:05 AM

Gervin44Silas13
06-24-2016, 08:07 AM
you forgot if Chuckbrook and Durant can stay healthy or any player on that OKC team....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAN9ORwsiVA

if you wanna crown em then crown thier ass!!!!

LMAO at the Hype

J_Paco
06-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Does getting Sabonis mean McGary is a bust?

Last time I checked you need 4 big men in your rotation, so Adams, Kanter, Sabonis and McGary equals four. It'll be interesting what happens with Nick Collison and if he even has a spot in the rotation anymore.

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Last time I checked you need 4 big men in your rotation, so Adams, Kanter, Sabonis and McGary equals four. It'll be interesting what happens with Nick Collison and if he even has a spot in the rotation anymore.

The issue is that they don't have a starting quality PF

J_Paco
06-24-2016, 09:15 AM

I think Sabonis or McGary can play the 4 in stretchs, but you're right that they lack any true power forward with this current 4 man group.

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 09:18 AM
I think Sabonis or McGary can play the 4 in stretchs, but you're right that they lack any true power forward with this current 4 man group.

Probably going to see a lot of Roberson playing at the 4 spot against mobile PFs.

kobyz
06-24-2016, 09:22 AM

They have Ilyasova as a solid stretch four, they could always use durant at the 4... And against the Spurs moustache brothers front court work great for them...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 10:10 AM
They have Ilyasova as a solid stretch four, they could always use durant at the 4... And against the Spurs moustache brothers front court work great for them...

The team to beat in the West are the Duds & Ibaka had the best net rating in the WCF. Ilyasova is D-Worst status on defense & has no chance against Draymond.

Spursmania
06-24-2016, 11:02 AM
:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub

kobyz
06-24-2016, 11:23 AM
The team to beat in the West are the Duds & Ibaka had the best net rating in the WCF. Ilyasova is D-Worst status on defense & has no chance against Draymond.

lol, like you wanted the Spurs playing the Thunder instead of Clippers, you should retire from this site!!!

duncan2150
06-24-2016, 11:49 AM
I don't understand what the Magic is doing, they already have Gordon who's a four and i really like Oladipo.

But for us it's a good thing, Ibaka was a problem for the Spurs.

Hoops Czar
06-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Grand theft Orlando.

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 12:32 PM
lol, like you wanted the Spurs playing the Thunder instead of Clippers, you should retire from this site!!!

Last I checked Cripples beat the Spurs when the Spurs actually had a bench & Tim wasn't a dead man walking.:lol

Cripples knocked off the defending champs in Gm 7 despite Chris Paul playing on one leg meanwhile Meth City blew a 3-1 lead despite Curry playing w/ a torn MCL for the ENTIRE series.:lol

kobyz
06-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Last I checked Cripples beat the Spurs when the Spurs actually had a bench & Tim wasn't a dead man walking.:lol

Cripples knocked off the defending champs in Gm 7 despite Chris Paul playing on one leg meanwhile Meth City blew a 3-1 lead despite Curry playing w/ a torn MCL for the ENTIRE series.:lol

Well you prove wrong bigtime with your disrespect of thunder, all this just show how much superficial you are with your takes, you can't read behind anything! At least if you only been stupid, but not, you also arrogant on top of it...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Just show how much superficial you are with your takes, you can't read behind anything!

I ACTUALLY happened so there is NOTHING superficial about it.:lol

kobyz
06-24-2016, 12:59 PM
I ACTUALLY happened so there is NOTHING superficial about it.:lol

What happened is thunder shit on the Spurs...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 01:13 PM
What happened is thunder shit on the Spurs...

Meth City did nothing the Cripples didn't do, beat the Spurs then choke away a 3-1 lead.:lol #tallestmidget

kobyz
06-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Meth City did nothing the Cripples didn't do, beat the Spurs then choke away a 3-1 lead.:lol #tallestmidget

You looked to much into 2015 series when it was a season with the most bad coaching job season in history of any coach... You faild to understand how much scary thunder was even after all our history with them, you preferred them over Clippers with Blake coming to playoff injured, you are a stupid fuck...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 01:25 PM
You looked to much into 2015 series when it was a season with the most bad coaching job season in history of any coach... You faild to understand how much scary thunder was even after all our history with them, you preferred them over Clippers with Blake coming to playoff injured, you are a stupid fuck...

Dumbass, I said Cripples w/ a HEALTHY Blake who was supposedly rehabbing before it was revealed otherwise two weeks before the start of the postseason. Last I checked, Blake killed the Spurs in 2015 so only an idiot would assume I said Cripples w/o a healthy Blake > Meth City.

Your dumbass is out here playing Monday Night QB when Blake/CP3 were knocked out of the 1st rd due to injuries. That would be the equivalent of me clowning folks for OKC losing to the Grizz in 2013 after WestBrick got injured in the 1st rd.:lol

kobyz
06-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Dumbass, I said Cripples w/ a HEALTHY Blake who was supposedly rehabbing before it was revealed otherwise two weeks before the start of the postseason. Last I checked Blake killed the Spurs in 2015 so only an idiot would assume I said Cripples w/o a healthy Blake > Meth City.

Your dumbass is out here playing Monday Night QB when Blake/CP3 were knocked out of the 1st due to injuries. That would be the equivalent of me clowning folks for OKC missing the postseason in 2015 when Dominos missed 75% of the season.:lol

You lying, you still preferred thunder after Blake got injured in regular season...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 01:40 PM
You lying, you still preferred thunder after Blake got injured in regular season...

Way to pull one out of your gaping butt hole.:sleep

kobyz
06-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Way to pull one out of your gaping butt hole.:sleep

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257845&p=8452478&viewfull=1#post8452478 this was after he already three months out and you kept going with this after that also... And even if he wasn't in an injured season you were still be such stupid to prefer thunder so much without any doubt and very arrogant...

-21-
06-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Oladipo is a solid player but if Durant stays, I'm not sure how big of an impact Oladipo can make offensively. He's at his best with the ball in his hands but he won't get many touches with KD/WB dominating the offense. Also, OKC's spacing would be terrible because Oladipo is a worse shooter than Waiters, Roberson/Kanter/Adams can't shoot at all, and they've lost a stretch 4 in Ibaka. Ilyasova has range but I don't think he's a positive when you take into account defense.

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 02:09 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257845&p=8452478&viewfull=1#post8452478 this was after he already three months out and you kept going with this after that also... And even if he wasn't in an injured season you were still be such stupid to prefer thunder so much without any doubt and very arrogant...

You provided me a link that had no mentions of me claiming Cripples w/o Blake > Meth City. Thank you for proving me RIGHT!:toast

kobyz
06-24-2016, 02:24 PM
You provided me a link that had no mentions of me claiming Cripples w/o Blake > Meth City. Thank you for proving me RIGHT!:toast

You are stupid or stupid? It's prove you still preferred OKC over Clippers even though Blake not healthy...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 04:07 PM
You are stupid or stupid? It's prove you still preferred OKC over Clippers even though Blake not healthy...

gambit1990
06-24-2016, 04:14 PM
i hate saying it but i can't wait to see sabonis and adams playing together.

SAGirl
06-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Oladipo is a solid player but if Durant stays, I'm not sure how big of an impact Oladipo can make offensively. He's at his best with the ball in his hands but he won't get many touches with KD/WB dominating the offense. Also, OKC's spacing would be terrible because Oladipo is a worse shooter than Waiters, Roberson/Kanter/Adams can't shoot at all, and they've lost a stretch 4 in Ibaka. Ilyasova has range but I don't think he's a positive when you take into account defense. I think they envision Oladipo in a Reggie Jackson, former Harden role. They want a third scorer. Waiters was filling that spot fir them and when Waiters played well like he did against Manu, they were fine, but when Waiters crumbled like against GSW they couldn't handle it between the two of them. They want help from another ballhandler/scorer.

kobyz
06-24-2016, 04:34 PM

And there are some people here taking you seriously, smh...

tonight...you
06-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Congrats on 3000 brother. Here's to looking forward to 3000 more shitty posts from you.

kobyz
06-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Congrats on 3000 brother. Here's to looking forward to 3000 more shitty posts from you.
Ok bro, you can keep sucking to apalisoc alts...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 04:54 PM
And there are some people here taking you seriously, smh...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 04:56 PM
I think they envision Oladipo in a Reggie Jackson, former Harden role. They want a third scorer. Waiters was filling that spot fir them and when Waiters played well like he did against Manu, they were fine, but when Waiters crumbled like against GSW they couldn't handle it between the two of them. They want help from another ballhandler/scorer.

Except they gave up the guy w/ the best net rating in the WCF: Ibaka:lol

SAGirl
06-24-2016, 05:01 PM
Except they gave up the guy w/ the best net rating in the WCF: Ibaka:lol
They weren't going to be able to resign both him Adams and Westbrook. They had to let someone go. I think they got a good ideal instead of facing a situation like we did with Cojo last season. We couldn't 're-sign him. He was gone for no asset.

tonight...you
06-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Ok bro, you can keep sucking to apalisoc alts...
Glad to see you going strong. Just keep posting those barely intelligible posts.
You replaced my fun on this site since KBP left. Damn, I miss that guy...

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 05:03 PM
They weren't going to be able to resign both him Adams and Westbrook. They had to let someone go. I think they got a good ideal instead of facing a situation like we did with Cojo last season. We couldn't 're-sign him. He was gone for no asset.

They should have sold high on Kanter & promoted McGary to backup duty.

SAGirl
06-24-2016, 05:07 PM
They should have sold high on Kanter & promoted McGary to backup duty.
I bet Ibaka got them the best haul not Kanter and Kanter is under team control.

Kawhitstorm
06-24-2016, 05:11 PM
I bet Ibaka got them the best haul not Kanter and Kanter is under team control.

Kanter/Sabonis is just too redundant

HarlemHeat37
06-24-2016, 05:35 PM
I understand the move from a long-term perspective, it definitely gives them more flexibility and a higher ceiling for the future..

In the short-term, it doesn't really help them vs. the Spurs or GS IMO(although it's smart that they aren't banking on Roberson's fluke playoff run)..Ibaka has declined as a defender, but he's still by far their best rim protector, especially since their new anchor is just average at defending the basket..

TD 21
06-24-2016, 05:42 PM
The Magic overpaid, even though Ibaka will probably be more motivated (contract year, plus he probably thinks he'll have an expanded role) and is the perfect power forward to pair with Vucevic.

Excellent trade by the Thunder, even though it leaves them without a legit starting power forward, but between Ilyasova, Durant and Kanter, they should be able to mix and match well enough to get by.

Oladipo is a clear upgrade on any shooting guard they've had since Harden, fits well enough alongside Durant and Westbrook and if they leave in the next two off seasons, is good enough to play a more featured role.

tholdren
06-24-2016, 08:06 PM
Oladipo is a solid player but if Durant stays, I'm not sure how big of an impact Oladipo can make offensively. He's at his best with the ball in his hands but he won't get many touches with KD/WB dominating the offense. Also, OKC's spacing would be terrible because Oladipo is a worse shooter than Waiters, Roberson/Kanter/Adams can't shoot at all, and they've lost a stretch 4 in Ibaka. Ilyasova has range but I don't think he's a positive when you take into account defense.
yes. unless they think they can make it back to the wcf and use oldipo as a better defender on thompson. lost stretching the d for sure.

spursistan
06-24-2016, 09:04 PM

Keepin' it real
06-24-2016, 09:29 PM

Showing, once again, that +/- is a completely irrelevant "statistic."

dbestpro
06-25-2016, 10:53 AM

Not to mention that Ibaka was there only true shot blocker, and had an impact on the defense of the team. The Spurs lost to OKC due to athleticism. OKC is now less athletic, and with or without Durant is more beatable for a Spurs team.